Altaria @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Roost

Decent Special Attacker with 3 attacks + roost. LO Altaria hits quite hard even if it needs some support (totally walled by grumpig and others special walls.) The spread allows to outspeed 70 BS Speed mons with neutral nature, and the 80 EV def allows to take some hits that it wouldn't take without, like Adamant CB Stoutland's Return without rocks or assuring to never be OHKOed by Ursaring's Facade without rocks

Edit : I ignored that was standard, I thought DD was the common set. Sorry for this, I will change :)

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Altaria @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Power Swap
- Roost

Have you wanted to be able to keep firing off Draco Meteors and not be forced out due to the -2 Special Attack drop? Well now you can! With Power Swap, you can not only do the former, but you can also "cripple" special attackers, forcing a lot of switches as well. It also doesn't activate Defiant meaning it can steal SD boosts from Pawniard as well. This is a really fun set that I haven't used too much but it is very effective in what it does. Pair with hazards to rack up damage and you are in!

Choice Band Altaria

Altaria @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rest / Iron Tail

This set, like the Specs set, abuses Altaria's strong Dragon STAB with coverage to hit Steel types. Banded Outrage hits pretty hard, 2HKOing every offensive mon, and dealing very nice damage to most walls as well. Earthquake punishes non Balloon Probopass and Metang switch ins. Dragon Claw is nice for early game in order to not get revenged by fairies and ice types, and the last slot is a toss up. If Clefairy is really annoying you or you want to pair this up with say DD Fraxure, Iron Tail is a nice lure, but most of the time Rest is better for healing up to full and cleaning status, and because of Natural Cure, you'll be awake the next time you switch in.

Reactions: nv

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Altaria @ Draco Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Nothing creative, but Offensive DD Altaria is good and supposedly not standard. It hits really hard at +1 and bops standard counters. Not outclassed by Fraxure either as it packs higher bulk and more resistances, as well as the ability to bluff other sets.

+1 252+ Atk Draco Plate Altaria Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regice: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Draco Plate Altaria Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stoutland: 282-333 (90.6 - 107%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pack Dragon-resist or die

NV should win, Power Swap is top innovation and actually works well in practice too n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)