So Gyarados why do you still basically look exactly the same?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 48 Def / 244 HP / 216 Spd
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Taunt

My lead most of the times, honestly I was thinking of using Crobat due to Defog, Infiltrator and his faster Taunt. But at the moment when I made this team when I was still selecting people I started to grow to like Gliscor. The Taunt with his amount of speed is capable of making Smeargle (without Magic Coat), and Galvantula practically useless on setting hazards. BPers on the other hand is why I like Substitute because more or less on first turn Ninjask/Scolipede will Protect so I get my Sub and can Taunt them if they plan to keep setting up since most people are so used to the Toxic/stall. Earthquake is there for STAB and most people aren’t aware of Knock Off but it has helped me a lot certain cases I knock off important items. Scenario A: Taunted Smeargle because he doesn’t run Magic Coat and tried to Spore me. Swaps to his Gengar (for some reason) boom Knock Off his Gengarite and practically made the Gengar incapacitated. However the only thing I dislike is then I don’t really have anyone to setup hazards with, which practically atm I’ve grown fond of Stealth Rock due to how valuable the damage really is in terms of killing stuff like Talonflame, Volcarona, Chandelure and Charizard. The only other lead Mamoswine pretty much 2HKOs me with Ice Shard (OHKO with Icicle Crash) and if I were the Mamo I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to rock right away when I can pretty much get a free kill first. Helping my set would be of great importance as I still sort of like the toxic stalling.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang \ Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Oh Gyarados its actually quite funny while testing out the different Megas on showdown, I’ve never actually realized or forgot how strong and bulky Gyarados really is, what makes it funny is I actually got more into competitive Pokemon and around that time (D/P) I actually based my team off the Gyaravire core because I thought it was super strong at the time. Now I actually really like M-Gyarados, has enough bulk from Intimidate to pass 1 DD then sweep with the set so long as they lose certain walls like Ferro/Skarm which are the main annoyances. I actually was able to sweep most games due to the increase in power. Although I’m unsure if Moxie might be better, I went with Jolly to outspeed I believe it was base 90/100 pokes after DD. Since his attack stat is already massive from evolving. The other thing is due to Gyarados not recievng Bounce/Crunch were left with Ice Fang or Stone Edge which for both I’ve had pretty good success with. I’m leaning with Ice Fang atm just because I feel its more useful and due to the bulk I can usually survive a Dragon’s attack and kill them, also stops opposing flyers from walling me like Gliscor where I can pretty much OHKO it.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 8 SDef / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

Honestly I wanted a really strong wall-breaker that wasn’t a Dragon due to having 2 other pokes weak to ice. I originally went with Talonflame/Excadrill/Gyara core and Talon has been alright n working his weight until I realize Excadrill wasn’t really worth it since essentially I was only using it to spin for Talonflame. So I removed it and added Lucario and it worked better until Rocks actually came in and then I just figured I wanted a strong wall-breaker that can resist Rocks and still can be a good setup or a cleanup sweeper. I tried again with Electivire and Arcanine and honestly they both feel the same to me. I would be really interested in other options I could use. I honestly feel Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Azumarill, Blissey are all walls my team cannot beat without a really strong Fire attack. The rest of the move set is just due to Arcanine’s coverage he can do a lot of damage.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

Lucario I’ve had relatively good success with him in the past trying out other Mega’s as my other setup sweeper. Inner Focus is there to remove flinching since that can be a problem and the only one I find more valuable than his other abilities. SD is so strong with his set. I use Crunch for the pokes like Gengar, and other strong Psychics. CC to also help get rid of potential strong Steel types and Bullet Punch to remove all the popular Fairy’s that aren’t Azumarill.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Phantom Force

My favorite so far within the past two days, this tree has really pulled his weight. 80 Speed to outspeed Vaporeon and hit it with a Horn Leech, or WoW Scizor. Leech Seed for more sustain and Phantom Force honestly to help rid of Gengar/Aegislash or other potential ghosts. Phantom Force though seems to more or less be in a filler spot since both haven’t become that big of an issue. I honestly feel Sub/Protect might be better. Trevenant also completes my FWG core that I wanted to do since it covers so much. This is a pokemon I started to see its worth and don’t think I want to replace just because of how many games I can carry with him by burning important targets and healing off damage due to harvesting Sitrus Berries and Leech Seed. Also Is my answer to the popular Azumarill since if it Belly Drum without screens its practically dead weight from Horn Leech. Otherwise he has to hit me with 2 Play Roughs to actually kill me since CB Adamant Aqua Jet won’t do enough to finish.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect

My special wall honestly I’ve used Togekiss to a large extent and because what I needed was mainly a Dragon killer that resists it I decided on Sylveon and Gardevoir and both have proven valuable which made me see the importance of having a Fairy in the meta since it covers a lot. Although the set in general outside of WoW have proven to be hard to Wish/Protect I feel offensive options from the analysis might be better with the EVs. If only Sylveon could get Hyper Voice without Pokebank I’d use it in a heartbeat but currently I feel Gardevoir has the better offensive options and its proven its worth tanking hits and actually carrying the team due to the typing and the high SpA and SpD.

Thanks for looking over my team, I honestly feel both Physical sweepers can be replaced but I’m not sure yet with what. Given I just want pokes that can wall-break, become a early sweeper/ or the janitor if Gyarados given the right situations can spiral out of control and is barely affected by Stealth Rocks since I find it’s so strong compared to any other hazards although Sticky Web has proven to be also quite annoying but Rocks I feel is the better of the two. Otherwise I also feel Gliscor and Gardevoir although have proven their worth and have tanked truly a lot of stuff and helped me I feel both can be opted for other pokes too. A SpA wall-breaker is just as valuable as a Physical one for me, since I like hazards I still sorta want them but Taunt on has also proven really strong since I do have answers for Talonflame and Charizard it isn’t that much of an issue to me. Other than that I would like some criticism and your opinions on what I can fix to do better. So far I am currently at 1600 on Showdown and wish to climb higher while making this team in X/Y Wifi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)