Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
During battles, battle music from the pokemon games is played. However, there is no "wild" or "legendary" battle music, only trainer ones. I think it would be cool to hear legendary music, especially when you are playing ubers.

You're battling other trainers, so trainer music makes most sense. I assume that's why it was put in.

Also, vacate's post a bit above your own mentions that there probably won't be a huge colection of music as it's costly for the server.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I understand why the moves Zoroark uses are shown on the actual Pokemon, since you don't know which is which, but once Zoroark faints could those moves be removed? It's only come up once, but it's helpful for keeping track of the opponent's remaining PP if both Zoroark and the illusion Pokemon have a shared move.

Make '/ms !boosts [stat]' show moves that aren't just status (AKA Physical and Special moves).

Also, add OR gates to /ms. (The '|' in /ds (f.e. /ds firespin|firepunch))

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
my suggestion:add the command /rps (rock paper scizors) in chat-plugins,code-->http://hastebin.com/eyosomojis.coffee
Hi so, a few problems with this.
1) This is not your code. This belongs to a private server and you shouldn't be passing it off as yours.
2) This code requires a bucks system, which the main server does not have
3) This code requires a db module that main server doesn't have.

If you are gonna take someone else's code, you should probably make sure it's compatible with what you are trying to add it to!

Since my computer has been struggling with the gen 6 sprites. I use gen 5 sprites, and I ended really enjoying them.

But on replays, it's always gen 6 sprites. I thought it would be a good idea to put an option where we can chose to look at gen 5 sprites on replays.

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have a suggestion for Pokemon Showdown!.

Pokémon Showdown!'s own screenshotting system.
Basically, there'd be a button under the "Find a user" button titled "Screenshot".

Using this button would take a screenshot of the Pokemon Showdown! window ONLY. This way, it'd prevent users from screenshotting inappropriate websites or images. The link would be something like play.pokemonshowdown.com/screenshot-1 or something. This screenshotting button would be used to screenshot funny moments, bugs or glitches, to report a user(s), etc., and it would all be usable on Pokémon Showdown! Upon taking a screenshot using PS!, the user would get a pop-up giving you the link and the option to either Copy to Clipboard or Save to Home Page.
Saving to the Home Page would look something like this:

Also, there could be a limit as to how many screenshots you could make at a time, because too many would probably cause highload on the server.

Pros:
  • Most users in Help wouldn't need to ask about how they screenshot.
  • It'd be far easier to screenshot incidents and screenshot on PS! in general.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
This is a reeeeeeally minor suggestion but would be really helpful. So the /learn command tells you if a Pokemon learns a certain move, and if you add more moves, the command will tell you if it is able to learn that group of moves. However, if in that group of moves there is a move that Pokemon cannot learn, instead of the command telling you "<pokemon> cannot learn <move>", it will say "<pokemon> can't learn these moves". To make it more helpful, I think the former should be shown; otherwise we will have to keep adding/removing moves to see which move the Pokemon cannot learn, and it's rather annoying/takes more time that it really needs to.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I'd like to suggest that the lower generation music's would go along with their own music type, instead of some random battle music.

For instance:

Gen1 battle could be: http://downloads.khinsider.com/game...een-blue-yellow/10-battle-trainer-battle-.mp3

So that the music actually lines up with the battle gfx.
it's a good idea but...

"Music is the biggest contributor to PS's server costs so it's fairly unlikely that we'll be able to offer a large variety of music in the near future."

Hello. i registered to make this suggestion :)
Is it possible to implement some kind of "Friend List" to pokemon showdown?
i find myself writing some user names on notepad, wishing i could organize them on a window for future contact (or reference in case of bad players).

it could use the actual "find a user" option, just saving the results and saving them almost like some "teambuilder team"...

Hello. i registered to make this suggestion :)
Is it possible to implement some kind of "Friend List" to pokemon showdown?
i find myself writing some user names on notepad, wishing i could organize them on a window for future contact (or reference in case of bad players).

it could use the actual "find a user" option, just saving the results and saving them almost like some "teambuilder team"...
Yep, this is on the to-do list, but it's not planned for the near future.

Hello! I just had this idea. How about we can customize a set sentence (maybe put a max of characters, as in twitter) to show at the beginning of every battle, like trainers in the game do? Like, you begin a game and as in the SUper Staff Bros metagame, some phrases by voices and higher ups appear right at the beginning of a fight, sentences like "I will crush you!" or similar could also appear? I think it would be a pretty neat touch to Showdown. Hope you like it! ^^

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hello! I just had this idea. How about we can customize a set sentence (maybe put a max of characters, as in twitter) to show at the beginning of every battle, like trainers in the game do? Like, you begin a game and as in the SUper Staff Bros metagame, some phrases by voices and higher ups appear right at the beginning of a fight, sentences like "I will crush you!" or similar could also appear? I think it would be a pretty neat touch to Showdown. Hope you like it! ^^
I really like the idea tbh, but the only thing I'm concerned about it whether people will abuse the features by having inappropriate phrases said so it's just a matter of whether users can really be trusted to use such a feature appropriately.

Last edited:
As a lobby frequenter, I've noticed (and this has happened to me a lot) that people always end up voting an option that they didn't intend to vote for and they're always like "OMG I MEANT TO VOTE FOR OPTION 4" or something of the sort, and it gets kinda annoying. For polls (idk if this has been said before in this thread), maybe after voting, there can be a confirmation message like, "are you sure you want to vote for option 4" or w.e option you picked. Would be cool and would alleviate messages like "OMG CHAT GO SLOW IT MADE ME VOTE FOR THE OPTION UNDER THE ONE I WANTED" (sorry about consistent caps)

I really like the idea tbh, but the only thing I'm concerned about it whether people will abuse the features by having inappropriate phrases said so it's just a matter of whether users can really be trusted to use such a feature appropriately.
What if we can select from a range of pre-set words, as in the games? That way we wouldn't have the problems you say ;)

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but for pokemon showdown when i do random battles. i sometimes come across a team i like. now my suggestion is that maybe after a match is done could you guys possibly make a tab or 2 like view team details or move to team builder page?

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but for pokemon showdown when i do random battles. i sometimes come across a team i like. now my suggestion is that maybe after a match is done could you guys possibly make a tab or 2 like view team details or move to team builder page?
Not on Random Battle, but on Battle Factory it could be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)