Official Smash Bros Tournaments for 3DS/Wii U (UPDATED 04/09/2015)

Doesn't the tour start the 12th of may?
Just to be clear, "THIS ISN'T BEING HELD ON TUESDAY, THIS IS WHEN THE TOUR STARTS, THIS MEANS U CAN PLAY YOUR MATCH ANYTIME YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE RULES." The tour started on Tuesday, but you can play anytime you want? My opponent (before the bracket was changed) came to me on challonge and told me when he could fight. This whole 3 day tour thing is really troublesome and causes a lot of confusion. I can't be online for three days straight just to see if my opponent is hopefully on at the same time as I am. I followed the rules and tried to contact my new opponents. One of them didn't respond and the other I could not find.

Someone clearly didn't read the rules :/
Just to be clear, "THIS ISN'T BEING HELD ON TUESDAY, THIS IS WHEN THE TOUR STARTS, THIS MEANS U CAN PLAY YOUR MATCH ANYTIME YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE RULES." The tour started on Tuesday, but you can play anytime you want? My opponent (before the bracket was changed) came to me on challonge and told me when he could fight. This whole 3 day tour thing is really troublesome and causes a lot of confusion. I can't be online for three days straight just to see if my opponent is hopefully on at the same time as I am. I followed the rules and tried to contact my new opponents. One of them didn't respond and the other I could not find.

My opponent (before the bracket was changed) came to me on challonge and told me when he could fight. This whole 3 day tour thing is really troublesome and causes a lot of confusion. I can't be online for three days straight just to see if my opponent is hopefully on at the same time as I am.
Um, the point of the three days was to give you time to contact and set a time with your opponent, like you just did.

THIS ISN'T BEING HELD ON TUESDAY, THIS IS WHEN THE TOUR STARTS, THIS MEANS U CAN PLAY YOUR MATCH ANYTIME YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE RULES." The tour started on Tuesday, but you can play anytime you want?
That means the tour isn't being hold exclusively on said date like in the past, after the tuesday you can play at anytime.

Um, the point of the three days was to give you time to contact and set a time with your opponent, like you just did.

That means the tour isn't being hold exclusively on said date like in the past, after the tuesday you can play at anytime.
I just said I contacted one of them, and the other didn't respond, but I was the one who got DQ'd. And that should have been more clear, stating "after Tuesday, you can fight anytime you want" would have been better.

I just said I contacted one of them, and the other didn't respond, but I was the one who got DQ'd. And that should have been more clear, stating "after Tuesday, you can fight anytime you want" would have been better.
No it aint, if we allow you to arrange a match whenever, the tour will take more than 6 months to end.

No it aint, if we allow you to arrange a match whenever, the tour will take more than 6 months to end.
Ugh, sorry that isn't what I meant. By saying "You can play your match anytime you want" it confused me because I thought you could play before the tour started. It should have said "After the Tourney starts on Tuesday, you can fight anytime you want within the 3 day limit." That's what I meant. Sorry for all the confusion, I did not mean to cause any of it.

The tour starts tuesday 12th may:

Once the tour starts, you will have a max of 3 days to arrange a match with your opponent and post the results in the comments below to allow me to edit the brackets. if your opponent fails to follow these rules, you will be automatically moved on.
just to clarify: THIS ISN'T BEING HELD ON TUESDAY, THIS IS WHEN THE TOUR STARTS, THIS MEANS U CAN PLAY YOUR MATCH ANYTIME YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE RULES.

Once again, my bad. Just got really confused from my first opponent. It won't happen again, and if I get confused about anything I will ask for help. Really sorry, I can be an idiot sometimes.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I join a game for fun and get treated like shit; I would highly advise something that allows you to dq people for poor sportsmanship, or I'm just not gonna play these tours anymore.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Geez, I stop paying attention for a few days due to matches that had to happen before mine taking forever and lose due to inactivity. That's.... nice...

Thats like attending a tournament 3 days late and complaining you got DQ'd...
like what
its your responsibility to arrange matches on time, not anyone else's

Geez, I stop paying attention for a few days due to matches that had to happen before mine taking forever and lose due to inactivity. That's.... nice...
Do you know if it's been three days since you got an opponent? Did you at least check the bracket regularly?

