(♂) @ Life Orb *Bug Boy*
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Yes, flygon, not garchomp. Garchomp is too common. I have a habit of rooting for the underdog, and besides, I love flygon! I mean, how can you not love him? He's ADORABLE! Look at him lying there with his big wings, funny eye things and those green feet sticking up in the air like he fell over backwards, tell me I'm wrong!!

.... So yeah, flygon. 3 attacks for type coverage, and roost to heal off LO recoil. Its an effective strategy, especially when he's leading. Resists a lot of types teamed up with metagross and donphan.

Metagross (Level headed father of the team)
@ Leftovers *Intellect*
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/42 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Metagross is another favourite of mine. I'm suffering from a case of moveslot syndrome tho, I can't decide which attacks I want out of:
MM/EQ/Zen Headbutt/Thunderpunch/Agility/Pursuit/Bullet Punch
Also considering a careful nature (-SA +SD) for more tankish stats.

Porygon-Z (Forgotten middle child/crack addict)
@ Leftovers *Cyber*
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse

Tried life orb with and without recover, choice specs, and ice beam (all > NP) but I like this set the best. Does a 31 speed IV HP fighting exist?

Weavile (Older sister/Goth)
(♀) @ Choice Band *Cryoswipe*
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Standard. Testing aerial ace > night slash, ice punch > shard and CB > expert belt. Not sure if this outspeeds scarfcross, or if I need shard's priority. I'm still breaking myself into weavile (what attacks it can survive, what it can OHKO ect.) so this is still shaky ground for me.

Donphan (Stubborn, wants to be just like dad)
(♂) @ Leftovers *Wheeler*
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

I've always thought of donphan as sturdy. The ability to attack with decent strength only makes it better. Rapid spin and ice shard are just awesome! Ice shard on donphan makes up for the lack of it on weavile, somewhat allowing him to revenge kill. If only he got slack off...

Milotic (Graceful mother of the group)
(♀) @ Leftovers *Epitome*
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/240 Def/80 SAtk/42 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Confuse Ray
- Aqua Ring
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

Another fave. Milotic is because I'm sick of blissey... HP elec and thunderpunch on metagross seems kinda redundant. Confuse ray and aqua ring because hypnosis and recover are old and boring. I'm thinking of playing around with the EV's for better special walling.

Types this team could have trouble with: fighting, ground, and possibly rock. Maybe a hera/nape weak?

suggestions/critiques/ideas rates are all welcome!

Rate the nicks' too if you want.

Names

If you've got a pokémon named Wheeler, it only seems right to add a tricky pokémon named Dealer.

If your having trouble with those strong physical types, why not make Milotic a ResTalker? She'll get a huge defense boost with Marvel Scale, and should be able to soak up some physical attacks.

MEET THE TEAM!

Flygon (The campy dragon boy)
(♂) @ Life Orb *Bug Boy*
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Yes, flygon, not garchomp. Garchomp is too common. I have a habit of rooting for the underdog, and besides, I love flygon! I mean, how can you not love him? He's ADORABLE! Look at him lying there with his big wings, funny eye things and those green feet sticking up in the air like he fell over backwards, tell me I'm wrong!!

.... So yeah, flygon. 3 attacks for type coverage, and roost to heal off LO recoil. Its an effective strategy, especially when he's leading. Resists a lot of types teamed up with metagross and donphan.

You could try U-Turn over Fire Punch to scout for switches and get a quick advantage over your opponent. It's really up to you though.

Metagross (Level headed father of the team)
@ Leftovers *Intellect*
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/42 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Metagross is another favourite of mine. I'm suffering from a case of moveslot syndrome tho, I can't decide which attacks I want out of:
MM/EQ/Zen Headbutt/Thunderpunch/Agility/Pursuit/Bullet Punch
Also considering a careful nature (-SA +SD) for more tankish stats.

I'd say that MM is often better to have on Metagross than pursuit, as it hits very hard on stuff that doesn't resist it and provides a generally useful STAB move.

