Smogon Issue #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to request that somebody adds a new part to the "Re-Re-Retype!" section.

The Pokemon to be retyped is Ninetales, to become Fire/Ghost.

This is the description I would like to add:

Fire/Ghost typing would make Ninetales one of the best Infernape counters, even with her mediocre stats, since with Flash Fire she would be immune to both his STAB attacks, takes a pittance from Grass Knot or Hidden Power [Ice]/[Grass], and only has to worry about the rare occasion Infernape carries Stone Edge. She can also take on Scizor to a certain degree of success, with a resistance to Bullet Punch, immunity to Superpower and 4x resistance to U-turn.

And in UU, she shall be able to beat Chansey, the omnipresent special wall with an immunity to Seismic Toss, albeit she will require Substitute to avoid Thunder Wave or Toxic. Although rare, she shall also be able to take on the special sponges of Hypno and Grumping with Nasty Plotted STABbed Shaow Balls. And besides, surely a part Ghost typing would make sense on a Pokemon that can curse people for 1000 years, and this is further supported by the fact that Ninetales learns Grudge, Confuse Ray, Imprison, etc. that are all typical of Ghosts; Ninetales has been cheated of potential.

(End)

Feel free to add some more things I might miss out, or rephrase it if you'd like. I'm not sure if I am allowed to do this, but I would like to add this to The Smog Issue #10's section of "Re-Re-Retype!" since Ninetales was missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)