Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Merry Christmas fellow Pokemon Showdown gamers

As a gift, here’s some nonsensical Deo-S calcs.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 355-419 (90.1 - 106.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Fighting Deoxys-Speed Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 562-663 (109.3 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 454-536 (128.2 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 282-333 (74.6 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 256-302 (80.5 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gonna rant a little, ok? There Are Too Many Dark Types In The Tier! Like Ting-Lu? Like Zamazenta? Kingambit? Well too bad! Cause without them your team is trash! Get engulfed in the darkness that is SV OU! Roaring Moon? Get’em outta here! Kingambit? Get’em outta here! Darkrai? Mid? Yeah fucking right! Anything that doesn’t resist folds to that fucker! That’s just the three I hate the most. Meowscarada, Sam-H, Weavile can all jump off a cliff!

Merry Christmas ya’ll! :)

Perish trap dewgong is op. Freeing bundle seems reasonable to me.
This is what I would actually be using if I were to run Dewgong in OU:

Dewgong @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Fairy / Poison / Dark / Water / Electric / Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off / Ice Beam
- Flip Turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Slow U-Turns are always useful, and this guy also has extra resistances to Fire and Ice, regardless of the typing. Knock Off is one of the best moves of the game, but Ice Beam threatens Gliscor.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Okay so this is probably obvious but Meowscarada is so good right now, I feel like when it dropped to UU it was just really missing coverage moves to really put it over the top since it already had access to Knock Off (Progress), Flower Trick (Crit through boosts), U-Turn (Pivot), and Sucker Punch (Priority), and Spikes. It getting a multi-hit move with Protean officially makes it the best starter this generation. With Triple Axel you can break most defensive cores if you think about it, something has to probably catch you on the tera which is an extremely good trade but I feel like Meow is super good into fat teams / stall. Meow will never drop into UU ever again calling it right now.

:meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn / Low Kick
- Triple Axel

Last edited:
It's late for me to say this (I'm in the land down under and it's the 26th), but merry christmas. It's been a wild ride and I hope that your spending it with loved ones and enjoying your time.

Allow me to present to you, this shitpost of a set

Leavanny @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat/Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off/Low Kick
- Triple Axel
- Trailblaze/Lunge
That's right, Leavanny can possibly sweep, it has a decent Physical movepool now
EDIT: Bonus Vulpix/Volbeat/Murkrow sets to support it
Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Incinerate
we are going more support than damage here
Volbeat (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
Again, support over damage
Murkrow @ Heat Rock
Tera Type: Dark
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Psychic Noise
- U-turn
I won't repeat myself

Last edited:
Allow me to present to you, this shitpost of a set

Leavanny @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat/Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off/Low Kick
- Triple Axel
- Trailblaze/Lunge
That's right, Leavanny can possibly sweep, it has a decent Physical movepool now
EDIT: Bonus Vulpix/Volbeat/Murkrow sets to support it
Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Incinerate
we are going more support than damage here
Volbeat (M) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
Again, support over damage
Murkrow @ Heat Rock
Tera Type: Dark
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Psychic Noise
- U-turn
I won't repeat myself
Baller sets, I love when people use mons or sets that while they may not be the absolute best, they are unique.

Also, I've found tera water assault vest sandy shocks is quite good into weather teams as it can couner sun, rain and sand (though the first two are way more common than sand) right now.
Sandy Shocks @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt

I don’t really get why they gave the ugly ass cat triple axel, I guess it is GF fave this gen. They want her to be what Gren or Cinde were in their debut gens.

Anyway, I am loving Hydrapple rn, hope at least it can sneak one month in OU. She is fun to use!

I don’t really get why they gave the ugly ass cat triple axel, I guess it is GF fave this gen. They want her to be what Gren or Cinde were in their debut gens.

Anyway, I am loving Hydrapple rn, hope at least it can sneak one month in OU. She is fun to use!
Skeledirge is good, and sometimes top 10, in Ubers, before Indigo Disk gave it Scorching Sands, Alluring Voice, and Psychic Noise
Edit: Skeledirge doesn't have Psychic Noise? I could have sworn it did
Edit the second: I will release my full analysis on Skeledirge somewhere, someone please tell me where to put it, and please give me a link to that place

merry wishmas everyone, merry wishmas!

