Shiny RNG Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a repost from dragonspiral tower. A moderator there mentioned that this might be a better place to post, or maybe the IRC chat would work better but I'm not sure how to access that (Wild Eep, if you see this, the moderator said you also may be able to help).

Warning: not sure if this is in the right place, but I figured it was as good as any. Please let me know of the appropriate place if this is not it.

Main question: How can I deduce my SID or what I need to find more shinies, and then apply it in RNG reporter to locate/breed more shinies?

Short details: Can't figure out PID or SID for a shiny pokemon. If you don't care what happened, skip the next 2 paragraphs and use the info I've provided to help me find my PID and SID!

Long story:
The other day I caught a shiny litwick and have been trying to figure out both the PID and SID of the said litwick so that I can RNG other shiny pokemon. At one point I thought it would be fun to use him in my team, so I made the mistake of training him and giving him EVs (which I messed up), so there were mixed EVs in each of his stats because I did it wrong.

Several months later, I have 26 of every EV reducing berry (from dream world) and was able to find out the EVs of my (now) Chandelure. So now I have my IVs! I thought that was great, but then I continued to the next step in the SID finding process, which is use the online PID generator on smogon to find out my PID. Much to my dismay, the PID generator only generated one PID and the information found does not match anything about my pokemon!

In short, I've wasted a ton of time trying to figure out my SID and I was hoping someone could help guide me to finding it out soon! I don't want to resort to AR codes, and I don't want to use something like pokecheck. Here are the stats for my Chandelure, please help!

Encountered at level 28.
Often dozes off.
IVs:
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 16
SpAtk: 27
SpDef: 22
Spd: 12

Female
HP Type: Rock
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Flame body

Captured on 6/24/2011 (unsure if this was with or without C-gear) - would knowing if I had C Gear on or off matter at this point to find out my SID?

When I use the pid finder, it says that the ability is 0 (which is not flame body), and it also says that my litwick was caught using method 4. I didn't even know that was an option.

Can anyone tell me what's happened here, or where I can go from where I am to catching/hatching shinies in 5th gen? any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)