I checked every day and still went from not having an opponent to being DQed. This tournament has been confusing all around... though at least my prediction of Toon Link being popular seems to be right. I figured it would be like Smogon's Pokemon tournaments where each round started at specific times, and given this was double elimination I can see why that wasn't how things went, but this was still a weird mix of Smash tournament logistics and Smogon tournament logistics and I'm willing to bet that a large proportion of people got dropped.

I'd care less about this, but the tournament was advertised on an IRC channel I go to and that's basically why I joined. So it's a little annoying for things to end up like this...

Last edited:
Do you know if it's been three days since you got an opponent? Did you at least check the bracket regularly?

I checked every day and still went from not having an opponent to being DQed. This tournament has been confusing all around... though at least my prediction of Toon Link being popular seems to be right. I figured it would be like Smogon's Pokemon tournaments where each round started at specific times, and given this was double elimination I can see why that wasn't how things went, but this was still a weird mix of Smash tournament logistics and Smogon tournament logistics and I'm willing to bet that a large proportion of people got dropped.

I'd care less about this, but the tournament was advertised on an IRC channel I go to and that's basically why I joined. So it's a little annoying for things to end up like this...
The thing is, half the people in the tour aren't contacting their opponents/doing their matches within the 3 day rule aswell as people complaining about it, so I had to DQ based on request and activity. I choose to follow this method to see if it was easier use compared to doing day tours where only some people could meet up at a specific time. It has been confusing and annoying me myself and I blame myself on this, so possibly we will be sticking with day tours after this one as its less complicated and just straightforward.

You put me as 1 - 2 v KingBobs. First off I'm prepared to fight at any time. Second, they took over three days to get their match. I have been available at all times on smogon and on PS! until now. I just checked and today is the first day that I have needed to fight my next opponent. I did not get the 3 days time that I needed to make sure that I could battle my opponent. Also, I would not have lost to KingBobs even once. I request that the bracket be reset. It's unfair to allow those two five days to battle and give me zero days to face my next opponent. You can simply message me on smogon or on PS! if you need me to fight, instead of simply just eliminating me from the bracket like I am not there. This has been done several times. If anyone said that they could not find me then they either didn't try or were lying. Look right here to the left. See that? That's my profile. Click it and inbox me if you want to speak to me. Otherwise it's inexcusable to just take my place in the bracket. I'll fight KingBobs any time. Just checked and he's not online at the moment. I earned my spot in Finals and I should be allowed to earn my spot in Grand Finals as well. I have waited weeks for this tournament, before and during. I'd like my spot back. KingBobs did not earn his spot in Grand Finals.

You put me as 1 - 2 v KingBobs. First off I'm prepared to fight at any time. Second, they took over three days to get their match. I have been available at all times on smogon and on PS! until now. I just checked and today is the first day that I have needed to fight my next opponent. I did not get the 3 days time that I needed to make sure that I could battle my opponent. Also, I would not have lost to KingBobs even once. I request that the bracket be reset. It's unfair to allow those two five days to battle and give me zero days to face my next opponent. You can simply message me on smogon or on PS! if you need me to fight, instead of simply just eliminating me from the bracket like I am not there. This has been done several times. If anyone said that they could not find me then they either didn't try or were lying. Look right here to the left. See that? That's my profile. Click it and inbox me if you want to speak to me. Otherwise it's inexcusable to just take my place in the bracket. I'll fight KingBobs any time. Just checked and he's not online at the moment. I earned my spot in Finals and I should be allowed to earn my spot in Grand Finals as well. I have waited weeks for this tournament, before and during. I'd like my spot back. KingBobs did not earn his spot in Grand Finals.
Unfortunately, after dismissing you from the smash room, we felt it was necessary to DQ from all activities happening in the room(including this tour). My apologies and best of luck in the future.

Alright, I understand. Well farewell smash room. I give props to Eliwood and Disorient. And I hate to compliment myself but Linketsu is growing quite well/quick and is a fine new addition to the smash bros room. Seeya IKZ, Niyaz, CJ, Ludvig4, Jiggly-Hoe (for our awesome ledge battles) and erm a few others..xenon, tenta, 1337, and some others that I am missing. I'll see you guys around!

.-
Alright, I understand. Well farewell smash room. I give props to Eliwood and Disorient. And I hate to compliment myself but Linketsu is growing quite well/quick and is a fine new addition to the smash bros room. Seeya IKZ, Niyaz, CJ, Ludvig4, Jiggly-Hoe (for our awesome ledge battles) and erm a few others..xenon, tenta, 1337, and some others that I am missing. I'll see you guys around!
bai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)