Project ORAS NU Theorymons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Pinsir + Lapras

I wouldn't see myself using itemless scyther often and Waterfall Kingler is only OK. These two that I'm voting for however will impact the Pokemon themselves a lot and actually make more of a teambuilding difference.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pinsir + Fighting-type is the winner of this week, with 8 votes. Woohoo!
1. Pinsir + Fighting-type (8 Votes)

2. Lapras + Lightning Rod (7 Votes)

3. Kingler + Waterfall (6 Votes)

4. Scyther + Acrobatics (3 Votes)

New week, new slates. There have been a lot of really cool nominations from you guys, so I'll use those for this week!
+ Earthquake
+ Volt Switch
+ Sucker Punch
+ Hurricane
+ Solid Rock

Thanks you all for suggesting these, keep them coming!
You know the drill; discuss your thoughts on the slates, sets these Pokemon could run, a potential rise in their VR ranks, some nifty strategies, etc etc!

DnB

#DnB4608, its way easier on discord :>
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
how can i post submissions? send u a PM?

eitherway, i rly like marowak and then i have to decide between stunfisk and chari
on one hand, vswitch stunfisk would be really really good, hazards + easy momentum gain is really strong in the tier, but so is a stab hurricane (kinda reminds me of moltres)

solid rock oma seems like a better carracosta and it would be pretty good too, but straight outclass another mon
eq zangoose, idk, it already has close combat and what does it hit with eq, outside of garb?

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Like DnB said, I really don't know what earthquake would do except hit Garbador (love eq hitmonchan :3), as façade/superpower hits everything it really needs to.

Marowak with sucker punch would make it far more viable and I think it would be a massive improvement to give it any form of priority, not less the strongest priority move next to extremespeed.

I'm not really sure how i'd feel about hurricane charizard, sure, it'd be more powerful; but the accuracy loss kinda would bug me a bit. it'd still be pretty decent though.

Stunfisk with volt switch would be fun, though it still has trouble with lanturn which is annoying.

Solid rock omaster would mean that it could work just like carracosta, which would help it more as it'd be a far more reliable check to ground mons and tauros.

Just a quick summery of my thoughts ^.^

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
+ Earthquake

IMO The only advantage of using eq is to survive longer after dealing with a Rock or Steel type since CC drops your defenses. Eq also handles Garb.

+ Hurricane

Yaay my suggestion made it :3
Anyway I think this is a nice upgrade despite having shaky accuracy. I could see Specs becoming more common.

+ Solid Rock

Makes it significantly harder to kill after SS. Tbolt Scrotom has a small chance to OHKO, less damage from Mach Punch,...
And as a more bulky variant it would outclass Carracosta no doubt

Suggestions:
Malamar + Base 92 Spatk
Combusken + Drain Punch

Last edited:
To be fair, isn't Zangoose main flaw that its easy to take advantage of? I suggested this because this turns several of its would-be check into a bit more of liabilities. Hitting Garbodor is huge as Zangoose is practically dead-weight against defensive sets.

Marowak gaining priority makes it an interesting choice as a Ground-type attacker, but losing to anything with Knock Off really sucks for it.

Stunfisk has very nice utility going for it. Would be really useful in PU as well.

Charizard gains a stronger STAB move to abuse. Nice upgrade to say the least.

Omastar practically makes Carracosta useless now. As a result I don't want to vote for this even though it sounds really good.

Suggestion: Stoutland + Extremespeed. A lot of this move's users are dog-like in appearance, so I figured why not. Also gives it a niche over Kangaskhan which is neat.

Earthquake Zangoose
A very powerful move to add to Zangoose's arsenal that can beat bulky Poison-types like Garbador. Although, I'd find it hard to fit on a set, unless you want to forgo Close Combat, which gives Steel and Rock-types a slightly easier time walling you.

Sucker Punch Marowak
Give Marowak a nice priority move to use with it's huge Thick Club-boosted Attack stat... Yeah... Another Dark-type option with Knock Off.

Volt Switch Stunfisk
Makes Stunfisk a nice slow Volt Switcher to keep up momentum.

Hurricane Charizard
A powerful stab Flying move for Charizard to spam, a little inaccurate though. Also, just to mention it, this would be useless for Mega Charizard Y, since Sun makes Hurricane's accuracy 50%.... You're not hitting that...

Solid Rock Omastar
Gives Omastar less of its weaknesses and it now completely outclasses Carracosta.

My nomination: Smeargle + Oblivious
Taunt? What's that? This lets Smeargle setup without worrying about being Taunted. This doesn't save it from it's kinda low Speed and frailty, though.

Yay my suggestion made it! My thoughts (can't post sprites on my phone)

Earthquake Zangoose

Eh...a X2 Earthquake is still weaker than a neutral Façade. KOs Garbador without Rocky Helmet damage, but beyond that Close Combat is better.

Volt Switch Stunfisk

Why doesn't it already have this move? A big upgrade, as it's no longer the huge momentum drain it used to be. It can use it quite safely, as Ground types won't want to risk a Scald.

Sucker Punch Marowak

Priority is a huge upgrade for the bonekeeper, as it can now KOfaster foes. Hits like a nuclear bomb after an SD thanks to Thick Club.

Hurricane Charizard

Say hello to Moltres jr. Means that now Assault Vest Hariyama can't counter the special set. You still can't touch Lanturn though.

Solid Rock Omastar

No way would this thing be NU. After a SS, it can outrun Scarf 89s, and with good physical bulk and Solid Rock priority is no longer a reliable way of revenge killing it. Too much.

Overall, pretty good slate, although my favourites for the time being are Marowak and Stunfisk

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time for voting!
+ Earthquake
+ Volt Switch
+ Sucker Punch
+ Hurricane
+ Solid Rock
Vote for your Two favourites! Voting will end around Sunday/Monday

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Omastar and Zard

Will you add the previous winners of each week in the archive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)