IMG_2272.gif

Hazard santa! (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

- Thunder Wave

this set should be only really be used on hazard stack, its niche comes from its ability to outspeed base 90s and 95s without losing bulk and good role compression, spreading paralysis, pivoting, setting stealth rock and checking kingambit, tera fairy helps it do well against it great tusk which otherwise destroys it, 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe evs can also be used to outspeed the more crowded base 100 tier While keeping 386 hp and 310 defense at level 100, so its most certainly a potential C rank pokemon with unique merits, but this was also written because i did a thread on it and its a special day to some people, you can test this out on hazard stack to see if its actually good or if father christmas is a phony

Merry christmas everyone! yes ik it's already the 26th, idc As a late christmas present, I'd like to try and shed some light on a relatively underrated mon that offers a lot of role compression in 1 slot; that being :cobalion: . Now, I see that I've been beaten to the punch on this by a poster not too far above, however I'd like to offer my own twist onto the mon that can help it compress even more value in 1 slot:

:sv/cobalion:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Fairy/Water/Flying
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Body Press
- Volt Switch
- Iron Defense
- Stealth Rock

With this set, you get a (fast) rocks setter (that beats almost every hazard remover 1v1), a pivot (whose volt switch isn't so easily stopped by almost any ground type in the tier), an emergency check to various physically boosting threats, and even a possible wincon vs teams that only have (non ghost) physical attackers left. Now let's not get things twisted; iron defense is NOT a sweeping tool; :cobalion: faces too many obstacles in ou to truly threaten sweeps on teams, especially with its checks being relatively resilient; rather, iron defense is meant as a reactive/responsive tool to keep pace with various boosting physical threats, neutralizing the damage of their boosted hits and allowing you to crush them in return with your own boosted body press off of your already solid defense. Now, let's adress some questions that're most likely going through your mind as you're reading this:

Why would I use this over the various steel type ironpressers in the tier with already established roles/place in the meta?
Well, let's take the most common examples case by case here:
:archaludon: : You're much faster, have stab on body press, can proactively boost said move without relying on getting hit first, and most vitally, can pivot out of bad matchups for momentum. It also resists all of dark/steel/ice, letting it take on the dark type threats much more securely without tera.
:corviknight: / :skarmory: : Most of the above points apply here, and :cobalion: in general is much proactive than either of them, letting it keep pace with the rest of its team better for the mot part (the birds do have their own advantages which make them preferrable in certain playstyles though)
:iron treads: : This mon is typically used as a suicide lead/occasional emergency check to things, thus making it much less resilient later on in the match. Also doesn't really do much to most opposing ground types.

Ok, but how well does it take on literally anything ACTUALLY? Does it really actually beat all those hazard removers on its own?
Well first of all, let's get the most obvious bit out of the way:
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 236-278 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
If THIS eq doesn't ohko, none of the other ones on this tier come even remotely close to doing so, meaning you can always get at least one move off vs any ground type (barring headlong rush tusk) in a pinch. With that in mind, let's see how well it takes on the majority of mons that may try to spin away its rocks. All of this is assuming said mons are coming in as you click stealth rock, with both sides at full.

:great tusk:
252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. +2 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 132-156 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 205-243 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. -2 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 412-486 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs offensive :great tusk: , the ideal sequence is iron defensing twice and then body pressing it down after its defenses are dropped enough. However, if you must simply get off dmg vs it asap, +2 is already sufficient for the job. Physdef sets are literally just setup fodder whose uninvested eqs tink after a few boosts. Bulk up sets are by far the scariest, and it's VITAL that you boost to max/start getting off damage on them before they catch up and outmuscle you. Still, quite an impressive showing vs something that one would assume shuts you down hard.

:iron treads:
252 SpA Iron Treads Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 264-312 (81.7 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Treads: 444-524 (138.3 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ok this is admittely pretty scary and if you lose the 50/50s then you're in huge trouble; however, the fact that it wins like this at all is still pretty impressive all things considered.

