Sylveon [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
The general vibe I've gotten from your skeleton is that your describe Sylveon itself (and pretty well) but not as much as what is it like in metagame - the latter is better, as the former could theoretically be determined just from looking at its Serebii's page. You're also a bit simplistic at times.

Overview
-When you write it up, I wouldn't say power that's hard to compete with. Just say it hits very hard - more concise and less misleading (e.g. Rampardos has power that's hard to compete with but it sucks)
-It does not have a decent selection of coverage moves
base 95 HP is actually ok. It's the mediocre Defence that lets it down.
-I would mention bad speed and excellent special bulk separately.
-If you're going to mention support is necessary, you must state what type of support this is
-Mention Steel-types somewhere
-What type of teams does Syvleon fit on?
-I wouldn't mention decent coverage moves; they're actually not that good

Moves
-must mention spread with Hyper Voice
-mention Hyper Voice hits through Sub here, not in Usage Tips
-Hidden Power provides coverage against Steel-types - you only said that for HP Fire.

Set details
Be more specific as to what it does; this is too vague
Should mention that as Syvleon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it doesn't suffer much from the inability to switch moves

Remove surviving Jolly LO Bisharp - that is incorrect. Not sure why Lolk said to include it.
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 361-429 (104.6 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If using Sylveon with Trick Room, have 0 Spe IVs

252 HP Evs does not give it much more useable Special bulk, just more. I would also prefer you to list the changes in KOs provided by 252 HP instead of just saying "many more"

Should also mention alternate spread of 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if using Syvleon with Tailwind - under Tailwind, 80 SPe lets it outspeed base 110 Pokemon like Mega Diancie

Usage Tips - this should be more thorough
-don't mention Hyper Voice through Sub here
-Spamming Hyper Voice 99% of the time to inflict as much damage as possible
-no need to mention trouble dealing with Poison and Steel types because of Hyper Voice (spamming Hyper Voice is no excuse - use your teammates or coverage attacks)
-How will you take down the threats to Syvleon? Teammates
-How will you bring it onto the field
-When do you not use Hyper Voice but one of it's other moves
-Should also mention that it should be expected to take an attack before attacking thanks to its Speed, it's special bulk will help out here
-Could mention how to use Sylveon in conjunction with support, especially considering that you've mentioned it in Overview

Team Options
-I wouldn't say base 60 speed can be viable both in and out of TR, as Speed by itself is not going to make a Pokemon unviable outside of TR (and 60 is bad outside of TR, look where non-mega Metagross is). I would say base 60 speed is helpful under Trick Room, then mention TR
-mention examples of TR users when you mention TR. When you mention Cress, also mention Helping Hand support
-with Fake Out, mention that it helps Syvleon fire off Hyper Voice
-mention examples of Intimidate and burn abusers

It's the latter as to why it pairs well with redirectors. spread moves not threatening Syvleon is not a main reason to use them

Remove that bold stuff; that's a big and debatable statement to say they are better at checking steel-types in a 2v2 setting. Just add those examples with Heatran and Conkeldurr.
-mention Ground-types somewhere; it's the Ground-type that pairs best with Fairy - it hits all the types that resist Hyper Voice super-effectively. Then give examples

OO
-Mention Shadow Ball here as it's your best attack against Aegislash
-Mention LO and Pixie Plate as alternatives to Specs if you really want to be able to switch moves
-say not running Specs makes Syvleon hit weaker than Mega Gard, which is one of its major perks over Mega gard. I wouldn't jump it all the way to being outclassed
-Contrary to what Haruno said, I would mention Hyper Beam here, and that's more to describe its flaws rather than to encourage its use. You can of course still mention it hits really hard though

