Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 8
  2. Chrome
  3. Also tried Internet Explorer. Same problem.
  4. Since I started using Windows 8.
  5. Gigaimpactblissey
  6. I can connect to the main PS server as well as pokeaim's "we livin" server, but I can't get on smogtours ever for some reason.

Last edited:
  1. Windows 8.1
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Mozilla Firefox
  4. Happened on April 5, 2015. I don't know what might have triggered it though. It might be because I have too many teams, other than that I'm stumped.
  5. C9 DRM2K
  6. I can't seem to be able to backup my teams on the Teambuilder. It works on Firefox, but I don't have the same teams as I do on Google Chrome.

1. Windows 8
  2. Chromium
  3. Tried all the usual ones, along with less well known ones like Maxthon. No luck.
  4. Problem started when I got a new laptop
  5. Outrageous Fortune
  6. As for the problem;
Hi lately I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to PS. It says I'm connected to the server, however I cannot log on, watch battles, type in the chat, or do anything of that nature. It just says "loading" for everything. It says the same shit for all the other servers as well and I've tried going on different web browsers and they all do the same shit, so I don't think it's Chrome. Here's what it looks like:

Every now and then it will work again, but 75% of the time, it just sits like this forever unless I get lucky and manage to refresh the page enough times that it decides to work. I honestly have no clue what the problem is. It can't be an internet issue because obviously I'm connected to the internet and every other website works fine, but for some reason PS just refuses to let me log on. I've had no problems with it until now.

Also sometimes I can connect to the chat but I can't see any names the the sidebar it says "Guests Only". Is this some kind of filter issue?

Having the same problem as this, changing to https also fixes it for me but unfortunately I can't do this for smogtours (Error 525, SSL handshake failed, it goes to cloudflare).

pls halp, really want this problem gone by the time Stye vs Whitequeen happens ;_;

1. Windows 8
  2. Chromium
  3. Tried all the usual ones, along with less well known ones like Maxthon. No luck.
  4. Problem started when I got a new laptop
  5. Outrageous Fortune
  6. As for the problem;

Having the same problem as this, changing to https also fixes it for me but unfortunately I can't do this for smogtours (Error 525, SSL handshake failed, it goes to cloudflare).

pls halp, really want this problem gone by the time Stye vs Whitequeen happens ;_;
problem solved, but I don't know why. The only thing that changed was that I installed flash player.

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. Tried all, from IE to Firefox and I even tried using my phone browser and the desktop client.
  4. last night (11th April 2015)
  5. Virbank Complex
  6. Couldnt even open pokemonshowdown, all I got is Cloudflare notifications and Error 522 connection timed out, it says website is offline. I tried clicking retry for live version, still 0 results. tried rebooting my computer and still got the cloudflare. I tried everything but it seems the problem wont go away. I tried to play the next morning, PS was working fine for a few hours and the problem came back.
Edit: It seems the problems itself is with the server, and it seems to be fixed now. :]

Last edited:
1. Windows 8
2. Client, Firefox and Internet Explorer
3. Just those three, same thing happens
4. 2 days ago
5. lets get shaded
6. I just keep getting disconnected. At first I thought it was due to the influx of people around the same time, however it just keeps happening no matter when I sign on. I get disconnected about every 1-2 minutes.

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome, Firefox
3. Tried both, same thing happens
4. 4/27/14
5. Warlord Pluto (Sheathblade)
6. My internet disconnected me from a battle. Once I got my connection back, my main account wasn't logged out. Instead it was in battle, but at the end, when you get your elo/ratings. It had said that I had won. To view this battle, I had to make a secondary account, named Warlord Pluto. It seems that when "choose a name" it says that my main account's name (Sheatblade) was in use. There was no way to log my main account out. Was wondering if you could log my main account out so I could play again on that account.

1. Windows 8.1 Pro
  2. Firefox
  3. Only have Chrome/IE and it did not work on either.
  4. I stopped playing when I moved into my dorm many months ago. Wanted to start playing about a week ago. Tried every day for about a week and problem persists, so I decided to post this.
  5. TheApokalypticKing
  6. "Couldn't connect to server!" - Gives me retry or close EVERY single time as options when I go to that webpage. I can connect fine to any server except Main one. If I hit close and try to type in my name I get "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly." I have tried all fixes including HTTPS one which did not work. Basically anything I do to try and log on the main PS server does not work.

• Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Chrome
  • I got Internet Explorer outside of Chrome, but I haven't tried on it.
  • 2 days ago
  • Mr. Jolt
  • When I click Choose Name, I type my username and then, instead to get me to the screen where I should type my password, they get me to a screen with the following text:

"This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly."

Options are: "Choose Name" and "Cancel"

If I click on "Choose Name" again, I get the same error all time.

• Windows 8.1
  • Chrome
  • my friend's can't acces the ladder too
  • Since The Server Registration
  • Patch Shadow
  • Since My server get registered i can't use the ladder and any other of my users can't use it too it shows this message: This server's request IP 54.163.79.120 is not a registered server. But is Registered And It doesn't appear in the Pokemon showdown Server List i need help with this. Thanks By The Way.

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox last version
  3. n
  4. Today
  5. dadoux
  6. I logged on 2 servers today and i can't see the people that are connected in the server, i have a "only guest" and i can't answer any challenge, i can watch battles though, closed firefox, restart my computer and stuff and it's still the same.

1. Windows 8.1
  2. Firefox
  3. no
  4. Hmm... one week, i think.
  5. Paul Gunaseelan / Paul le Lucario
  6. well, my problem is about my server. My server would be registered, but it's not and i don't know why. The only corrects things are the link and avatars, but every others things are not working. I asked Verbatim to help me but he was unabled to help me and redirected me to this thread. This is a pastebin about what we said in PM's in PS : http://pastebin.com/JF468cpx
This is the server : http://lequotidienpokemon.psim.us/ (it's not in the serverlist and i don't know why)

Thank you for helping me.

PS : we are french in my server, so, we are in GMT+2

EDIT : i can now use the /updateserver command but i have an error message :

updating...
Error: Command failed: fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

What is it ?

Last edited:
  1. Mac OSX 10.9.5
  2. Chrome (version 43.0.2357.65)
  3. Tried in Safari, works just fine.
  4. 1 hour ago (4:45 pm 22/5/2015)
  5. daftmau5
  6. When i try to load play.pokemonshowdown.com in Chrome, i keep getting the 'Couldn't connect to server!' error message: http://puu.sh/hWcve/84f3047edb.png
    So far i've tried clearing my cookies, clearing my entire browser history as well as reinstalling chrome but none of this has seemed to work.

The strange thing is that showdown is working for me just fine in Safari.

EDIT: Problem solved. Turned out the issue was a Chrome Extension (Hola Better Internet). All i had to do was disable it.

Last edited:
1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. IE, works fine.
4. About an hour ago.
5. Seph.1991
6. When trying to connect via Chrome, I either get a message of "Couldn't connect to server" or disconnection before actually connecting. Seeing something earlier about error messages, I took this screenshot of the console.
http://i.imgur.com/1dA5dPo.jpg?1 I have also tried connecting to the https, but it just says it can't and asked if I want to connect to http. Only to get the same story of not being able to connect and such.

1. Chrome OS
2. Chrome
3. Can't on Chrome OS
4. First time I tried ever
5. Haven't been able to create one because it can't connect
6. When trying to connect via Chrome, I either get a message of "Couldn't connect to server".

1. Mac/Windows
2. Safari/IE (ik IE isn't a supported one)
3. Nope.
4. Kinda whole day.
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. When trying to connect (both comps) I get a message of "Couldn't connect to server". then later it goes away.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
1. Mac and Windows
2. Google Chrome
3. No
4. Past 2 days
5. Funbot28
6. "Couldn't connect to server" or "Server has restarted"

Please Help

1.?
2.Google Crome
3. Broken
4.Bobf
5.Every time says: Couldn't connect to server! or one other but it won't come up for me now. something about not being able to connect possibly because server was restarted.

Since I believe February, I have not been able to sign into my account on Pokémon Showdown. My username is RazorGallade. I try to sign in on my computer, and it doesn't work. I tried it on my parents' computer, and it does let me sign in. If I go on Showdown on my computer, the chat doesn't appear and it just says "Loading." I click "Choose Name," I type in my name, nothing happens. Occasionally it'll ask me for my password, I type in my password, and nothing happens. I know I'm typing in my password correctly since it works on my parents' computer. I have tried clearing my cookies multiple times, but that hasn't worked. Please help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)