:corviknight:
252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. +2 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 56-66 (17.3 - 20.4%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 181-214 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Without its own iron defense, :corviknight: is just setup fodder that's forced to u turn out to hopefully something that can actually beat you; however its rocky helmet damage can be annoying so if you know it has that, try knocking it off with a teammate first before committing to this.

:cyclizar:
0 SpA Cyclizar Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 214-252 (66.2 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cyclizar: 368-434 (106.9 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Idk how much spa it runs for the move, if it even does at all, but regardless it obviously just loses from full.

Not gonna bother posting :maushold: :cinccino: getting splattered as you can already guess how it goes, although just for the heck of it:
252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 120-140 (37.1 - 43.3%) -- approx. 75.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sadly the threat of encore/tera ghost (its most common choice) does make this shakier than it should be, but with that outside of the picture then you emerge victorious.

:glimmora:
252 SpA Glimmora Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 258-304 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Glimmora: 283-334 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

This isn't super realistic since it's a lead set, can't actually remove hazards vs you, and ALSO often packs tera ghost, but I felt like including it in anyway for the sake of completion.

And lastly, just for the sake of it: :torkoal:
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 148-175 (43.1 - 51%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
8 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion in Sun: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
....Yeah no don't even bother with this, just volt out of it asap unless you're insane enough to tera water/fire in front of it and really want to just try to remove it asap. Committing to such a tera choice seems like a death sentence vs all those sun sweepers in the back though....

But what about setup sweepers?
:gouging fire:
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Heat Crash (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 234-276 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 258-304 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 220-261 (62.6 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Literally gets stuffed without flare blitz/raging fire, even unboosted. If it does have either of those moves and/or sun support, you may need to tera to survive, but the fact that it can even do this at all is impressive. Vs the bulwark sets mentioned by other people above, it's ideal to keep iron defensing on their protection turns to avoid burns and do more damage afterwards. It's gonna come down to mindgames but eh, what can you do? Also, tera water stuffs it completely without outrage, and tera fairy stuffs it without flare blitz.

:dragonite:
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. +2 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 124-146 (38.3 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 67-79 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
These are just sample calcs; while you may need tera/gterrain support, you can outpace its boosting with iron defense to become invincible barring a crit.
+6 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 135-159 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
This seems bad until you realize dnite can't just roost out of it, as it'll then become neutral to the move and thus die even faster to it.

:gliscor:
+6 0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. +6 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 138-164 (42.7 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 160-189 (45.4 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
Rather scary without tera, but if they don't keep swords dancing as you iron defense, you might be able to tank enough/deal enough damage to win first. Tera can help with this if need be.

:kingambit:
+6 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. +6 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 147-174 (45.5 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Kingambit: 222-261 (55.5 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
This matchup in particular has a ton of variations which I'm not gonna run calcs for all of them. I'm simply picking out the worst possible case scenario here (although realistically it's scarier in practice because if you come in as :kingambit: swords dances, you're playing catch-up which can give the latter the chance to overwhelm you first. And ofc, if it simply packs the tech;
+6 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Low Kick (120 BP) vs. +6 0 HP / 252 Def Cobalion: 294-346 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
You're smoked, unless you already know it has it and preemptively tera beforehand. And tera fairy on :cobalion: does indeed let you completely stuff :kingambit: variants without iron head. ....Unless, ofc, it reveals tera ghost and renders all the above paragraph moot and void. why is the mon still in the tier again

I could go on and on but I think I've flooded the post with enough calcs for now. Hopefully I've illustrated that the mon does have a genuine purpose in the tier on certain offensive structures that benefit from its unique set of qualities. It's far from a tier mainstay or anything; it's useless vs any (tera) ghost type, has mediocre special bulk leaving it vulnerable to getting beaten easily by stronger special hits, and in general may require tera to fully do its job due to its typing being somewhat shaky vs the commonly ran ground/fighting coverage of its targets. Oh, and there IS a ground type that can actually block its volt switch:
:sandy shocks:
252+ SpA Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 404-476 (125 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sandy Shocks: 267-315 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

