Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoonguss @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spre
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Foul Play

This is a more aggressive take on Amoonguss that takes advantage of its adequate base 85 Special Attack stat and very good offensive movepool. Though this Amoonguss spams Spore whenever possible much like the bulkier variant, it is more effective at punishing switches. With Mega Pidgeot and Houndoom arriving in RU and Moltres and Doublade still being prominent threats, Amoonguss is vulnerable to giving the opponent easy switches to extremely dangerous threats after using Spore. LO Amoonguss can punish players trying to take advantage of its typical passivity. 136 Special Attack EV's allow it to 2HKO the following threats while retaining as much physical bulk as possible to deal with Pokemon like Cobalion.

136+ SpA Life Orb Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 161-191 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
136+ SpA Life Orb Amoonguss Hidden Power Fire vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 148-177 (47.4 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
136+ SpA Life Orb Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Houndoom: 169-200 (58 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
136+ SpA Life Orb Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 187-222 (49.7 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Foul Play can be used over Hidden Power Fire to deal ~45% to Bronzong and do 79-93% to a +2 Doublade, but HP Fire has more targets. Be warned: the loss of bulk and Life Orb recoil make Amoonguss a shakier check to threats such as Mega Sceptile than it was before, and it still cannot ever break Pokemon such as Golbat and Dragalge. With that said, considering how much Amoonguss tends to force switches, offensive variants do a good job of punishing many of them IMO n__n.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

Amoonguss (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Worry Seed

Okay dont call me dumb please. Give me a chance! You think hahahaha what a stupid noob he is using worry seed to give his opponent a decent ability instead of using the awesome free ko almost in spore?!?

Wrong.

This set only has its use on one sort of team...my favorite full stall! Worry seed means now defensive cm reuniclus won't destroy you because you can toxic it now for damage (you speed tie so creep is good but it won't ohko anyways at +1). Same for sigilyph except air slash might ko so you need more spdef. The thing is my own stall team can handle sigi so I don't need the extra spdef for that and I need the extra def for some physical waters.

On stall teams spore isn't as useful. I won't say it's not useful because that would be a lie but just sleeping a threat that has the potential to 6-0 isn't enough you need to kill it outright or be killed yourself. Also since stall is passive and used weak attackers it's easy to wait out the sleep turns with smart switching (a sleeping pidgey for example can just stay in or switch in amoonguss to get rid of sleep turns)

However if you don't need one of the other moves spore can be useful I just find it generally inferior to other moves on stall and synthesis is usually a better filler.

Worry seed also helps in certain last pokemon scenarios like exploud maybe and all you have left is this and a ghost. This saves you. Also for last pokemon guts boosters like gurdurr are severely weakened if they are statused which is outright likely on stall.

Worry seed stops rest too important for rest boosters like the rare rest Cresselia and less rare Curse Registeel and Steelix.

Tldr, worry seed isn't useless in stall teams! Ps u need a phazer still to beat reuniclus until it becomes last mon or else it will rofl stomp amoonguss and switch out to regain Magic guard

Last edited:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold, 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Synthesis
-Foul Play / Giga Drain / Clear Smog / Venoshock

Though I hate the idea of Spore-less Amoonguss, I thought that it would be possible to take advantage of the switches that Spore forces. SubToxic Amoonguss doesn't like to die, with huge amounts of recovery from Black Sludge, Regenerator, and Synthesis. The last move caters to your needs: Foul Play hits hardest against physical attackers, Giga Drain adds recovery and STAB, Clear Smog makes set-up sweepers fairly inconsequential, and Venoshock is an interesting and powerful option for stall teams revolving around Toxic. Though it lacks the high speed typical of most SubStallers, it somewhat makes up for it with its ability to heal when it faces something it can't touch, thus not completely forgoing momentum. It fits better as part of a stall core rather than a balance one, because the selection of poison damage over sleep is better for the chip damage so desperately needed by stall teams. This set pairs really well in particular with Slowking, due to both having Regenerator and complimenting each others' weaknesses really well.

Oh, and if you really want, you can forgo Toxic for Spore if Toxic Spikes or Toxic is used by other members of your team, but a small benefit is that Amoonguss's Toxic is 100% accurate, and that Spore being standard on Amoonguss may force the opponent to switch into sleep fodder only to get something badly poisoned.

phantom

Banned deucer.
approved by Kingler12345

ayyyyy lmao (Amoonguss) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

This is about as good as the rest of the sets

If you need a Choice Scarf user that's as good as Choice Scarf Meloetta, then look no further. Niggas won't know what hit 'em, haha.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can we not vote for obvious joke sets, I don't mind them being posted cause I too enjoy a good laugh, but please vote seriously imo

Sweep

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
just saying I was serious about my serperior set LOL there is literally nothing else it can use besides like glare, which only snipes pidgeot.. which is good I guess but still

anyway,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)