Other SM UU: Absolute DarkSpam! #3 and #21 [Brainless HO]

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hi! I will be honest with you, I wanted to make a brainless HO so brainless people like me could use it and actually have fun.

This team has won me many games, including many room tours and helped me peak to #3 and #21. Peaked #21 during Pokebank UU (Beta) and peaked #3 during UU (Beta). This is the most successful team I have ever made, if I want to be honest. That's why I decided to RMT it.

Right now, I find that this team has a really good matchup against the common teams you see nowadays, except for stall, which my team has its own tools to beat.

In short...

If you want to win many games quickly and without too much effort, that's the team for you!

Started with Absol. It is a fast and strong Pokémon with a great coverage that nobody really prepares for.

Added Weavile to complete a DarkSpam Core. Originally, it was Sash + Swords Dance Weavile, a set that I have never actually seen anyone using it but I thought it would be a good idea on this team since Weavile guarantees a Swords Dance most of the time and shares similar checks with Mega Absol so Weavile could just SD on their switch to the counter, does a hell of a lot to it and makes it easier for Mega Absol to clean later. In return, Mega Absol makes Stealth Rock users think twice before they throw up rocks on your field thanks to Magic Bounce, which allows Weavile to keep its Focus Sash.

Added Mienshao because I wanted a strong wallbreaker who is fast and shares similar checks with both Weavile and Mega Absol. Mienshao fits this job so perfectly - it won me late-game so many times. After both Weavile and Mega-Absol die, most opponents don't really have a switch-in to this thing so it gets a kill almost every time it switches in.

Added Dragonite. Another Pokémon that just loves the support Magic Bounce gives and shares similar checks of the later 3.

Dragonite? A Focus Sash user? Had to get a spinner lol. In my opinion, right now in the meta, Starmie is the best Rapid Spinner for HO teams. Not only it spins hazards, it is really fast and hits ridiculously hard.

Azelf is arguably the best Stealth Rocks setter for HO teams. Don't have a fast taunter such as Aerodactyl or Tornadus-T? This thing is probably gonna set up rocks on you AND prevent you from setting up rocks.

Both Salamence and Dragonite do a similar job and both work really well but I just like the fact Salamence outspeeds Mega Aerodactyl at +1 and has Moxie. This thing runs through teams.

Well, shit happens and so the upper beings decided to ban both Weavile and Salamence. I replaced Bisharp > Weavile because both share similar checks and have access to Swords Dance and Kommo-o > Salamence for the same reason I replaced Bisharp with Weavile (except for the fact Kommo-o uses Dragon Dance to boost and not Swords Dance). I originally thought about using a Gyarados over Salamence but I figured Kommo-o would be way better because it also completes a Fighting spam core together with Mienshao.

My matchup against stall was literally zero, with Quagsire walling half of my team and Blissey + a bulky fairy walls the rest. Decided to replace Haxorus > Kommo-o. It still shares the Dragon typing and the same roll but also beats most stall.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap / Flamethrower / Whatever coverage
- Taunt
- Explosion

Stealth Rock really helps breaking through teams. The chip damage it provides is the difference between a OHKO, a 2HKO or a 3HKO.

Skill Swap is used when your opponent has a Magic Bounce user. You are not gonna use it so much so you might as well replace with with Fire Blast to hit Forretress or something.

Taunt helps Azelf to win 1vs1 against Defog users, to shut down passive mons and to prevents (most of the time) rocks on your field.

Explosion does a hell of a lot to things that don't resist it. Click it even if your opponent has a ghost type, you'll gain a lot of momentum by doing so.

Focus Sash makes sure faster mons don't kill it and increases your chance of getting up rocks.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb / Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Dragon Dance helps Haxorus boost its attack and allows it to hit really hard and its speed, making it a deadly sweeper.

Outrage is the move you will use at most. It just hits ridiculously hard. It is even more useful this generation, after confusion getting nerfed. Have fun spamming this move!

Earthquake hits mons such as Tentacruel and what not if you don't wanna be locked into Outrage.

