SV OU Sticky Webs HO feat. Swords Dance Haxorus (Peak 1890 - #56)

What are your thoughts on Big Stall?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Definitely

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Introduction:

Wassup my fellow members of the agency, and whoever else is reading this I guess idk. Anyways, my goal with this team was to make something without :Volcarona: :Roaring_Moon: and :Kingambit: since I rely on them so much for pretty much all my teams, and after :Volcarona: got banned I knew I had to complete this challenge with at least a top 100 peak. Without further ado, let’s get into the team

Pokepaste:

:Ribombee::Gholdengo::Manaphy::Glimmora::Zamazenta::Haxorus:

https://pokepast.es/a8bcf7b69359b3dc

Proof of Peak:

IMG_4531.jpeg

The Team:
IMG_4523.png

The REAL Volc (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Psychic Noise

The stickiness enabler of the team, this bee lookin gremlin allows for the fast deployment of sticky webs. Psychic Noise allows u to beat lead :Glimmora: without risking the absence of ur webs, Stun Spore is there to help thwart set up attempts from the likes of mons like :Roaring_Moon: and :Iron_Valiant:, and Moonblast is chosen over Bug Buzz and Skill Swap for more consistent damage. If the team features a :Hatterene: the best course of action is to lead off with something that can use it as set up fodder. Focus Sash helps it live hits and actually stay on the field for more then one turn since it’s built like wet paper that was left to dry out in the Sahara desert. Honestly not much to say here, the standard set.

IMG_4524.png

GI Golden Joe (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

Since this team is focused on taking advantage of hazards, Gholdengo is basically a must due to its typing blocking all spinning and ability blocking defog attempts. Air Balloon was chosen to make switching into tier staple and spinner :Great_Tusk: much easier, and Nasty Plot allows for pressure on stall teams, wall breaking, and cleaning. Tera Fairy helps power up Dazzling Gleam and take hits from :Roaring_Moon: :Great_Tusk: and :Kingambit: and eliminate them. Although most :gholdengo: on hyper offense run three attacks, one of those being Psyshock for :Blissey: and :Clodsire:, I’ve opted for Recover to set up on lead :Ribombee: and take advantage of switches due to how hard this team beats stall. Like, if ur smart enough, not even the best stall player can beat this team, it just gets absolutely incinerated. So yeah, very good set that I’d like to experiment with further.

IMG_4525.png

Bootleg Phione (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Take Heart
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Stored Power

Stall breaker number ONE of this team, Manaphy just absolutely destroys a lot of difficult matchups for this team, especially rain and the already mentioned stall as long as Tera has been exhausted. Rather then tail glow, I’ve opted for Take Heart to increase the amount of mons Manaphy can set up on, such as :slowking-galar: and :dragapult: since that MF is a demon that should be burned and banned to Ubers. Acid Armor helps you set up on more stuff such as :Kingambit: and :Gliscor:, and also helps increase the power of Stored Power vs stall. Tera grass lets you set up on :Rillaboom: and :ogerpon-wellspring: sets that don’t run encore, as well as take hits from menace to society :Barraskewda: and :raging bolt: in a pinch. Overall, a very underrated Mon that should be used more in hyper offense oriented teams.

IMG_4526.png

Hazard Removal (Glimmora) @ Power Herb
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Beam
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam

This was originally a slot used by :Iron_Moth:, however since then I realized that Mon isn’t real, and plus it fills a similar role by setting up on :Torkoal: with rock polish and absorbing toxic spikes from other :Glimmora:, plus special rock coverage from Meteor Beam is just insane. Dazzling Gleam helps beat dragons, and Tera Fairy not only boosts the power of Dazzling Gleam, but also allows this MF to beat :Kingambit: with Earth Power, which can also be used to take out :Heatran: if they don’t burn Tera to keep it alive. Toxic Debris synergizes very well with :Gholdengo: and allows for its teamates to beat bulky set up mons like :zamazenta: in an emergency. Finally, the nickname is there because it helps throw people off (:

IMG_4527.png

Mega Zacian (Zamazenta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam

Without :Volcarona: around to burn it every other match, Iron Defense :zamazenta: has been able to become even more of a menace to society. Tera fire is used to not only resist fairy type attacks from the likes of :iron_valiant: and scarf :Enamorus:, but it can also be used to avoid burns from :dragapult: and make the opponent wish they never used it, which in my books is a win for me. Heavy Slam is used to put the hurt on the already mentioned fairy types, and lastly Crunch is used to beat the hell out of opposing :Gholdengo: and not immediately lose to it. Very good dog, but still not as good as :zacian: unfortunately.

IMG_4528.png

Raging Neck (Haxorus) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Stallbreaker number TWO of the team, my home boi :Haxorus: makes any opposing stall player piss their pants and flee at the sight of it. Mold Breaker is an obviously amazing ability and I need not explain it, however instead of Dragon Dance I’ve opted for Swords Dance and Scale Shot which I will NOT be explaining. Iron Head and Tera Steel are used to beat fairy’s such as :Clefable: and avoid Toxic from stuff like :slowking-galar: and :Gliscor: if needed. Close Combat helps it hit defensive walls like :Skarmory: before going down, as well as :Garganacl: since he’s a demon. Overall this Mon is mediocre and should NOT be used. Yup totally my actual opinion.

Replays:

Vs. :Iron_Treads: Hyper Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2120023221

Vs. Standard Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2120017324

Vs. :Glimmora: Hyper Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2120029342?p2

:Haxorus: wipes the floor against Stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2120502503

Conclusion:

Alright, I think the big stall warriors are gone now. You wanna know why I’m ACTUALLY running :Haxorus: at all? Originally it was because I got tired of big stall runnin the streets of overused, however upon further use I’ve noticed something odd about matchmaking. I never faced a single stall team after passing around 1500. Not even one. Now am I saying that the matchmaking is rigged so that stall doesn’t have to face shit like :haxorus: due to big stall running the entire competitive singles community? Of course not. Not at all. I would never (: But if it means I never have to see another :dondozo: or :Clodsire: or :Blissey: in my life ever again, I will happily keep this thing on the team to protest the current stall dictatorship we live in. ¡VIVA LA RESISTENCE!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)