Checks and Counters
-Steel-types should watch out for HP Ground and/or Fire
-With bisharp, must mention that Hyper Voice OHKOes
-Poison types should watch out for Psyshock
-Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard, not physical attackers without super effective moves (that implie they can take it out because they don't have super-effective moves). I would not mention Gyarados as it doesn't hit hard enough (it's unlikely to 2HKO). Could also mention Mega Kang has an almost guaranteed OHKO if has Double Edge and an Adamant nature
-Sleep immobilies everything; I wouldn't mention it specifically as a check. What I would do however is say, when mentioning Poison-types, that Mega Geng and Venasuar threaten Sylveon with their Poison-type STAB, where as Amoonguss threatens it with Spore
-Fire-types belongs under typing advantage, not miscellanous

pastelgameboy
Done :]

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
-doesn't at least 2HKO virtually the entire metagame. It 2HKOes almost everything that doesn't resist it. Bulky Pokemon like Cress, Togekiss, and Suicune aren't 2HKOed. Most Steel-types, Fire-types and Poison-types aren't 2HKOed.
-Tyranitar is not a Ground type nor is it an ideal answer to Steel-types
-late-game sweeper, not just sweeper
-you don't need to say fit easily on a variety of teams twice
-you slightly overhype it in the last line, great is fine but not one of the best offensive Fairy-types (that title would belong to Mega Diancie and Mega Mawile)

Usage tips
-I preferred it when you said 99% of the time, not 99.9% - that's too much of an exaggeration.
-You mention you should have Fire, Ground, Psychic or Fighting types to take out Sylveon's threats. You make it sound like it belongs in Team Options. It does how you've written it. What you need to say is that these threats should be removed by teammates prior to using Sylveon or at least weakened so that if they switch in on Sylveon they get OHKOed by Hyper Voice. You say what those teammates are in Team Options
-
Sylveon should be brought onto the field when it will not receive damage, either at the start of the match or when one of your teammates is KO'ed, due to its low Defense
It's more a combination of this and your next point - This is because of its low Speed, which means it expected to tank an attack before attacking itself, and it cannot take too much physical assualt due to its mediocre physical bulk; however, its special bulk helps with this

Team options
-Tyranitar is not a Ground-type

Checks and counters
-Of all the Fire-types, Charizard-Y and Volcarnoa are the only commonly used ones that check Sylveon. Zard can tank Hyper Voice and deal large enough damage in return whilst Volcarno can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Talonflame is too frail and will kill itself KOing Sylveon (2HKO, so tanks a Hyper Voice, two turns of LO recoil, and two turns of recoil).

Should be good for a check after this

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Overview
-doesn't at least 2HKO virtually the entire metagame. It 2HKOes almost everything that doesn't resist it. Bulky Pokemon like Cress, Togekiss, and Suicune aren't 2HKOed. Most Steel-types, Fire-types and Poison-types aren't 2HKOed.
-Tyranitar is not a Ground type nor is it an ideal answer to Steel-types
-late-game sweeper, not just sweeper
-you don't need to say fit easily on a variety of teams twice
-you slightly overhype it in the last line, great is fine but not one of the best offensive Fairy-types (that title would belong to Mega Diancie and Mega Mawile)

Usage tips
-I preferred it when you said 99% of the time, not 99.9% - that's too much of an exaggeration.
-You mention you should have Fire, Ground, Psychic or Fighting types to take out Sylveon's threats. You make it sound like it belongs in Team Options. It does how you've written it. What you need to say is that these threats should be removed by teammates prior to using Sylveon or at least weakened so that if they switch in on Sylveon they get OHKOed by Hyper Voice. You say what those teammates are in Team Options
- It's more a combination of this and your next point - This is because of its low Speed, which means it expected to tank an attack before attacking itself, and it cannot take too much physical assualt due to its mediocre physical bulk; however, its special bulk helps with this

Team options
-Tyranitar is not a Ground-type

Checks and counters
-Of all the Fire-types, Charizard-Y and Volcarnoa are the only commonly used ones that check Sylveon. Zard can tank Hyper Voice and deal large enough damage in return whilst Volcarno can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Talonflame is too frail and will kill itself KOing Sylveon (2HKO, so tanks a Hyper Voice, two turns of LO recoil, and two turns of recoil).

