Project The Age of Offense: A Teambuilding Workshop [UPDATE PENDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw your Sash Heatran lead-most-of-the-time set and wondered: what would you say about the viability of this set in general, like outside that specific team? Cuz I have a suicide lead HO team right now that's very weak to Talonflame and I'm thinking of stealing this set. Just wondered if there's room for tweaking on this set?

Don't hate if my question seems stupid, I'm a noob :/

I don't actually have an M-Aero team here rn, but I can certianly build one. I'm probably gonna try a more balanced build with mega chomp soon, and I do build balance but primarily offense.
My bad, saw Aero and just assumed. There's a target to build around then. Nothing wrong with a great mon that destroys Lopunny.

Something obvious, profile Pokemon brother.

Please build something with Victini! ;)
Specifically, you should build one w/ glaciate- it's a good lure, and let's it beat a lot of stuff that'd otherwise outspeed and check it. (Non-scarf) Chomp, for example, would normally tank anything it can use, outspeed it, and kill it w/ eq. Glaciate lets you outspeed and 2hko even tankchomp after rocks. It's surprisingly effective. Actually, that sounds like it's just a decent option; it's actually really good. I run it a lot.

I tried to use a mega latios ddance team in stours (got 3-0ed>>>) but i still think that ddance mega latios has its niche (same attack as mega zardey without tough claws) so if you would like to build a team with it that would be cool xD

Hey nice teams. There's lots of creative and interesting concepts :)

Just a small suggestion-
One the Mega-Lopunny + Salamence team, I think you could try using Scarf Gardevoir with Healing Wish instead of LO Gardevoir. This gives you a revenge killer in case Talonflame is down and a fast Pokemon that can hit Mega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Alakazam, and other Pokemon that outspeed Mega-Lopunny. Healing Wish is also great for reviving a weakened Pokemon on an offensive team like this. On Salamence, I think you could also consider running Hydro Pump over EQ with a more specially offensive spread. Hydro Pump allows to you hit Lando-T and Hippodown for more damage (especially Hippo since it can roost on your Draco Meteor), weakening those Pokemon for Lopunny.

You should build somthing using a nice dual bug core imo. (volc+m scizor) Great potential for a team with those two as they help remove common hard stops.
Posted a team built by ABR with this, but I may build something like this myself.

Teams I would like to build (once my "builder's block" passes, and other than the ongoing projects in the thread): Mega Chomp (probably two builds w/ this), Mega Latios/some DD set, M-Latias maybe, M-Aero, dual bug maybe, victini! (I have had a few builds with this but none that I really liked). I would add some pokebattle teams but that site is down, and I would have trouble finding teams without deo-s haha.

I saw your Sash Heatran lead-most-of-the-time set and wondered: what would you say about the viability of this set in general, like outside that specific team? Cuz I have a suicide lead HO team right now that's very weak to Talonflame and I'm thinking of stealing this set. Just wondered if there's room for tweaking on this set?

Don't hate if my question seems stupid, I'm a noob :/
I would say that its actually a fine set if you use it as a dedicated lead, although idk how it would perform if you tweaked the attacks as well since it is also targeted to beat popular mons in the meta (cough garchomp cough). If you don't have ancient power, you can't beat talonflame too well, although magma storm + taunt might do some work. A sash doesn't help you much with talonflame, and if you use it as a lead it will probably go down before u can check talon. Feel free to use any of the sets i have here, my name isn't written on them or anything. :]

Hey nice teams. There's lots of creative and interesting concepts :)

Just a small suggestion-
One the Mega-Lopunny + Salamence team, I think you could try using Scarf Gardevoir with Healing Wish instead of LO Gardevoir. This gives you a revenge killer in case Talonflame is down and a fast Pokemon that can hit Mega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Alakazam, and other Pokemon that outspeed Mega-Lopunny. Healing Wish is also great for reviving a weakened Pokemon on an offensive team like this. On Salamence, I think you could also consider running Hydro Pump over EQ with a more specially offensive spread. Hydro Pump allows to you hit Lando-T and Hippodown for more damage (especially Hippo since it can roost on your Draco Meteor), weakening those Pokemon for Lopunny.
Hey there fren :]
I'm personally not a fan of scarf gardevoir, one reason being that regular gardevoir is often scarf on ladder and i don't see it doing much usually. I really like the utility of life orb with taunt. The team would definitely appreciate more speed, as it is hates facing those fast mons, especially if they have a lot of priority and pressure with hazards. Since hydro hits tran as well even tho it won't kill, i might try that. Hydro definitely helps with hippo, although draco is usually fine to weaken lando-t. Thanks for the suggestions, i'll probably try scarf gardevoir or change the team structure a little bit while keeping lopunny + mence.

