Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
guest57

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Psyshock

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 Atk / 232 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Shell Smash
- Spikes

Bird spam is a lot of fun in NU because with mega lix leaving, it has opened the door for flying types a little more. I decided to run hazard stack with flying spam because things like Rhydon and Regirock can only switch in a number of times as both of these flying resists have no access to recovery. Crustle is the go to hazard stacker because it gets both stealth rock and spikes and can beat Xatu. Shell smash allows me to beat other Crustle and the aforementioned Xatu. Custap berry is just there so i can get a last ditch hit or hazard off before i die. Mental herb or red card are also viable options. Next i'll talk about the bird spam core. Archeops is the best flying type in the tier because it has the ability to hit the entire tier hard. Nothing resists its entire moveset which allows it to decimate teams. Aqua tail means Rhydon is no longer a counter as it is easily 2 hit ko'd. Even steel types like Klinklang are easily 2 hit ko'd by earthquake. Next on the list is bulky SD Scyther. Everyone and their mother knows I love this set because it beats a lot of the common threats in the current metagame such as fighting types, CM psychics and Crodino. To complete the flying spam core, I added a Swanna. Swanna is very underrated because a lot of people dont recognize water flying being great offensively. Im running both hurricane and brave bird to hit things like defensive Vileplume and Hariyama harder respectively. Next I have a Claydol because the one thing that tears apart bird spam is stealth rock. I have a more offensive Claydol spread in order to get off rapid spins more reliably. I guess you could theoretically make this more defensive as Klinklang is a huge threat to this team but it if they have a Klinklang, just dont lead Crustle and let it have free set up. Lastly I have a Hariyama to help with fire and ice types. This mon is just a glue. It also gives the team some priority which is nice.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I really like the idea behind this set, but I have yet to use it effectively, maybe because it always seems to end up on the shit teams I build instead of the good teams. Anyways, I would like to see this be the star of the team but if it is used for support to set up a sweep for a Pokemon that is fine too.

P.S. Please do not use Fire Spam with this (i.e. Magmortar + Pyroar) I want to forgo Fire Spam and use this more as a Fire check / Lilligant counter lol

Hey I talked it over with a couple of the lab members and we are going to close it for now. Reasoning behind this is that we're all in NUPL and we only have so much free time. Sorry :/

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Had a really fun battle vs QueenofLuvdiscs for week 1, decided to bring a really underused playstyle because I thought it had potential. With that I bring you my version of Sand Stall :]

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Cryogonal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 224 HP / 172 Def / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic

I really don't have the time to post a teambuilding walkthrough, but if you have a question on a set or something let me know and I'll do my best to answer, I think most of the roles are self explanatory.

Threatlist: Power Up Punch Kangaskhan, Calm Mind Uxie, Calm Mind Xatu, Nasty Plot Jynx, Regirock, Dual Dance Rhydon

I'm sure theres more but those are the main ones I think you're likely to encounter, as far as beating them just don't let Kanga get enough boosts to KO Stoutland with Sucker Punch. Uxie and Xatu can either be revenged by Stoutland in Sand, or in the case of Xatu, Cryogonal can opt to run Frost Breath to deal with it. Jynx is the single biggest threat to this team imo; however, with sand up Stoutland can Pursuit trap it and sand damage breaks its potential sash. Regirock can be really annoying to deal with early- and mid-game because they typically won't stay in on Cradily to get Toxic'd, I suppose you can run Toxic on Hippo over Whirlwind, but you become considerably weaker to Rhydon. Speaking of Rhydon SD and Double Dance sets can be really threatening as Hippo doesnt appreciate taking hits, and Granbull can't do much with Play Rough, your best bet is probably revenging with Stoutland provided they don't somehow get to +4.

Had a really fun battle vs QueenofLuvdiscs for week 1, decided to bring a really underused playstyle because I thought it had potential. With that I bring you my version of Sand Stall :]

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Cryogonal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 224 HP / 172 Def / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Frillish @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic

I really don't have the time to post a teambuilding walkthrough, but if you have a question on a set or something let me know and I'll do my best to answer, I think most of the roles are self explanatory.

