Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

On the Smogdex, I've noticed that some pokemon aren't listed, Sylveon and Goodra to name a few. I love all the time and effort that goes into each pokemon, so honestly, it's not surprising that every pokemon isn't there. Still, though. Is it just because they haven't updated the list yet, or am I using an outdated version of it, or the pokemon isn't a high enough tier for it to be ranked, or what?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On the Smogdex, I've noticed that some pokemon aren't listed, Sylveon and Goodra to name a few. I love all the time and effort that goes into each pokemon, so honestly, it's not surprising that every pokemon isn't there. Still, though. Is it just because they haven't updated the list yet, or am I using an outdated version of it, or the pokemon isn't a high enough tier for it to be ranked, or what?
Almost all fully evolved Pokemon have analyses on the dex, and for those examples Goodra and Sylveon both have dex pages up here:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/sylveon/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/goodra/
Maybe you were using the BW dex, but I dont know what else could be wrong.

I can't post anything in the Wifi section. I also cant create a thread. It says: "you have insufficient privileges to post here." Why is this?

Thats not true. A friend of mine is able to post threads while he never got specific rights or asked a mod.
Where's the thread now? Did if get locked or is it still up and running? Like I said in my post earlier, I don't know that much about Wi-Fi, but the rules thread should help you.

Where's the thread now? Did if get locked or is it still up and running? Like I said in my post earlier, I don't know that much about Wi-Fi, but the rules thread should help you.
In Wifi you do not have to ask for mod permission to open up threads, except in Wifi-tourneys. Anyone can open a trade thread, but it will get locked if you don't follow the rules.

Is there any way to get good on Smogon without a B101 tutor? I can beat newer members on the ladder but I'm never able to get high on the ladder.

So I plan to attend a VGC Regionals in October, but I have a few questions concerning Cloning, since I have a few cloned Mons, but thriugh Powersaves, I mean, doesnt it like edit the file with its cloning code? Because it states that no external devices are allowed to be used to edit the file, so would the cloned be considered illegal? Also, I noticed people use Powersaves to rack BP and buy items/use iten codes to generate items with Powersaves, again, would they be considered illegal? Since Pokemon does not allow external or third part devices at all. I really hope they arent as I plan to use my cloned legendaries. Thanks

So I plan to attend a VGC Regionals in October, but I have a few questions concerning Cloning, since I have a few cloned Mons, but thriugh Powersaves, I mean, doesnt it like edit the file with its cloning code? Because it states that no external devices are allowed to be used to edit the file, so would the cloned be considered illegal? Also, I noticed people use Powersaves to rack BP and buy items/use iten codes to generate items with Powersaves, again, would they be considered illegal? Since Pokemon does not allow external or third part devices at all. I really hope they arent as I plan to use my cloned legendaries. Thanks
They do not allow third party devices and such, but they won't investigate deeply to see if you clone your Pokemon or anything, clones slip through easily with no issues. However many of the top players who use legal hacks use a "blank" cartridge because they want to be on the safe side. You might want a clean cartridge for like Worlds if you use Powersaves and such, but for a Regional you should be fine with legal (and preferably legit) cloned mons on a cartridge which has gotten some work on it through Powersaves, whether it be cloning or max items/BP.

They do not allow third party devices and such, but they won't investigate deeply to see if you clone your Pokemon or anything, clones slip through easily with no issues. However many of the top players who use legal hacks use a "blank" cartridge because they want to be on the safe side. You might want a clean cartridge for like Worlds if you use Powersaves and such, but for a Regional you should be fine with legal (and preferably legit) cloned mons on a cartridge which has gotten some work on it through Powersaves, whether it be cloning or max items/BP.
Thanks! So they clone on a clean save file? And would my cartridge be considered clean if I only had powersaved clones, and got some powersaved mons from people (of course I dont use them)

Thanks! So they clone on a clean save file? And would my cartridge be considered clean if I only had powersaved clones, and got some powersaved mons from people (of course I dont use them)
They don't clone on a clean file, they trade Pokemon over to the clean file and use the clean file for tournaments, and another cartridge for all sorts of other shenanigans.

Well, if you use Powersaves on a cartridge you alter the coding of the game I think, so that is not clean, but what you described should easily go through on Regionals I think.

They don't clone on a clean file, they trade Pokemon over to the clean file and use the clean file for tournaments, and another cartridge for all sorts of other shenanigans.

Well, if you use Powersaves on a cartridge you alter the coding of the game I think, so that is not clean, but what you described should easily go through on Regionals I think.
Alright, well thanks! Looks like I gotta get me a copy of Alpha Sapphire then XD

Alright, well thanks! Looks like I gotta get me a copy of Alpha Sapphire then XD
Well, I honestly don't think you should have a problem with the cartridge you have now. I can't say for sure how well they inspect the cartridge at regionals though, because I've never been at one. But if you don't have problem with using some money on an extra cartridge and plan on going to more VGC events, it's completely fine to be safe with an extra cartridge (you can also soft reset version exclusive legendaries there:O)

Well, I honestly don't think you should have a problem with the cartridge you have now. I can't say for sure how well they inspect the cartridge at regionals though, because I've never been at one. But if you don't have problem with using some money on an extra cartridge and plan on going to more VGC events, it's completely fine to be safe with an extra cartridge (you can also soft reset version exclusive legendaries there:O)
Yeah, the only Powersaves stuff on my cart. would be mons edited with Powersaves, but, nontheless, thanks for the answer, but I dont think ill mind buying an extra cartridge anyway, and those clones were legendaries I got from here. I dont know if releasing those edited Pokemon will fix the traces of AR, as a few if those were never mine to give to be edited in the first place.

When I click on a thread I've been in before, it automatically directs me to the page where I 'left off' instead of page one. I don't want that. Is there a way I can avoid this?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know there is a page that specializes in this, but I can't remember wat its called.

so can anyone direct me to the page/forum that tells how to custom words.
EG bold, tiny writing, strikeout, colour, big.

And how do you tag a person in a post?

I know there is a page that specializes in this, but I can't remember wat its called.

so can anyone direct me to the page/forum that tells how to custom words.
EG bold, tiny writing, strikeout, colour, big.

And how do you tag a person in a post?
Do you mean this?

And to tag a user in a post simply type their name with an @ in front of it.

G-Luke

When I click on a thread I've been in before, it automatically directs me to the page where I 'left off' instead of page one. I don't want that. Is there a way I can avoid this?
Click on the grey date underneath the title of the thread, it'll take you to the original post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)