Porygon-Z (Forgotten middle child/crack addict)
@ Leftovers *Cyber*
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse

Tried life orb with and without recover, choice specs, and ice beam (all > NP) but I like this set the best. Does a 31 speed IV HP fighting exist?

Looks fine, I'm pretty sure you need an even speed IV to get HP fighting, so no 31 speed IV.

Weavile (Older sister/Goth)
(♀) @ Choice Band *Cryoswipe*
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Standard. Testing aerial ace > night slash, ice punch > shard and CB > expert belt. Not sure if this outspeeds scarfcross, or if I need shard's priority. I'm still breaking myself into weavile (what attacks it can survive, what it can OHKO ect.) so this is still shaky ground for me.

It doesn't outspeed scarfcross, and can't do with any EV spread. Ice shard could be good for taking out Scarfchomp, as Donphan can't OHKO it, IIRC. You could also try max speed EVs to at least speed tie with other Weaviles, though I wouldn't advise taking the risk.

Donphan (Stubborn, wants to be just like dad)
(♂) @ Leftovers *Wheeler*
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

I've always thought of donphan as sturdy. The ability to attack with decent strength only makes it better. Rapid spin and ice shard are just awesome! Ice shard on donphan makes up for the lack of it on weavile, somewhat allowing him to revenge kill. If only he got slack off...

Looks fine, no suggestions here.

Milotic (Graceful mother of the group)
(♀) @ Leftovers *Epitome*
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/240 Def/80 SAtk/42 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Confuse Ray
- Aqua Ring
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

Another fave. Milotic is because I'm sick of blissey... HP elec and thunderpunch on metagross seems kinda redundant. Confuse ray and aqua ring because hypnosis and recover are old and boring. I'm thinking of playing around with the EV's for better special walling.

Confuse ray and aqua ring are novelty at best. Replace them with the boring but effective hypnosis and recover, or possibly make it a rest-talker to boost its fairly mediocre defence to more impressive levels.

Types this team could have trouble with: fighting, ground, and possibly rock. Maybe a hera/nape weak?

At a glance, infernape looks like it could cause problems, as mixape hits most of your pokes very hard. Mamoswine could hurt your team too, but overall it looks fairly solid.

suggestions/critiques/ideas rates are all welcome!

Rate the nicks' too if you want.

U-turn makes sense on flygon, being a starter and all... but isnt he too fast to use it effectively? Most leads that I can think of are slower, wouldn't I turn and switch before the opp. does?

I'd like some more input on metagross, I'm still not sure what I want to do with him. I think I'm gonna keep t-punch and EQ, ditch agility, no zen headbutt cuz I don't like psych as an attacking type and I'm giving him MM.

MM
EQ
T-punch
pursuit/bullet punch

adamant/careful

Ice shard back on weavile.

I'm gonna go with the restalking milotic. She can be my status absorber :P

U-turn makes sense on flygon, being a starter and all... but isnt he too fast to use it effectively? Most leads that I can think of are slower, wouldn't I turn and switch before the opp. does?

If your opponent switches normally (i.e doesn't u-turn/baton pass), U-turn always goes after the switch, allowing you to switch to an appropriate counter. It's worth testing anyway.

I'd like some more input on metagross, I'm still not sure what I want to do with him. I think I'm gonna keep t-punch and EQ, ditch agility, no zen headbutt cuz I don't like psych as an attacking type and I'm giving him MM.

MM
EQ
T-punch
pursuit/bullet punch/explosion

adamant/careful

Looks good. I would go with an adamant nature. The first three slots look solid, and for the last slot pursuit/bullet punch/explosion are your best options. Pursuit could be handy against stuff like gengar and deoxys-s, bullet punch can kill enemies who have lost even small amounts of HP, though you already have 2 priority moves so it may not be necessary and explosion is an almost guaranteed KO except against ghosts and very defensive steels and rocks which can prevent you from being swept in a pinch.

Ice shard back on weavile.

Good

I'm gonna go with the restalking milotic. She can be my status absorber :P

Also good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)