Serious Recovering From an Extended Injury or Illness

I made this thread because I love to have people who have been suffering from either an injury and/or illness either currently or the past to share their stories regarding what they are doing or have done to recovered from their conditions as well as how the condition has impacted the way they have lived their lives so that others who also share the same condition don't have to feel so alone and may even receive some useful advice to help them on their journey to a full recovery!

As for myself I sustained a bulging L5 disc back in 2016 that was pressing hard on my right sciatic nerve due to trying to do 30 burpees in a row. It was almost impossible to walk straight as the pain is excruciating.

This was also the first time I tried acupuncture as a healing and it was surprisingly effective. Never did I thought Little needles puncturing your skin could do this much. Also the therapist recommended me swimming and drink more milk (which I used to really REALLY hate back in 2016). It's sustaining this injury that inspired me to try the navy seal challenge since it involved a lot of swimming and an extremely strict sleep patter by getting up 4:30am every morning to do it.

Thanks Lord, your trial made me a much better swimmer and stopped being a picky eater simply by sustaining this injury.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Mine wasn't an injury, but I had a mood disorder for more than 10 years.
No signs of recovery until last year. I found religious belief to be very helpful.
Now I'm feeling a lot better, and have no problems going to work.

My academic results were greatly affected. But I don't care much about it now, since I now have a decent job irrelevant to my degree.
There are a lot of jobs that don't even require degree, and you must not feel ashamed of applying jobs like these.

Mine wasn't an injury, but I had a mood disorder for more than 10 years.
No signs of recovery until last year. I found religious belief to be very helpful.
Now I'm feeling a lot better, and have no problems going to work.

My academic results were greatly affected. But I don't care much about it now, since I now have a decent job irrelevant to my degree.
There are a lot of jobs that don't even require degree, and you must not feel ashamed of applying jobs like these.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you manage to get the job of your dream if you haven't already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)