Project The Next Best Thing - rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time I post a set for one of these, don't you think?

Pelipper @ Life Orb
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Roost

While offensive Pelipper normally has basically nothing over Swanna, one thing Swanna doesn't have is a boosting move. However, Pelipper gets Agility, and actually isn't a terrible user of it. Pelipper actually has above average Special Attack (more than stuff like Ninetales and Poliwrath), high base power stab moves, and is fast enough to outspeed Scarf Rotom and slower (it misses scarf mr. mime by a whopping one point, rip). This set isn't anything amazing and it faces competition with things like Rain Dance Poliwrath, but it's a decent set that is really funny and actually kind of decent too.

[22:30:56] <~Molk> bored
[22:41:22] <&Magnemite> molk
[22:41:25] <&Magnemite> rate
[22:41:28] <&Magnemite> agility pelipper
[22:42:06] <&socuteboss> !data pelipper
[22:42:07] <+TIBot> Pelipper - Water/Flying | Keen Eye/Rain Dish (H) | 60/50/100/85/70/65 | 430 BST | PU | Low Kick/Grass Knot: 60 BP (28 kg)
[22:42:10] <&socuteboss> not fast enough
[22:42:17] <&socuteboss> make it
[22:42:20] <&socuteboss> agility tailwind
[22:42:22] <&socuteboss> for maximum fast
[22:43:17] <&socuteboss> with salac berry
[22:43:20] <&socuteboss> for extra fast
[22:43:28] <&socuteboss> then you get a scarf
[22:43:31] <&socuteboss> amd you are sanic
[22:44:27] * jcm has quit (Quit: )
[22:48:19] <&Magnemite> lol
[22:48:28] <&Magnemite> that's basically
[22:48:31] <&Magnemite> +6 speed
[22:48:38] <&socuteboss> more
[22:48:40] <&socuteboss> because
[22:48:42] <&Magnemite> also timid imo
[22:48:51] <&socuteboss> you use agility 3 times
[22:48:54] <&socuteboss> but gravity was up
[22:49:04] <&socuteboss> and it got hit by sticky web
[22:49:19] <&Magnemite> !stat pelipper spe 252+ +6
[22:49:20] <+TIBot> 1004
[22:49:22] <&Magnemite> pro
[22:49:24] <&Magnemite> 1004
[22:52:54] <&socuteboss> !1004*2
[22:53:04] <&socuteboss> forgo calc
[22:53:09] <&socuteboss> !calc 1004 * 2
[22:53:12] <&FUCKUIMABOT> socuteboss: 1004 * 2 = 2008
[22:53:19] <&socuteboss> !calc 2008 * 1.5
[22:53:21] <&FUCKUIMABOT> socuteboss: 2008 * 1.5 = 3012
[22:53:34] <&socuteboss> do you even 6k speed
[22:55:57] <&socuteboss> 6k is after random swift swim skill swap
[22:58:24] <&Magnemite> lol
[22:58:28] <&Magnemite> sanic pelipper
[22:58:30] <&Magnemite> is broken

Last edited:

I present to you.. the lord stockpile pelipper

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Stockpile
- Roost

Some might call this a verlis set.. some might call me a dreamer.

So before you start applauding and giving me votes I want to explain this set. This can be thought of as a win condition in stall like CroBink or CroClops. You come in on a week mon and set up a sub and start to stockpile so they can't break it. Getting low? Oh let me just roost. Sub again and wait for them to die to the toxic spikes that you should have on stall. Scald is so you aren't absolute taunt bait and if you dont have toxic spikes up you can burn physical threats(please dont set up stockpiles before you can just roost stall with spikes *_*)

now you can vote for gasquake.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pelipper @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Roost
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

Similar to Magnemite's set with Rain Dance used over Agility. Sure Swanna can do everything this set can do and do it better, Pelipper does have some capabilities with Rain Dance while not having to worry about Hurricane missing when you need it to hit as it gets perfect accuracy in rain as well as boosting Hydro Pump's power while having more physical bulk than Swanna so it doesn't die in one hit. It's not the first thing that comes to mind as an attacker, but it's no slouch either.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pelipper @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Defog / U-turn
- Roost

Offensive pivot Pelipper. With high power unresisted STAB moves and a not bad special attack Pelipper can smack a lot of teams around. Unlike Swanna which is faster, Pelipper gets access to a lot better bulk allowing it to check Fire and Fighting-types much more easily and it also gets access to U-turn on non-Defog sets which enable it to pivot and stuff. Also it can actually take hits from faster mons / priority unlike Swanna. 96 Speed outruns max Speed neutral Marowak and Golem but you can adjust it if you like. Unlike defensive Defog Pelipper, this isn't such a momentum drain and fits much better on offensive teams.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Stylish Pelican

I present to you...

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Slapping a scarf on a pokemon with u-turn can never be a bad thing....
Basically the point of this set is to lure frail life orb pokemon like Haunter and KO them, and it also hits pretty damn hard, hard as the famed "Keldeo on Steroids". Come in on your opponent's low health Raichu, they'll think you are stupid and won't switch out. Fantastic lure. Once your opponent knows that it is scarfed you can start u-turning around and messing with opponent's Lickilicky or Togetic. Tailwind is when you are done smashing everything in sight...just click tailwind and die in front of a Regice or something, and let your Rampardos have fun for 3 turns.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
279.gif

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost

Pelipper can set up tailwind and pivot. Uh, and you can't run defog but it's becoming less and less necessary and that's not really the aim of the set. It can still get off a slow u-turn on things that are fast enough and provide tailwind support foreverything from Aurorus to Stoutland to dent opposing teams. Not terribly imaginative, but tailwind isn't really used in PU and it's not totally unviable with a lot of great wallbreakers like Simipour being hindered because things like tauros can normally just come in to revenge.

Attachments

Pringles (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Knock Off

This is the perfect pokemon for a defensive set in PU because of its typing, which is great in the PU meta and its decently high physical defense. The chance to burn with scald also helps with walling out physical attackers such as poliwrath and marowak. I use knock off to get rid of items belonging to other walls like avalugg, and roost+leftovers really helps with walling and stalling aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)