Hitmonlee @ Leftovers
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick

First off, I'm well-aware this is not a very serious or standard team. I like to mix things up and do weird stuff. Now, the issue I have is Komala. It's not doing anything special for my team, usually getting dropped the turn after the Wish before I can U-Turn out. And I don't necessarily want to switch into a weakened Wish target only to have it be dropped on the switch. So, I need some help selecting a replacement for it.

I've considered a couple things, primarily using either Decidueye/Dhelmise for hazard removal and going with Unburden
Hitmonlee as a sweeper option, or using Sash-Rocks Lycanroc. Turtonator is another thought I've had (again, I don't like playing standard lol).

Thoughts?
There's not being standard, and there's difference to unviable, a lot of things you're running don't really have any purpose since you can well replace them with better things. Hitmonlee for example, you could run a Phero of the same set besides with U-Turn over Knock Off (I say this, but you'd also be better off running Ice Beam somewhere, but my point stands) which will more or less do the same job only much better with its top notch speed and attacks to pressure offence much more. Your Zam set, Gleam does nothing for you besides damage to Mega Shiny-Eyeballs, it seems like a bit of a waste to save that slot for just one mon, HP Fire also seems to limit your options, Focus Blast to handle T-Tar, Ferro, Heatran, and do good damage to Sciz seems better for you. You also have no Rocks, which is not something a team should forego because of how unarguably great they are. Tbh, this was a slapdash 'review', but the more I look at this team the more I see things that don't work. Don't be different for the sake of being different, get the hang of standard before you become a revolutionary.

There's not being standard, and there's difference to unviable, a lot of things you're running don't really have any purpose since you can well replace them with better things. Hitmonlee for example, you could run a Phero of the same set besides with U-Turn over Knock Off (I say this, but you'd also be better off running Ice Beam somewhere, but my point stands) which will more or less do the same job only much better with its top notch speed and attacks to pressure offence much more. Your Zam set, Gleam does nothing for you besides damage to Mega Shiny-Eyeballs, it seems like a bit of a waste to save that slot for just one mon, HP Fire also seems to limit your options, Focus Blast to handle T-Tar, Ferro, Heatran, and do good damage to Sciz seems better for you. You also have no Rocks, which is not something a team should forego because of how unarguably great they are. Tbh, this was a slapdash 'review', but the more I look at this team the more I see things that don't work. Don't be different for the sake of being different, get the hang of standard before you become a revolutionary.
Yes, I am well-aware of literally everything you have said. I have been playing competitive for a couple years now. You know what, standard kind of bores me. I don't want to run the same old stuff everybody runs. It's boring. What I enjoy is fouling up the "standard" teams, something I've already done a couple times with this exact team. Hell, at the end of sixth gen I was winning more than I was losing with a Wish Leafeon-RestTalk Poliwrath-M-Aggron core. So, if I want to be creative and have some fun with things, that's what I'm going to do.

Now then, if you actually want to help me instead of talking down to me, what do you think for a potential Komala replacement?

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hi everyone. This is really my first time trying to make a competitive team since Black and White, and I'd like a little advice. It's obviously a sand team with Tyrannitar as its lead and weather setter, and with core attackers Magnezone, Lando-T, and Excadrill. Cradily does wonders for the team; he is my pride and joy, and serves as something into which Lando-T and Magnezone can pivot, and even serves to suck up water type attacks. I have been playing around with the last spot, and I've been struggling to find a good fit. I tried Clefable as a cleric, but it didn't work out too well. I would like to have something that could possibly be a more physical wall than Cradily, especially given sandstorm's spd raise, and I was hoping it could help me deal with burn, which could be a huge problem. Please let me know what ideas you have. Thanks a lot.

Yes, I am well-aware of literally everything you have said. I have been playing competitive for a couple years now. You know what, standard kind of bores me. I don't want to run the same old stuff everybody runs. It's boring. What I enjoy is fouling up the "standard" teams, something I've already done a couple times with this exact team. Hell, at the end of sixth gen I was winning more than I was losing with a Wish Leafeon-RestTalk Poliwrath-M-Aggron core. So, if I want to be creative and have some fun with things, that's what I'm going to do.

