Gen 3 RM new team

RM new OU team

This team is a little different then most which honestly makes it more fun, i just need a little bit of help with it.

Gyarados @ leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: jolly
EVs: 52hp/252 att/204speed
-Dragon dance
-hp[flying]
-earthquake
-taunt
This is my starter...and id be willing to change it with something im not sure what though...maybe Sub leichi aerodactyl? Even CBflygon or even scizor?

Heracross @ choice band
Ability: Guts(change to swarm?)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4/252 att/252 speed
-focus punch
-mega horn
-hp[ghost]
-rock slide

this can wreck alot of pokemon with its decent speed and major damage. although..maybe switch to MoPcross?

Claydol @ leftovers
Ability: LEvitate
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 hp/252 defense/4 spec def
-light screen
-earthquake
-ice beam
-rapid spin

Before you say WTFNOREST there is a reason behind it other than i want both ice beam and earthquake, light screen helps the rest of my team quite a bit as well. The reason there is no rest is.....

Jirachi @ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252hp/164 defense/32 speed/60special def
-Wish
-calm mind
-psychic
-ice punch

I love this move set for jirachi because everything that its not super effective against, it can stall out other than the odd metagross that i see which claydol can take care of. Wish helps me keep the rest of my team alive as well.

Dragonite @ leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Brave
EVs:108 hp/240 att/160 spec att
-substitute
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-focus punch

i love the idea behind this, low speed so i can punch something, which will nearly ohko or 2hko everything neutral unless its a physical wall with max def evs and the bolt beam for type coverage. Now i need help with the EVs to balance what i should go for because i cant ohko skarm with tbolt or 2hko other pokemon, but i dont want to sacrifice the monstrous attack i get for focus punches, so what i was thinking is maybe drop ice beam or tbolt for either Earthquake, Rock slide, hp flying even Dragon claw?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs:252hp/40 def/218spec def
Nature: Bold
-Rest
-sleep talk
-thunderbolt
-hp[grass]

Walls and kills what more could i ask for?

Thanks in advance

Oh yea, dont tell me to use Skarmory or blissey because of obvious reasons. recently ive been getting torn apart by pokemon like metagross which if they crit or get an attack bonus kills whatever i send out to take it, which i guess im unable to stop because its chance but id like to try to hinder the possibility

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
No one really uses Rest on Claydol anyway, so don't sweat it.

If you're not going to use Thunderbolt on Jirachi, might as well go fire punch for Magneton and Metagross. You still hit Celebi hard. 20% Burn is kinda hot too.

If you really want to ask me, I'd do something like replace Gyarados with DD/Fire Blast Salamence, Claydol with Boltbeam Starmie, Dragonite with Swampert, and get rid of Sleep Talk for Light Screen on Zapdos. LS Zapdos paired with Celebi and Jirachi can often make up for the lack of a special wall. Also counters Boah, which will be a huge problem for your team otherwise, save maybe if Swampert deals with it.

well the thing with using Salamence and swampert is that they are on my main team, and i dont want to re-use pokemon because that defeats the whole idea behind having a second team.

And is starmie defensive enough to wall pokemon like salamence and the like? What usually happens is i see a salamence or something gyarados cant touch without getting pummeled, switch to claydol, light screen because they will switch to their special attacker, then send out whoever seems to be the best choice at the time.

Also ive never really had a problem with boah due to jirachi. I guess fire Punch would help with the metagross problem. But it would make me even more scared of Salamence.

So keeping in mind, im not using any of these 6 pokemon: Swampert, Celebi, Tyranitar, metagross, Salamence or magneton, do you have any more ideas?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe remodeling the team to incorporate para support to set up SD Hera/Gyarados. Hell, even Gyara could run T-Wave to help set up. You could use Wish/Thunder Wave/Reflect/Psychic Jirachi as well. Depends on how crazy you are willing to be and how much you want to remodel.

im willing to remodel as long as i keep dragonite similar to what it is, Right now im trying the twave jirachi.

Also if for heracross changing to sd heracross it looks like this correct?
Heracross @ salac berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: swarm
EVs: 252 attack/6 def/252 speed
-mega horn
-rock slide/hp rock
-substitute
-swords dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)