Last edited:
With regards to your team based around Tyrantrum receiving from Scolipede.
One possible way to help reduce your Bisharp weakness would be to replace Infernape with Emboar.
You would need a new hazard setter, unless you feel you can fit a hazard on Scoli, but Emboar is great check to Bisharp and acts as a second powerful receiver from Scoli as it has no switch ins as it is. Emboar would also act as a strong check to Scizor which could otherwise threaten to KO your Tyrantrum with Bullet Punch. Just be careful with Emboar's self timer.

I've been trying to build around SD Croak, too. I think DD M-Altaria with Refresh, Rotom-W and SpDef Heatran look like good partners from a defensive point of view. Thundurus and Scarf Bish that can check/lure Talonflame for a more offensive approach, and M-Gyara/M-Sceptile appreciate Fairy types being eliminated/checked. Just my 2 cents.

Something that seems fun to build around in ou is Tauros. It sits in a nice speed tier, has Sheer Force so stab Rock Climb hits for decent damage, and has good coverage to hit things like Keldeo w/ Zen Headbutt and Bisharp with EQ, but unfortunately gets hardwalled by Ferrothorn and bulky grounds unless you run some weird stuff like Fire Blast or Blizzard. If you can build at least a somewhat decent team around this you are a god.

Last edited:
Something that seems fun to build around in ou is Tauros. It sits in a nice speed tier, has Sheer Force so stab Rock Climb hits for decent damage, and has good coverage to hit things like Keldeo w/ Zen Headbutt and Bisharp with EQ, but unfortunately gets hardwalled by Ferrothorn or bulky grounds unless you run some weird shit like Fire Blast or Blizzard. If you can build at least a somewhat decent team around this you are a god.
10/10

Something that seems fun to build around in ou is Tauros. It sits in a nice speed tier, has Sheer Force so stab Rock Climb hits for decent damage, and has good coverage to hit things like Keldeo w/ Zen Headbutt and Bisharp with EQ, but unfortunately gets hardwalled by Ferrothorn or bulky grounds unless you run some weird shit like Fire Blast or Blizzard. If you can build at least a somewhat decent team around this you are a god.
I've actually considered building around this mon, the only thing that was holding me back is that I wanted to run pursuit but tauros didn't have 115 speed like I thought it did at the time 0_0.

Originally had Lando-I in the core but with the suspect going on I had to remove him. I am wondering if you could make me a team around this core FlamingVictini.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 240 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Heat Wave

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Stealth Rock

Here's a unique offensive core I came up with one day. I decided I wanted to make an agility Zapdos set and use it on the ladder. (I got this idea from playing tons of DPP at the time.) Agility Zapdos may at first seem like a gimmick but Zapdos has a decent speed tier and has quite good power. Basically to explain the evs on Zapdos, 112 speed helps you hit 264 naturally so you can outspeed Jolly Loom, Sharp etc., 240 Spatk with a modest nature and a life orb to hit as hard as possible, (the damage output at 252 doesn't really make a difference) 4 in defense to take less from rocks and the rest put into bulk. After that the moveset Agility is obvious, Roost can improve longevity, Thunderbolt for STAB and HP Ice for the bolt-beam coverage. So basically this core gives you an answer to more offensively inclined teams and defensively inclined teams. (and balance) You can change the sets but I think the zapdos set is fine. While I had Landorus-I on the team originally I swapped it with Manaphy. Manaphy can arguably break balance just as good if not better then Landorus-I. Tail Glow gives you the +3 boost and you just hit hard. Hidden Power Fire is nice to surprise people with +It helps you break all of the steels in the tier. Scald for STAB and Energy Ball to hit fat waters and such. Now I added an extra mon onto the core for one reason, the core was absolutely wrecked by the Electric types such as Mega Manectric and RaikoU. I wanted a bulky ground to be able to take on these two. So my choices were Hippowdon or Fat Drill. I chose fat drill but do note if your running a bulkier team try Hippowdon. My reason for picking fat drill was it gets rid of the rocks that Zapdos hates and it checks pretty much all fairies and electrics in the tier. Iron Head and EQ for the coverage. Toxic and Rocks are a toss up, I like toxic for stuff like rotom-w or lando-t. Mega-Venu is a pain in the ass a little bit so yeah.