Threatlist: Power Up Punch Kangaskhan, Calm Mind Uxie, Calm Mind Xatu, Nasty Plot Jynx, Regirock, Dual Dance Rhydon

I'm sure theres more but those are the main ones I think you're likely to encounter, as far as beating them just don't let Kanga get enough boosts to KO Stoutland with Sucker Punch. Uxie and Xatu can either be revenged by Stoutland in Sand, or in the case of Xatu, Cryogonal can opt to run Frost Breath to deal with it. Jynx is the single biggest threat to this team imo; however, with sand up Stoutland can Pursuit trap it and sand damage breaks its potential sash. Regirock can be really annoying to deal with early- and mid-game because they typically won't stay in on Cradily to get Toxic'd, I suppose you can run Toxic on Hippo over Whirlwind, but you become considerably weaker to Rhydon. Speaking of Rhydon SD and Double Dance sets can be really threatening as Hippo doesnt appreciate taking hits, and Granbull can't do much with Play Rough, your best bet is probably revenging with Stoutland provided they don't somehow get to +4.
Looks awesome man! Thanks :] I'll go ahead and give it a drive and get back with how it does! - Btw, what does Cryo's spread do? I'm assuming that Bull's speed is to outjog something like base 50-55's

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks awesome man! Thanks :] I'll go ahead and give it a drive and get back with how it does! - Btw, what does Cryo's spread do? I'm assuming that Bull's speed is to outjog something like base 50-55's
yeah the creep on bull is for 50s that creep, getting an extra sleep talk turn vs yama, prinp, etc. is p good. the spread on cryo guarantees rotoms and samu's can't 2hko u with tbolt/hydro, uh speed is for like neutral base 80s or something and the def is just necessary so you don't die to a tackle lol

yeah the creep on bull is for 50s that creep, getting an extra sleep talk turn vs yama, prinp, etc. is p good. the spread on cryo guarantees rotoms and samu's can't 2hko u with tbolt/hydro, uh speed is for like neutral base 80s or something and the def is just necessary so you don't die to a tackle lol
Good shit homes. I blow at stall, so it'll take a little bit to get the knack, but after some practice, I'm stealing Queen's spot as stall lord :]

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know it's C- in the viability rankings (but it shouldn't be lol), but I'd like to ask for a team with Arbok. Arbok's a really cool mon, being one of our few offensive Poison-types, never mind physical ones, and it's a pretty good Fighting and Mega Audino check, especially with Intimidate. Boosted Gunk Shots are really strong, while boosted Sucker Punches put a dent on anything faster. Overall, it looks like a solid mon that I'm kinda just failing to build around :p Thank you!

I know this is technically closed right now, but this team got requested a while back and I felt like trying Arbok. The biggest problem with Arbok is that depending on the coverage you choose, different things just completely shit on it. Uxie handles the stuff that Arbok can't beat (Claydol and Seimsitoad mostly) and helps deter stuff like Sawk a bit since you can't really run most dedicated Fighting switchins alongside Arbok because of clashing typing. Hariyama helps with Fire-types. Mawile offers a Flying and Normal resist, Stealth Rock support, and a slow pivot. Scarf Lilligant offers some speed, making the team a bit less Tauros/general fastmon weak, and Healing Wish support for Arbok and Uxie. Swellow is there to offer some sort of immediate power, which the team kind of lacks without it, as well as Speed to help take on all the fastmons in NU right now.

