Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is to make custom games a metagame playable on the ladder. They seem rather popular for an unladdered metagame, and I think they would have quite the respectable audience. Who wouldn't want to play a metagame where you can legally use missingno.? Right now the only way to play them is to challenge a specific user, which is less than ideal, because you have to pester a bunch of people and very rarely get teams of an appropriate difficulty level.
Custom format is entirely for testing - missingno isn't a competitive pokemon. Hackmons is a close variant and competitive alternative to custom games. This has been suggested previously but won't be added.

Recently I've found out a problem in PS! server. Although the server can recognise a person's alts, it cannot provide the function to block the pm from the alts when another user ignores that person. Therefore, there are people who abuses this problem in the ignore system and keep on creating alts to annoy other users. Therefore I hope the moderators can fix this issue in the ignore system, and make it capable of blocking all accounts from a person.

I have a suggestion. Why can't roomvoices make gchats. I remember having a discussion with some other people about this a while back and I know that right now, you have to be a confirmed user to make a gchat. While roomvoices don't have power like drivers+ do, its not like voices are going to create the gchats that caused them being locked to confirmed users anyway (and not everybody like it was before) because they have something to lose. And if they do surely it would be very easy to track that user down regardless?

EDIT: The ladder tour room has everyone as roomvoice so you could probably just exclude people who only have roomvoice in that room. Same for any future room similar to that.

Last edited:
Hi there~

Sorry if this suggestion was already asked but I'm going for it

We all know that the only way to report someone is to contact a gmod/gdriver with screenshots. I was wondering if it was possible to create a /report command. When doing this command it will show up a link where you can report someone. In this link that's how I'll see the page :

Reported user : write his username

Reason(s) : multiple choices (Inappropriate username, spamming, harassment, impersonnating staff)

Details : additional details (not necessary tho)

Screenshots : proofs (not necessary but recommended)

And in the bottom right there will be the date and the user who made the report. If that would happen it'll need a lot of improvments but it's just the beginning/idead

Thanks for reading,

Screamouts~

I have a suggestion. Why can't roomvoices make gchats. I remember having a discussion with some other people about this a while back and I know that right now, you have to be a confirmed user to make a gchat. While roomvoices don't have power like drivers+ do, its not like voices are going to create the gchats that caused them being locked to confirmed users anyway (and not everybody like it was before) because they have something to lose. And if they do surely it would be very easy to track that user down regardless?

EDIT: The ladder tour room has everyone as roomvoice so you could probably just exclude people who only have roomvoice in that room. Same for any future room similar to that.
Some rooms use room voice for tour wins, games that require modchat etc. There's no need to forbid rooms from using the voice status in various ways just to allow groupchats for voices.
Hi there~

Sorry if this suggestion was already asked but I'm going for it

We all know that the only way to report someone is to contact a gmod/gdriver with screenshots. I was wondering if it was possible to create a /report command. When doing this command it will show up a link where you can report someone. In this link that's how I'll see the page :

Reported user : write his username

Reason(s) : multiple choices (Inappropriate username, spamming, harassment, impersonnating staff)

Details : additional details (not necessary tho)

Screenshots : proofs (not necessary but recommended)

And in the bottom right there will be the date and the user who made the report. If that would happen it'll need a lot of improvments but it's just the beginning/idead

Thanks for reading,

Screamouts~
We're still thinking about ways to roll it out. We actually did have a report command but it was removed the same day due to abuse.

Hi there~

Here's an suggestion :

Create a different format where you can try out some mons before a suspect test. When I say "format" I mean a PTR (Public Test Realm) functionnality. I've thought about this idea recently. For example, in 2015 we had a suspect test about Aegislash coming back to OU. We had some possibilities for example Aegi coming back but without King's Shield. Now there were some questions about the metagame itself : will it be stable, are fairy types going to be weaker, will stall disappear ect...ANd the problem was we couldn't test anything. We were only able to test it with custom game which is only possible by challenging. That was my idea : to create a PTR-like functionnality. I don't think suspect test can do that. I think the use of the suspect test is to acquire coil to vote. But when it comes to test something there's nothing so yeah.

Thanks for reading,

Screamouts~

When voting for polls could we get something that says "are you sure you want to pick this option" or something along those lines

I and many others(based on what I read in chat) often pick a choice that we didn't want because the chat moved up from people talking.
This doesn't really do much since most polls are for fun but for the tournament room they often use this to pick the next tournament. Sometimes the results are really close and could have easily been different because a few people clicked on the wrong one.

