Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fine the Double Sanders was garbage (actually just Hippo is garbage). I originally figured use it the same way you use it on Zard-Y Teams: Set Stealth Rock and operate as a Mixed Tank and pivot, but it didn't work out. (Sigh). If my Hippo+Tar team works I'll post it though.

Yeah originally I had asked for the CM Sweeper Keldeo team. (Its in the same post as the Double Sanders: CM Keldeo's a pretty solid lategame sweeper if you remove enemy scarfers, Lati Twins, Mega Venu, and Birdspam: For more details check the post on the previous page).

If you're not interested with that, could you make a Sand+TalonTar Team? (I made one: the team with Hippo+Tar, but I decided to revamp it a bit). The original TalonTar team was okay, but again Aegislash is banned, and I have a few issues with Lando, plus I wanted to see if you can combine Sand with it, if not then I'm cool with a regular TalonTar. Its a pretty solid core, as Talonflame can suicide run to weaken bulky walls and revenge stuff that can get in the way (Breloom, Azumarill and other Priority users). Staraptor is a cool alternative to Talonflame if you feel that way as it can do more damage to Bulky Walls, despite the weakened ability to revenge stuff. Thanks in advance

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
heres the hera gyara team but w better evs:

(Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 248 Atk / 180 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
Yeah used this team partially to get reqs, wanna thank you for that CTC but one thing I noticed is that this team really despises Clef. Once it gets a CM up i basically have to hope for a flash cannon crit from heatran lol, I guess you could try to put some pressure on it with mega hera but that's easier said than done.
So basically I just slapped taunt>Sub on gyara to help stop clefable a little, and then Lum>leftovers since scald burns 100% of the time when setting up on bulky waters. Also helps out vs. brave bird/whirlwind skarm which threatens mega heracross a little, so I think its a better change for the team??? idk tell me what you think.
Also rock slide>stone edge on lando-t cuz I don't need to power and i'm tired af of missing, ancientpower>edge on tran for the very same reason. I'm just soo damn tired of losing games just to stone misses thats like half of my losses jesus.

Last edited:
Hey CTC, great work on all these teams btw. A while back I made a team based off of CM RD Manaphy which can be found here. I really liked the way it worked and tanked many physicals hits like crazy and once it started setting up CM it was basically over. I like CM > TG to give me longevity and a nice SpDef boost. Manaphy The set I used was:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk/ 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

The 16 speed outspeeds base 70 jolly mons namely Breloom.

Like I said, I already made a team based off of it but I would like the see what the great CTC comes up with compared to mine. This Manaphy struggles with strong special electric types before it sets up like Thundy, grass types in general like Ferro and MVenu, and it can't touch water absorb/dry skin mons like Vaporeon or Toxicroak. But hey, that's why you have 5 other team members :]

Would appreciate a team based around CM RD Mana eventually sweeping in the end of the match.
Thanks and good luck.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
shoutout everyone offering constructive criticism, will edit teams accordingly. as for talontar update
as seen in curse gastro, fat talon etc i like fat shit that set up. therefore imma give cm bro a go since it can toss clefs n cunes w shock and is a generally solid utility mon being able to switch into shit like talon n cham.
if goin with cm bro then perhaps lanT works better over scor since slowbro can stallbreak while lant is a better switchin to hera n pinsir.

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassyd Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 144 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunder Wave / Calm Mind

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I saw your earlier web team, but lately I've been messing around with a different type of web team. This one starts off with Shuckle/MegaGard/Gengar, since Scarfgar and MegaGardy do a pretty good job stopping just about every common defogger/spinner. These are the sets I've been working with:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy nature
-Sticky Web
-Encore
-Toxic
-Infestation/Rock Tomb

(Went -Speed to take less damage off gyro ball, max SDef instead of Def to suck up scalds and hpumps and earth powers)

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
Modest nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Taunt

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast
-Trick

Scarfgar can easily take care of the latis, outspeeds and OHKOs excadrill even when scarfed or sand rushed (assuming web is up for the latter), and can trick disable if necessary. Taunt MegaGardy handles most other defoggers including mew, zapdos and mandibuzz.