I decided to run Earthquake on Arbok because even though most Garbodor are setup fodder for it, they can get up tons of Spikes against it, and it walls and/or sets up Spikes on half the team already. Earthquake also helps with Klinklang, which is pretty annoying for this team if it can set up. Hidden Power Fire on Uxie is also mostly to deter Klinklang from getting free setup. The spread on Hariyama allows it to take two Earth Powers from Mega Camerupt and two Extrasensorys from Typhlosion after two Stealth Rock switch-ins or one Spike, which is really important because it's the teams primary defensive response to them. The Speed on Mawile creeps base 60s, allowing it to Taunt stuff like Weezing to prevent it from using Will-O-Wisp and Vileplume from using Sleep Powder, which are really annoying for the team because the only status absorber is Sleep Talk Swellow. Taunt Mawile also helps with stuff like Swords Dance Scyther, though with Swellow and HP Rock Lilligant, it's not a huge deal anyways. Hidden Power Rock on Lilligant hits Scyther and Typhlosion because even though they are covered reasonably well on this team, having a way to lure them can take a lot of pressure off the team.

The team is a little weak to Malamar, so if you find yourself struggling with it, feel free to change Hidden Power Fire to Signal Beam on Mesprit. Klinklang is also kind of annoying, but Earthquake Arbok, HP Fire Uxie, and Heat Wave Swellow help keep it from setting up freely. Mega Camerupt, though covered somewhat well with Hariyama, can be scary because nothing on the team outright OHKOs it, so play aggressively with Hariyama against it.
Arbok @ Black Sludge
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 220 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Taunt

Lilligant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

guest57

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Psyshock

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 Atk / 232 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Shell Smash
- Spikes

Bird spam is a lot of fun in NU because with mega lix leaving, it has opened the door for flying types a little more. I decided to run hazard stack with flying spam because things like Rhydon and Regirock can only switch in a number of times as both of these flying resists have no access to recovery. Crustle is the go to hazard stacker because it gets both stealth rock and spikes and can beat Xatu. Shell smash allows me to beat other Crustle and the aforementioned Xatu. Custap berry is just there so i can get a last ditch hit or hazard off before i die. Mental herb or red card are also viable options. Next i'll talk about the bird spam core. Archeops is the best flying type in the tier because it has the ability to hit the entire tier hard. Nothing resists its entire moveset which allows it to decimate teams. Aqua tail means Rhydon is no longer a counter as it is easily 2 hit ko'd. Even steel types like Klinklang are easily 2 hit ko'd by earthquake. Next on the list is bulky SD Scyther. Everyone and their mother knows I love this set because it beats a lot of the common threats in the current metagame such as fighting types, CM psychics and Crodino. To complete the flying spam core, I added a Swanna. Swanna is very underrated because a lot of people dont recognize water flying being great offensively. Im running both hurricane and brave bird to hit things like defensive Vileplume and Hariyama harder respectively. Next I have a Claydol because the one thing that tears apart bird spam is stealth rock. I have a more offensive Claydol spread in order to get off rapid spins more reliably. I guess you could theoretically make this more defensive as Klinklang is a huge threat to this team but it if they have a Klinklang, just dont lead Crustle and let it have free set up. Lastly I have a Hariyama to help with fire and ice types. This mon is just a glue. It also gives the team some priority which is nice.
hello this team seems to be 6-0ed by Fraxure. Here it is in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-225635657

Heya guys!
Deeerpz here with my very first post on the smogon forums. I'm really really new to competetive battling and this place has been incredibly helpful in my learning experience so far. It's a lot to soak up, but I'm trying my best to learn quickly.

That being said, even after reading and watching lots of guides on team building, I still don't really have a clue on how to go about building a halfway decent team, which is why I am asking you guys for guidance.

I want to use two of my favourite Pokemon in the tier, Pyroar and Scyther. I really like the dual typing on Pyroar which to me seems to make him a threat even to certain mon that would be able to keep him in check. Scyther has been one my favourite pokemon ever since RBY. From what I've gathered so far, it is being used to set up Sword Dances on defensively oriented pokemon and then demolish whole teams. This seems to be a play style that relies on being able to comprehend and foresee your opponents team/actions respectively, and I think that is a great way to go about learning how to play the game correctly.

Unfortunately I cannot provide sets as I'm a complete and utter noob and have no idea which sets of these two mon would complement each other.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting a request while this thread is closed for NUPL. If it is against the rules, let me know and I will remove this and re-post it at a more appropriate time.

