ORAS OU RMT: Mega Absol OU Balanced

Hello, Smogon! I'm BluishJellie, (you can just call me Blue), and this is my first submission on Smogon forums. Just to let everyone know, please let me know if I do something wrong in this thread! I'm new at this.
Anyway, the reason I'm here is that I have a team I need advice on. The description is below;

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Play Rough

The absol-ute reason I made this team. My favorite Poke is Absol so, once it got Mega I had to use it. Yes, I know it has paper-thin defenses and can't OHKO most things without SD but, I have my mind made up. A Basic Swords Dance set to sweep with; also, standard EVs.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball

Mega Absol and Chandelure form the offensive core of the team. Chandelure acts as a special sweeper and Knock Off bait for Mega Absol's Justified. They resist each others weaknesses pretty well, bar Ground, Water and Rock. Sub+CM set allows Chandelure to set-up without fear of status and Leftovers give partial recovery.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: ...
... Nature
-Toxic Spikes
-Scald
-Acid Spray
-Rapid Spin

The original core of the team is M-Absol and Tentacruel; M-Absol bounces back status and hazards while, if hazards manage to stay up, Tentacruel while spin them away. Also, they both have good synergy as Tentacruel acts as a Psychic-move bait for a free Absol switch-in and walls Fairies. Also, the team doesn't have much means to spread status so, Toxic Spikes provides that. At the moment I'm running a regular Smogon EVed Tentacruel with a Timid Nature but I'm looking to turn it into a Special Wall.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Protect

Having amazing type synergy with both Chandelure and Tentacruel, Ferrothorn take the spot as my Physical Wall. Again, standard Ferrothorn, but I'm not sure about the EVs.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Originally a Bulky CM Latias, Salamence has replaced her due to an unbalance of too many special attackers on the team. With the combination of Moxie+Choice Scarf, Salamence becomes a fierce late game sweeper to pick off weakened teams. I love this combo because I've used a Choice Scarf Moxie Krookodile for the same reason on a different team, and it worked GREAT. Immune to Chandelure's and Tentacruel's Ground weakness and forms a Steel/Dragon/Fairy core with the last member...

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
... Nature
-Cosmic Power
-Stored Power / Moonblast
-Aromatherapy
-Moonlight

The secondary tank to the team and also my personal build. I can't count the times that this Poke has saved me from a raging set-up sweeper. It just sits there while they set-up and it takes people a l o n g time for them to realize it has Unaware. Comic Power boosts it to crazy levels of bulk, Aromatherapy to act as a Cleric, and Moonlight for sustain. The only issue is I can't can choose between Stored Power or Moonblast. Stored Power hits like a truck at +6/+6 but, it takes time to get there. It also looses out to KO Dark-types who it should normally wall. Moonblast is the better option but, it's horribly weak...

So, that ends the team. I just wanted to sum up what I'm looking for feedback on;
-Overall synergy and build.
-EV builds for any Pokemon that doesn't have one or one you think you have something better.
-Moonblast or Stored Power?
-I also have a few other ideas such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Snatch M-Absol, and Scarf Chandelure but, I'm not sure what is the best. Could you help me?
Thanks!

Before I attempt to rate this, I'd like to suggest you to take the time to read over the rules of posting an RMT (Its helps others rate better when certain aspects are included, such as full sets and more detailed explanations as to why you chose a certain Pokemon, move, etc.) and well as this really great team building guide by UberPyro ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/teambuilding-guide.3552468/ ). Those two things really helped me a lot when I make my own teams. Also, you can use Break My Team ( http://hidden50.github.io/brmt/ ) to help you find a lot of weakness your team has an things that wall it. Additionally, you can use this ( http://pyrotoz.com/ ) as a sort of checklist to see what your team has in terms of Clerics, VoltTurn, Status, what its strong against, etc.

Now that thats out of the way, lets see if I can't help you out a bit...

These Pokemon can all pose a significant threat to your team, as your main option to fight things like Zard X is Salamence, and maybe M-Absol if its unboosted. Otherwise Zard X can click DD and pretty much run through 4 of 6 Pokemon on your team unhindered. You also get severely damaged by Sand Rush Excadrill, and you will NOT outspeed even Adamant natured ones in the sand with Scarf Mence since Drill hits 505 Spe and Mence caps at 495 Spe. Also, Thundurus-I can go T Wave on you, especially if Absol hasn't Mega Evolved yet and basically incapacitate all of your fast Pokemon. Clefable could fix this, but it still dies to Excadrill or Bisharp, and it will also be taking SR damage since it is Unaware.

These Pokemon can wall you very hard, and are very popular in the meta at the moment. You don't appear to have a dedicated way to break stall. Absol is pretty much your main check to a M-Sableye but if it gets burned by WoW before M-Evo or with Scald after, then its pretty much useless.

You also seem to be focusing more on what types you can resist and not what threats you can check, counter, or kill. You have 2 hazard setters, though I feel like you could drop one in favour of a more offensive Pokemon. Again, refer to the team building guide as it goes over many different play styles, including balance.

What I see here is a balance team that wants to stall and be offensive, but cant decide. Sure you may have decent type coverage, but if you will most likely be out sped either by priority, or fast scarf and sand rush mons. Also Azumarill can do a lot of damage to the team once Ferrothorn and Tentacruel are gone, which btw, people bring counters and checks for.

As of right now, this is the best I can give you since there isn't enough of a description of the team, multiple sets are missing, and I can't seem to find a strong objective for the team other than "Weaken opponent, Scarf Mence Sweep". Also if Mence goes down, thats a win con you've just lost and now your main offense is Absol and Chandelure which, again, lose to Azumarill.

Sorry to pick apart your team like this, just giving my honest thoughts. I'd just want to give the best info I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)