Now then, if you actually want to help me instead of talking down to me, what do you think for a potential Komala replacement?
I'd like to chime in because I too can get bored with "standard" and am often trying to get unique and/or interesting sets/mons to work (I'm the guy who brought subcm cobalion to a do-or-die world cup semifinal game). That being said, I won't persist in trying to use something if I know there is a clearly better alternative, or if I can't get it to work within some threshold before I "give up" on it. Using hitmonlee > pheromosa seems to me like a purposeful worsening of your team simply because you don't want to use pheromosa. Even if you had a hitmontop it could make sense to keep it, but I really don't see any distinguishing or worthwhile reason to use hitmonlee. If you really don't want to, fine, but if you want to ask for help, you should be open to such changes that can improve the team. I think Der Twist provided some helpful comments that you should reconsider if you really want to improve your team - creativity and uniqueness shouldn't limit effectiveness.

Hello friends of Smogon! :]
I am here today to present my first team in this current SM meta:

THE MOSQUITO TEAM

I decide to use this mighty Buzzwole, curious to try it out with SubPunch Set, saw that is very broken. I wanted to experience a personal good core: Buzz + Heatran.
Tran with Z-Solar Beam to lure unsuspecting Tapu Fini (the biggest counter for Buzz) / be also my setter / fairy-check, except for Tapu Koko (clearly not enough) so for this, i added ScarfLando for obtain SpeedControl and provide momentum to the team.
In combo with Lando i chose MScizor for the MegaSlot (instead of a first thought Metagross) for greater bulkyness and another Uturn Slot for scouting. At this point Greeninja gave trouble, especially with the waterprio, so i put Toxapex for help vs Pherormosa (tbh I have to scout before Extrasensory since it has a thousand moves that frog) But i want the Sdefensive set and i noticed that for the vast majority is used Bold Max Hp and Def, so doesn't exist cool spread for the Sdef >_>
For the last slot, Latios is in my team for the possibility to use Defog and check MVenusaur (and another precious ground-immunity) Not sure Soul Dew >> Life orb, but i can test that item.

Importable:
Mosquito (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 124 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog

replayz:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-506805921

Cool build but just curious what Sludge Bomb on Toxapex is for because I feel like Buzzwole would love tspikes support

I'd like to chime in because I too can get bored with "standard" and am often trying to get unique and/or interesting sets/mons to work (I'm the guy who brought subcm cobalion to a do-or-die world cup semifinal game). That being said, I won't persist in trying to use something if I know there is a clearly better alternative, or if I can't get it to work within some threshold before I "give up" on it. Using hitmonlee > pheromosa seems to me like a purposeful worsening of your team simply because you don't want to use pheromosa. Even if you had a hitmontop it could make sense to keep it, but I really don't see any distinguishing or worthwhile reason to use hitmonlee. If you really don't want to, fine, but if you want to ask for help, you should be open to such changes that can improve the team. I think Der Twist provided some helpful comments that you should reconsider if you really want to improve your team - creativity and uniqueness shouldn't limit effectiveness.
But Pheromosa is boring to me and is something I'm tired of seeing. I like having Hitmonlee for a Rock resist, a hazard remover who can actually hit Ghosts hard with Knock Off, having a Knock Off user, Stone Edge to bop Bugs, and still fitting into what is overall an offensive team more-so than Hitmontop would. Is Pheromosa better as a whole? Yes. But Hitmonlee does offer things to me that Pheromosa does not.

Look, I'm just trying to have fun with things. Pheromosa isn't a fun mon to me. It's very common, and very boring. I'm not trying to be a top-ladder player or anything. I'm just having some fun with my teambuilding and being wacky for wackiness sake. I understand that Der Twist had good suggestions for someone trying to ladder, but I stated that that's not what I'm trying to do because I find that to be boring and needlessly stressful. I've done serious competitive play, and I do a draft league for my serious competitive itch, but I have much more fun playing the way that I do than I would worrying about my ladder ranking and trying to do what's optimal.

