Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a suggestion which can help:Friend list.If you liked someone but you cant remember its name you can add it to the friend list (of course if he accepts).I hope you will pick it!

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Here is a suggestion which can help:Friend list.If you liked someone but you cant remember its name you can add it to the friend list (of course if he accepts).I hope you will pick it!
it's something many people have suggested yet and probably will be implemented in the future, still i don't think it's not a priority atm

Allow normally illegal shiny sprites. I came back to PS after a long break to find I can no longer use my Shiny Zygarde. I don't understand why, because shinies have no effect on gameplay, and in this case no value either since it's a choice. Why not just allow all shinies?

Okay so we found out today that if you switch accounts/names/whatever and then get warned/muted to break a link, it doesn't break the link. I don't need to explain how this can be abused and why this shouldn't be a thing, do I?

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Allow normally illegal shiny sprites. I came back to PS after a long break to find I can no longer use my Shiny Zygarde. I don't understand why, because shinies have no effect on gameplay, and in this case no value either since it's a choice. Why not just allow all shinies?
Shinies actually do have effect on game play. Some pokemon, such as Raikou, are shiny if you get them from an event. This event usually gives them a unique move which is Aura Sphere in this case.

Shinies actually do have effect on game play. Some pokemon, such as Raikou, are shiny if you get them from an event. This event usually gives them a unique move which is Aura Sphere in this case.
That's the event affecting gameplay, not the shininess itself. That would be dependent on the moveset or ability. Shininess is just a color change

That's the event affecting gameplay, not the shininess itself. That would be dependent on the moveset or ability. Shininess is just a color change
Which means if you see a shiny, and you know the only way to get the shiny is from an event, it must be an event shiny and might have the move in question. And if it isn't shiny, it can't have that move. It's actually very important competitively for gameplay.

Full/Offline client for platforms
Some people (like me) have a poor connection with Internet, and can't download the client every time that want play. My suggestion is to make the platform-clients to work offline releasing full code, porting to NW.js/Cordova.
(At this present time this issue was wrote, the current version for Windows only uses an iframe to show the online Pokémon Showdown client).
Pokémon Showdown own Pastebin-like service
Zarel Will be nice can upload a team or browse other uploaded teams directly from PS client.
Feedback button with popunder

Will be nice insert a button in client that opens a popunder with instructions/links for the Suggestions Thread or the Issues page on GitHub.
Official support for clans

Zarel Clan is a popular custom feature on some servers. The brazillian server http://indigo.psim.us is a example of server that uses this, and users appreciate very much. Clans are teams that battle against each other and earn scores. Will be nice if you can implement this feature on Pokémon Showdown officially.

Last edited:
So the feature has been implemented where it reveals a pokemons ability once it has been shown (iron barbs, sturdy, illusion). I think that this should also extend to *remove* abilities once they do not proc and reveal it is not mold breaker, intimidate, frisk or such.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What about an option that doesn't let you join a specific tour if you don't have a team of that tier/meta? I think that would be helpful for new users who don't really know much about tiers and metagames, maybe we could add a sort of message that gives useful links about that specific tier.

can we fix the "ignore tournaments" button? like all I want is for it to not highlight spam me every single time a tour is created, but i'm a roommod and need to see the actual tour to do my job and such.
Also, I keep getting highlighted whenever I join the server by tours that have already ended or started. Can you get rid of this?

Support for image avatar
Official support for avatars instead of player sprites, including GIFs.
Chat window user's status
In chat window, show in user's symbol the color relevant to its status (Online/Busy/Away/Offline)
Can show videos on main chat
If user have the needed privileges, will can show videos for user click & play.
Version power and version casual
User can choose the Power version with more text and use of commands, or Casual version with better design and including buttons for commands.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Support for image avatar
Official support for avatars instead of player sprites, including GIFs.
Chat window user's status

In chat window, show in user's symbol the color relevant to its status (Online/Busy/Away/Offline)
Can show videos on main chat

If user have the needed privileges, will can show videos for user click & play.
Version power and version casual

User can choose the Power version with more text and use of commands, or Casual version with better design and including buttons for commands.
1) Custom avatars are a reward for contributions to PS! (I.e. Staffing, bugtesting, coding etc)
2) That's not a bad idea, though most users simply change alt to indicate that they are busy/away. Offline is irrelevant as they no longer show up.
3) The "needed privileges" would likely be restricted to globally staffed roomowners via HTMLBOX if this was implemented anyway, since the ability to display videos opens up a whole new area of risk.
4) Unless you're suggesting some sort of button-based roomstaff toolkit, the current balance of /commands and buttons serves most users fairly well. That being said, your casual suggestion could easily be implemented via a custom stylish skin, so you may want to look into that if it's something you feel is absolutely necessary for your user experience.

I want to start playing pokemon showdown on my tablet. However, ps for android SUCKS. Can't there be a ps mobile app just like ps for pc? There could be the sprites from gen 6 and the app overall is just clumsy. Please create a good app for mobile

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to start playing pokemon showdown on my tablet. However, ps for android SUCKS. Can't there be a ps mobile app just like ps for pc? There could be the sprites from gen 6 and the app overall is just clumsy. Please create a good app for mobile
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ilable-showdown-app-for-android-beta.3526473/
i believe this is still functional. but be aware that this is a personal project started by the people in that thread. so if you have a suggestion/complaint about the app, post it there, not here!

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can we have a feature to stop the endless battle command wars? This gets really annoying, really fast. Same goes for Modjoin stuff.

Hello my niggas, Anacleto here and today I have a couple of suggestions for the developers which will surely improve the PS experience for every user.

1) allow to skip to last turn when watching a shared replay. This is possible when you click 'Instant replay' in the battle window, but for some obscure reason you can't do it for a saved replay. Which sucks, cause sometimes you just want to read all the comments in the battle and don't care about the battle itself, so you have to click 'skip to turn...' and then you have to guess how long the battle lasted. So annoying!

2) give at least 5 minutes of timer! Like come on, 150 seconds? Really? When my connection happens to drop I don't even have the time to restart my router, wait for the connection to estabilish again, refresh the page that my opponent has already flown away with the win!
On PO timer last 5 minutes, I dont really get why theyre so strict with the timer on here

Hello my niggas, Anacleto here and today I have a couple of suggestions for the developers which will surely improve the PS experience for every user.

1) allow to skip to last turn when watching a shared replay. This is possible when you click 'Instant replay' in the battle window, but for some obscure reason you can't do it for a saved replay. Which sucks, cause sometimes you just want to read all the comments in the battle and don't care about the battle itself, so you have to click 'skip to turn...' and then you have to guess how long the battle lasted. So annoying!

2) give at least 5 minutes of timer! Like come on, 150 seconds? Really? When my connection happens to drop I don't even have the time to restart my router, wait for the connection to estabilish again, refresh the page that my opponent has already flown away with the win!
On PO timer last 5 minutes, I dont really get why theyre so strict with the timer on here
The timer doesn't last for that long so that people can't make three turns take 15 minutes

The timer doesn't last for that long so that people can't make three turns take 15 minutes
That could be easily prevented by making so that if you take forever to make one move, you will have less time for the following moves until you start playing faster. Its really simple.

In any case, my first point still stands.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

when you click a battle link after you do /whois, it should open in a new battle tab, not a new browser tab
I've heard other people complain about this, but it opens in a new battle tab as it should for me. Might it have to do with the browser?

Here's a suggestion regarding timer stalling:

Right now the timer system is isolated to individual games, but what if it had global effects? If a player ran the clock down in one of their games, why not punish them in future games by starting them off with less time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)