Screw GyaraVire; it's all about ZelfKissLeonCorVileVire. (AKA Team MixVire)

So um yeah. I created a team this morning, based around setting up a mixed Electivire and generally being offensive. I think this team has a lot of Synergy to it, and has won me a few battles. I have lost a couple of battles though, all to Hax. I don't think I have any major weaknesses but I suck at noticing them so I need your help to find them (I want to improve as much as possible before I start using this competetively). Thank you, please rate!

At a glance; the team.

First of all, the counters I have faced to any form of Electivire:
  • Swampert
  • Cresselia
  • Dusknoir
  • Forretress
  • Weezing
  • Bronzong
  • Donphan
  • Tangrowth
  • Gengar
  • Garchomp (Scarf variety)
  • Blissey

The Pixie who needs anger management.
a.k.a Azelf

Azelf @ Choice scarf
Mild - 252 Sp.att/220 Speed/36 HP
-Fire blast
-Psychic
-Grass knot
-U turn

Azelf. AZELF. AAZZEELLFF. What can Azelf not kill? Azelf is so Anti lead. It can Kill about 7/10 of the most popular leads. Not just that though, I find it amazing how many Electivire counters Azelf can take out. ScarfAzelf as a lead outspeeds ScarfGengar and ScarfChomp. The Moveset above provides in my opinion the most anti lead combination of attacks possible, apart from HP Ice > Grass knot (I use Grass knot for Swampert. I can handle the Dragons with my other Pokemon). Destroys following Electivire counters:
  • Swampert
  • Forretress
  • Weezing
  • Bronzong
  • Donphan
  • Tangrowth
The Manipulator
a.k.a Togekiss

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP/192 Speed/64 Sp.def
-Air slash
-Nasty plot
-Baton pass
-Wish

Togekiss. The manipulator. It hunts it's pray and while the prey runs, it schemes up a load of power. Then it conveniently passes it to Electivire (often passing a Motor drive boost too). Togekiss is an amazing Pokemon to be BPing Nasty plots to Electivire since many times, I can pass an electric attack for a free speed boost, as well as a Sp.att boost. I chose Wish > Roost to support my Weavile and Electivire from their life orb recoil.

The wall of a thousand Penguins
a.k.a Empoleon

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP/252 Sp.def/6 Sp.att
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Grass knot
-Stealth rock

Empoleon is such an under-rated special wall. It's perfect for me because of it's electric weakness, so Electivire can benifit from that too. I needed a Special wall dedicated to countering previous threats to my team (Yanmega especially). It sets up rocks while the opponent switches to it's electric pokemon and BAAAAAAMMMMM!

The RAWRing Scorpion
a.k.a Gliscor

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish - 252 HP/252 Def/6 Speed
-Earthquake
-Aerial ace
-Roost
-Knock off

Of course, my team is starting to look a little Hera weak. From past teams, I know Gliscor is a force to be reckoned with. It's physical walling is second to none in my opinion and it always does a great job. Not to mention, It covers ALL of Empoleons weaknesses, as well as Empoleon covering ALL of Gliscors weaknesses.

The naughty but nice kitty.
a.k.a Weavile

Weavile @ Life orb
Jolly- 252 speed/252 Att/6 HP
-Pursuit
-Night slash
-Brick break
-Ice shard

My Revenge killer/2nd Weakness clearer. Weavile kills 2 birds with one Ice shard, being a secondary Electivire counter killer and my revenge killer. I prefer Life orb because I hate being locked into Pursuit once I'm done killing what I need to. Weaviel counters a few Electivire counters, but not as many as Azelf:
  • Blissey
  • Gengar
  • Azelf
  • ScarfChomp (All Garchomp varients anyway)
And finally....

The self centered megalomaniac
a.k.a Electivire

Electivire @ Life orb
Mild - 252 Sp.att/180 speed/76 Sp.att
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-HP Ice
-Cross chop.

The star of the show. I chose MixVire because I saw a video with it once, and it truly devastated the opponent. MixVire benefits from everything on this team, the Electriv attacks, the Nasty plot BPing, the counters that Azelf and Weavile kill. It just fit's into place, y'know?

----------------------

Problems with this team:
-Most of my losses occur when I cant set Electivire up fully, or when it gets killed early.
-Once Electivire does get killed early, I'm left with 5 pokemon with no real synergy between them.
-I CBA to set Vire up most of the time.

So yes, please, RMT!

I don't like ur idea, sorry...
I mean, what happens if ur foe saves for the end of the battle a choice scarf Garchomp? I don't like teams that depend just in one pokemon, and I'd change the special wall... What about Milotic or Blissey?

Well Assuming Weavile isn't Down, Ice shard pretty much destroys it. Other than that, Azelf can outspeed and HP Ice it if I bother to change Grass knot to HP Ice.

I agree this team needs more synergy once (if) Electvire faints. But all these pokemon serve a purpose, the only one you can really get rid of is gliscor and put aerial ace over pursuit on Weaville. I suggest you replace with a jolteon as a sort of 'backup' Electivire.....

Thats not actually a bad idea Mr. Kingdra.

I will try it out. But I really do need Pursuit on Weavile, could I replace Night slash if I go with the switch?

Taking out Gliscor is asking for a rape on the Psychical side. Togekiss and Azelf don't like predicted Stone Egdes and Earthquake takes down all the others. Gliscor/Empoleon and Electivire/Togetic work nice together, so I wouldn't change that.

Maybe Spiritomb over Weavile. It can take on Genger and Azelf and with the right set, Blissey. A non-Choice Heatran with HP Grass should be able to take care of the same things Azelf does. If you make it bulky and look out for Focus Blast/HP Fight, it takes on Gengar/Azelf too. The Ground weak sucks though =/

Btw, Blissey can paralyze Weavile one on one, so don't put al your trust in him. Maybe Explosion over U-Turn on Azelf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)