But Pheromosa is boring to me and is something I'm tired of seeing. I like having Hitmonlee for a Rock resist, a hazard remover who can actually hit Ghosts hard with Knock Off, having a Knock Off user, Stone Edge to bop Bugs, and still fitting into what is overall an offensive team more-so than Hitmontop would. Is Pheromosa better as a whole? Yes. But Hitmonlee does offer things to me that Pheromosa does not.

Look, I'm just trying to have fun with things. Pheromosa isn't a fun mon to me. It's very common, and very boring. I'm not trying to be a top-ladder player or anything. I'm just having some fun with my teambuilding and being wacky for wackiness sake. I understand that Der Twist had good suggestions for someone trying to ladder, but I stated that that's not what I'm trying to do because I find that to be boring and needlessly stressful. I've done serious competitive play, and I do a draft league for my serious competitive itch, but I have much more fun playing the way that I do than I would worrying about my ladder ranking and trying to do what's optimal.
Then I'm not sure if there's much help anyone can really offer here, seems like the fun in your teambuilding is in the fun of trying all kinds of stuff. Since I'm not really understanding the kind of synergy you're going for I personally have nothing to suggest but it really does seem like a problem best solved with experimentation moreso than recommendation, at least with whatever my scope can gather. Also sorry if I came off kind of condescending as you said, wasn't the intent at all.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Yo sharing another squad. This is the one I used to get reqs on the Genesect Suspect ladder.

After I saw Vertex sweep like 5 people in a row with Firium Z Volcarona, I knew I wanted to try it. With Talonflame now irrelevant, very few hard stops remain to Volcarona. HP Ground is better coverage than Bug Buzz because it hits mons like Heatran, Zard X, Alolan Marowak, and Nihilego, whereas Bug Buzz primarily hits Latios and Tyranitar. Firium Z on Fire Blast provides an extremely powerful Inferno Overdrive, capable of doing up to almost 80% or so on offensive Garchomp variants at +1 SpA.

I paired Volcarona with the most obvious partner ever, Tapu Fini. Removes hazards, provides Misty Terrain support, and has excellent type synergy by checking Dragon- and Water-types which threaten Volcarona. Lando-T rounds out a very simple bulky offense backbone, the standard set with Stealth Rock and Rocky Helmet. I wanted something to help with Tapu Lele, so I added Mega Metagross next. I'm running Bullet Punch because the priority is helpful against offense. Ice Punch over Hammer Arm because this helps Metagross clear the way for itself, and some of Hammer Arm's targets - Magnezone and Ferrothorn - are mons I wanted to keep around for Volcarona to set up on later. At this point I realized I was weak to bulky waters so I added Serperior. SubSeed allows Serp to annoy mons like AV Magearna and Celesteela which can be annoying for the next member of the team, Tapu Lele. Lele adds some speed control and is another win condition. I'll be honest I almost never use Thunderbolt so that could maybe change into Shadow Ball or something.

edit: Ironically, never let opposing Volcaronas set up, lol

Last edited:

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Yo sharing another squad. This is the one I used to get reqs on the Genesect Suspect ladder.

After I saw Vertex sweep like 5 people in a row with Firium Z Volcarona, I knew I wanted to try it. With Talonflame now irrelevant, very few hard stops remain to Volcarona. HP Ground is better coverage than Bug Buzz because it hits mons like Heatran, Zard X, Alolan Marowak, and Nihilego, whereas Bug Buzz primarily hits Latios and Tyranitar. Firium Z on Fire Blast provides an extremely powerful Inferno Overdrive, capable of doing up to almost 80% or so on offensive Garchomp variants at +1 SpA.