And lastly/disappointingly, the mon isn't all that strong without a boost, limiting the scope of even targets you'd think it can do decently against otherwise:
252 Def Cobalion Body Press vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 248-294 (64.2 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 356-420 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Nonetheless, I've been impressed by the mon's overall performance so far and it's done its job well enough, so long as you're proactive enough with its usage (read: DON'T wait until the threats it's meant to check are at >+2 atk or higher before sending it in, lest you take 70%+ before even getting your first iron defense off and just dying in vain for nothing). It certainly appreciates support from teammates to truly reciprocate its value: :rillaboom: with its grassy terrain not only lets you heal 12% per turn with leftovers, but most vitally halves eq's damage, letting you essentially hard counter all of the threats mentioned above and many others; :slowking-galar: takes on many of the special attacks aimed at :cobalion:, beats fairies with its own stab sludge bomb so you don't have to bother yourself, and can also use its own pivoting move to bring you in safely vs appropriate threats, while its future sight pairs well with your fighting stab. (as an aside, while :cobalion: does learn heavy slam, nobody seems to keep fairies vs it at first, and the move also tinks vs tera fairy :kingambit: :garganacl: especially uninvested, thus making it relatively pointless; if I could fit another move onto the set it'd definitely be taunt to give the mon even greater value vs bulkier playstyles, but alas no room on this set).

There's many other potential teammates that synergize well with it, and I even made a team with it highlighting many of its strengths and more, and posted it in the bazaar here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ou-bazaar-the-indigo-disk-edition.3732673/#post-9901601 Sadly I don't have any up-to-date replays with it due to not having played basically at all these recent days, but I did get fairly high on the ladder (~1700+) with the team on 2 accounts so far, so I can vouch for its effectiveness if anyone wants to give it a try. Although one thing the poster above got me wondering though, is if I should indeed drop some evs from speed into bulk (but I'd keep max defense for maximum body press damage); max speed outruns :garchomp: non booster :sandy shocks: :iron treads: and non scarf :enamorus: :keldeo: which can let you get at least 1 more move off vs them in a pinch, but most of these aren't favorable matchups for :cobalion: in the first place, which can admittely make the added speed tier seem unneccesary/redundant. That above post did make me question this for a bit, and whether I should even post, but...fuck it I spent all that time thinking about this I may as well put it out there anyway.

....Well that's all I had for now, I wasn't expecting this to get this long but I also tried not putting in too much repetitive info throughout the post, hopefully I did well enough lol. Anyway thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
[/hide]

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Here’s a sun setter for those who want to run hyper offense together with sun. I’ve had fairly good results with this Ninetales set and would highly recommend it as an option over Torkoal if one would like to go more on the offensive side of things.

Ninetales @ Eject Pack
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Sunny Day

Now that (presumably) all the paradox Pokemon have been released which version do you think has the best set?

I think Past is has a stronger presence is OU, but It's dead even overall, with Violet being more consistent but Scarlet having higher highs.
Scarlet managed to hit 3 for 3 with the beasts, whereas Iron leaves & crown are less initially impressive.
Tusk beats out treads by a significant margin, while Moon is slightly better, but less consistent than valiant.
Personally, I stand by the fact that Brute Bonnet, Slither Wing and Scream Tail are underrated, but they are currently beaten out by Jugulius, Thorns and Hands.

Finally, Bundle and Flutter mane are equally broken, while (afaik) Koraidon slightly Edges out Miraidon in ubers..

Now that (presumably) all the paradox Pokemon have been released which version do you think has the best set?

I think Past is has a stronger presence is OU, but It's dead even overall, with Violet being more consistent but Scarlet having higher highs.
Scarlet managed to hit 3 for 3 with the beasts, whereas Iron leaves & crown are less initially impressive.
Tusk beats out treads by a significant margin, while Moon is slightly better, but less consistent than valiant.
Personally, I stand by the fact that Brute Bonnet, Slither Wing and Scream Tail are underrated, but they are currently beaten out by Jugulius, Thorns and Hands.