Last edited:
Heya guys!
Deeerpz here with my very first post on the smogon forums. I'm really really new to competetive battling and this place has been incredibly helpful in my learning experience so far. It's a lot to soak up, but I'm trying my best to learn quickly.

That being said, even after reading and watching lots of guides on team building, I still don't really have a clue on how to go about building a halfway decent team, which is why I am asking you guys for guidance.

I want to use two of my favourite Pokemon in the tier, Pyroar and Scyther. I really like the dual typing on Pyroar which to me seems to make him a threat even to certain mon that would be able to keep him in check. Scyther has been one my favourite pokemon ever since RBY. From what I've gathered so far, it is being used to set up Sword Dances on defensively oriented pokemon and then demolish whole teams. This seems to be a play style that relies on being able to comprehend and foresee your opponents team/actions respectively, and I think that is a great way to go about learning how to play the game correctly.

Unfortunately I cannot provide sets as I'm a complete and utter noob and have no idea which sets of these two mon would complement each other.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting a request while this thread is closed for NUPL. If it is against the rules, let me know and I will remove this and re-post it at a more appropriate time.
I'm sorry but the lab is indeed closed because of nupl. You can repost this when we reopen the lab and we will get to your request then :)

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hail team
Aurorus @ Choice Scarf/ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard

- Earth Power
- Psychic
I would really like to see one of the teambuilders focus on a good hail team. I have tried making one myself but yet, it was not very good. I know hail isn't amazing but I feel there a lot of pokemon that can benefit from snow warning that aurorus provides. Aurorus is the main pokemon of this team because if it provides the weather on switch, the choice of item is up to the teambuilder ^-^
I happened to make a hail team earlier today, so feel free to use it. Again, I know this is closed, but this was requested a while back.

I went with Stealth Rock Aurorus because even though it doesn't get too many opportunities to set up, it's kind of difficult to fit Stealth Rock on the team otherwise unless you use Seismitoad as a Rock / Water resist, but then it's harder to fit a hazard remover with synergy. SubSplit Rotom-Frost is the shit, and it's pretty good with or without hail up. Same goes with Scarf Jynx, though you can make it a bit more hail reliant in exchange for Focus Blast, which makes the team less Sneasel weak. Garbodor offers a Fighting resist and Toxic Spikes support, which is sick with hail. Claydol gives a Rock and secondary Fighting resist, as well as Rapid Spin support. I went with Shadow Ball because beating spinblockers is really important for this team. Lanturn gives a dedicated Fire resist and Volt Switch and Thunder Wave support.
Aurorus @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Trick

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 208 HP / 244 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Hey, I was just playing a game on ladder and my opponents Probopass was causing me all kinds of problems. Probopass is also one of my favorite pokemon, can you build a stall team using Probopass?

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Gem

Tbh I have no idea what ev spread to run on this thing, so feel free to change anything about this set!

PS Apologies if I missed a team requested with Probopass.
I also slapped together a Probopass stall team, but this was specifically for the thread. I haven't had the chance to test it yet so I can't say for sure how good it is, but on paper it looks alright.

I started the team out knowing I didn't want to use quite the set you had listed for Probopass. I actually don't think Probopass is very good at all on stall, but it does have a niche in beating Xatu with Discharge + Power Gem. If I remember correctly, this combination is guaranteed to KO standard Xatu and outspeed it after paralyzing with Discharge, which doesn't allow it to Roost away its Rock weakness. Knowing that, I felt pretty free to use other Pokemon that had no way to beat it because most teams using Xatu rely on it as a means to keep Stealth Rock off the field, forcing them to stay in with it against Probopass or risk being heavily handicapped throughout the rest of the game. I went with Quilladin because I've never gotten the chance to use it, and Spikes, Super Fang, Leech Seed, and reliably recovery are all really cool. With Probopass making it really difficult to fit another Flying resist that beat Archeops, I ended up adding on Quagsire, which can both cover Archeops and beat bulky setup sweepers barring Giga Drain Uxie. SpDef Flareon gives an answer to Fire-types and offers Wish support. CM Xatu gives a win condition (because Curse Quagsire is pretty much never sweeping) and an answer to opposing hazard setters. Lastly, Weezing takes pressure off Xatu to check Fighting-types and gives the team Toxic Spikes. It also checks most common NU Dark-types really well.