I paired Volcarona with the most obvious partner ever, Tapu Fini. Removes hazards, provides Misty Terrain support, and has excellent type synergy by checking Dragon- and Water-types which threaten Volcarona. Lando-T rounds out a very simple bulky offense backbone, the standard set with Stealth Rock and Rocky Helmet. I wanted something to help with Tapu Lele, so I added Mega Metagross next. I'm running Bullet Punch because the priority is helpful against offense. Ice Punch over Hammer Arm because this helps Metagross clear the way for itself, and some of Hammer Arm's targets - Magnezone and Ferrothorn - are mons I wanted to keep around for Volcarona to set up on later. At this point I realized I was weak to bulky waters so I added Serperior. SubSeed allows Serp to annoy mons like AV Magearna and Celesteela which can be annoying for the next member of the team, Tapu Lele. Lele adds some speed control and is another win condition. I'll be honest I almost never use Thunderbolt so that could maybe change into Shadow Ball or something.
Have you tried Z-hurricane volcarona? Really pops a lot of the popular mons that try to answer it

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 365-430 (122.8 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 365-430 (102.2 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 294-346 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 235-277 (77.3 - 91.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Marowak-Alola: 265-312 (81.7 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

gotta drop the HP ground but between fini and land-t i think you have tran checked well enough but i think its worth the slot

Have you tried Z-hurricane volcarona? Really pops a lot of the popular mons that try to answer it

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 365-430 (122.8 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 365-430 (102.2 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 294-346 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 235-277 (77.3 - 91.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Marowak-Alola: 265-312 (81.7 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

gotta drop the HP ground but between fini and land-t i think you have tran checked well enough but i think its worth the slot
Without Giga you're checked by waters and without HP Ground you're checked by Heatran, X-zard, Marowak, and probably some other stuff. Z-[move with neutral coverage] is cool but it's one use and robs you of a moveslot, cause Hurricane provides like zero coverage on its own when not z-boosted and misses all the time. And the entire point of Inferno Overdrive is to KO things like Garchomp and Lati after they're taken a bit of damage, it provides the extra firepower needed to break through stuff that's not super fat like chansey or toxapex. Clean OHKO's are cool and all but realistically you're gonna be sweeping with volcarona later in the match, when stuff like that will have taken a bit of damage and will be in KO range of Z-Fire. Also it doesn't miss which is really nice.

I know I championed z-psychic and even z-hyper beam on volc for a brief period but they're actually really bad :< I'd really only consider stuff like this on mons with REALLY ass movepools, like serperior.

Plus fini+lando do not cover heatran that well, lando has a really tough time switching it to heatran and fini loses to bloom doom tran. Heatran is one of the best pokemon in the meta right now and getting hard walled by it isn't a very good option if you can help it (especially his team cause every mon on it loses to bloom doom tran except lando, which can't switch in, and serp.)

Z-Fire/HP Ground/Giga is Volc's best set and completely ruins teams. It's a really good mon and a lot of teams are really weak to it. bludz team looks really good, I made a very similar one but had mega venu over serp and celesteela over mega meta, and pursuit weavile instead of tapu lele but what he has is probably better cause it's really nice and fast.

Last edited:
Cool build but just curious what Sludge Bomb on Toxapex is for because I feel like Buzzwole would love tspikes support
Yeah, TSpikes it's a good alternative, i chose Sbomb just to be able to hit all the Tapu, but test also the Spikes, i recommend both.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Haven't tried it, looks cool. I may experiment with that some because I appreciate murdering Toxapex.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

edit: Ironically, never let opposing Volcaronas set up, lol
Hi bludz, I remember running into you while laddering for reqs yesterday and lost, so I'm really interested in trying this team out. Just wondering, how is this team's matchup against stall? The standard dugstall that is running around could be troublesome, how do you deal with it? Cool team btw :D

Hey, back with another meme team! lol :)

(sorry couldn't post sprites due to errors)

Bwark (Primarina) (F) @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 160 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

Hula Hula (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Tiki Swag (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang

Big Dog (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Preened (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Big Blue (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