Should be good for a check after this
Done. (God why do I always assume Tyranitar is Ground -_-)

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In overview, say to pair Sylveon with counters for these types like Heatran. You can go on in more detail later in Team options.

usage tips, say threats that can tank Hyper Voice instead of just threats - I find that's good enough for Sylveon as it means Sylveon will get a KO

Don't say Fire-types in generla in checks and counters. Just say Mega Zard Y and Volcarona, as those two have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, where as Charizard-Y can 2HKO in return and Volcarona can set up on it with QD. Powerful Fire-types in general is too vague (Talonflame isn't an ideal answer)

Also mention Heatran in Fire-types with its quadruple Fairy-type resistance and it may retailiate with Flash Cannon, but that it fears HP Ground.

Afterwards QC 2/3

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
In overview, say to pair Sylveon with counters for these types like Heatran. You can go on in more detail later in Team options.

usage tips, say threats that can tank Hyper Voice instead of just threats - I find that's good enough for Sylveon as it means Sylveon will get a KO

Don't say Fire-types in generla in checks and counters. Just say Mega Zard Y and Volcarona, as those two have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, where as Charizard-Y can 2HKO in return and Volcarona can set up on it with QD. Powerful Fire-types in general is too vague (Talonflame isn't an ideal answer)

Also mention Heatran in Fire-types with its quadruple Fairy-type resistance and it may retailiate with Flash Cannon, but that it fears HP Ground.

Afterwards QC 2/3
Done, sorry for the copious amounts of editing required for the QC :I

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gotta mention on here in OO that on the sets that might carry LO or Pixie Plate (i.e. not choice specs) that Sylveon can also carry a move like Calm Mind, Protect, and/or Helping Hand.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
  • "this pretty pink Pokemon can at least 2HKO almost the entire metagame" <- this isn't true. See: Cresselia (even shadow ball is a 3HKO on the support set in the calc. Just say it scores a lot of OHKOs + 2HKOs
Moves
  • Worth noting that Moonblast hits slightly harder than Hyper Voice on a single target
  • Mention Aegis specifically for the Hidden Powers since it resists all over STABs and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard
Set Details
  • Choice Specs only boosts SpA 1.5x
Usage Tips
  • Grammar in your first sentence is kinda messed up, not rly sure what it's meant to say
  • Nothing is immune to Pixilate Hyper Voice
  • You can condense a lot of what you say by changing it to somth like: Avoid switching it into hits, use it to revenge kill, avoid strong physical attackers. obv expand on this a little, but your current prose is fluffy.
Team Options
  • Burn abusers should be changes to Will-o-Wisp users
Other Options
  • Hyper Beam OHKOs Mega Kang is worth a mention imo
Checks and Counters
  • No need to list so many Steel-types, i'd remove msciz + ferro + gene and add Aegis since it also packs Wide Guard which is more frustrating to sylv

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Overview
  • "this pretty pink Pokemon can at least 2HKO almost the entire metagame" <- this isn't true. See: Cresselia (even shadow ball is a 3HKO on the support set in the calc. Just say it scores a lot of OHKOs + 2HKOs
Moves
  • Worth noting that Moonblast hits slightly harder than Hyper Voice on a single target
  • Mention Aegis specifically for the Hidden Powers since it resists all over STABs and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard
Set Details
  • Choice Specs only boosts SpA 1.5x
Usage Tips
  • Grammar in your first sentence is kinda messed up, not rly sure what it's meant to say
  • Nothing is immune to Pixilate Hyper Voice
  • You can condense a lot of what you say by changing it to somth like: Avoid switching it into hits, use it to revenge kill, avoid strong physical attackers. obv expand on this a little, but your current prose is fluffy.
Team Options
  • Burn abusers should be changes to Will-o-Wisp users
Other Options
  • Hyper Beam OHKOs Mega Kang is worth a mention imo
Checks and Counters
  • No need to list so many Steel-types, i'd remove msciz + ferro + gene and add Aegis since it also packs Wide Guard which is more frustrating to sylv
Done :]

