Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 196 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Torment
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch / Toxic

Here's a gem that I found pretty darn fun to use [:

Torment is quite an unusual move that is rarely used (SEE WHAT I DID THERE) and overlooked in the competitive environment. W/ Torment, Drudd can toy around with common defoggers like Skuntank and Gligar and keep Stealth Rock on the field, as they can't Defog twice in a row, allowing one of Drudd's teammates to come in and take out the defogger or force it out. But why use Torment over Taunt?

One reason is that Torment can completely screw over Choiced users. Upon one use, it forces them out, giving Druddigon essentially a free turn in setting up SR or just phazing the switch in out again, killing the opponent's momentum. The spread is used so that it's 3HKO'd by CS Moltres Hurricane and CS Exploud Boomburst and can Torment it, forcing it out and taking SR damage on the second switch in [: Torment can also force a few specific mons to not use their powerful STAB moves, which can actually turn a game into your favor, or at least for that one turn.

FUN CALCS:

252+ SpA Moltres Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 196+ SpD Druddigon: 156-184 (43.5 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Druddigon: 141-166 (39.3 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 196+ SpD Druddigon: 160-189 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Max speed taunt Druddigon :]
With this set you outspeed gligar, mola, cress and anything slower and shut them down with a taunt. This allows you to prevent rocks, roost, wish or a defog very easily as well as getting surprise KOs on mons that usually outspeed such as opposing druddigons, banette, bulky gallade and a number of others.

Last edited:

Druddigon @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf

Special Druddigon is the best Druddigon, you should try it already, i can quarantee it is almost as effective as our monstrous top tier: AV Hitmonchan n_n
Sheer Force with Life Orb allows you to get a little boost on 2 of your coverage moves, Sludge Bomb & Flamethrower, which can be helpful if you want to decimate even harder Steel Types with Flamethrower, and Fairies/Grass with Sludge Bomb, while Draco Meteor is your strongest STAB, hitting hard everything that doesn't resist it, Surf mainly hits Rock/Ground/Fire for super effective damage, and since Drudd's special movepool isn't that wide, these 4 moves are pretty much your only coverage options.

So now, enjoy the next best set of RU Dragon! :^)

Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Every other set is gone so just posting offensive Toxic Druddigon. Toxic cripples most of Druddigon switch ins including Alomomola and Gligar so that Druddigon can wear down the former and eventually beat/keep rocks up against the latter. Moves are standard and evs give druddigon an easier time against doublade meaning that +2 Iron Head doesnt OHKO after rocks essentially making Doublade take more Rough Skin damage while still giving a decent chance to Druddigon to 2HKO with the last move after rocks (obv. EQ does more). EQ is usually better because Rough Skin and also has the benefit of hitting Skuntank and Drapion but Fire Punch is an option if you hate Escavalier :]

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure if we're allowed to comment, but I think Galbia's set is the best one. The others are just sort of gimmicks that only capitalize their use on niche threats or situations, whereas the set Galbia posted is practical and very good at beating/pressuring many common Druddigon switch-ins and aligns well with its given, obvious goal. I've used a variant of that set, although it was physically defensive as opposed to offensive. What makes it a good Stealth Rock user is that it beats Gligar and it pairs well with Pokemon like Sharpedo which appreciate Alomomola crippled. Galbia's set though, focuses more on dishing out damage than checking certain threats, but that's just fine because it makes it harder to switch into and gives it more flexibility should you choose to put it on a very offensive team. As for the others... Taunt is okay, but situational, Torment moreso, and special/mixed Druddigon is just inferior to the purely physical Life Orb set.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 224 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

While this certainly wasn't my idea, I think that Toxic is a great move on Rhyperior to hit its common switch ins, mainly Gligar (without immunity since they are almost always defog), Alomomola, and Cresselia. Following the suit of Galbia from last week, Toxic on a Stealth Rock user is extremely helpful as most SR setters tend to lure in Gligar, the most common and reliable defogger in the tier. While Roar can be nice to phase out Sub BU Braviary, having the utility of Toxic can easily determine the outcome of a match. Toxic is also great on Rhyperior as it doesnt have to worry about Poison-types trying to absorb it after it has been revealed, thanks to STAB EQ. Rest of the set is pretty standard, with 20 speed to outpace the faster Doublade variants that I have come to see recently.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast / Roar
- Metal Burst
- Earthquake

So gimmicky ikr, but it can take 66% max from Amoongus' Giga Drain and OHKO with Metal Burst, it can also hurt plenty of stuff like Doublade (+2 Iron Head doesn't OHKO) and more. Min Speed is because Metal Burst has a normal priority unlike Counter and Mirror Coat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)