I've been messing around with Shuckle/MegaGardy/Gengar/LandoT/Excadrill/KyuB, and it has been fun, but it definitely needs work. I'd love to see that offensive trio on a team that properly supports it.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I saw your earlier web team, but lately I've been messing around with a different type of web team. This one starts off with Shuckle/MegaGard/Gengar, since Scarfgar and MegaGardy do a pretty good job stopping just about every common defogger/spinner. These are the sets I've been working with:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy nature
-Sticky Web
-Encore
-Toxic
-Infestation/Rock Tomb

(Went -Speed to take less damage off gyro ball, max SDef instead of Def to suck up scalds and hpumps and earth powers)

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Taunt

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast
-Trick

Scarfgar can easily take care of the latis, outspeeds and OHKOs excadrill even when scarfed or sand rushed, and can trick disable if necessary. Taunt MegaGardy handles most other defoggers including mew, zapdos and mandibuzz.

I've been messing around with Shuckle/MegaGardy/Gengar/LandoT/Excadrill/KyuB, and it has been fun, but it definitely needs work. I'd love to see that offensive trio on a team that properly supports it.
Uh fren scarf gengar does not outspeed sand rush exca,,,,,,
Base 110s hit 350 ---after scarf-->525.
Exca hits 275 with an adamant nature ---after sand rush-->550

Most Sand Rush Excadrills carry Air Balloon, and Excadrill is one of the biggest threats for all Sticky Web offensive teams. Mostly because it beats Shuckle 1 v 1 and it can find ample opportunity to remove webs throughout the game.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Most Sand Rush Excadrills carry Air Balloon, and Excadrill is one of the biggest threats for all Sticky Web offensive teams.
Fair enough, I've mostly seen Life Orb, and Scarfgar can switch in to any of LO Sand Rush Exca's attacks and OHKO in return. But yeah, Air Balloon screws it.

EDIT: Ignore me. Iron Head OHKOs with a Life Orb. Well, never mind then :P

Not if sandstorm is up anyway. Excadrill in fact outspeed Gengar and guaranteed OHKOs back with Iron Head : 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 290-343 (108.2 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO, while it has really good chances to OHKO if no Life Orb but if Stealth Rock are up : 252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 223-264 (83.2 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Well, there goes my big attempt at a Sticky Web team that could actually do something versus sand offense. I guess I could try something weird like gourgeist to spinblock drill, but that's stupid. Still wouldn't mind seeing if there's a way to play with the concept, I guess.

EDIT: On the other hand, I'm testing out defensive jellicent, and it's surprisingly good at shutting down excadrill. After a burn, pursuit barely scratches bold jelly coming from anything other than CBtar, and with a bit of speed it can taunt away any defogs, too. Right now I'm playing around with Shuckle/MegaGardy/Jelly/Keldeo/EP LandoT/CBtar, and it's doing OK, but I'd still like to see if CTC can do anything more interesting with the core.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here is my revised version of CTC's Hawlucha + Specs Raikou + Memento Latios team:

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Memento

Hawlucha (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

As you can see, i changed a lot of things. The first thing i changed is Lucario > Bisharp. I really wanted to try out Lucario after the Aegislash ban, because it had a lot of potential against both offensive teams (thanks Extremespeed) and stall teams (thanks Iron Tail). I also wanted to have a bit more versatility when choosing which sweeper to go to after Latios uses Memento, so the opponent can't just go to a Pokemon that can deal with Hawlucha even after Memento even if it knows that Latios has Memento, because there is always the danger of me going to Lucario. Hawlucha is very limited and even dead weight against teams with Talonflame, Thundurus, and CB Dragonite, and SD Lucario shits on all of those (provided SR is up for Dragonite), while Hawlucha can instead take care of a lot of other Pokemon used for revenge killing purposes, such as Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Garchomp, Scarft Tyranitar, and Sand Rush Excadrill. This is awesome because a lot of teams don't carry revenge killers that can deal with both Hawlucha and Lucario, which makes it very easy to select the right Pokemon to clean up late-game. Also, Lucario helps against Talonflame, which can be very problematic as the only resist in the team is a frail Electric-type and another check in uninvested Lando-T. Finally, Some Pokemon that Lucario can set up on and Hawlucha can't are CB Azumarill (CB Play Rough OHKOes Hawlucha even at -2) and Unaware Clefable.