Stratos

Banned deucer.
good analysis overall

overview
  • excellent is too strong a word for sylvs special defense, try 'solid', especially if youre only recommending 56 HP evs. Similarly, wall is the wrong word, say "tank hits"
  • Mention that it's extremely one dimensional. If you beat hyper voice, you beat sylveon.
moves:
  • mention that hyper voice busting sub makes Sylveon like the state of the art cube check
Set Details:
  • Just slash modest on the set, mention quiet 0iv here
Usage tips:
  • Sylv should always use hyper voice except to lure and bonk a predicted switch-in tbh... u shouldnt bring it in if youre not in a position to hyper voice
  • you should bring sylveon in when the opponent has two special attackers which are neutral or worse to hyper voice out, but you should try to get it in without taking a hit so that it can hyper voice freely the next turn
  • Sylv's not really a late game cleaner. You bring it in as soon as it has an opening, shit hyper voices on people, switch out, repeat. Sylveon should make your opponent scared to send in Rotom-W
Team options:
  • Conkeldurr only on TR teams, infernape might be better to mention in the general since cuz it dunks kang/aegis/amoonguss
  • Keld's a bad choice imo cuz double Guss/Talon weakness
  • in theory ground is the best but you only see poison when its on a grass and fire when it's in the air so not really in practice, remove that part. If there were any ground i'd use with sylv it'd be lando-i
OO:
  • rather than 'weaker than mgarde' just say 'a lot weaker'
Team Options
  • "Typing advantage" the first sentence on this bullet should be "anything which resists Hyper Voice is pretty much entirely unafraid of Sylveon"
these are all easy fixes so im going to give this 3/3 right now

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I implemented the changes in Stratos' post and an additional point or two of my own. So this is now 3/3.

Moving it to GP.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I was just waiting until my new stamp was made to post this

standard colors

Overview
########

[OVERVIEW]

With Sylveon's Hidden Ability its ability Pixilate, (RC) as well as and access to the powerful spread move Hyper Voice, this pretty pink Pokemon Sylveon scores a lot of OHKO's and 2HKO's OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite the destructive force to be reckoned with threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastic as a late game late-game sweeper and wall breaker wallbreaker, and it can fit pretty easily on in well with a variety of different teams and play-styles playstyles, such as Trick Room, (RC) and Tailwind, (RC) or hyper offense, (AC) respectively. While Sylveon's Special special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers Special attacks, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel types like Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn. Because of this, Ground or Fire types Ground- or Fire-type teammates are essential for taking care of these threats Steel-types for Sylveon. (Fits better in Team Options IMO) All in all, Sylveon is a very one-dimensional Pokemon; if you can beat Hyper Voice, you beat Sylveon.
(Remove blank line)

Choice Specs
########

[SET]

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
ability: Pixilate
item: Choice Specs
nature: Modest

evs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========
(Add blank line)
Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice with a Pixilate boost becomes a extremely mega powerful move with spread, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B making it the quintessential move on any Sylveon set. Its also one of the few attacks that can go through a Substitute, which is particularly useful for beating Substitute Kyurem-B. Moonblast is another option, as its a strong STAB attack that does not it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice is, (AC) and it. (Remove Period) It is also slighty more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatning Poison types like threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Lastly, Both Hidden Power Ground or and Hidden Power Fire provides provide coverage for Steel types Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Another merit specifically to HP Hidden Power Ground can also is that nearly OHKO's OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon. It is also good to have one of the Hidden Powers for Aegislash, as its a common Sylveon counter and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard.

