Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Popping in to point out Greninja is just a combination of moves from previous fighters.
  • Water Shuriken & Aura Sphere are both chargeable projectiles
  • Substitute and Double Team look entirely identical (user vanishes then sweeps from one side)
  • Aqua Jet recovery seems to behave identically to Pikachu's Quick Attack recovery
  • Greninja's teleport/vanish is literally MK's Dimensional Cape reskined (he can even attack out of it)
  • Up-Tilt is every over-head sweeping strike we've had before
  • Up-Smash is just Greninja's version of Sheik's Up-Smash
  • And the rest of his tilts are generic Kicks every other character has

Some unknown server bug will be there as soon as the game ships, and Nintendo being Nintendo will take their time fixing it. It will have numerous effects, buy the most notable will be that players' connections will time out in For Glory mode when a character other than Fox is selected.

I've been hype since Mega Man. With every pic of the day it just gets more hype. I'm just glad we know when to expect the games to come out instead of keeping us in the dark until a wild last minute delay appears. FOR GLORY MODE IS THE BEST IDEA EVAR.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Popping in to point out Greninja is just a combination of moves from previous fighters.
  • Water Shuriken & Aura Sphere are both chargeable projectiles
  • Substitute and Double Team look entirely identical (user vanishes then sweeps from one side)
  • Aqua Jet recovery seems to behave identically to Pikachu's Quick Attack recovery
  • Greninja's teleport/vanish is literally MK's Dimensional Cape reskined (he can even attack out of it)
  • Up-Tilt is every over-head sweeping strike we've had before
  • Up-Smash is just Greninja's version of Sheik's Up-Smash
  • And the rest of his tilts are generic Kicks every other character has
I dont mind, their are worse offenders (Cough Cough Wolf and Pichu)

He's a completely different character from Fox. Even his specials function very differently (Wolf's laser fires slowly, travels slowly, fizzles out, and stuns you. Fox's laser fires and travels extremely fast, goes on forever, and does no hitstun whatsoever. Wolf's side-b is a vertical and horizontal recovery, Fox's is only the latter. Fox's down-b sucks, and Wolf's up-b sucks).

If Wolf gets cut but Falco AKA "Fox with different lasers and down air" comes back, I won't be happy.

Last edited:
Cause Mega Charizard Y be also included in the game. I would love to see Charizard with 2 Final Smashes. Maybe with X being a controllable and Y being a nuke Final Smash? Fits their role in competitive play too

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
He's a completely different character from Fox. Even his specials function very differently (Wolf's laser fires slowly, travels slowly, fizzles out, and stuns you. Fox's laser fires and travels extremely fast, goes on forever, and does no hitstun whatsoever. Wolf's side-b is a vertical and horizontal recovery, Fox's is only the latter. Fox's down-b sucks, and Wolf's up-b sucks).

If Wolf gets cut but Falco AKA "Fox with different lasers and down air" comes back, I won't be happy.
Their final smash is exactly the same though

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So that just leaves:
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Mr. G&W
Ike
ROB
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Ness
Capt. Falcon
Wario
Falco
Snake

Left unannounced from Brawl. I don't think Snake, ROB, Lucas and Wolf will come back. Ike might if Sakurai keeps the 2 FE reps only.

EDIT: Who would make the best Advance Wars rep? My vote goes to Sami.

Oh.... I get it now....
Charizard: Most popular old pokemon
Greninja: Most popular new pokemon (except maybe Talonflame, but Greninja was more practical)

Sorry Mewtwo, but the OG fire starter holds to strong a place in many hearts.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh.... I get it now....
Greninja: Most popular new pokemon (except maybe Talonflame, but Greninja was more practical)

With Stage bosses a thing, do you think it's plausible that Mewtwo will appear as one? I imagine, with Pokemon's huge cast of giant monsters, there would be atleast one Poke-themed boss.

chimp

Go Bananas
What makes you think that ROB won't be coming back? I've heard this a bunch of times from other people and I don't get the reasoning.
I think its just because ROB is offbeat and was seemingly put in to be unexpected, like Wii Fit Trainer. Though since Mr. G&W was in both Melee and Brawl, ROB making it into SSB4 would not surprise me; but if push comes to shove, I can see ROB going.

With Stage bosses a thing, do you think it's plausible that Mewtwo will appear as one? I imagine, with Pokemon's huge cast of giant monsters, there would be atleast one Poke-themed boss.
Eh, I don't know about Mewtwo being a stage boss. Rayquaza as a boss worked out well because he's literally the 4th largest Pokemon. Mewtwo's not very big (well, he's 6'7" but that's not big for a giant boss). I just don't think Mewtwo could pull it off like Rayquaza did.

Oh.... I get it now....

Not true, Xerneas/Yveltal are more popular, but I'm guessing you didn't count them.

I think its just because ROB is offbeat and was seemingly put in to be unexpected, like Wii Fit Trainer. Though since Mr. G&W was in both Melee and Brawl, ROB making it into SSB4 would not surprise me; but if push comes to shove, I can see ROB going.
I think Sakurai cares more about what the characters bring to the game rather than what each franchise brings to the game. ROB is an interesting and unique character as far as his fighting style goes, just like Zero Suit Samus, for instance. Wanting to preserve that will probably go beyond the fact that it's really fucking weird to see ROB as a nintendo mascot.

Mewtwo actually does make sense here. Most of the other pokemon you'd think of are already in the pokeballs of the game (Arceus, Deoxys, I think Xerneas/Yveltal but I can't remember). Brawl had Rayquaza, who wasn't a pokeball summon in the game, so I don't think it's a stretch to have Mewtwo as a boss. The reason Mewtwo was replaced was because he wasn't deemed sufficiently different from Lucario, and it's unlikely that even if he were reinserted into the game that that fact would change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)