This team was based off of a fanfiction I read on deviantART where the main protagonist of Sun and Moon takes Marshadow with him/her into Primarina's Oceanic Operetta to save Alola, basically sacrificing him/herself. I'll link it for reference: http://creativeviewer12345.devianta...-fighter-Challenge-for-champs-title-648911268
The team is meant to use Oceanic Operetta on Primarina to get pick off Pokemon at certain ranges or even wallbreak. I did some calcs, and Oceanic Operetta does 20% more than Specs Hydro Pump, at the cost of Oceanic Operetta being a one-time use. The spread on Alolawak allows it to avoid a 2KHO from 44 Atk LO Tapu Koko Brave Bird with Rocks up and no Leftovers while still taking on Pokemon such as Magearna and Pheromosa. Scarf Lando-T is a revenge killer allowing me to revenge kill Pokemon such as non-Scarf Pheromosa. Skarmory allows me to set up Rocks, Defog, and take on Tapu Bulu. The final member, Mega Metagross, allows me to take on Tapu Lele, which threatens my team severely. I would love some help with this team! Enjoy more memes!

Just wait for Tiershift where bad Pokemon suck less, it's a fun meta where more things are viable. No point in doing that in OU.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados (M) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Surf
- U-turn

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

This is a sketchy HO team I quickly put together for a room tour since I was in the mood for something high octane to blow the opponent away as opposed meticulously trying to dismantle to all the serious bulky defensive teams that currently dominate the ladder. After I pretty handily beat all my tournament opponents who were unprepared for Victini, I gave it a spin on the ladder and was surprised to find that it held up quite well for such a dodgy team while being fun to use

True HO is struggling to stay afloat in the current metagame, which brings us to the linchpin of this team, scarfed max HP Final Gambit Victini, which in most cases acts as lure to assassinate what often ends up being a vital part of the opposing team's defensive backbone. This paves the way for the rest of the team, composed of high damage output pokemon, to start inflicting serious damage if not outright sweep. The opposing defensive synergy is mired, while you still have win conditions out the ass. Most of the time Victini is the lead due to it's triple threat of attacking, scouting, or taking out a key defensive threat.

DD Charizard X was chosen due to the fact that it not only is one of the most fearsome setup sweepers in the tier, but also shares many of the same checks and counters as Victini, which lures one in and destroys it. Due the threat of the incredibly powerful V-Create, premier defensive pokemon that are relied upon to combat Zard X, like Fini, Lando-T, Garchomp, Suicune, Toxapex etc are lured and OHKO'd.

DD Gyarados is the second setup sweeper and was chosen over other dragons due to its combination of damage output, with STAB Waterfall and Sky Strike, and great defensive typing including a vital water resist that keeps this team from being run over by non-HP electric Pheromosa and rain sweepers. I opted to go with Intimidate to better protect against enemy setup sweepers should they somehow find an opportunity to do so, but Moxie works if you're looking for even more heat

Ash Greninja was chosen as it is very potent at exerting pressure on most teams by virtue of the fact that it turns into an offensive juggernaut and phenomenal cleaner when it transforms, including important priority. It greatly benefits from weakened Finis and Venusaurs and other bulky grass and water types that should be crippled if not dead.

SD Lando-T completely obliterates slower bulky cores and even handles stall. Knock down was chosen so that you can cripple or beat counter Skarmory as well as 100% accurate move against shedinja. Knock Off can be used over SR (since you have to defog anyway) so you can annoy defensive pokemon and hit opposing flyers hard off the bat, but Earth Plate EQ should be killing most things already. It is even useful against fast teams, as the tanky Lando-T has the bulk to survive most attacks and retaliate with gusto.

Last but not least is Defog Tapu Fini. It provides excellent utility with Defog, Taunt, and imperative defensive typing, while maintaining offensive presence by spamming Nature Madness. Stall doesn't appreciate this either.

