"Save your pennies for a Rainy Day": Rain Dance Team

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright then time for a proper rate, not much to change really, I'd just do a few little tweaks.

Azelf-Fine, you could try out Focus Sash if you want to ensure it can take a hit but you don't need to.

Bronzong-Fine, I usually prefer a screen over Gyro Ball as it usually doesn't stick around long but its up to you.

Ludicolo-Fine as it is.

Kingdra-The mixed sweeper with Signal Beam could really be good for your team. The set is Naught nature, Swift Swim, Life Orb, 252Atk/16Spd/240SAtk and Signal Beam/Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Draco Meteor. This thing will hit like a nuke and the straight off power it provides could really help. Its faster than CS Heatrans although you could take 60EVs from Atk and put them into Spd to outrun +1 neutral natured base 100s.

Kabutops-If you choose that Kingdra set you will lack speed therefore making your Kabutops Jolly with 80HP/252Atk/176Spd will outspeed even Timid CS Latias'/Gengars. Keep Swords Dance as the power it provides is helpful and getting a swords dance boost isn't too hard. Definately use Stone Edge though with this spread and I would use it anyway even if you decide to stay slower. If you use Signal Beam on Kingdra, Celebi will be dealt with anyway so theres no need for X-Scissor.

Jolteon-With changing to a mixed sweeper Kingdra which I highly recommend there will be no need for a baton passing Jolteon. If you want to keep Jolteon I would change it to a fast rain supporter with Rain Dance/HP Grass/Shadow Ball/Thunder or Thunderbolt depending on whether you want a powerful attack for use in the rain or an attack you can use at all times since you might not have time to set rd up. Make it hold Damp Rock as 8 turns of rain are so helpful. However, you might want to use Uxie or Rotom-W as no-one on your team can take fighting attacks meaning when the rain stops a fast powerful pokemon with a fighting move could run through your team. Here are the best sets for them:

Uxie@Damp Rock ¦ Levitate
Bold ¦ 252HP/252Def/4SDef
Rain Dance/Reflect or Light Screen/U-turn/Memento

This will really help Kabutops get off a Swords Dance via Memento, use it on an offensively weak pokemon to lower their attacks even lower and then Kabutops can get a SD off easily without having to rely on prediction. U-turn is for scouting as you only want to Memento when you have to. Rain Dance is obvious as you want those 8 turns of rain and then a screen is helpful and could further aid Kabutops in getting a sd or two. You could use Thunderbolt or Psychic instead though if you'd rather hit Gyarados, Infernape or others.

or

Rotom-W@Damp Rock ¦ Levitate
Timid ¦ 252HP/4Def/252Spd
Rain Dance/Hydro Pump/Shadow Ball/Thunder

Immune to fighting, normal and ground moves which is a great help. It also has a nice resistance to electric moves. Timid nature is used as being faster than Adamant Lucarios/Jolly Gyarados' is a great help. It can also abuse powerful Thunders and rain boosted Hydro Pumps. Shadow Ball rounds off the moveset hitting Celebis, Rotom-As, etc.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with your team :)

If you go with signal beam on Kingdra, I would agree that X-Scissor becomes redundant on Kabutops and should be replaced with Swords Dance. Also if you go with signal beam on Kingdra, HP electric is good on Ludicolo.

Good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)