Set Details
========
(Add blank line)
Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack by 1.5x, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also since Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. The full investment into special attack as well as a special attack boosting Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensures as much firepower as possible. The Investments in HP and Def 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live a Return from Mega Kangaskhan's Return, a very relevant threat in the Doubles metagame. 252 EV's into Maximum HP is EVs are also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more useable Special special bulk, for example, potentially avoiding giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps 2HKO from Ludicolo's Hydro Pump in the rain, etc. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed lets it outspeed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon like such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team for a Trick Room Sylveon to minimize Sylveon's speed. Teams without Tailwind or Trick Room Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you may still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to speed tie with other opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========
(Add blank line)
Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99% 99 percent of the time; however, and it should only not use Hyper Voice if its is in a 1v1 situation against something a Pokemon that is weak to one of it's its coverage attacks, or when its it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon is threatening, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice would ideally be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail Defense, but if the opponent has two Special Attackers, special attackers, barring Special Attackers not named Heatran or and Aegislash, (AC) on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========
(Add blank line)
Sylveon pairs well with Fire or Fighting users Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, (AC) to keep Steel types Steel-types at bay, (RC) such as Heatran, Charizard- Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, or Conkeldurr (on Trick Room teams). Overall, Ground-types, (AC) such as Landorus and Mamoswine, (AC) pairs best with Fairy types Sylveon, as it they hits all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice super-effectively for super effective damage. Some good Ground types to pair with Sylveon include Landorus-I and Mamoswine, (RC) who also threaten not only Steel-types, but also Amoonguss, (AC) which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users like such as Mega Kangaskhan or and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon's threat on field, as well as helping Sylveon it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Pokemon that have Intimidaters and Will-o-Wispers like Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, (AC) such as redirectors like Amoonguss, since as they'll can help divert away powerful hits, (AC) leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs wells with Trick Room and Tailwind setters like users such as Cresselia or and Suicune respectively. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more devastating powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########=============
(Add blank line)

Shadow Ball could can be used over Psyshock, (AC) Hidden Power Ground, (AC) or Hidden Power Fire, as its it is Sylveon's best attack against threatening for hitting Aegislash, but that's all its really good for and it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options like such as Protect, Helping Hand, or and Calm Mind. Not running Choice Specs, however, makes Sylveon hits a lot weaker to the point where it ceases to be all that threatening due to its low speed Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though it's weak poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without things like teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass could can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliable escape from Shadow Taggers that check Sylveon, but its it's very niche and, (AC) again, (AC) typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but being locked in to having to recharge every other turn is devastating on Sylveon.
(Remove blank line)

Checks & and Counters
########
**Typing Advantage**

**Typing Advantage**: (Add Colon) Anything that resists Hyper Voice is pretty much entirely unafraid of Sylveon. Steel types Steel-types, (AC) such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, etc., (RC) are everywhere in the Doubles OU meta, and they can completely ruin Sylveon, even though they should watch out for HP Ground or Fire Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp, however, can be OHKO'd OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Posion-type STABs, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these things Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y and Volcarno Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, where as Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has quad-resistance a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Steel STAB Flash Cannon; (Add Semicolon) however, however it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.
(remove blank line)
**Strong Physical Attackers**

**Strong Physical Attackers**: (Add Colon) Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarrill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge Double Edge.

**Utility**
**Utility**: (Add Colon) Wide Guard users like such as Hitmontop and Aegislash completely halt Sylveon when it's locked into Hyper Voice.

GP 1/2 pastelgameboy

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I was just waiting until my new stamp was made to post this

standard colors

Overview
########

[OVERVIEW]

With Sylveon's Hidden Ability its ability Pixilate, (RC) as well as and access to the powerful spread move Hyper Voice, this pretty pink Pokemon Sylveon scores a lot of OHKO's and 2HKO's OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite the destructive force to be reckoned with threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastic as a late game late-game sweeper and wall breaker wallbreaker, and it can fit pretty easily on in well with a variety of different teams and play-styles playstyles, such as Trick Room, (RC) and Tailwind, (RC) or hyper offense, (AC) respectively. While Sylveon's Special special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers Special attacks, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel types like Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn. Because of this, Ground or Fire types Ground- or Fire-type teammates are essential for taking care of these threats Steel-types for Sylveon. (Fits better in Team Options IMO) All in all, Sylveon is a very one-dimensional Pokemon; if you can beat Hyper Voice, you beat Sylveon.
(Remove blank line)