Moving on, i replaced Landorus-T with Terrakion because he is a way better SRer and lead that almost always manages to keep SR up early-game, and has better Speed, coverage, and Taunt, all very important traits. Terrakion also faces much better against Tyranitar, a common lead on sand offense teams, as it can OHKO with Close Combat and has Taunt to prevent Steakth Rock from Sash Ttar, while also not fearing an Ice Beam if i go for SR on turn one. Oh and Terrakion can also check many dangerous Pokemon if you manage to keep its Sash intact, which is not that hard if you play with your hard hitters on the field early-game, namely Latios and Keldeo. I haven't played many games with the new team yet (around 7), but i think Terrakion fits much better, as SR is very important to help both Lucario and Hawlucha sweep.

Then, seeing as i had no Sand Rush Excadrill check, i replaced Specs Raikou with Scarf Rotom-W, which can do everything Raikou could, such as checking birdspam, checking Thundurus, as well as checking Excadrill, and being a better Volt Switch user than Raikou thanks to the threat of STAB Hydro Pump.

Scarf Rotom-W + ES Lucario also help with the big Greninja weakness the team had, which outspeeds and OHKOes your whole team outside of Keldeo, which can still be caught on the switch with Extrasensory, and Raikou, which can be 2HKOed by a combo of Grass move + Hydro Pump while doing very little damage back with Electric moves.

Finally, i changed Scarf Keldeo to LO Keldeo, because i already had a Scarf user and i don't like two Choice users on offensive teams (too much set up chances for the opponent), not to mention that Mega Gyarados wasn't such a big deal anymore as it can't set up on Terrakion. Life Orb Keldeo is an excellent early-game softener, bla bla bla, while still being able to check Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar, SD Mega Scizor (even better than Scarf actually), and Bisharp.

Thx for making this team CTC, it's nice seeing Hawlucha's potential in the post-Aegislash metagame.

EDIT: Replaced Keldeo with Timid Taunt Mega Gardevoir and Scarf Rotom-W with T-Wave + WoW Rotom-W, and an EV spread of 248 HP / 72 SpA / 188+ Spe.

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey CTC, I was wondering, could you make a team based on Togekiss Baton Passing Nasty Plot boosts? I would like to see your take on this, and iirc nobody posted this yet.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
252 HP/240 SpD/16 Spe
Calm Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Air Slash
-Roost

Kind of obvious how this set works, use Toge's bulk to get it in on resisted attacks, set up a NP and Baton Pass out to something that destroys worlds at +2. I personally use Agility Ampharos, so here's the set I use, but you can use whatever partner you feel like using, this is just what I like to play with.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static/Mold Breaker
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest Nature
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Thanks for reading!

alexwolf

I know that this isn't the RMT section, but in my eyes Choice Scarf Keldeo > Life Orb Keldeo and Defensive Rotom-W > Scarf Rotom-W would be better for your team because CS Keldeo is by far a better at revenge-killing things but mostly because of your bad weakness to flying spam. I mean in your team Rotom-W is supposed to switch-in on things like Pinsir and Talonflame but it can't really do that as the calcs show:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Rotom-W: 101-119 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (which means it's 2HKOd with a bit of passive damage or with SR up

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Rotom-W: 106-126 (43.9 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (which means the same as above)

Im not saying that the team is itself (Memento Latios + Hawlucha and Lucario is indeed a cool and underrated core) but I also think that with these changes it would be better for certain things.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
alexwolf