Last edited:

Hey guys, I'm posting the team that I used to get reqs, based around CB Zydog and Tpunch RPolish Metagross in order to sweep with scarf Tapu Lele. I put protect on ferro because I was quiete weak to pheromosa, the rest of the team is pretty classic (except maybe for the sd z-fly rocker lando). Pretty funny team over all, has a bit of trouble against stall even if it doesn't appreciate zydog in general.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-510640616 vs HO
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-511737542 vs Stall (lose because of that late game mmash miss, as u can see u have a very slicy margin of error against stall)

http://pastebin.com/zzChbhQ2

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and I have only started with Pokemon battling with sun/moon, so have some mercy please.
I would like to get some opinions/help on the following pre-bank team built around banded Tapu Koko and Alolan-Persian with Z-Parting Shot.
The team is super fun, but it has some issues that I might need some help with, mainly:
-no hazard control
-being a bit weak to fairy and to a lesser extent fighting moves
Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

So I was watching a showdown video on youtube from early sm with physical Tapu Koko and it came to my mind that I haven't seen any banded Kokos yet, so i wanted to try it. It hits pretty hard and even has some priority, but maybe Life-Orb with Roost instead of Quick Attack would be better?

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

I am a big fan of AV Magearna, since it's so good to switch into Tapu Lele and friends. Tanking all the fairy hits and dealing fairy damage for the team are its main two jobs. HP Fire is for Scizor. I'm not sure which EV spread to use on this one.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

A really fun mon. Z-Parting Shot works amazingly well with the two tanks on the team and to a lesser extent Tapu Koko. I was wondering if it could be worth running Fake Out instead of Toxic to counter suicide leads better (I hate Mamoswine).

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

The job of special Pheromosa on this team is dealing lots of damage while also being a scarfer that outspeeds almost everything. The only annoying thing with this is the low Focus Blast accuracy. Maybe running more of a mixed set with High Jump Kick is an option?

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is one of the best ground types available, spamming EQ and switching into electric attacks. Not much more to say.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

This one is special. I don't know if Rest-Talk defensive Gyarados is a thing, but I came up with this since I needed a mon that:
-can tank water hits
-acts as a physical tank
-can sort of be the ground immunity on the team
While being a bit limited with just one attacking move, it can still set up with DD if there's an opportunity and do decent damage, and if it gets low you have rest or Z-Parting Shot to heal up.
40 Speed IVs let me outspeed Alolan Marowak.
I was thinking about Tapu Fini instead, but I like Intimidate plus the ability to heal up with Rest.

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and I have only started with Pokemon battling with sun/moon, so have some mercy please.
I would like to get some opinions/help on the following pre-bank team built around banded Tapu Koko and Alolan-Persian with Z-Parting Shot.
The team is super fun, but it has some issues that I might need some help with, mainly:
-no hazard control
-being a bit weak to fairy and to a lesser extent fighting moves
Hi, you need SR on your team, so SR > Stone Edge on Garchomp. Also, Choice specs or Life Orb > Choice Band on Tapu Koko is better with Thunderbolt and his stab fairy. Finally, High Jump Kick > FB on Pheromosa with a spread 252 atk / 252 speed

Hi, you need SR on your team, so SR > Stone Edge on Garchomp. Also, Choice specs or Life Orb > Choice Band on Tapu Koko is better with Thunderbolt and his stab fairy. Finally, High Jump Kick > FB on Pheromosa with a spread 252 atk / 252 speed
Thanks for your response. SR on Garchomp isn't possible in pre-bank. The main reason why i made the team is trying to make physical Tapu Koko work, so that's not something I wanna change. My concern with HJK is that the team might be to physical-heavy with that overall.

First “real” Gen7 team. I wanted to build around the most broken pokemon in the metagame right now in Ashninja. I added Garchomp with Firium Z to lure in Grass- and bulky Steel- types that Greninja struggles against. Next was Magearna to handle Tapu Lele and other special attackers. Shadow Ball over Aura Sphere handles Alakazam-Mega, Gengar, Marowak-Alola, and others. Landog sets up rocks and Tapu Fini is another pivot with enough speed to get past Breloom, Heatran, and Smeargle. Finally, Scarf Kartana was added as an end-game cleaner. I used this team to almost get reqs (49-21) so if you come up with a few tweaks to improve the team, let me know. The team’s biggest issues when laddering were Venusaur-Mega, bulky Scizor-Mega, and Volcarona, especially the team bludz posted.

