Ability: Parental Bond
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Circle Throw/Crunch/Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

RestTalk can give Kan more sustain and it doesn't care about burns and such. The EVs were made really quick, they could probably be more optimal. It's just enough speed for base 70s and then the rest went into HP and Atk. Circle Throw does some decent damage to steel types that wanna try to come in on Kan and switches them out. It also kinda helps against mons that may try to take advantage of you by setting up while you're asleep. But if you use circle throw you get walled by all ghosts so running Crunch is an option too if you want to deal with ghosts 1 on 1. That move slot should be changed to whatever you feel is better for your team. If you have ways to deal with ghosts then being walled by them isn't too big of a deal. Power Up Punch is another move you could use just for some set up.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Foresight
- Return / Double-Edge
- Low Kick / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Thunder Punch / Aqua Tail / Earthquake / Whatever

Use Foresight to hit Ghost-types with Normal- and /fighting-type moves. Rreturn / Double-Edge for STAB, Fighting for Rocks and Steels. Last moveslot if filler

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Foresight
- Return / Double-Edge
- Low Kick / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Thunder Punch / Aqua Tail / Earthquake / Whatever

Use Foresight to hit Ghost-types with Normal- and /fighting-type moves. Rreturn / Double-Edge for STAB, Fighting for Rocks and Steels. Last moveslot if filler
Cool set, one thing I do is just not mega evolve to nail ghosts on the switch with Scrappy.

Anti-meta MoM - Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpA / 64 SpD
Mild nature
- Ice beam
- Fire blast
- Rock slide
- Earthquake / Brick Break

Kanghaskan is one of the only pokemon that have Ice/Fire/Rock/Ground coverage and have the stats to make use of it. These four types can threat the common used pokemon with four weaknesses like Garchomp, Landorous-T, Mega Salamence, (Mega) Scizor, frrothorn Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y and Heatran or Tyranitar if you go for Brick Break. And with these stats it can guaranteed OHKO all of them while not being KO'ed by one of there moves, except for when Mega Charizard is modest and has Overheat.

Last edited:
Neutral nature
- Ice beam
- Fire blast
- Rock slide

Kanghaskan is one of the only pokemon that have Ice/Fire/Rock/Ground coverage and have the stats to make use of it. These four types can threat the common used pokemon with four weaknesses like Garchomp, Landorous-T, Mega Salamence, (Mega) Scizor, frrothorn Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y and Heatran or Tyranitar if you go for Brick Break. And with these stats it can guaranteed OHKO all of them while not being KO'ed by one of there moves, except for when Mega Charizard is modest and has Overheat.
I like mixed Mega Kangaskhan but neutral nature is a terrible idea.

I've always assumed naive would be best or brave/quiet

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SLOW DOWN MOM!

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icy Wind
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Fake Out

Pretty standard set with Return and Sucker Punch. Icy Wind gets the Parental Bond treatment meaning you get 2 speed drops for the price of one. Can come really out of left field and win you speed control in doubles or to also hit a predicted switch in in 3v3.
Kang gets Rock Tomb (and Bulldoze) though.. Sucker Punch seems redundant with the speed dropping you'll be doing.

Neutral nature
- Ice beam
- Fire blast
- Rock slide

Neutral nature? Come on man at least run Lonely / Naughty, Rash / Mild or Hasty / Naive. Getting a boost in offences or speed at the cost of some defence is so much better than saving the defence...

I want to nominate a set myself but I'm having trouble deciding on what the exact set would be. Most of my ideas a terribly gimmicky.. I'll be back

Kang gets Rock Tomb (and Bulldoze) though.. Sucker Punch seems redundant with the speed dropping you'll be doing.

Neutral nature? Come on man at least run Lonely / Naughty, Rash / Mild or Hasty / Naive. Getting a boost in offences or speed at the cost of some defence is so much better than saving the defence...

I want to nominate a set myself but I'm having trouble deciding on what the exact set would be. Most of my ideas a terribly gimmicky.. I'll be back
Okey ill change it to naive ☺

Ah but afaik they don't get the double effect via parental bond. And sucker punch is still useful as you won't always be in position to use Icy Wind and still need to get the drop on your opponent as well as Dark being great neutral coverage vs ghosts/steel/rock types.

