Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
If you missed the SPL 8 Cast you can find it here on YouTube or Twitch!

Intro - 1:20
Retentions - 3:00
Ruiners (ABR, Blunder) - 3:00
Ojama - 5:20
Star - 6:48
Tigers (Bowman, OP, Jabba) - 8:53
Classiest (Heysup) - 12:00
Cryonicles (Fakes) - 13:00
BIGs (Zoro, Finch, d0nut) - 17:18
Falcons (Leftiez, Mr.E, zf) - 21:18
Scooters (Ojama, Star, Jirachee) - 23:13
Sharks (Reiku) - 27:49
Raiders (TDK, Hack) - 31:20
Wolfpack (aim, FlamingVictini) - 33:46
Offtopic Discussion - 37:32
Val joins with discussion topics - 40:51
Price Inflation - 42:10
Astamatitos - 42:42
McMeghan - 45:50
In-Depth Tier Discussion - 49:07
BW Discussion - 49:07
ORAS Discussion - 54:38
SUMO Discussion - 1:03:25
BKC in GSC - 1:17:22
Earthworm - 1:20:22
Classiest SUMO - 1:22:15
RBY Discussion - 1:24:15
GSC Discussion - 1:29:20
Short ADV Interlude - 1:35:10
GSC Continued - 1:37:48
Fuck Ojama - 1:43:00
Ubers Discussion - 1:44:06
LC Discussion - 1:54:10
Planning ahead - 1:56:40
LC Continued - 1:57:57
Doubles Discussion - 2:05:34
ADV Discussion - 2:11:56
DPP Discussion - 2:18:32
Wrapping up - 2:28:00~

Thanks to everyone who participated - please be sure to thank rozes for hosting!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the making of the Power Rankings and the SPL Cast - without all of you, we would not be able to have such a fun pre-season and all of your work is greatly appreciated. Cheers and best of luck to everyone this season n_n

Tele

a quality human being
Overall, -Snow has had varying levels of success in WCOP over a few appearances, but he has never stood out as a consistently above average performer in the context of his fellow Italians, and Italy has never been seen as a powerhouse in terms of ORAS talent, so this does not bode well for -Snow when it comes to competing in an SPL field.
so i just stumbled on this passage while reading the power rankings, and im actually not really fine with it regardless of who contributed to write it.

first off, team italy has been one of the best teams in last year's world cup and had one of the best oras records as well. that alone kind of invalidates what you said in your power rankings.

second off, alexander, an italian player, won the second edition of the official ladder tournament, an official smogon tournament held once a year where some of the best oras (and now sumo) ou players participate.

third off, livio, another italian player, had the most points in smogon tour 20 and the 2nd most oras ou points.

so like, in behalf of all the italian players, i would kindly ask you to do more in-depth analysis before writing bs like this, thx

- even though i fear that the one who wrote that just hates italians in general so maybe we should just ignore that -

Tele

a quality human being
shake and pdc have both led a dpp ou tour season in points so if you're trying to use that as evidence of skill i must inform you that you are mistaken
what you said is only 50% true. shake and pdc did lead a dpp ou tour in points indeed. but that happened when oras was the main generation, and most of the players who played dpp back in the days ('07-'10) were already retired by then. you cant expect dpp ou to be just as competitive as it was when it was the main generation. a big part of today's playerpool only started playing well after dpp. thats the main reason to why players like shake and pdc were able to lead a smogon tour season in dpp points.

the difference with what i said is, livio almost lead (he was basically tied with leftiez) a smogon tour in oras ou points when oras ou was the main generation, which means when the competitiveness in said generation was as high as it could have possibly been.

Last edited:

Mazar

Banned deucer.
Why are you, of all people, trying to make a ghosting joke lol
who says I was referring to ghosting lol? It was about how Italian community hang together and feel as an unity which is a good thing. No joke or disrespect btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)