Project The Next Best Thing

Hard to decide between Yagura and Slashari. A SD or DD set with LO could have potential. I wish corphish had 1 more speed or attack :(

Yagura gets my vote. Double dance restricts move options a bit and in webs yaguras set could be powerful.

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Standard as always, mainly because omanyte isn't good for much else except for like hazards, and even then dwebble outclasses it unless you're want a waste a turn to feed that opposing amoon or garb,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
RU Omastar Jr. (Omanyte) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Toxic Spikes

This set is self explanatory, Omanyte hits 14 Speed with Timid which allows it to outspeed the whole unboosted metagame at +1 when Weak Armor activates. This set is a suicide lead, abuse Weak Armor and set up as much hazards as you can (Dwebble does it better but this set has its special niches too), Ice beam can be used to deal with Grass-types.

Last edited:

Conspire

ban me if i ask for another name change
Omanyte @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off

the superior hazards set w/o the unnecessary ice beam

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Rain is bad (Omanyte) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

The idea here is that typical hazards sets tend to be unable to set up more than one layer of hazards anyway given the enormous amount of fast special attackers, so this Omanyte set aims to put some more offensive pressure on the opposing team instead.

foongus is bad @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Reflect Type

In all actuality this set probably isn't the great, but the idea is that is that you don't need ice beam, because when you reflect grass types, oftentimes you end up walling them, instead of the other way around. For example the two moves Foongus would use on a Omanyte after a smash are giga drain or spore, which omanyte now is immune to or 4x resists, and afterwards 2HKOs. Another example of being able to overcome a counter because of this set is that you 100% wall ferroseed after Reflect Type, but t-wave still cripples you, so your sweep pretty much ends after ferroseed. Against sucker punch users you can Reflect Type and then attack the next turn, resisting it. Like I said, there's probably very limited uses for this, but I just thought it was cool that it had it in its movepool.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OP is bad @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

This set allows Oma to bypass Ferroseed who'd otherwise wall Oma and KO with Bullet Seed. The lack of Ice Beam can be problematic when encountering Foongus and potentially Cottonee however. In all other regards, Oma preforms as well as Standard Smash.

Fraternity Leader (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Haze
- Scald
- Knock Off/Spikes/Toxic Spikes

This set maximizes Omanyte's bulk and utilizes it in a more supportive role. In tandem with its great bulk, Haze can be used effectively to stop setup sweepers. Knock Off removes is great for removing opposing Eviolites and Scald is there for the burn potential. Spikes/Toxic Spikes are viable options over Knock Off, as Omanyte can efficiently set up layers and many teams are unprepared for either of these. The residual damage can be very helpful in preparing for late-game sweeps with another mon.

I also thought my nickname was rlly gud

what the fuck @ Eviolite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Rock Blast / Frustration
I like this because it gets through Sashbra and Mantyke without taking any damage ;o

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)