Tournament The ORAS NU Ladder Tourrnament III [Won by Teddeh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Cycle 1 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1649 | GXE: 90.5% | Record: 56-4 (93.33%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1635 | GXE: 85.0% | Record: 94-23 (80.34%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1631 | GXE: 86.9% | Record: 48-6 (88.88%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1623 | GXE: 85.9% | Record: 38-5 (88.37%)
Notable / Popular Cycle 1 Teams

Below are some popular teams used during Cycle 1. These show some of the trends discussed above and provide some insight into the type of builds people were using to compete with (mainly bulky offense and stall). Many of the teams here were used by more than one person, including several of the people who qualified for Cycle 1. I may have missed a few, so please feel free to mention any teams you feel were popular during the cycle and I will add them. Note, replays were a little tedious to find, so if there are better ones people have in mind, please let me know and I'll include them as well.
  • - Used by both Teddeh and HJAD in order to qualify this round, this version of Clefairy balance has proven how effective at laddering it is, even helping Teddeh reach 1800s on his main account. Using sets like support Clefairy with Seismic Toss / Knock Off / Thunder Wave / Soft Boiled and Calm Mind Xatu this team was easily able to break through the more offensive and even stallier builds on ladder with help from pokemon like Choice Band Liepard. Some Replays: #1, #2, #3
  • - Used by Shadestep in order to break into the Top 4, we see the first stall team of the tour, and its one made by Allstar seen in his RMT here. Stall has been infamous for being amazing for laddering, and all this has done is proven it right. This is a very different stall team, built around an unusual pick in Bronzor to set up rocks and check threats like Gastrodon, Steelix, Aurorus, and Archeops among others that could get annoying for stall. From there the team follows a very common stall archetype, with Audino / Gourgeist / Weezing, with Defog Skuntank for hazard control and a special sponge in Sliggoo.
  • - Used by Advantage in his laddering for this cycle, another Clefairy balance team was able to break the top 4, showing how effective it is in the current metagame. Advantage chose to go at this with a defensive backbone of Clefairy, Steelix, and Altaria running the same Clefairy set as Teddeh and HJAD chose to run in the team above. In order to break fatter teams, Advantage chose to go with Scarf Abomasnow and Specs Pyroar to pressure bulkier builds that tend to be seen on ladder, which along with Taunt Steelix is able to shut them down pretty quickly. Here is a replay of the team in action: #1
  • - While not seen used by anyone this cycle, Rain has been another common archtype that people see on ladder due to how great of a matchup it can have vs common offensive and balanced archetypes due to them not being able to handle the constant pressure from Pokemon like Luidcolo, Kabutops, and Omastar.
Overall this was a great cycle, and feel free to PM me more replays / teams that you think should be included, or just post it yourself below :toast: (s/o bloo for the format)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)