Shoddy on Mac

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Make sure that in your java preferences that Java 1.6 is at the top. If that fails, try clearing your java cached (also found in java preferences)
I had this problem after updating to Java 6, so that is definitely the problem here. The problem was fixed after moving Java 6 to the top in preferences. Thanks bearzly.

[[[[[I'm having troubles with loading Shoddy on my Mac too. But of course, my friend who has an identical setup as I can load the site and load Shoddy.

Bollocks!

I've gone through many threads on the forum, tried to clean up my computer from trojans (didn't find any, not even the one the article mentioned), made sure my Java preferences were the same as my friends but still, nothing!

That's not all. I've tried different computers too. My virtual XP on this Mac, my other Mac, and my dedicated PC. Shoddy's website and client don't load on all of these... One thing to mention, I did see some DNS addresses that I didn't recognize like the article stated, so I just went into my router and deleted those.

I just don't know what it could be....]]]]

----------------------------------------------------------------
BIG EDIT!!! I've found a solution!

For everyone who's having trouble, you need to go into your router's setup and disable DHCP server. Now, if you're running wirelessly you won't be able to connect any more. You need to get a direct connection to your router and edit your router settings again. This time enable the DHCP servers.

It should work. I'm not too sure what it does, but I was fiddling around with it and it seemed to work!

I have a problem on my mac too. Whenever I try to load Shoddy, it says that the application failed to launch, and I already tried everything in this thread. this is a part of the error message that shows up:
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.jnlp]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:258)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:213)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:108)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Also, I can't even go to the shoddy site because I keep getting redirected, unless I use a proxy. Any help would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)