Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is things are not random in the slightest, RNG's always follow trends, but obviously we will never know exactly how because we can't see how they programmed it, but you can tell the immediate difference when playing Showdown compared to the actual games when it comes to the RNG that is implemented for battle mechanics. Maybe it was to make it more balanced, i don't know, but there is definitely a difference, and it needs to be changed.
We can see how they programmed it actually, Pokemon Showdown is open source, and you can find all the code in the Github repository.

Hello all!

So I know usage stats are calculated for each tier, which means that the system already registers all the pokemon that are used in each battle and stores this data somewhere. Could this be used to include a "Search for pokemon" option for replays? In my opinion this could lead to greater understanding on how each pokemon is and/or can be played.
Assume I've never used Heracross and want to learn how it fares: I can read the SmogonDex's analysis and get a vague idea of how it can be used, but at the moment if I want to look for replays featuring Heracross I can at best select the metagame I'm interested in and then click furiously on one replay after another scanning team previews and looking for Heracross. With a "Search for pokemon" option I could instead look for Heracross (or 214, whatever is handled better by a hypothetical search system) and then enjoy various replays of either Heracross or Mega Heracross.

What do you think? Is this feasible/possible?

We can see how they programmed it actually, Pokemon Showdown is open source, and you can find all the code in the Github repository.
At a guess, (s)he was saying that Pokemon itself wasn't open source. Still, even without the code you can still figure out the bias with a large sample size.

Hello. From what I was told in the Help room, the feature for pressing the
key after the [space] key in order to fill in the username of the most recent speaker that is still in the chatroom is no longer available. Would it be possible to reimplement this?

Hello. From what I was told in the Help room, the feature for pressing the
key after the [space] key in order to fill in the username of the most recent speaker that is still in the chatroom is no longer available. Would it be possible to reimplement this?

I added this to the approved suggestions list, thanks.

Hello :)
Would it be possible to implement the female Hippowdon art into PS? I know that it´s been done for other pokemon (like jellicent) so it would be pretty cool if hippowdon would be allowed to have all its sprites available as well ~

It's more of a minor suggestion, but could we get "Use the clues to find synonyms to complete the full word. Be careful because this type of question is based on pronunciation. For example, when a clue is "A Letter" the letter may be R but be ar in the word. (ex. Onomatopoeia + Hole + A Letter would be Pupitar. Pew + Pit + Ar)" added as an entry under "/faq psywaves" for the scavengers room? It's a question asked quite frequently and the easiest way to explain it is by copying this text from past editions of A Trivial Showdown.

We NEED to get east sea gastrodon a 3d sprite!!
(I would get a 3d sprite here but i cant find one)

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mentioned this in the SQSA thread, but could you please move Detect to the "Usually useless moves"? Other users suggested uses for it, but they were all incredibly niche as well as Doubles-only (while Wide Guard, a much more common/viable move in doubles, is in the "Usually useless moves"). Detect has no usable niche in Singles because of Protect's higher PP, and right now it seems to be cluttering up the moves list.
Thanks in advance for considering my suggestion.

Hi! I've got OCD, and one thing that really annoys me is that there doesn't seem to be any way of moving the order of your teams creation. Of course, it's possible to import/export them to new places, but if you wanted to move it to a specific location (imagine you've got ten teams and you wanted number nine in slot four) it takes forever. Sorry if I'm missing something, this is my idea. Thanks!

Hi! I've got OCD, and one thing that really annoys me is that there doesn't seem to be any way of moving the order of your teams creation. Of course, it's possible to import/export them to new places, but if you wanted to move it to a specific location (imagine you've got ten teams and you wanted number nine in slot four) it takes forever. Sorry if I'm missing something, this is my idea. Thanks!
Click to hold the team then drag it to the desired position.