Choice Specs
########

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========
(Add blank line)
Pixilate- and STAB-boosted
Hyper Voice with a Pixilate boost becomes a extremely mega powerful move with spread, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B making it the quintessential move on any Sylveon set. Its also one of the few attacks that can go through a Substitute, which is particularly useful for beating Substitute Kyurem-B. Moonblast is another option, as its a strong STAB attack that does not it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice is, (AC) and it. (Remove Period) It is also slighty more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatning Poison types like threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Lastly, Both Hidden Power Ground or and Hidden Power Fire provides provide coverage for Steel types Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Another merit specifically to HP Hidden Power Ground can also is that nearly OHKO's OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon. It is also good to have one of the Hidden Powers for Aegislash, as its a common Sylveon counter and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard.

Set Details
========
(Add blank line)
Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack by 1.5x, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also since Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. The full investment into special attack as well as a special attack boosting Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensures as much firepower as possible. The Investments in HP and Def 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live a Return from Mega Kangaskhan's Return, a very relevant threat in the Doubles metagame. 252 EV's into Maximum HP is EVs are also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more useable Special special bulk, for example, potentially avoiding giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps 2HKO from Ludicolo's Hydro Pump in the rain, etc. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed lets it outspeed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon like such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team for a Trick Room Sylveon to minimize Sylveon's speed. Teams without Tailwind or Trick Room Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you may still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to speed tie with other opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========
(Add blank line)
Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99% 99 percent of the time; however, and it should only not use Hyper Voice if its is in a 1v1 situation against something a Pokemon that is weak to one of it's its coverage attacks, or when its it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon is threatening, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice would ideally be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail Defense, but if the opponent has two Special Attackers, special attackers, barring Special Attackers not named Heatran or and Aegislash, (AC) on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========
(Add blank line)
Sylveon pairs well with Fire or Fighting users Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, (AC) to keep Steel types Steel-types at bay, (RC) such as Heatran, Charizard- Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, or Conkeldurr (on Trick Room teams). Overall, Ground-types, (AC) such as Landorus and Mamoswine, (AC) pairs best with Fairy types Sylveon, as it they hits all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice super-effectively for super effective damage. Some good Ground types to pair with Sylveon include Landorus-I and Mamoswine, (RC) who also threaten not only Steel-types, but also Amoonguss, (AC) which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users like such as Mega Kangaskhan or and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon's threat on field, as well as helping Sylveon it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Pokemon that have Intimidaters and Will-o-Wispers like Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, (AC) such as redirectors like Amoonguss, since as they'll can help divert away powerful hits, (AC) leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs wells with Trick Room and Tailwind setters like users such as Cresselia or and Suicune respectively. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more devastating powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########=============
(Add blank line)

Shadow Ball could can be used over Psyshock, (AC) Hidden Power Ground, (AC) or Hidden Power Fire, as its it is Sylveon's best attack against threatening for hitting Aegislash, but that's all its really good for and it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options like such as Protect, Helping Hand, or and Calm Mind. Not running Choice Specs, however, makes Sylveon hits a lot weaker to the point where it ceases to be all that threatening due to its low speed Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though it's weak poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without things like teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass could can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliable escape from Shadow Taggers that check Sylveon, but its it's very niche and, (AC) again, (AC) typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but being locked in to having to recharge every other turn is devastating on Sylveon.
(Remove blank line)

Checks & and Counters
########
**Typing Advantage**

**Typing Advantage**: (Add Colon) Anything that resists Hyper Voice is pretty much entirely unafraid of Sylveon. Steel types Steel-types, (AC) such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, etc., (RC) are everywhere in the Doubles OU meta, and they can completely ruin Sylveon, even though they should watch out for HP Ground or Fire Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp, however, can be OHKO'd OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Posion-type STABs, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these things Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y and Volcarno Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, where as Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has quad-resistance a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Steel STAB Flash Cannon; (Add Semicolon) however, however it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.
(remove blank line)
**Strong Physical Attackers**

**Strong Physical Attackers**: (Add Colon) Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarrill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge Double Edge.