Moma (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Chip Away
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
This is my set I use with my Kangaskhan, Chip Away is really helpful with the rare defensive boosters in this format, but can help get unexpected wins when you think you lost to a Pokemon with a ton of defensive boost

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah but afaik they don't get the double effect via parental bond.
Yes they do? What made you think Icy Wind was so special? I was actually going to nominate the Rock Tomb set as I believe it literally is the 'next best thing' since it's starting to see use but it would just be an almost copy-paste of your set

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In double and triple battles, Bulldoze and other moves that hit more than one Pokemon, like Earthquake or Rock Slide (not Rock Tomb though), don't get the Parental Bond bonus. That's probably where the confusion came from.

In double and triple battles, Bulldoze and other moves that hit more than one Pokemon, like Earthquake or Rock Slide (not Rock Tomb though), don't get the Parental Bond bonus. That's probably where the confusion came from.
Aha, this is it, I usually play doubles. If singles then yes, I think I would go for Rock Tomb.

Kortex

Banned deucer.

Happiness: 0
EVs: 148 HP / 196 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

The given EV spread maximizes attack while maintaining significant bulk. The Speed EVs allow Kangaskhan to outspeed positive nature maximum Speed Base 70s in order to attack or set up a Substitute. With correct prediction, Substitute can often guarantee a turn of set up or a free attack and can seal up a game on it's own. Oh, and u can't touch Kangaskhan with status behind a Substitute.

Last edited:

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting is open, just got a new job and haven't been on Smogon all week. Since we're off the schedule I'm just going to do a 4 day of posts 3 days of voting so if I miss a day its not really off by that much. If cant say and Hulavuta see that its been 4 days and I didn't post voting feel free to open it up cause I'm pretty busy and I don't want theses projects to slow down cause I forget.

Skore
NOVED
SM979
freekhoorn
[URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/superbobbobbob3.226178/']Superbobbobbob3[/URL]
Kortex

Votes in bold pls.

SM979 I really like the idea of Foresight as a lot of people use Aegislash and other ghosts to counter mega kanga.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kortex

A great way to make an already difficult-to-beat threat even harder to beat. SM979's set is a close second as I tend to rely on Aegislash to beat Kangaskhan and that is just evil in every way.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Damn I forgot to post my nomination. Well actually I really couldn't decide on a cool set, I was probably going to post Protect+Disable but decided it wasn't really that good outside of messing up Aegislash.

I'm gonna vote for Skore's slow down set, Rock Tomb is already gaining popularity on Battle Spot on lots of mons as a way to mess up switch ins, Kang is probably the best abuser since it gets the double drop

Ares

Kortex wins! He'll be logged in the archive.

Next subject is:

OR

You have till Friday to post, or if I get a chance to close it on Thursday I'll do it then.

gratz to kortex! although i always use sub kha
Anyway, I will try posting one of Gengar-mega I used about 3weeks ago.

gengar-mega.gif

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Disable
- Substitute
- Pain Split
This set is really nice against choice band/specs/scarf. I feel this is pretty good one and it actually works.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a set Jibaku helped me with when I was having a lot of trouble with Mega Venusaur. This Mega Gengar set is a guaranteed 100% hard counter.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe (these can probably be adjusted as needed, if you're using this set just for Venusaurs it doesn't quite need that much speed)
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Will-o-Wisp
-Hex
-Destiny Bond

This Mega Gengar is a great teammate to Azumarill, as it absolutely obliterates any kind of Mega Venusaur, guaranteed. The common Shadow Ball is only a 3HKO, meaning Venusaur can just use Synthesis to heal it off. Will-o-Wisp and Hex solves this problem. After Venusaur is burned, Hex jumps up to 130 base power and is a guaranteed 2HKO.

Against standard Venusaurs:

252 SpA Mega Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 117-138 (62.5 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

And to make the destruction even more hilarious, even if the Venusaur is Calm with max Special Defense, it is still a 2HKO thanks to the residual damage from the burn:

252 SpA Mega Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 87-103 (46.5 - 55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

Substitute blocks all status from Venusaur, so Sleep and Leech Seed are non-issues. Destiny Bond is used in case Venusaur has Earthquake, otherwise it can be used after Venusaur is eliminated to potentially take out a second threat.

Here's a replay of the set in action:

SD9G-WWWW-WWXH-8QF3

In this replay, I never actually attack with Azumarill or Gengar, all the attacking is done by Hydreigon. I think it just goes to show how versatile the set is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)