Custom Timer
  • Both players vote on how long they want the timer to be at the start
  • both sides can pick what time they want and they can reach an agreement on it if their choices differ
  • can be somewhere between 10 seconds and 5+ minutes
  • useful for cases where you wanna force a game to be played faster and discourage timer stall more (discourages timer exploiting) or or you want both sides to have a lot of time but prevent being afk for like 10 minutes to completely hault a game
  • if timer is not voted on in 30 minutes, neither player can agree, or neither player wants to change the reg time, its the default time
  • if the opp continuously allows the timer to continuously fall a repeated number of times, they forfeit their vote from the beginning if they wanted more time than you and the powers go to you only (can give their power back if you wish) (show that they lost the timer power and ask you if you will grant their timer powers back)
  • have the menu near where the pokemon are chosen before game starts
  • have a bunch of choices ( 30 secs, 1 min, 2 min, etc.) and a custom timer choser (69 seconds if you wish)
  • if desired, one or both of the players can request the timer to be changed mid battle and the timer can be defaulted back to its original time or a different custom time and voting process starts again
Asking for this because playing someone with stall + timerstalling is awful (ask any player this and they will agree)

ok i have a whole list of pokemon

all of these are from red & blue \/

'M (00)MissingNo.▶ Aaゥ (C1)ゥ .4h POKé
PokéWTrainerPkMn (C5)ゥL ゥM 4♀Pゥ ゥゥTゥU?◣ゥ 8PC4SH
PPkMn ◣ nTrainer▼ W G dOPkMn4XPkMn PkMn T4B 8 4 8
ゥ 'M p'u ゥAゥ GPゥ ゥ ゥ4 hGlitch (D7)PkMnaPkMnゥ ♂ fPkMnk
PkMnRPkMn "B (DA)Glitch (DB)Glitch (DC)7PkMn 'v-PkMn.PkMn
/PkMn ▼PkMn'v……ゥ (E3)Glitch (E4)C- -
Pゥ 4$X CcA (EA)Glitch (EB)Glitch (EC)hゥ
.gゥ$'Mゥ$ (F0)94ゥ l (F2)ゥ l (F3)ゥ$ (F4)
ゥ (F5)G'Mp'Ng'Mp'Ng ゥ$94 hGlitch (FA)'M 'N gO
ゥ$ 6ゥ'M (FE)'M (FF)

these are all from yellow

3TrainerPoké $MissingNo.4 44 4 Hy♀ .pPkMnp' 'ゥ ( Z4
X ゥ- xゥ,4. .ァ7gug gァ / g J 1Glitch (CA)
. pゥ.8ゥ. BPkMn pゥぁ ゥぇ (CE)4, ゥァ (CF)ゥ'B ァ h
PkMn ? Aゥゥ)ゥ (D4)'ゥ.PkMn pゥぁ ゥぇ (D6)B (D7)PkMn (D8)
ゥ (D9)]ゥ' BPkMn (DC)4, ゥァ (DD)8 (DE)p ID
8 P ァ'r 'r 4(h4to894 89 48B 4 8Z ゥ9
ゥHIゥ.4(h4hi?$4HI?'r ゥ$ Pゥ. 4(?/4(h4?
ゥ► ゥ▼ ゥh 4Pゥ ゥ.... ゥ ( .I' .' B' ゥゥ ゥェ ゥ ▷ゥ $ A (F3)♂ p ゥ
▼ pゥゥ $ A (F6)PkMn (F7)ゥ 4- 4$ゥ▾ ゥ♂F q ,
ゥ$ 4MN ゥ× 'rゥ. 4-ゥ/ 4ァ 4,Q ◣

all these are from gen 2-6

?????Glitch EggGlitch Unown

-???????????Bad EggÓË {e Ai

-----Bad EggGeneration IV hybrid

-----Bad Egg

Bad EggGeneration VI 724+ glitch Pokémon

ps all are glitch pokemon :) if you can add some thank you and all of these should all clickable.
thank you Zarel

These are moves that they would lean and what they do

--

Main article: -- (move)
Index no.TypePowerAccuracyBasePPEffectAppearanceIn Generation II
Hex
Dec

00000CoolTrainer♀——0/13TMTRAINER effect and other Super Glitch effects—It has the appearance ofRapid Spin and the effect of Toxic. May harm the game if used in a cave.

