[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Is the Pokecheck legality analysis reliable for checking if a pokemon is legal? I don't want to trouble you guys unnecessarily

Not sure if this has been brought up but Powersave has now added pokeball modification so I guess we have to watch out for More hacked Pokeballs in 6th gen now?
Is there any way to tell if it's hacked or not?
Like when you shinify a pokemon, it changes the ID but not the trainer name, so at least we can avoid that by asking the person to show a pokemon he's caught before.

Like when you shinify a pokemon, it changes the ID but not the trainer name, so at least we can avoid that by asking the person to show a pokemon he's caught before.
I'm not sure I have yet to test it I will use some fooder and see

Just tested it and No it does not change your OT or ID I got a Bunnelby in a prem ball it is now in a heavy ball =P

Last edited:
Just tested it and No it does not change your OT or ID I got a Bunnelby in a prem ball it is now in a heavy ball =P
So youre detecting no difference? Have you tried checking memory?
If this will not have any way of telling when it is powersaved edited or legitly done, it will be a harder time to avoid hacks, as I assume editing the ball (despite it being legitly obtainable) is considered hacking.

So to confirm, I have a shiny 6iv timid darkrai and modest manaphy from OT mat, both shiny.
Neither have premier ribbons. Should I assume hack or not?

So youre detecting no difference? Have you tried checking memory?
If this will not have any way of telling when it is powersaved edited or legitly done, it will be a harder time to avoid hacks, as I assume editing the ball (despite it being legitly obtainable) is considered hacking.
Good point Just woke up il have a look to see if it has Memory
*yes thay have memory

Good point Just woke up il have a look to see if it has Memory
*yes thay have memory
Hm, so no way of detecting if it was edited then it seems.. This may mean were closing in on those good hacks from 5th gen and below, which is kinda sad.

Yes thay have Mem
Hm, so no way of detecting if it was edited then it seems.. This may mean were closing in on those good hacks from 5th gen and below, which is kinda sad.
Yep but Lets hope the Codes for the IV changer do not ever see the Light of Day
*I also think tho the Code for the pokeballs has only been out 1-3 days now*

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is the Pokecheck legality analysis reliable for checking if a pokemon is legal? I don't want to trouble you guys unnecessarily
It's only reliable in checking if a Pokemon is legal, not legit, because it's fairly easy to make a hack that is essentially equivalent to a real Pokemon. Also, I don't think it's very good with 3rd gen event moves.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The only way for Kalos-native legendaries to be shiny is if a Powersave device modified the Pokemon's shininess, right? I ask because I received this Articuno over the GTS, which, shininess aside, checks out.

Articuno (Shiny, Kalos-Native) in Quick Ball
OT: Tony
ID: 19588
Stats: 215/130/166/159/221/145
IVs: 13-14/30/31/31/30/31
Nature: Calm
Date Met: 1/25/2014
Where: Sea Spirit's Den
Level Met: Apparently Lv. 70
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

Edit: Yes, it has memories, so it's hacked shiny.

Last edited:
The only way for Kalos-native legendaries to be shiny is if a Powersave device modified the Pokemon's shiniess, right? I ask because I received this Articuno over the GTS, which, shininess aside, checks out.

Articuno (Shiny, Kalos-Native) in Quick Ball
OT: Tony
ID: 19588
Stats: 215/130/166/159/221/145
IVs: 13-14/30/31/31/30/31
Nature: Calm
Date Met: 1/25/2014
Where: Sea Spirit's Den
Level Met: Apparently Lv. 70
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Yes, or it could have the pentagon hacked onto it, one of the two. If it got memory, its hacked shiny, if not, its pentagon is hacked.

Edit: Missed the catch location, it is guranteed to have its shininess altered through powersaves

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, or it could have the pentagon hacked onto it, one of the two. If it got memory, its hacked shiny, if not, its pentagon is hacked.
Legendaries with the region set to XY are unable to pass through Pokebank, even version 1.

Pokemon: Mew w/ Synchronize

Level: 5 (Untrained, has PokéRus)
Nature: Timid
Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Heat Wave, Thunder Wave
OT: FAL2010 ID NO. 10160

Wondering if this Mew checks out to anyone. Let me know if it is hacked.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon: Mew w/ Synchronize

Level: 5 (Untrained, has PokéRus)
Nature: Timid
Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Heat Wave, Thunder Wave
OT: FAL2010 ID NO. 10160

Wondering if this Mew checks out to anyone. Let me know if it is hacked.
Looks legal. I don't suppose there's any way you can post the PID?

I received a Justified Female Absol in a Dream Ball from a trade, long before powersave could alter pokeballs, so I was wondering if this was legal? Since I thought Dream Ball was only Gen 5, while Absol only got its HA in Gen 6.

I received a Justified Female Absol in a Dream Ball from a trade, long before powersave could alter pokeballs, so I was wondering if this was legal? Since I thought Dream Ball was only Gen 5, while Absol only got its HA in Gen 6.
Absol was obtainable in gen 5 through the Dream World (Rugged Mountain, to be exact). So, yes. It is (well, was) 100% possible to obtain an Absol in a Dream Ball.

As for legality, so far it is legal. Other information such as OT and IVs might help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)