How about we talk about everyones favorite krow... mixed krow

mixed krow @ Life orb
hasty nature
240 att evs 80 spa evs 1880 spe evs

Brave bird
heat wave
hidden power grass
sucker punch

Mixed grow despite the hidden power nerf from last gen still plays much the same and can still hit extremely hard from all sides. With murkrows solid 18 16 offenses and amazing 19 speed he can come in and revenge most of the meta. furthermore mixed krow can even with the HP nerf smite down his old nemesis chinchou and with heat wave destroy ferrtothorn. The crux of this set though comes from Brave bird which when coming off murkrow is one of the strongest moves in the entire meta right now. Furthermore Mix krow is really hard to revenge kill as it has access to the strongest priority move in the game and wields it very well. Last but not least even though mix crow came in with a new resist to his stab and new weakness he is still just as good or even better then ever before in this meta.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Liquidocelot I think Icy Wind > Hidden Power Grass most of the time. You can't 2HKO any common variants of Chinchou with HP Grass, and Icy Wind bops Gligar switch-ins and eases prediction quite frequently.

In my opinion, Scraggy has changed from being one of the most feared sweepers in bw to one of the one of the best bulky pivots in xy. With Intimidate, Knock Off, and Drain Punch Scraggy can safely come in on many physical attackers, nullify their attacks with Intimidate, and proceed to cripple the switch in with Knock Off. And if foresee something like Swirlix coming in on Knock Off you have Poison Jab. He's not bad at setting up, I just believe him to be a better pivot in this meta.

Reactions: DTC
So Snover gets Switcheroo as an egg move now. I think this move could be very good on a Scarf set. For example, you could switch Snover in on a Swirlix as it uses Calm Mind, and Switcheroo to grab its Berry Juice and cripple it. This could also allow Snover to play a variety of roles simultaneously; by switching between Choice Scarf and Eviolite, it could go from being a fast attacker to a bulky attacker and back.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So Snover gets Switcheroo as an egg move now. I think this move could be very good on a Scarf set. For example, you could switch Snover in on a Swirlix as it uses Calm Mind, and Switcheroo to grab its Berry Juice and cripple it. This could also allow Snover to play a variety of roles simultaneously; by switching between Choice Scarf and Eviolite, it could go from being a fast attacker to a bulky attacker and back.
That does sound pretty good on paper, but honestly, snover isn't as good without its scarf. Its too slow, has no way to boost its stats, and has common weaknesses to rock, flying, fighting, fire, and bug which means he won't be lasting long w/o a scarf. All the mons that Scarf Snover would normally check (gligar, murkrow, tangela) suddenly have the chance to kill it.

That does sound pretty good on paper, but honestly, snover isn't as good without its scarf. Its too slow, has no way to boost its stats, and has common weaknesses to rock, flying, fighting, fire, and bug which means he won't be lasting long w/o a scarf. All the mons that Scarf Snover would normally check (gligar, murkrow, tangela) suddenly have the chance to kill it.
eviolite snover was pretty good last gen and its ice coverage got even better with the unbanned mons typings, and it still has that stab ice shard to neuter gligar and tangela is already outspeed unless a lot of investment. murkow loses to ice shard if its LO and snover got an eviolite. Also bj let its have more switch in opportunities.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
eviolite snover was pretty good last gen and its ice coverage got even better with the unbanned mons typings, and it still has that stab ice shard to neuter gligar and tangela is already outspeed unless a lot of investment. murkow loses to ice shard if its LO and snover got an eviolite. Also bj let its have more switch in opportunities.
True, but to run switcheroo you'd have to give up either HP Fire/Rock (missing coverage on steel/fires). IMO its still not worth it, but I can see it being pretty good.

True, but to run switcheroo you'd have to give up either HP Fire/Rock (missing coverage on steel/fires). IMO its still not worth it, but I can see it being pretty good.
hp fighting would be the best hp option to hit pawniard which is a really major threat, but all the other steel types aren't dented. Also fire and rock are bad with the coverage redundancy and the nerf

Switcheroo is a nice improvement for Snover. It mainly relied on Blizzard and sometimes Giga Drain, and the other two moves are only useful in certain specific situations, so it'll have little issues giving up a moveslot for Switcheroo. Berry Juice / Eviolite are such high impact items for any Pokemon they are used on, so stealing those will give you a big advantage. In addition, Snover will appreciate practically any commonly used item in LC it steals, while the opposing Pokemon probably won't appreciate a Choice Scarf!

Obviously, you do not want to swap the Choice Scarf away when you're relying on Snover to revenge some threat; you only swap away the Scarf when you need to cripple an opposing Pokemon and will not need the Choice Scarf Snover for later in the match. You should not be skeptical about Switcheroo's utility, because it's a fantastic move on any Choiced Pokemon in LC. Yea sure, you will miss out on a few Pokemon by using Switcheroo, but that's nothing compared to the Pokemon you will potentially be able to cripple.

I'm definitely gonna enjoy Switcheroo Snover whenever I use Snover next. It's not a change that will make Snover suddenly so much better or play a lot differently, but it will make it a bit more solid overall.

(ps: snover is still amazing even without Switcheroo because it revenge kills annoying Pokemon like Gligar, Murkrow, Gligar, and especially Gligar)

chimp

Go Bananas
I guess it could be pretty good. I might try out sometime.

Also, Cottonee was confirmed Grass/Fairy but doesn't get Moonblast or Draining Kiss, which kind of sucks.

Apparently, PokeBank is very bad at checking for hacks.

Therefore, Staryu and Porygon's Pomeg Glitch movesets are still legal.

Hurray!

Also Cottonee is confirmed for Fairy. Both Misdreavus and Cottonee get Dazzling Gleam, but no Moonblast. Honedge gets Destiny Bond. Kricketot gets Sticky Web.

In my opinion, Scraggy has changed from being one of the most feared sweepers in bw to one of the one of the best bulky pivots in xy. With Intimidate, Knock Off, and Drain Punch Scraggy can safely come in on many physical attackers, nullify their attacks with Intimidate, and proceed to cripple the switch in with Knock Off. And if foresee something like Swirlix coming in on Knock Off you have Poison Jab. He's not bad at setting up, I just believe him to be a better pivot in this meta.
Echoing Neb here. Scraggys choice scarf set is also a great late game cleaner I find and still gives scraggy a sweeping role with Fletchling screwing over ddance sets. A set of High Jump Kick / Knock Off / Drain Punch / Filler is the prefered set imo. With filler being poison jab / ice punch / zen headbutt. Poison Jab is prefered for fairys I guess but the other two moves have their situational uses. High Jump Kick with Moxie just tears teams late game and Scraggy also becomes a pretty good revenge killer, opponents don't want to switch because they don't want to get their item knocked off yet if they stay in they can give you a moxie boost. This set does need some threats out of the way before it can spam hi Jump kick (missy, fletchling, fairys, etc) but it still has its uses with Knock Off in the mid game to either get the revenge kill, or cripple a pokemon by removing its item

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)