Poison Jab
hits fairies for super effective damage.

Lum Berry is a really good item. Not only it bypasses status, it also heals Haxorus from confusion after clicking Outrage if wasn't consumed earlier. Life Orb is another option for a bigger damage output. Poisonium Z is a really cool option that lets you break through fairies like Togekiss pretty easily.

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Swords Dance boosts Absol's attack to a really high level, allowing it to break holes in lots of teams.

Knock Off is the move you will be using at most. It's a really good STAB move on Absol and a must on every Absol.

Flamethrower helps me to catch Cobalion and Forretress, which allows Bisharp and Kommo-o to do some work. It catches almost anyone off-guard, it's really funny ^^.

Sucker Punch is used when something is faster than you or if you don't wanna take damage from let's say Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Stone Edge

High Jump Kick is the move you will be using at most. It is so strong, especially when having Reckless as an ability.

U-turn is really good for gaining momentum or scouting for switch-ins, if, let's say, the opponent has a ghost type.

Knock Off hits those ghost types that want to switch-in to Mienshao.

Poison Jab hits fairies for super effective damage.

Stone Edge is really good if Volcarona gets to +1 Spe No more Volcarona. Yay, I guess The only thing it hits is Crobat, which is nice.

Choice Scarf is the preferred item, as it allows Mienshao to revenge kill many threats to the team.

Jolly guarantees you to outspeed a +1 Adamant Mega Sharpedo, which is a top-tier threat to the team while Adamant still guarantees you to outspeed Porygon-Z at +1, makes your damage output higher, but makes you risk a speed-tie against Mega Sharpedo.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Rapid Spin is mandatory unless if you don't want to help Bisharp keep its sash.

Hydro Pump is the move you'll be using at most. It just hits ridiculously.

BoltBeam is the preferred coverage here because it helps a lot again bulky waters and birds, which my team is pretty weak against.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Swords Dance boosts Bisharp's attack to really high levels, allowing it to break teams.

Iron Head is a STAB moves that makes sure you are not walled by fairies.

Sucker Punch is really good. It is a STAB priority, with a decent BP (which was unfortunately nerfed this generation). Without Sucker Punch, Bisharp would not have been as dangerous as we all know it is.

Knock Off is the move you will be using at most. It is Bisharp's strongest attack (assuming the enemy has an item that can be knocked off). This move also supports the team really well.

Focus Sash is the chosen item because it guarantees you will get a Swords Dance off (most of the time, at least). With a Swords Dance boost, you will most likely weaken Bisharp's checks/counters, which allows its teammates have an easier time cleaning.

Hippowdon walls more than half of the team. It has a reliable recovery. Could be killed if you don't knock off its item too early on the game, boost with Bisharp or Mega Absol and knock its item when it's in range of Knock Off. U-turning with Mienshao on the switch-in and forcing it out with Starmie is also great.

Again, walls more than half of my team. Could be dealt between Bisharp (if you don't get flinched too many times), Haxorus and Starmie.

OHKOs most of my team and resists the only two priorities on the team. Could be revenge killed with Mienshao if doesn't get more than +1 Spe.

Stall is one of the hardest matchups for the team, as stated above. Could be won if some doubles are made and Haxorus can win late-game.

There are more threats but these are the only ones of the top of my head right now ^^.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-524261217 vs. Hyper Offense

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-523940946 vs. King UU

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515153975 vs. hail

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515211509 vs. a high rated played and a very tough matchup

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-517683027 vs. an electric spam bulky offense, definitely a tough matchup

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-517665340 vs. Hogg's electric spam in a room tour's finals.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-517690384 vs. another HO, winning the speedtie with Azelf helped me so much. Lucky me ^^.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-516543443 vs. another HO, against a really high-rated player.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-516960539 vs. Stall, one of the toughest matchups I have ever had.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap / Fire Blast / Whatever coverage
- Taunt
- Explosion

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb / Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Thank you so much for reading by far! I appreciate it! I hope you will have a good day and please, if you have any suggestions to the team, let me know!

Until next time! Have fun using the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)