Garchomp @ Firium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Hasty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 16 SpA / 16 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword
Could scarf Tapu Lele work over Scarf Kartana? It easily KOs Venu and Mega Sciz with Psychic/Psyshock and HP Fire, respectively, and Volc doesn't set up on Lele the way it can against Kartana. Chomp and Gren can wear down steels enough so that Lele can clean, which (imo) gives you a more threatening wincon/cleaner than Kartana. Additionally it can do more against stall teams.

Otherwise I think you could try LO Chomp with the same moveset, which allows you to run SD Kartana. The Steelium Z set gives you a better way to break Venu and +2 Sacred Sword can threaten a weakened Sciz. As for Volc:

252 Atk Kartana Corkscrew Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 208-246 (66.8 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

As you can see, Volc dies after rocks and just gets obliterated if Kartana gets to +2. If you want more speed I guess you could run the timid SD set to get the speed boost after a KO. Unfortunately either change would cost you a scarfer, which the team appreciates. Your team definitely struggles with a boosted Volc so you will need to play very carefully to ensure that it can't set up safely.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey I've been building like an absolute madman lately so I figured I'd drop my 3 favorite teams that I've been using lately and peaked high on ladder with.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet/Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 20 Def / 20 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Cool rain team with Ash Greninja over Kingdra that is fun to use. Specs Ash Ninja Hydro Pump in rain is an absolute bitch to switch into and Electrium Z Thunder can take giant chunks out of stuff like Mega Venusaur.
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe t
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Fun revamp of birdspam that uses DD MoxieMence with Z Fly and cops wins on ladder at an incredible rate

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog I legit just tossed a bunch of voltturners on a team with z shock kyu-b, not much to say here. Taunt+NM fini also helps rip apart fat mons too :]

Last edited:

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Screech

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Nihilego is my favorite Pokemon from S&M, so I wanted to try to build around it. I like to set challenges for myself from time to time, but I really didn't think that this meme team would succeed. But I reached 1500+ fairly early and have continued to win about 70% of my games on various other alts, so I figured I would share this squad.

The star of this team is (relevant username) Choice Scarf Nihilego.

It's trash.

I could have used Landorus-T for hazards, physical bulk, and a Ground immunity, but I'm borderline masochistic so I opted for Dugtrio instead. SR Dugtrio has the dubious advantage of setting up hazards much more easily against stall (but then Skarmory just Defogs for free anyway). If you're going to use this team, I'd highly recommend using Landorus-T instead (any set will do; just make sure you can reliably beat Chansey/stall in general).

Then I added Tapu Koko and Pheromosa because Scarf Nihilego is not the most reliable wincon. Can't touch Grounds, can't touch Steels; these partners have coverage that blows holes through many of Nihilego's best checks. I chose Electrium Z over Zap Plate because I usually need Koko to annihilate a single Pokemon for the rest of my team; I have so many other cleaners that I find lacking Zap Plate a non-issue. Pheromosa is even faster and can kill troublesome Steels and Grounds such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and Landorus-T. Poison Jab is necessary to clean versus Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele.
Dugtrio plus two strong and fast U-turn abusers gives me plenty of ways to trap key threats even against smart opponents. They send in Toxapex to tank High Jump Kick? Dead. They send in Chansey to tank Thunderbolt? If I predict the switch, then it's also dead. In fact Grass Knot Tapu Koko basically sweeps stall after Chansey's gone, and it can even escape Dugtrio with U-turn.

Mantine is my switch-in to most Greninja (Battle Bond or Protean), Grounds, some Steels, and the like. Defog is almost mandatory on a team with Dugtrio so it can preserve its Sash, and Tapu Fini didn't really work for me.

Finally Mega Metagross provides much-needed raw physical power, a decent switch-in to physical attacks, a Tapu Lele switch-in, etc. Hammer Arm and Thunder Punch are chosen to handle Ferrothorn and fat Waters so I'm not totally reliant on Tapu Koko to kill them. Ice Punch and Bullet Punch are perfectly fine as well.