Rather than just being able to check a box, earn the right to use Shiny pokemon by winning tournaments, winning ranked games (with said pokemon?), or achieving other goals related to Showdown.

It makes the shiny aspect of Pokemon meaningful again, and rare. It also can promote the use of less popular Pokemon.

Does not apply to Pokemon who require it for certain movesets (extremespeed suicune/raikou/entei) etc. So there is no competitive integrity lost.

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When voting for polls could we get something that says "are you sure you want to pick this option" or something along those lines

I and many others(based on what I read in chat) often pick a choice that we didn't want because the chat moved up from people talking.
This doesn't really do much since most polls are for fun but for the tournament room they often use this to pick the next tournament. Sometimes the results are really close and could have easily been different because a few people clicked on the wrong one.
For this problem in polls, there's an option to vote in the chat. You'd type /poll vote (insert option number). That way you don't have to worry about the chat scrolling and your vote counting on an option you didn't intend to. Hope this helps!

A simple text editor to jot down notes for your teams, strategies, and the like would go a long way.

Certainly I'm not the only one with a notepad file full of threats to my teams, possible tweaks, or plans for future teams.
So....still a no go on this?

I think a lot of people would benefit from simply being able add notes to their team or individual pokemon. Something more immediately accessible than a word document or pad of paper.

Wishful thinking here, but it would also be cool if there was a option you could check while in a battle that would display your notes as well.

Can we please make it so we can see who won/lost tour games in chat again? like when it said "Example One lost the game 0 - 1 against Example Two" in bold.

Or as an alternative you could implement a command for it such as "/tourresults, hide/show" or something that makes it so the room owner/mod that started the tour has the option to make it so users can see the results in chat like before, or keep the results hidden, thanks.

Can we please make it so we can see who won/lost tour games in chat again? like when it said "Example One lost the game 0 - 1 against Example Two" in bold.

Or as an alternative you could implement a command for it such as "/tourresults, hide/show" or something that makes it so the room owner/mod that started the tour has the option to make it so users can see the results in chat like before, or keep the results hidden, thanks.
you can still see who won in the tournament, the "battle between user x and user y!" becomes "user x has won 5-2 against user y" instead of creating a new line of text. alternatively you can use the pop out button to see who has won in the brackets (however a command for results would be nice for mobile users who cant pop out the brackets)

Is there any way to get informations or statistics what Pokémon were sent out as leads? That would be really helpful to investigate any interesting leads to keep in mind when teambuilding?

SparksBlade Thanks bro, but my bad for explaining it miserably, lol!

I was looking for a potential "Doubles"-lead-usage, so how much did people send out Kangaskhan / Smeargle, Kangaskhan / Xerneas and so on :)

Excuse me!

SparksBlade Thanks bro, but my bad for explaining it miserably, lol!

I was looking for a potential "Doubles"-lead-usage, so how much did people send out Kangaskhan / Smeargle, Kangaskhan / Xerneas and so on :)

Excuse me!
the link sparksblade gave has vgc leads, just use ctrl + f (or whatever you use to search) and search for vgc

Hi there~

Here's a small suggestion :

When joining a PS tournament, during every matches, there will be an /autoblockpm command that will block player's pm during their fights. I
It's basically the same for Smogon tournaments. That's to prevent ghosting

Thanks for reading,

Screamouts~

Hello all!

So I know usage stats are calculated for each tier, which means that the system already registers all the pokemon that are used in each battle and stores this data somewhere. Could this be used to include a "Search for pokemon" option for replays? In my opinion this could lead to greater understanding on how each pokemon is and/or can be played.
Assume I've never used Heracross and want to learn how it fares: I can read the SmogonDex's analysis and get a vague idea of how it can be used, but at the moment if I want to look for replays featuring Heracross I can at best select the metagame I'm interested in and then click furiously on one replay after another scanning team previews and looking for Heracross. With a "Search for pokemon" option I could instead look for Heracross (or 214, whatever is handled better by a hypothetical search system) and then enjoy various replays of either Heracross or Mega Heracross.

What do you think? Is this feasible/possible?
So, still no opinions on this one?

Is there any possibility to add custom challenge that enforces intergenerational tiers and to be integrated into tournament system? For example, I'd like to host XY Ubers room tournaments with proper legality. This extends to bw1, ruby and sapphire, and etc. I'm not asking for ladder or anything. This can be just a command for users who know what they're doing.

I would like to see a tier called "Stat Switch" come to Pokemon showdown where all the stats are switched with its counterpart.

HP <---> Speed
Atk <---> SpA
Def <---> SpD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)