Zapdos needs LO to snatch a lot of 1hko/2hko's

Manaphy can have its set changed to tank hits better.

Hippowdon can replace Drill but you will need another spinner.

Heat Wave on Zapdos over Roost can be run to hit steels. If you do this change Manaphy to have Psychic.

Just a few small suggestions here. For a Skarmory spread on your Shedninja team I would recommend either running no defensive investment, 0 IVs in HP, Def, SpD, and a Naive/Hasty nature, or just keeping the spread you have now - although it often won't be alive for Diancie anyways. In the end, it's your choice and your current one could work better. Additionally, I would recommend running Soft Sand > Earth Plate on Lando-T just because Soft Sand has lower Fling BP, although this will almost never matter. I don't have much ideas for fixing a Mega Diancie weakness outside of major changes that will likely ruin the point of the team.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Wow just found out about this thread, good to see that one of these is being done by someone who isn't a cocky asshole :)
Shedinja team better work out, I've been using shedinja on stall but weather just eats it so much. Never considered bp since I think it's uncompetitive :(

Hey sorry, suspect tests are going on so that's why i haven't posted many of the recent teams i built per everyone's requests. I actually have two mega latios teams that I will share later, mega chomp squads, etc.
been trying to build with mega los forever excited to see how it looks

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I've been trying to find something like this for a while and so far it looks like you're doing a fantastic job. As one of the few people that actually uses Mega Absol, I'm glad to see a team with it. Anyways, could you build a team with a Mega Lopunny + Gengar + Bisharp core? Thanks.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Cool thread, FlamingVictini. I'm going to share something cool that I found a long time ago in an older gen analysis but kept to myself for some time.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Reversal
- Endure
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch

Endure to get down to 1 HP, making Reversal a 200 base power before factoring in STAB. Liechi Berry will then raise Hitmonlee's attack one stage, giving it a +2 in speed thanks to Unburden and some real sweeping potential. The first three moves are practically mandatory and I choose to use Knock Off over Sucker Punch to hit Slowbro as hard as possible, the best defensive counter to Hitmonlee. Watch out for Sandstorm damage and Iron Barbs / Rough Skin / Rocky Helmet users.

Just some Replays to prove this sets effectiveness:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-189148376
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-218787012
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-219375019

Hopefully you can do this pokemon more justice than myself

Cool thread, FlamingVictini. I'm going to share something cool that I found a long time ago in an older gen analysis but kept to myself for some time.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Reversal
- Endure
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch

Endure to get down to 1 HP, making Reversal a 200 base power before factoring in STAB. Liechi Berry will then raise Hitmonlee's attack one stage, giving it a +2 in speed thanks to Unburden and some real sweeping potential. The first three moves are practically mandatory and I choose to use Knock Off over Sucker Punch to hit Slowbro as hard as possible, the best defensive counter to Hitmonlee. Watch out for Sandstorm damage and Iron Barbs / Rough Skin / Rocky Helmet users.

Just some Replays to prove this sets effectiveness:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-189148376
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-218787012
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-219375019

Hopefully you can do this pokemon more justice than myself
Lol, kinda a gimmick, but a cool one fasho. I actually got swept by essentially that exact set in tier shift once. It'd be fun to see a successful team with it.

So sorry everyone for delaying the update so much, but i have a bunch of teams to post now. I'll post them asap, and edit this when i'm done. teamsnickers i promise you won't be disappointed, i got two for u :]

I'm not dead guys, i promise i'll asap, just busy this week and last week ;_;

Now that lando-I had been banned the metagame changes a bit so i'll update accordingly when i can

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)