[Showdown] Follow him while i sneak this in.

This is the team i used in the recent wifi tournament, which was using showdown rules. Since i got knocked out, I've decided to post it here! :)

the team:

========

Salamence@lum berry
adamant
252 spe/252 atk/ 6 hp
dragon dance
dragon claw
earthquake
brick break/crunch

standard dd mence. while my smeargle follow me's the opponent, this thing gets dragon dance in. lum berry because of the large amount of sleep inducers, and paralysis and burns will cripple my this severely, and this is a big part of my team.

Smeargle@focus sash
jolly
252 hp/252 spe/ 6 def
follow me
dark void
ice shard
endeavor

The core of my team. first turn follow me allows my salamence to set up, while the opponent is forced to double attack my smeargle. if smeargle somehow doesn't die, he can either dark void or endeavor. ice shard is there as a filler, because i've never actually used it before.

Slaking@choice band
adamant
252 hp/252 spe/ 6 def
Giga impact/return/body slam
Earthquake
shadow claw
fire punch

If somehow my salamence dies before smeargle, i send out this. it outspeeds many things, and giga impact kills even physical walls. the other 3 moves are for coverage. this usually survive both hits opponent hits, especially if smeargle can follow me one of the attacks.

Scizor@life orb
Adamant
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
swords dance
double hit
bullet punch
superpower

a standard scizor. steel type that i can rely on in a pinch. resists ice beams and dragon claws that are thrown at my salamence. double hit because i've seen a lot of sub users in double battles o.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvrijrUT0Ts video of this team.

if your using lum berry i recommend you use bulky mence and try bodyslam/return instead of giga impact so you wont have to recharge =]

I also have to recommend Body Slam or Return over giga impact, especially with a Choice Band. Giga Impact does not allow you to switch out the next turn which you might want to do, especially if a ghost switches in like in the video you posted.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Try Fake Out instead of Ice Shard on Smeargle. That'll allow you to flinch leading Blizzard users while Salamence sets up.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Your Salamence still seems very suspectable to Blizzard attacks, and Rock Slide to a less popular extent. Possibly running a bulkier set could fix this problem, with a bigger emphasis on Defense than Special Defense.

Zapdos violates your first two pokemon paired up with a pokemon that knows fake out. Scizor is HORRIBLE in doubles due to the new heat wave and I doubt you will get a chance to set up an SD. Hariyama is a big problem to this team maybe add dusknoir in here somewhere. Also, if your salamence has Lum Berry, why not give it outrage.

Maybe we can train sometime my team vs. yours

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just out of curiosity, what did this team lose to? Or are you not allowed to share it since in was in a tournament?

If you can't post it, maybe you can PM me?

Try Fake Out instead of Ice Shard on Smeargle. That'll allow you to flinch leading Blizzard users while Salamence sets up.
i think that i will try that.

Your Salamence still seems very suspectable to Blizzard attacks, and Rock Slide to a less popular extent. Possibly running a bulkier set could fix this problem, with a bigger emphasis on Defense than Special Defense.
i think that a bulky mence should be a pretty good idea, also using fakeout on smeargle like omegadonut suggested.

Zapdos violates your first two pokemon paired up with a pokemon that knows fake out. Scizor is HORRIBLE in doubles due to the new heat wave and I doubt you will get a chance to set up an SD. Hariyama is a big problem to this team maybe add dusknoir in here somewhere. Also, if your salamence has Lum Berry, why not give it outrage.

Maybe we can train sometime my team vs. yours
Scizor is pretty much there as a filler. I still have to try different things. i've grown to really like scizor after it saved my ass in 2 of my 4 battles tho. i don't really see the problem with zapdos tho.follow me has priority over fake out so smeargle would be the one getting hit with fakeout, and then zapdo's attack. unless zapdos uses heat wave, which will still let salamence set up. I might try outrage on salamence, but if i get locked in an outrage against a metagross or bronzong,(of the 3 battles before this, there were 2 bronzong and 2 metagross) im pretty much screwed.

i'm not actually going to go to the showdown tournament, this was for the tournament in the wifi forum, which had the same rules as the showdown
Just out of curiosity, what did this team lose to? Or are you not allowed to share it since in was in a tournament?

If you can't post it, maybe you can PM me?
i actually don't remember. i'll ask my opponent i guess. he's still in right now tho, so im not going to reveal his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)