Finally, Bundle and Flutter mane are equally broken, while (afaik) Koraidon slightly Edges out Miraidon in ubers..
If you go by rankings;
Ubers: 2P - 2F
OU: 5P - 4P
UUBL 0P - 1F
UU: 1P - 2F
RUBL: 0P - 1F
RU: 1P - 1F
NU: 2P - 0F
I’d say Future Paradoxes did win overall due to better lower tier placements. However this only considers current placements in usage, which is buffed for future paradoxes. Roaring Moon just got unbanned to test it out in new waters and likely will be suspected soon, and Iron Crown for sure is going to drop.
Past Paradoxes in general also have the better field condition. Sun can be set by 4 fully evolved Pokemon while Electric Terrain is only set by 2, one of which is ZU.
I’d imagine if Tapus were brought back, Future Paradoxes in OU would be broken as hell. Tapu Koko using Volt Switch to bring in Iron Boulder safely to outspeed almost everything while being able to hold something other than Booster Energy. Yeah that’s busted as hell.

If you go by rankings;
Ubers: 2P - 2F
OU: 5P - 4P
UUBL 0P - 1F
UU: 1P - 2F
RUBL: 0P - 1F
RU: 1P - 1F
NU: 2P - 0F
I’d say Future Paradoxes did win overall due to better lower tier placements. However this only considers current placements in usage, which is buffed for future paradoxes. Roaring Moon just got unbanned to test it out in new waters and likely will be suspected soon, and Iron Crown for sure is going to drop.
Past Paradoxes in general also have the better field condition. Sun can be set by 4 fully evolved Pokemon while Electric Terrain is only set by 2, one of which is ZU.
I’d imagine if Tapus were brought back, Future Paradoxes in OU would be broken as hell. Tapu Koko using Volt Switch to bring in Iron Boulder safely to outspeed almost everything while being able to hold something other than Booster Energy. Yeah that’s busted as hell.
The wrinkle is that is looking into the usage stats
1703590811545.png

Koraidon has about 5% more usage than Miraidon, while Bundle doesn't crack top 10 usage.
1703590991796.png

Meanwhile, Future wins UU, while Past Takes RU.
1703591039923.png

Last but not least, OU is complicated. Tusk takes #1, Overall usage is slightly in pasts favour due to Walking Wake.
I don't think just comparing tiers is the best standard

I asked this question on simple questions simple answers and I haven't gotten an answer yet, so I am asking this here:

I have noticed that there isn't currently a "Radar", is this because the current state of the metagame is not particularly controversial or because there is some smogon policy that does not allow the radar to appear right now?

(I am satisfied with the current state of the metagame).

I tried to come up with off meta stuff:
ragingboltbeam (Raging Bolt) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderclap
- Weather Ball

"Damn this thing has zero coverage"
"Wait it has weather ball"
And that's how I came up with ragingboltbeam
Pair this up with glowking and have fun

I asked this question on simple questions simple answers and I haven't gotten an answer yet, so I am asking this here:

I have noticed that there isn't currently a "Radar", is this because the current state of the metagame is not particularly controversial or because there is some smogon policy that does not allow the radar to appear right now?

(I am satisfied with the current state of the metagame).
I would say that the state of the metagame doesn't require it at the moment, as there is no particularly centralizing pokemon or playstyle that dominates everything since Terapagos was banned. There are certainly in my opinion some mons who are particularly egregious but I wil wait the survey that Finch announced for that, even paid employees can take some time for Christmas and our dear mod team certainly isn't.

Edit: would also add that, this being probably the last big update for Gen 9, there isn't a need to hurry up the process.

I would say that the state of the metagame doesn't require it at the moment, as there is no particularly centralizing pokemon or playstyle that dominates everything since Terapagos was banned. There are certainly in my opinion some mons who are particularly egregious but I wil wait the survey that Finch announced for that, even paid employees can take some time for Christmas and our dear mod team certainly isn't.

Edit: would also add that, this being probably the last big update for Gen 9, there isn't a need to hurry up the process.
Well we do have a new Mythical coming in about two weeks, but yea.

Also Merry belated Christmas everybody.