Stall/SS/Spiker team

I was trying to come up with a good stall team and needed some help. I'm new to competitive battling and any suggestions are helpful no matter how obvious or harsh they are. Here's what I have so far. (Most of these are from smogon so they will likely be pretty standard)

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Puch/Expolosion

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis/Explosion

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye/Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP / 96 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Nature: Calm
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Thunderpunch
- Firepunch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Basic idea, set up a Sandstorm with Hippowdon, Spikes, Stealth Rock, and then stall. Dusknoir is anti-spinner, and when the other team is sufficiently weakened, send out Regirock then kill the remainder very high Atk/Def/SpD and you'll be close to unstoppable. I know there are a LOT of Ground/Rock/Steel but I think I have some of the counters there. Once again, any suggestions, feedback, and general viability is great.

You're team is too slow, and carries too many shared weaknesses, most notably water. You're going to need to find something faster.

u could put a tentacruel in there to have toxic spikes also absorbs the water, not sure wat to replace it for though

The standard MixApe will kill everything except gliscor and dusknoir, the former being massacred if it is packing HP Ice. I suggest you use Regirock instead of Rhyperior(Overrated, really). Regirock will survive anything a MixApe can throw at it and kill it with earthquake, whereas Rhyperior will fall from a single grass knot. And, Regirock, especially Curse Regirock, is just awesome on a sandstorm team. Without a single EV in Defence, it has 436, and with max Sp. Defence in the sand, it reaches 492. Not to mention that after a curse his stats are as follows: Atk:355/Def:654/Sp.Def:492. Get rid of either Gliscor or Skarm to replace with a bulky water like Suicune, Starmie or Tentacruel to help with the water weakness(Tentacruel also has the benefit of being nuetral to grass, can set up toxic spikes, and provide rapid spin support, as can starmie). If you get rid of Gliscor, switch Hippo's Roar with Stealth Rock, as Skarm will then act as your shuffler/phazer. Also, you may want to invest in a Cradily(who's Special Defence exceeds 500 in the sand) as a special wall, although I don't know who you would take out for it

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
nasty plotted fire blast walks all over gliscor and some what dusknoir, who doesnt even 2 hit with thunderpunch

tentacruel would be great

Took the suggestions for Regirock and Tentacruel. Any changes in their movesets would be nice. Horribly retarded question though. Why would you boost the speed of a Cursing Regirock whose base speed is sub par? Wouldn't Trick Room from Bronzong be a good way to get it up? (Also the reason for having slower than average pokemon on team in the first place.)

Took the suggestions for Regirock and Tentacruel. Any changes in their movesets would be nice. Horribly retarded question though. Why would you boost the speed of a Cursing Regirock whose base speed is sub par? Wouldn't Trick Room from Bronzong be a good way to get it up? (Also the reason for having slower than average pokemon on team in the first place.)
No one said to boost the speed. You're supposed to max his special defence and hp, then put the remaining 6 into attack. See, no speed involved. BTW, the movesets look fine, although, just for consideration, you may want to think about using Hammer Arm instead of Earthquake. You don't have to, but it prevents you from being walled by bronzong. It also does significantly more damage to TTar. It 2ko's for certain, and OHKO's after a curse, while a non DD'd non CB'd Adamant TTar will fail to even 2ko(assuming it has leftovers/chople berry), with or without a curse(DD and CB both fail to 2ko with a curse), with its EQ.

Does Hippowdon even get Hammer Arm, no arm there... Even if it did the coverage is lulz bad. Put an elemental fang on there instead.
Like he said, he was tired. He accidentally put hammer arm on the wrong pokemon. Cursed Condemner, change the Hammer Arm>EQ from Hippowdon to Regirock, and put Hippo back to the way he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)