Project The Next Best Thing - rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to be the weird one out of the bunch.Anyways this set is a full priority hone claws set.It focuses on him getting 2 hone claws,which will be easy and then using shadow sneak and sucker punch to his advantage.

Kecleon Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Fake Out

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

1 in a Chameleon (Kecleon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room

- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

I got a Trick Room Kecleon for you guys. This Kecleon either sets up Trick Room for his teammates and switches, or he sweeps by himself with Protean / LO boosts. Sucker Punch is still there for priority, as Trick Room isn't always guaranteed to be up while Kecleon is on the field. With this set, Kecleon is able to outspeed and 2HKO or even OHKO dangerous physical threats, which would normally KO Kecleon outside of Trick Room.

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 283-338 (97.2 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel: 879-1035 (350.1 - 412.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 218-260 (54 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marowak: 164-192 (62.8 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Marowak is forced to either take the Knock Off and lose its Thick Club or switch out when in Trick Room)

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Leafeon: 140-165 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Leafeon: 109-129 (40.2 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(2HKO, with a combination of Knock Off --> Drain Punch)

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 242-289 (84.9 - 101.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Kecleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Toxic

Specially defensive Kecleon eats up special hits anytime and shrugs them off with Recover. You can use Sucker Punch over Knock Off since strong priority is always good, and Toxic over Stealth Rock if you have another Pokemon with Stealth Rock already. Rock Slide might be worth using as well to nail Ninetales before it can 2HKO you but that's kind of situational.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Kecleon @ Focus Sash / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Niave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast / Fake Out

Leadeon; this is a set I used on a semi joke team, but it actually worked so in trying it in proper teams i can say it is decent. Ever since the start of PU there has been a creep in leads, but now I grant you with the ultimate counter lead. Screw leavannny, barbaracle pls, and lol golem. This is pretty simple to use, against opposing leads just fake out first turn, or magic coat to reflect hazards, as they will never imagine this magnificent piece of innovation, and you can finally get up stealth rock. Grass knot beats golem, baracle and others like piloswine, while fake out breaks their sturdy and fire blast smacks avalugg and leavanny. Sash helps you guarantee rocks if you magic coat, but a lot of the time you prefer to die so arent death fodder, which is why you can use rocky helmet, the next relevant item.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

WonderKek (Kecleon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 140 HP/ 252 Att/ 114 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wonder Room
- Fire Punch/Knock Off
- Thunder Punch/ Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Most pokemon in PU have better stronger physical defenses than special defenses, so this Kecleon set exposes that with a vicious pleasure.
I don't have the energy to do calcs with Wonder Room, but here is an overview:
Fire Punch destroys Tangela, Avalugg, and Gourgeist. Knock off gets a guaranteed OHKO on Geist and is Kek's hardest hitting move. Thunderpunch hits physdef Poliwrath VERY hard, while Drain Punch is a spammable recovery option that also troubles Lickilicky.
Sucker Punch exposes the low special defense of pokemon who try to revenge-kill you, such as Tauros and Leafeon.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kecleon @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Snatch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Just something funny to beat Will-O-Wisp users and annoy stuff like Avalugg, Togetic and Pelipper that try and heal themselves on you. Any Carracosta trying to set up Shell Smash on you (Drain Punch normally does max 60%) gets a middle finger shoved up its ass. It's even funnier if the opponent sets up screens, Mementos you and tries to set up their Linoone on Kecleon and you just steal their boosts, get to +6 and sweep with Drain Punch.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
352.gif

Kecleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Unlike some of the other ones I posted (CB Ninetales lol) I've actually tested this, and it's scary. It beats pretty much every defensive core lacking a max hp max defense gourgeist with foul play, and in general can just run through teams without too much trouble. Sub is being used over an AV set with drain punch because kecleon forces a lot of switches and, with max hp, a lot of things can't even break its sub (RIP Probo-missy). A +1 kecleon basically OHKOs every offensive mon in the game, I'm too lazy to actually post calc's but sucker punch can take out raichu, rotom, tauros, barbaracle, ninetales, and it even does a lot to sneasel. Basically this tears through teams without jumpluff.

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

Y'all people have some basic kecleons. This here is new meta, this here is devastation in its finest. You want to switch in a pelipper? I got news for you sonny (rest in peace pelipper). This little man right here is a master of deception and people will not know what is coming. If they try to swap into a ghost type for some weird ass reason to block a fake out or whatever a shadow ball can 2HKO any after rocks support. While it may not have the most pretty special attack stat this chameleon blends in as a physical attacker and leaves opponents wondering why you are so stupid.

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

Y'all people have some basic kecleons. This here is new meta, this here is devastation in its finest. You want to switch in a pelipper? I got news for you sonny (rest in peace pelipper). This little man right here is a master of deception and people will not know what is coming. If they try to swap into a ghost type for some weird ass reason to block a fake out or whatever a shadow ball can 2HKO any after rocks support. While it may not have the most pretty special attack stat this chameleon blends in as a physical attacker and leaves opponents wondering why you are so stupid.
Ben Ohver: " While it may not have the most pretty special attack stat this chameleon blends in as a special attacker and leaves opponents wondering why you are so stupid." - Ben Ohver

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
scorpdestroyer
Tried out the set and in the first game was able to steal a cotton guard from a furfrou. Pretty fun low ladder (still hoping to steal a shell smash).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)