Super Glitch
Main article: Super Glitch (move)
Index no.TypePowerAccuracyBasePPEffectAppearanceIn Generation II
Hex
Dec

A6-C3166-195Glitch———TMTRAINER effect (and others)—Many

WHAT THEY DO:

The common TMTRAINER effect usually follows this pattern:

1. The opponent will acquire the burn status.
  2. The music will fade, and when it fades completely, a sound effect will usually play.
  3. Presuming that all in-battle processes were previously running as they should have been, when a move or item is used, the following text will be displayed: "Enemy [glitch dialogue, which often takes up a large amount of space] TMTRAINER (Species) is frozen solid!" The glitch text is now the corrupted enemy Pokémon's name.
  4. Then, the following text will be displayed: "Enemy [glitch dialogue occupying a large amount of space] TMTRAINER (Species) is hurt by the burn!"
  5. The enemy Pokémon's health bar will wrap across the screen several times and slowly deplete for several minutes, in which time, the enemy Pokémon may faint.
If the player is battling a Trainer, the opponent will send out the Pokémon that was in battle before the glitch activated. In Pokémon Red and Blue, the game will freeze upon finishing the battle, unless the fight occurred in a cave. In Pokémon Yellow, the TMTRAINER effect does not crash the game; however, after returning back to the overworld, the sprite graphics will become scrambled.

Super glitch

The most famous scenario is a chain of events starting with the music slowly fading out before stopping altogether known as the 'TMTRAINER effect'. The opponent's name then changes to "TMTRAINER" followed by several lines of glitch dialogue, and the HP of his or her Pokémon rises to a very large value which is often larger than the amount of max HP that the opponent Pokémon has, which causes the HP bar to stretch and wrap around the screen (the filled part the bar also instantly jumps from empty to full repeatedly before fainting (0HP) during damage animation due to the fact that the calculations to display how much fill in the bar in percent has been overflowed, thus causing the fill to wrap between empty and full). It will display that the enemy Pokémon is poisoned, but the game will state that it is frozen solid, followed by the enemy Pokémon becoming hurt by a burn. This burn will often deplete all of the enemy Pokémon's health, causing the giant HP bar to loop several times before all the HP is depleted, causing it to faint. If the battle is won before the game freezes, the glitch Pokémon that used Super Glitch may grow to a random level (sometimes even exceeding level 100). Also, sometimes many random Pokémon not part of the player's team evolve right after a battle. On such cases, Pokémon that cannot evolve can evolve into themselves.

Super Glitch is possible to activate outside of battle. By having a Pokémon that knows Super Glitch learn another move by level, the glitch will activate, just without the TMTRAINER effect, as you are not in battle. An example of this happening is Q◣, which will learn Mega Punch at level 11. However, if it knows Super Glitch, then the effects will activate as if the player had just exited a battle using the glitch.

On occasion, a player may return to the game after a battle in which Super Glitch was used, but everything will be severely messed up. It will appear as if some Pokémon are poisoned in the player's team as every few steps a Pokémon faints. However, these Pokémon have glitchy names and were never part of the player's team before the battle. Some positions of the map will be glitchy and volatile, as if parts of Glitch City merged with the regular map. The player's name will have changed to a scrambled string of symbols. The player will be unable to view his or her Pokémon (if the Pokémon option is selected in the menu, a blank screen will show from which one can't escape) and hence it becomes impossible to Surf or Fly. Pokémon will disappear out of the Pokédex after taking a few steps. The music everywhere (except in battle) becomes eerie and glitched. The game may unexpectedly freeze at any point. The player may also randomly get stuck.

