Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ggs dude, was a pretty cool series. i should've attacked at the end there but thought you were scarf gren and that it wouldn't have made any difference. oops!

bit disappointing to go out this early but had some fun games on the way so it was well worth it. i guess my heart just wasn't really in it this OLT. i did try not to cheese/stall this time but i know a few people were expecting something more... interesting. truth is i haven't built anything in well over a year now. lately i just haven't been finding this game as exciting as it used to be and often haven't been very motivated to play. hoping that'll change soon though and with any luck i'll be back for another go next year.

quick shoutout to suapah for helping me with teams during playoffs and to Essence for passing me that Diancie godsquad by Sayuze and DANN3. i wouldn't have been able to qualify without it so thanks guys and sorry i couldn't do it the justice it deserves.

also this new format was a brilliant idea and i hope we stick with it next year too. it's been a great OLT so far imo. im rooting for Mimo, Simia, Mob, Bro Kappa, blargh and Gama. hope one of you takes it!

rooting for my mans Insult and Tace :swole::afrostar:
also gl to Empo, Hallows, Kory, Mimo, Punny, Sjneider, Twix, Zucht

(ABR is prob winning it all and I wouldnt mind if he does)
pepopunch.png

2-0
Eternal Spirit vs Ojama -impressed w Ojamas OLT and Snake performances so far. Obv cant count big ES out, but I think the Pin takes this 2-1
(either way both players are gonna make top 16 imo)

Insult vs Kickasser -Two solid players, Kick w more tour experience, but Insult is def an up and coming Player.
Predicting Insult to take it 2-1. Big fan of most teams these dudes been using, so gonna be a fun one

SoulWind vs Sacri'-SW just beat one of the favs (kory). My gut is telling me Sacri takes it, but SW is more proven (Stours+ost Finals) and I havent seen enough SM gameplay from Sacri´. Expecting a close set and hopefully no stall from sw :D

1-1
zugubu royale vs Bro Kappa -Idt BK is back on his a-game yet, but theres no doubt in my mind hes gonna take this one. (I wouldnt mind Zugu winning w some heat again, but dont see it happening)
Hiye vs CaronSmith -p fire series :v4: Matchups gonna decide this one since both players are around the same skill lvl imo.
tough to decice, but I think Hiye is gonna pull thru (close 2-1)

Simia vs Empo -Empo has improved a lot over the last years (not like he was bad, but he got even better.) If Simia has a good day maybe he can steal a game but empo is def winning this. :swole:
(also Empo I didnt forget that I promised u to upload ur championship finals)

Juuls vs RedEmption -Red almost beat abr w some wild teams. Juuls aint bad and can prob make it close. If it comes to a g3, I think Red is gonna be prepped for his stall.

Ash KetchumGamer vs blarghlfarghl -not much to say, would be super surprised if blargh loses this

Malekith vs Kory2600 -This can be Korys big breakout. He has brought some hot teams, finally knows what a steel is and improved as a player overall. Jokes aside Malekith is obv a hard opp but I think Kory is gonna win 2-1 :toast: (also didnt forget I promised u to get ur stours games up :blobsweats:)
Hoping for more fire techs from kory (shoutouts HW Lop into Volc)

TaceBreeze vs Paycard -This one should be close :D Paycards been struggling a bit (snake/olt) Tace played fine vs robo and got bad matchups vs the kingpin. 52-48 in tace favor

0-2
Mimolette vs Lopunny Kicks -what UU mon is mimo gonna bring this time :pimp: Mimo def has potential and his time will come but I see Punny a bit stronger atm

robopoke vs Hallows -robo said himself hes p busy and I think Hallows is good enough and has the right people to pass him some fire

I recorded almost every set live (havent uploaded everything yet, but they will go up over the next weeks)

Last edited:

Juuls

Banned deucer.
Asking for an extension. I might be able to do monday but I'm still not sure about the time.

Allrite everyone first of all thanks for the everyone who supported me u know u and im not gonna mention everyone, ill do that one day, when time comes.

Gratz Puny and come back now from 1W-2L to 3W-2L if u dare.

I've never been the "competitive dude" irl, more like the lazy dude who dont wanna make too much efforts. This is the first time since I've started mons that i've reached such a high level. And i was surprised of how exciting and funny it felt to prepare and feel stronger. So i'll keep working on my weak points to get my skills sharper, more solid, and i'll definitely see u guys again in some cool ones :pimp:

Thx Blundo for the inspiration, ur a champ and im looking forward the day i talk to u on the same level, wait for me !

Special thanks to VSX too, thanks for always giving me good avdvices for my teams, and thx for the team g3 VS Abr and for the "cobuilded" team for Puny.

I'll watch everyone like i do since the start, i know how u guys feel now, and i know its hard, lets the best win this.

I'll root for Redemption, and GL to all the broskis still in this, cheers :afrostar:

Quite Quiet requesting extension till Tuesday evening my time, writing here since u didn't reply at my pm. I have been at hospital all the week for some issues and still am so I couldn't and can't play before since I comeback home Tuesday afternoon, I talked with zugu and he said that is ok for him.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I have not commented on either of the activity cases prior to this because I expect you to still schedule properly even if you need an extension. Including me in stuff is fine because then I know what's going on but I won't comment on it until it's due. That being said:
Quite Quiet requesting extension till Tuesday evening my time, writing here since u didn't reply at my pm. I have been at hospital all the week for some issues and still am so I couldn't and can't play before since I comeback home Tuesday afternoon, I talked with zugu and he said that is ok for him.
I know you've both agreed to this so fine.

RedEmption vs Juuls
As per what I wrote above, there has been no attempt from Juuls to properly schedule and if this got an extention it doesn't seem like it'd get done anyway. RedEmption gets the activity win because of actually having availability when trying to schedule and also initiated contact.

Round 4 soon-ish, I just need to set up the rigged bracket to avoid repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)