Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you make the assumption there are only 150 in each dex? There could be more after it. Either way, that would put us at 450 in the regional dex, which is pretty damn impressive.

I expect there will be a lot more Gen 6 Pokemon in the third dex, with the first two helping add to the nostalgic feel of the game, and assuming 150 per dex, help fit in with the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" throwback to Gen 1.
I don't. But there haven't been any pokemon with dex numbers greater than 150 that I know of, so there's no reason to include numbers past 150.

Mega Lucario looks pretty bloody scary with the stats alone, and that's before you factor in Adaptability. If you do, then well...

• 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (54.43 - 64.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 200-236 (47.61 - 56.19%) -- 26.56% chance to 2HKO

I think I'll let this speak for itself. The only thing that can switch into something this OP are probably ghosts (and maybe Gardevoir's megaevo if there is one), and it might be a good thing that they got a big boost this gen.
Crunch and Bullet Punch tho...

Crunch and Bullet Punch tho...
Noted. So... Slowbro with Psychic is the only safe switch-in I can think of. The others being very, very shaky checks.

My god, the power creep never ceases to outdo itself.

What would Crunch have to do with Adaptability? If you're referring to the increased attack stats then that makes sense
Because it has Crunch and Bullet Punch for Ghosts, Psychic, and Fairy. (Bullet Punch also gets the Adaptability boost)

What would Crunch have to do with Adaptability? If you're referring to the increased attack stats then that makes sense
Crunch to hit Ghosts and Psychics because Close Combat will killmurder everything else except Fairies.
Gardevoir will 4x resist CC, but be weak to Bullet Punch
252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gardevoir: 272-320 (80 - 94.11%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: Ninja'd

Actually, funny story about Slowbro
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Slowbro: 192-226 (48.85 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Noted. So... Slowbro with Psychic is the only safe switch-in I can think of. The others being very, very shaky checks.

My god, the power creep never ceases to outdo itself.

Because it has Crunch and Bullet Punch for Ghosts, Psychic, and Fairy. (Bullet Punch also gets the Adaptability boost)
Gotcha. I was just making sure you weren't saying it would be good due to Adaptability. The type coverage I completely understand!

That last one was supposed to be to youngjake93, sorry I'm exhausted right now. Nice team btw, I thought I'd check it out and I'm impressed!

Have a picture of an untrained Hawlucha, giving a base stat range of:

HP: 115-132
Attack: 87-104
Defense: 72-92
Special Attack: 57-74
Special Defense: 60-77
Speed: 102-119

Attachments

Last edited:
Seriously... 70 Pokemon? Colour scheme for Chespins evo sucks, don't mind the dress one and the water one is shit.

Overall I think it is better than gen 5, but the disappointment is starting to kick in. :(

But it had a mild nature, I think the Sp Atk stat is lower than both of it's defenses.
Fixed. I always seem to get the colors confused for some reason. >_<

Seriously... 70 Pokemon? Colour scheme for Chespins evo sucks, don't mind the dress one and the water one is shit.

Overall I think it is better than gen 5, but the disappointment is starting to kick in. :(
The 70 Pokemon rumor has never been confirmed. It was separate from any of the leaks... Though it is starting to look more likely, barring the third regional dex having a shit ton of new Pokemon.

I'm thinking at least 100 new pokes. Since the lowest introduced was in Gen 2, correct? Also, were the final starter evos confirmed by nintendo yet?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I've calc'd some rough base stats out of curiosity. Likely old, but still worth sharing. If anyone has any uncalc'd Pokemon they'd like to know, I'd be happy to do it. (Going to sleep in half an hour tho)

Hawlucha
Base 70/95/80/65/70/110

Pangoro
Base 110/130/80/80/80/70

Doublade
Base 60/110/150/55/50/30

HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe order of course.

I'm confused at why Nintendo would go to such lenghts to stop the leakers. They're only gaining from this. Doesn't more hype equal to more sales?
Well, for one, they REALLY are pushing this "universal experience" thing, where no country gets a sneak peek at the contents of the game because another country got it first. I get the feeling they want to emulate Gen 1 again, hence the multiple references to it (Kanto starters, Pokemon game montages, etc.). They probably want that "fresh game" feeling from the first games.
Secondly, more hype doesn't always equal more sales. I honestly don't think anyone who was not going to buy the game on release date would suddenly buy it because they learned about something in it; anyone who was waiting to see what was inside before buying was probably going to wait until after the release anyways.
Lastly, it's really just bad practice. If you give someone a gift before Christmas (that you know they've worked on for months), with the tag, "Do Not Open Until Christmas" on it, you probably don't want them to open it before Christmas. Will you open it before Christmas anyways? Probably. But it's one thing to open it; it's another entirely to open it, photograph and videotape its contents, and post it online for everyone (including the gift-giver) to see.

Well, for one, they REALLY are pushing this "universal experience" thing, where no country gets a sneak peek at the contents of the game because another country got it first. I get the feeling they want to emulate Gen 1 again, hence the multiple references to it (Kanto starters, Pokemon game montages, etc.). They probably want that "fresh game" feeling from the first games.
Secondly, more hype doesn't always equal more sales. I honestly don't think anyone who was not going to buy the game on release date would suddenly buy it because they learned about something in it; anyone who was waiting to see what was inside before buying was probably going to wait until after the release anyways.
Lastly, it's really just bad practice. If you give someone a gift before Christmas (that you know they've worked on for months), with the tag, "Do Not Open Until Christmas" on it, you probably don't want them to open it before Christmas. Will you open it before Christmas anyways? Probably. But it's one thing to open it; it's another entirely to open it, photograph and videotape its contents, and post it online for everyone (including the gift-giver) to see.
On the other hand we're only just finding out that this generation has some of the most extreme version exclusives we've ever seen. We've seen pokemon exclusive to certain games within a gen, we've seen forms specific to the third game in a series because they didn't exist in the first two, but we've never seen items and form pokemon exclusive to one game out of two. In a case like Charizard and its Mega evolution things like this are really handy to know before hand, before we make our purchases. Nintendo only just told us about X and already people are scrambling to change games because either they like Mega X or they preferred Mega Y. Previously it hasn't mattered this distinctly which of the two games you've bought. This gen it does. If I want charizard X then I want to know I can get it every time I start over, not have to scramble to trade for it or something. I want it there in game. Same goes for if I want Charizard Y. And how do we know there aren't others like Mewtwo and Charizard that have version specific forms and items not revealed?

If Nintendo isn't prepared to give us the ability to make informed purchases then leaks become more than just hype and excitement. They become a necessity.

I think they also want to encourage trading between players.
I wonder if you can trade pokemons with exclusive mega stones like Charizardite X to a Pokemon Y game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This here is a good round up of most of the other interesting stuff so far:

http://imgur.com/a/jiahd

Yes there are spoilers. It seems Flabebe might evolve once or twice looking at the dex... Let's hope the Coastal/Mountain ranges have more new Pokemon than what we have had so far. I am extremely happy with the amount of options we have so early (Doduo, Bagon etc)

Aerodactyl getting a Mega Evolution is nice. Heck, Aerodactyl is so good, it doesn't even need to Mega Evolve to beat Mega Charizard X and Y as it just outspeeds and OHKOs both of them easily. Then it can Mega Evolve later if it wants to. :)

Bagon early in the game? Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)