I know that this isn't the RMT section, but in my eyes Choice Scarf Keldeo > Life Orb Keldeo and Defensive Rotom-W > Scarf Rotom-W would be better for your team because CS Keldeo is by far a better at revenge-killing things but mostly because of your bad weakness to flying spam. I mean in your team Rotom-W is supposed to switch-in on things like Pinsir and Talonflame but it can't really do that as the calcs show:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Rotom-W: 101-119 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (which means it's 2HKOd with a bit of passive damage or with SR up

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Rotom-W: 106-126 (43.9 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (which means the same as above)

Im not saying that the team is itself (Memento Latios + Hawlucha and Lucario is indeed a cool and underrated core) but I also think that with these changes it would be better for certain things.
The thing is that without LO Keldeo the teams lack a strong hard hitter not named Latios (which prefers to come out after stuff have been worn down a bit, dish a hit, and then use Memento). Instead of using Scarf Keldeo i could just use max HP speed Leties Rotom-W to check the birds better, as the team doesn't really need a Scarf user (maybe for Greninja), because almost nothing can set up safely, especially Mega Pinsir, which is OHKOed by Latios, OHKOed by Keldeo, and OHKOed by Terrakion, with Hawlucha and Lucario only coming in late-game. Finally, with Terrakion being such a reliable SR setter and the team playing so fast, Talonflame is very easy to keep in check, not to mention that Lucario dgaf about set up, and Rotom-W can check it once if needed. But your core could work, i just prefer the extra power that LO Keldeo provides.

And sorry CTC if we aren't supposed to talk about the changes we make in your teams in this thread with other people.

Last edited:
shoutout everyone offering constructive criticism, will edit teams accordingly. as for talontar update
as seen in curse gastro, fat talon etc i like fat shit that set up. therefore imma give cm bro a go since it can toss clefs n cunes w shock and is a generally solid utility mon being able to switch into shit like talon n cham.
if goin with cm bro then perhaps lanT works better over scor since slowbro can stallbreak while lant is a better switchin to hera n pinsir.

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassyd Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 144 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunder Wave / Calm Mind
Pretty nice team, thanks a ton dude. Originally I was thinking something a little more offensive but this balanced team is nice enough. CM Slowbro is something I've never tried, and it seems a pretty cool mon to beat CMers like Clef.

Yeah, one more thing: The CM Keldeo team. I've already mentioned twice why this mon is good: Really the ability to snag a CM easily and wreck lategame. Check my older posts for specifics (sorry I always request two teams, I always feel like one will be rejected). Thanks in advance

So I'm trying to do this but I am failing, so can you help me please?
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
SD+TW Zard X. Pretty strange, but pretty good if proper support is present. SD can Smack Stall, Tailwind beats offense. Dual Stabs are always nice. EVs hit 276 which outspeeds Sand Rush Exca after Tailwind. Rest into Attack and bulk for obvious reasons.
Set up sweepers struggle with Thundy, so maybe toss in a Raikou?
Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Aura Sphere
- Extrasensory
Checks Thundy-I and bird spam pretty well. He can OHKO after Rocks+LO recoil. And being faster+immune to TWave is awesome. Volt Switch for momentum, Thunderbolt is a good STAB, HP Ice is for Grounds, and Extrasensory is for Mega Venu. Aura Sphere MAYBE for Exca and T-Tar.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
tbh alexwolf i prefer the lanT + raikou aka 2 soft checks to bird core to deal w birds. ur current team is weak to zard n nite since rotom doesnt do enuf to revenge either. scrftom alone is also a shitty birdcheck as rocks + no recovery hurts. moreover after having tried luke i have to say it sucks ass :{|} sharp + scrfkeld at least gets rid of lati and suit sharp even traps banded bird for lucha
also the thing w "not having a strong hitter" is that everything hits decently hard, and the combo of volturn + trapping generally does enuf damage. ep landt is actually surprisingly strong as shit if uv tried it

Yeah used this team partially to get reqs, wanna thank you for that CTC but one thing I noticed is that this team really despises Clef. Once it gets a CM up i basically have to hope for a flash cannon crit from heatran lol, I guess you could try to put some pressure on it with mega hera but that's easier said than done.
So basically I just slapped taunt>Sub on gyara to help stop clefable a little, and then Lum>leftovers since scald burns 100% of the time when setting up on bulky waters. Also helps out vs. brave bird/whirlwind skarm which threatens mega heracross a little, so I think its a better change for the team??? idk tell me what you think.
Also rock slide>stone edge on lando-t cuz I don't need to power and i'm tired af of missing, ancientpower>edge on tran for the very same reason. I'm just soo damn tired of losing games just to stone misses thats like half of my losses jesus.