**Utility**
**Utility**: (Add Colon)
Wide Guard users like such as Hitmontop and Aegislash completely halt Sylveon when it's locked into Hyper Voice.

GP 1/2 pastelgameboy
Implemented, thank you so much :]

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastic as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room and Tailwind or hyper offense, respectively. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn. Because of this, Ground- or Fire-type teammates are essential for taking care of Steel-types for Sylveon.

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes extremely powerful with spread, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is another option, asit doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice is, and it is also slighty more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground can also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also since Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP EVs are also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks, or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice would ideally be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail Defense, but if the opponent has two Special Attackers, special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

Sylveon pairs well with Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, to keep Steel-types at bay. Overall, Ground-types, such as Landorus and Mamoswine, pair best with Sylveon, as they hit all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice for super effective damage. Landorus and Mamoswine also threaten Amoonguss, which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users such as Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon, as well as help it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Pokemon that have Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye respectively can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, such as Amoonguss, as they can help divert away powerful hits, leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs well with Trick Room and Tailwind users such as Cresselia and Suicune respectively. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. Not running Choice Specs, however, makes Sylveon hits a lot weaker to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though it's weak poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliable escape from Shadow Taggers that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and, again, is not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but being locked in to having to recharge every other turn is devastating on Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in the Doubles OU meta, and they can completely ruin Sylveon, even though they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp, however, can be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Posion-type STABs, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, as Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarrill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

**Utility**: Wide Guard users such as Hitmontop and Aegislash completely halt Sylveon when it's locked into Hyper Voice.

pastelgameboy i made a c/p because you missed a lot of my changes

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, this is an AMcheck. Hopefully I wasn't too subjective with my changes and they were mostly correct.

Additions

Removals

[Comments]

[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastic as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room and Tailwind or hyper offense, respectively. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn. Because of this, Ground- or Fire-type teammates are essential for taking care of Steel-types for Sylveon. [Not sure if the last sentence is relevant, looks like something that'd go in team options, might be removable]

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes extremely powerful with spread, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is another option, as it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice is, and it is also slighty slightly more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground can also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also, (AC) since because Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP EVs are also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks, or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice would ideally should be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail Defense, but if the opponent has two Special Attackers, special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

Sylveon pairs well with Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, to keep Steel-types at bay. Overall, Ground-types, such as Landorus and Mamoswine, pair best with Sylveon, as they hit all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice for super effective damage. Landorus and Mamoswine also threaten Amoonguss, which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users such as Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon, as well as help it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Pokemon that have Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye respectively can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, such as Amoonguss, as they can help divert away powerful hits, leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs well with Trick Room and Tailwind users such as Cresselia and Suicune respectively. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. However, not Not running Choice Specs, (RC) however, makes Sylveon's atttacks hits a lot weaker, (AC) often to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though it's [Remove apostrophe] weak poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliable escape reliably escaping from Shadow Taggers that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and, (RC) again, is generally not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but being locked into having to recharge every other turn is devastating on devastates Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in the Doubles OU meta, and they can completely ruin Sylveon,. [Remove comma+add period] even though However, they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground or and Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp, (RC) however, can also be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Posion-type Poison-type STABs moves, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, as and Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarrill Azumarill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

**Utility**: Wide Guard users such as Hitmontop and Aegislash completely halt Sylveon when it's locked into Hyper Voice.

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Hello, this is an AMcheck. Hopefully I wasn't too subjective with my changes and they were mostly correct.