In general, don't be afraid to let would-be nightmares, such as Volcarona and Charizard X, set up, since Nihilego's nice 103 speed lets it destroy both. The surprise factor of Choice Scarf Nihilego lets it snatch initial SpA boosts relatively easily, especially against Tapu Koko and Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, and it's strong enough to steamroll teams once it gets going.

Threats include Rain, RP Landorus-T, opposing Tapu Koko, stall if Dugtrio can't trap Chansey/Toxapex, Mega Scizor if Tapu Koko doesn't kill it, Trick Room if you happen to encounter it, opponents who know what they're doing, and profound sadness in one's personal life.

Try this team, it's pretty cool. You'll never lose ELO faster.

But hopefully you'll have fun in the process.

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Screech

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Nihilego is my favorite Pokemon from S&M, so I wanted to try to build around it. I like to set challenges for myself from time to time, but I really didn't think that this meme team would succeed. But I reached 1500+ fairly early and have continued to win about 70% of my games on various other alts, so I figured I would share this squad.

The star of this team is (relevant username) Choice Scarf Nihilego.

It's trash.

I could have used Landorus-T for hazards, physical bulk, and a Ground immunity, but I'm borderline masochistic so I opted for Dugtrio instead. SR Dugtrio has the dubious advantage of setting up hazards much more easily against stall (but then Skarmory just Defogs for free anyway). If you're going to use this team, I'd highly recommend using Landorus-T instead (any set will do; just make sure you can reliably beat Chansey/stall in general).

Then I added Tapu Koko and Pheromosa because Scarf Nihilego is not the most reliable wincon. Can't touch Grounds, can't touch Steels; these partners have coverage that blows holes through many of Nihilego's best checks. I chose Electrium Z over Zap Plate because I usually need Koko to annihilate a single Pokemon for the rest of my team; I have so many other cleaners that I find lacking Zap Plate a non-issue. Pheromosa is even faster and can kill troublesome Steels and Grounds such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and Landorus-T. Poison Jab is necessary to clean versus Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele.
Dugtrio plus two strong and fast U-turn abusers gives me plenty of ways to trap key threats even against smart opponents. They send in Toxapex to tank High Jump Kick? Dead. They send in Chansey to tank Thunderbolt? If I predict the switch, then it's also dead. In fact Grass Knot Tapu Koko basically sweeps stall after Chansey's gone, and it can even escape Dugtrio with U-turn.

Mantine is my switch-in to most Greninja (Battle Bond or Protean), Grounds, some Steels, and the like. Defog is almost mandatory on a team with Dugtrio so it can preserve its Sash, and Tapu Fini didn't really work for me.

Finally Mega Metagross provides much-needed raw physical power, a decent switch-in to physical attacks, a Tapu Lele switch-in, etc. Hammer Arm and Thunder Punch are chosen to handle Ferrothorn and fat Waters so I'm not totally reliant on Tapu Koko to kill them. Ice Punch and Bullet Punch are perfectly fine as well.

In general, don't be afraid to let would-be nightmares, such as Volcarona and Charizard X, set up, since Nihilego's nice 103 speed lets it destroy both. The surprise factor of Choice Scarf Nihilego lets it snatch initial SpA boosts relatively easily, especially against Tapu Koko and Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, and it's strong enough to steamroll teams once it gets going.

Threats include Rain, RP Landorus-T, opposing Tapu Koko, stall if Dugtrio can't trap Chansey/Toxapex, Mega Scizor if Tapu Koko doesn't kill it, Trick Room if you happen to encounter it, opponents who know what they're doing, and profound sadness in one's personal life.

Try this team, it's pretty cool. You'll never lose ELO faster.

But hopefully you'll have fun in the process.
Off the bat random suggestion but I can't not come in when I see an offensive team running one random passive mon. If you want to run a defensive pivot on an offence team then Rotom-W's your best go-to option being able to take a hit and VS out to keep your momentum. I know you need hazard support for Duggy but I'm not sure to what extent you need Duggy, you could be better off with another breaker who can help blast through defensive teams a bit better, maybe Rocks SD Flyium-Z Lando-T? These are just initial suggestions, I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm talking shit but I think it could help out a touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)