That team looks really interesting. I might give it a shot myself.

played with the gar gard balance a bit
Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Mega Gardevoir (Gardevoir) (M) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

and found some optimizations that could be made.

- subsplit is so much better than this gar set, which is worn down way too fast and loses to chansey lo stall of all things. replaced sludge with split right off the bat.

- hp elec over hp ice on keld bc i found the team was a bit gyara weak. seemed a bit dnite weak after that so i opted for hp ice over cannon on tran.

- hp fire > foul play on amoon bc ferro could be a bit annoying, espec to gard because focus blast misses way too much, and otherwise it could pretty much freely seed and wear everything down.

- 252 hp / 136 def / 120 spd bold on amoon to deal with azumarill, which otherwise with bd up would 6-0 and generally spdef amoon isn't equipped to handle azu that well as knock off does a lot and it gets worn down p easily.

- 29 hp iv on gar to hit a lo number, 4 hp evs -> def on keld for hazards number.
This team has absolutely nothing to stop Hawlucha at +2. Unless you want to shitcycle Intimidate and sack half your team in the process. Get some priority on there.

MrCookiepants said:
This team has absolutely nothing to stop Hawlucha at +2. Unless you want to shitcycle Intimidate and sack half your team in the process. Get some priority on there.
Hawlucha can't set up for free vs anything bar amoonguss(which threatens with spore) and can be revenged by keldeo or tran if it hasn't gotten its unburden boost. Hawlucha can't really threaten defensive lando t either. tbh hawlucha isn't exactly the most important threat to prepare for.

Hawlucha can't set up for free vs anything bar amoonguss(which threatens with spore) and can be revenged by keldeo or tran if it hasn't gotten its unburden boost. Hawlucha can't really threaten defensive lando t either. tbh hawlucha isn't exactly the most important threat to prepare for.
It can set up on Lando easily. Uninvested Stone Edge does nothing. Hawlucha can Sub on Amoonguss. Gardevoir is threatened out by the possible Power Herb Sky Attack.

Also, this team team gets 6-0'd by stall, lol. :(

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Hydreigon is actually a p good wall breaker, with counters being limited to...azu, sylveon, mixed clefable, and togekiss. aka, only 2 common counters in the OU tier which can be fucked w/ iron tail(pls don't use.) not to mention its cry sounds cool af(like u know ur gonna get fucked when u hear that thing not gen 6 cry tho) also looked thru all 9 pages, didn't see a hydra squad. i actually wanna see a good hydra squad because i want to test it in the new metagame and see how good it is. ofc its ass but i want to see a good hydra team. pls try ur best to make it a good squad. also its dex says it literally destroys anything that moves so ya i like it because it kills things.

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball / Taunt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I also hope you can make a Stall team with this.
Heatran is a Fire type in the FWG core. He sets up Rocks, Taunts opposing stallers, spreads Burns, and such.
Jellicent is a monster. He can soak up Knock Offs with the Colbur berry, and then Burn the mon that uses it, crippling it. It also has recovery, Scald for damage, and Taunt or Shadow Ball depending on what you want. Shadow hits Latis+Ghosts+psychics, but Taunt stops Chansey.
Ferro stacks spikes, which is really nice cause Jelli blocks Exca from spinning. Pretty standard set.

Uh, most set up hawluchas ive run into run sub/sd/hjk/acro,
YOU HAVE A GHOST TYPE, just go into heatran and play mind games, if you are better than him at predicting, you should win pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)