Additions

Removals

[Comments]

[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastic as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room and Tailwind or hyper offense, respectively. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn. Because of this, Ground- or Fire-type teammates are essential for taking care of Steel-types for Sylveon. [Not sure if the last sentence is relevant, looks like something that'd go in team options, might be removable]

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes extremely powerful with spread, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is another option, as it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice is, and it is also slighty slightly more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground can also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also, (AC) since because Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP EVs are also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks, or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice would ideally should be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail Defense, but if the opponent has two Special Attackers, special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. However, not Not running Choice Specs, (RC) however, makes Sylveon's atttacks hits a lot weaker, (AC) often to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though it's [Remove apostrophe] weak poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliable escape reliably escaping from Shadow Taggers that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and, (RC) again, is generally not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but being locked into having to recharge every other turn is devastating on devastates Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in the Doubles OU meta, and they can completely ruin Sylveon,. [Remove comma+add period] even though However, they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground or and Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp, (RC) however, can also be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Posion-type Poison-type STABs moves, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, as and Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers physical attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarrill Azumarill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

Implemented, does this mean GP 2/2?

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2
add remove comment

mooostly just flow/clarity stuff. thanks for the help, Always!
pastelgameboy - hitting "reply" on my post will make implementing the check easier and more accurate!

[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastically as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room and Tailwind or hyper offense, respectively. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn.

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes an extremely powerful with spread move, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is used as a second STAB move another option, ("another option" makes it sound like Hyper Voice and Moonblast are slashed in the same slot imo?) as it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice does is, and it is also slightly more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground can also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also, because Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live survive a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP EVs are investment is also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to Speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks, (remove comma) or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice should be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it you bring it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail low Defense, but if the opponent has two special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may might be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

Sylveon pairs well with Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and, when on a Trick Room team, Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, to keep Steel-types at bay. Ground-types, such as Landorus and Mamoswine, pair best with Sylveon, as they hit all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice for super effective damage. Landorus and Mamoswine also threaten Amoonguss, which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users such as Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon, as well as help it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Intimidate Pokemon that have Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye, (comma) respectively, are good partners to can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, such as Amoonguss, as they can help divert away powerful hits, leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs well with (grammatically fine but the previous sentence also starts with this, so I took it out to avoid repetition) Trick Room and Tailwind users such as Cresselia and Suicune, (comma) respectively, are good teammates for Sylveon. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. However, not running Choice Specs makes Sylveon's attacks a lot weaker, often to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though its poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliably escaping from Shadow Taggers users that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and is generally not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but having to recharge every other turn devastates Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in Doubles OU, and they can completely ruin Sylveon. However, they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp can also be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Poison-type STAB moves, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, and Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill, can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
2/2
add remove comment

mooostly just flow/clarity stuff. thanks for the help, Always!
pastelgameboy - hitting "reply" on my post will make implementing the check easier and more accurate!

[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastically as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room and Tailwind or hyper offense, respectively. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Ferrothorn.

[SET]

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes an extremely powerful with spread move, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is used as a second STAB move another option, ("another option" makes it sound like Hyper Voice and Moonblast are slashed in the same slot imo?) as it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice does is, and it is also slightly more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground can also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also, because Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to live survive a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP EVs are investment is also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to Speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks, (remove comma) or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice should be removed by Sylveon's teammates before bringing it you bring it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early game early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its frail low Defense, but if the opponent has two special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon may might be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

Sylveon pairs well with Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and, when on a Trick Room team, Conkeldurr when on a Trick Room team, to keep Steel-types at bay. Ground-types, such as Landorus and Mamoswine, pair best with Sylveon, as they hit all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice for super effective damage. Landorus and Mamoswine also threaten Amoonguss, which is an immense threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users such as Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon, as well as help it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Intimidate Pokemon that have Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye, (comma) respectively, are good partners to can weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, such as Amoonguss, as they can help divert away powerful hits, leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Sylveon also pairs well with (grammatically fine but the previous sentence also starts with this, so I took it out to avoid repetition) Trick Room and Tailwind users such as Cresselia and Suicune, (comma) respectively, are good teammates for Sylveon. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. However, not running Choice Specs makes Sylveon's attacks a lot weaker, often to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though its poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliably escaping from Shadow Taggers users that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and is generally not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but having to recharge every other turn devastates Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in Doubles OU, and they can completely ruin Sylveon. However, they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp can also be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Poison-type STAB moves, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, and Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill, can typically take Sylveon out, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill. Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

Implemented, thank you so much for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)