Rate My Offensive Team

This team has served me well for a few months now, but with its recent loss in Smogon4, I am going to give it a rest for a while. So with that, I give this team to the community.

Weavile (♂) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Pursuit

Makes a good lead. Expert Belt to provide a little extra punch without losing flexibility. Can fake being Choiced until the endgame, when an opponent is no longer prepared to kill it. Shard for Dragons and finishing off fast threats, Pursuit for Gar and Azelf, BB for Bliss and Steels. Night Slash for STAB.

Heatran (♂) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hits very hard from the Special side, Specs FB does 30%+ to Bliss. HP Elec for Gyara, who otherwise gives this team issues.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Sleep Talk

Hits hard and takes hits from the Physical side. Pursuit to deal with pesky Ghosts/Psychics. Also absorbs status for the team.

Salamence (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Hits everything in the game for massive damage. This thing's main job is to hit for huge damage, but another important role this fills is to show me who their primary counter for the Dragons is.

Garchomp (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Once I have seen their whole team, specifically the Dragon counter switched in to Mence, this thing sweeps. No Sub because I don't want to be walled by Zong/Skarm.

Tentacruel (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Takes Special hits for the team, and spins away SR, which hurts my team. Toxic Spikes helps weaken the opponent for a Chomp sweep, and SB lets Cruel hurt Grass/Water Pokes.

Overall, this team looks to hit hard from turn 1, and never look back. The 2 Dragons work well together, as they are often countered by the same Pokemon. The joint Ice weakness is handled by every other team member resisting Ice. Usually this team wins when Chomp sweeps, but Mence, Gross, Weavile, and Heatran all sweep on occasion.

Any comments and criticism are very much appreciated. May Smogon dissect this team to the fullest!

first of all, read my sig. that thing's getting popular. i don't like expert belt on weavile. i prefer muscle band if you want versatility. i just don't see it hitting super effective on THAT much to warrant EB, especially if you're going with a 3 type set.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As Animenagai pointed out, Life Orb CB Mamoswine sweeps 5/6ths of this team without a second thought. A good solution would be a bulkier psychic type, like Mesprit. Mesprit has base 105 attacks and defenses, and would help this team out against the ever growing Mamoswine threat.

Actually I'm going to go on a limb and say you have another Garchomp weakness. Hell, if you face another one like yours and get the wrong end of a 50/50, you're F'd, considering it'd probably OHKO every single thing.

Now what I like to do with this kind of offensive team is replace the Salamence. Those mix Draco Meteor/Brick Breaks are great, fantastic and what not, but I find Gyarados better. You can at least spam it around for a non DC weak Intimidate. And along with that, we can do two things. Interchange one of the steel types. I'd probably get rid of Heatran. What would be better there is a Jirachi. We can go two ways, but ultimately one decision. Calm Mind. Now you can have Sub and attempt to sweep that way, or run Wish, which still lets you beat Blissey, as well as recover random shits on the team.

And you have a Mamoswine weak.

Actually I'm going to go on a limb and say you have another Garchomp weakness. Hell, if you face another one like yours and get the wrong end of a 50/50, you're F'd, considering it'd probably OHKO every single thing.

Now what I like to do with this kind of offensive team is replace the Salamence. Those mix Draco Meteor/Brick Breaks are great, fantastic and what not, but I find Gyarados better. You can at least spam it around for a non DC weak Intimidate. And along with that, we can do two things. Interchange one of the steel types. I'd probably get rid of Heatran. What would be better there is a Jirachi. We can go two ways, but ultimately one decision. Calm Mind. Now you can have Sub and attempt to sweep that way, or run Wish, which still lets you beat Blissey, as well as recover random shits on the team.

And you have a Mamoswine weak.
since someone finally said it, i don't like the double dragons either. teams don't have one dragon counter, they shove ice into almost everything (i know i do) and deal with you that way. one is enough.never a good thing to share type weaknesses especially not 4 x weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)