Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've used this like once

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
Modest nature
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Sludge Bomb
-Scald

The only base 50 is like Tangrowth but it's not bad to be faster than that o ye and eel
Got a good set of resists, hits hard cuz Adaptability
Bomb because poison, Scald because burn
This thing probably loves Alomomola to pass Wishes
Mega Scep DPulse destroys you less
voting for CB anyway

edit oh ye put the last 4 evs anywhere

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're missing 4 EVs in Speed Lemonade. xD Anyway, since the most obvious pick in AV was taken already, I'll go for something completely different:

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse / Scald
- Scald / Dragon Tail / Protect

Defensive Dragalge might have some opportunity cost, but having a fat TSpikes user that can inflict both poison and burn is pretty sweet, all while hitting pretty hard for a defensive mon. This focuses on Dragalge's cool defensive typing and ability to take a pretty good beating, though you would do well to pair this with a Wish user. Toxic Spikes is the focal point of the set and serves to wear down any Pokemon affected by them. Sludge Bomb hits what it needs to and Adaptability gives it some bite. That 30% poison chance is also really cool for hitting Levitate Pokemon and Flying-types. Dragon Pulse is the primary option in the next slot for a secondary STAB and a way to pressure opposing Poison-types that may be willing to absorb your Toxic Spikes. Scald is an alternative that has a pretty sweet 30% burn rate, but should really only be used if you want the utility out of one of the alternate moves in the last slot. If Scald isn't chosen as the 3rd move, it's the go-to option for the last slot. Dragon Tail and Protect are other options to plug in should you opt for Scald over Dragon Pulse. Dragon Tail can work beautifully in conjunction with Spikes support and can make it quite difficult for Defog and Rapid Spin users to get in safely. Protect is useful to scout for potentially dangerous moves and to gain Black Sludge recovery, as Dragalge lacks reliable recovery of its own. The EVs maximize physical bulk since Dragalge can handle most special attackers it wants to switch into without the need for Special Defense investment. However, if you need Dragalge to be a sturdier answer to the likes of Moltres, Mega Pidgeot, and HP Ice Jolteon, you can use a Calm nature and shift Defense EVs to Special Defense. Just know that you won't be able to make much use of that Fighting resistance without Defense investment.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Dragalge @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dragon Tail / Outrage
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall

Who needs some innovation? With the addition of Adaptability and an alright base attack, Dragalge is ready to lure in those special walls / tanks / AV mons and shit all over them with Gunk Shot. Dragon Tail hurts and racks up hazard damages on switches while Outrage can be used for a stronger Dragon STAB. Toxic Spikes so you can make use of them, and tbh its physical movepool doesn't have much else outside of Waterfall which is the last move and is used for coverage.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpD / 172 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

This set aims to beat certain walls in the tier like Alomomola and Amoonguss for example. Being able to status walls like Alomomola or Dragon Pulse special attackers like Mega Pidgeot (which 2HKOs after rocks) is pretty nice. Helps beat AV Eel for stuff like Moltres or Mega Pidgeot to do work. Enough speed to outspeed Alomomola to always guarantee a free sub.

Dragalge @ Expert Belt
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpAtk / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The idea of this set is to lure in and KO many of Dragalge's checks and counters by bluffing a Specs set. After KO'ing something with either Dragon Pulse or Sludge Bomb, the opponent is likely to switch in their Fairy or Steel-type (depending on what move Dragalge has 'locked' itself into), as an Expert Belt does not cause recoil or recover any health. From there, Dragalge is free to use it's other moves to dispose of whatever's in front of it; Sludge Bomb for Aromatisse, Focus Blast for Cobalion or Registeel, HP Fire for Durant, etc.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lemonade. Already called it but

Dragalge @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Outrage
- Waterfall/Play Rough
- Sleep Talk

Choice Band Dragalge is here to take hella souls. Gunk Shot and Outrage are Dragalge's two strongest STABs that pretty much leave a hole in whatever they hit. Waterfall and Play Rough are pretty much the only other physical moves, so pick between consistency and hitting Cobalion lol. Sleep Talk allows Dragalge to absorb Amoonguss' Spore, Whimsicott's Sleep Powder and the occasional Yawn (like what else put you to sleep lol) and continue attacking.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Dragalgle @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rest

This sets attempts to remedy two issues with Dragalge: the lack of recovery with Chesto + Rest; and loss of power of Draco Meteor after usage with Haze. DM even with Chesto can 2HKO Cobalion, Doublade (a chance for both after Rocks) AV Eelektross and Lanturn with 2 consecutive Draco Meteor (it can prevent the SD/CM in offensive variants of the iron goat) and Rest the damage. It's also worn down less easily by Alomomola and other Scald shit due to Rest. Sludge Bomb is for Fairies, for the nice Poisoning chance, and when predicting that the use of Haze won't be that necessary. Heavily specially defensive Steel Pokemon such as cancer Registeel, Escavalier and Bronzong can handle this set, so a partner like Moltres, CB Emboar or Houndoom. Heal Bell support is also nice to heal Rest after Chesto Berry has been consumed.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Dragalge @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes

Offensive toxic spikes Dragalge. It sets up t.spikes on Pokemon it can easily force out (mola, weezing, w/e) while still being ridiculously powerful thanks to LO + Draco Meteor. I used this along with wishpassing and wanted to retain a bit of its bulk to make use of its excellent defensive typing, which may sound counter productive seeing as how it's using a Life Orb, but it worked out well for me. The third move depends on who you wanna hit for more, Rhyperior or Escavalier/Bronzong etc. Hydro Pump can also hit Gligar hard (not OHKOing it mind you, but has a small chance with SR) without having to reduce it's SpA like Draco Meteor does.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ya 3 days my ass, lol

Voting is now open, I'm going to ask no one votes for EonX as his set is on site w/ a different ability for RU (sorry bro o.o)

Don

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Arikado

I've used that set myself actually, the only difference is that i *heavily* prefer either Draco Plate or Black Sludge over Life Orb simply because i absolutely hate taking recoil damage on something with such great bulk/resistances. It just seems like a huge waste to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)