ALL CREDIT GO TO:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

hello! :) i have a few suggestions for team builder and command search.

1. having a bar for moves, the bar has the same concept as the stats bar when searching a pkmn in tb
2. a command to search reduction moves to either player's pkmn (i tried asking in the help room if there was a command for this but they only knew the /ms boosts command)
3. an option or command to search an eff/descrip. of a move, for ex. if i look for moves that ohko or have ohko in the descrip. like sheer cold, it shows all those moves. (basically a filter) another ex. can be: lets say im looking for raise's the users or lower's the target's kind of moves, all of those moves will pop up
4. no more event cap, there is no reason to completely change a pkmn or its skin just because you get an error saying, "{PKMN Name} is only obtainable via event - it needs to match one of its events.". its pointless. this is pkmn showdown not the gts noticing your pokedits lol
5. shows the descrip of an illegal move but still shows an illegal sign if the pkmn cant use that move
6. a friends list/contact list, and also group chat

theres probably more but i cant think of them currently, thanks in advanced :D

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hello! :) i have a few suggestions for team builder and command search.

1. having a bar for moves, the bar has the same concept as the stats bar when searching a pkmn in tb
You can already type a move into the teambuilder to filter out the Pokémon that can learn it, and you can type things like "fire" into the moves; this example would show all Fire-type moves (the ones that the Pokémon can learn at the top).
2. a command to search reduction moves to either player's pkmn (i tried asking in the help room if there was a command for this but they only knew the /ms boosts command)
There are lists on other sites you can use of all the moves that raise or lower stats, such as Bulbapedia's. As far as I know there's nothing like that here.
3. an option or command to search an eff/descrip. of a move, for ex. if i look for moves that ohko or have ohko in the descrip. like sheer cold, it shows all those moves. (basically a filter) another ex. can be: lets say im looking for raise's the users or lower's the target's kind of moves, all of those moves will pop up
That's a good idea but it seems like would take a long time to implement.
4. no more event cap, there is no reason to completely change a pkmn or its skin just because you get an error saying, "{PKMN Name} is only obtainable via event - it needs to match one of its events.". its pointless. this is pkmn showdown not the gts noticing your pokedits lol
You're probably thinking of illegal combinations like Defog Static Zapdos. This isn't because it's only from an event (otherwise Jirachi would be banned lol) but because Defog Static Zapdos is impossible to get, in this instance because Zapdos could only learn Defog through the HM in Gen IV, when its Hidden Ability wasn't released.
5. shows the descrip of an illegal move but still shows an illegal sign if the pkmn cant use that move
Ok, from the rest of this list I can gather that you just want to have a way to more easily categorize moves. If that's the case then I recommend typing in the Pokémon Smeargle into the teambuilder. Since Smeargle can learn any move, you should have an easier time.
I agree that the "illegal" thing can get annoying when playing, say, Balanced Hackmons, though.
6. a friends list/contact list, and also group chat

theres probably more but i cant think of them currently, thanks in advanced :D
A friend list might be kind of neat; not sure if this has been said already.
Also, welcome to Smogon.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
when i do /roomauth [room], the bolded names are supposed to show that that user is online. however, it shows that the user is online in that room, so if they are online but not in that room, it is not bolded. the names should be bolded if the user is online regardless whether or not they are in the room

eg:
upload_2016-6-26_19-39-6.png

lunarixis is online in ct but not survivor, his name isn't bolded. it should be to show that he is online on the server but not in the room

when i do /roomauth [room], the bolded names are supposed to show that that user is online. however, it shows that the user is online in that room, so if they are online but not in that room, it is not bolded. the names should be bolded if the user is online regardless whether or not they are in the room

eg:
View attachment 64538

lunarixis is online in ct but not survivor, his name isn't bolded. it should be to show that he is online on the server but not in the room
What about underlining if they are in the same room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)