I'm sure the EV spreads can be more optimized, but I'd have to tinker with them for a while first. The Defense EVs on Probopass guarantee it to live a +2 Adamant Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile's Iron Head after Stealth Rock damage. Curse on Quagsire allows it to beat bulky sweepers such as Mega Audino and Malamar. You can also consider replacing Scald with Toxic to help with SD Samurott. I went with Giga Drain on Xatu to help beat opposing stall with Quagsire because as it stands, it's pretty much the team's only way to win against opposing stall in fewer than 500 turns. Flamethrower on Weezing seemed unnecessary because the main things it hits are beat by Quagsire anyways.
Quilladin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Super Fang
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Discharge
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 228 Atk / 116 Def / 120 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Rapid Spin

Alright I know this lab is technically closed but i wanted to start posting my NUPL teams before i got too lazy. This is the team i brought week one against Jamvad. I wanted to use t-spikes because they tear apart teams that dont prepare for them but i was tired of using Garbodor. I also wanted a mon that could taunt and get up hazards because we dont have Qwilfish anymore. That brings us to Weezing. This mon sets up t-spikes reliably and can taunt to beat set up mons like Mega Audino reliably (unless they are offensive with Psychic ofc). The next 2 members on the team are there because they are fast threats and appreciate Weezing to take priority and fighting hits. Banded Sneasel is a god. It is so good right now because it simply outspeeds everything and smacks it hard. Even its checks and counters get worn down by knock off (excluding mega dino obviously). Pursuit allows me to trap Xatu's in order to get up t-spikes. Side Note: Sometimes you might need to icicle crash on Xatu over knock or pursuit because colbur is quite common so your opponent might stay in trying to t-wave you or u-turn out. Next is Tauros. This mon is also a great addition because of its sheer power; Just dont miss shoutout Raseri. Fire Blast keeps Ferroseed away which just helps this monstrosity run through teams. Next i wanted a fire and ice switch in. Hariyama is the most obvious answer so i went with that. It also gave me priority which is nice. Fake out + t-spikes is just beautiful. The ev spread is just to be able to take physical hits kind of well and the speed is just to creep other yama's. Feel free to make it more sp.def if you wish. Next I wanted a normal resist and water resist. Enter Ferroseed. This mon is great all around and provides rocks which is nice. Lastly is Claydol. Keeping hazards off the field means Tauros and Sneasel can run free without having to be worn down every time they want to come in. The speed is for adamant Sawk and shadow ball is for Gourgeist and Xatu. Last note: I know this team was made before the new drops being Fletch, Pinsir, Mag and Kabutops however i think this team can handle them to an extent. Pinsir seems a bit threatening but hopeful Yama can eat a hit or 2. Maybe Stone Edge over BP could work. I would keep Fake out because it pairs so well with t-spikes. Anyways, im rambling. Hope you like the team.

Last edited:

fuck f/w/g cores (Zweilous) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Sleep Talk

!data lucky chant (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 220 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

mfw no roost (Mantine) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Defog

NOT TODAY SATAN (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

superior heliolisk (Rotom) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

i play tennis. lol. (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- u-turn
- aerial ace
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off

Hey guys im back with my week 2 NUPL team. I wanted to build with Zweilous because it is a lot of fun and has cool typing. Also if you are as lucky as me you wont miss hehe bwoi. Dual Stab is standard, then i have fire fang to catch Ferroseed with helps out Scyther and my defensive core. Sleep Talk allows it to beat non hp ice Lilligant. The speed is to outpace things like speed creeping lantrun and stuff around that speed tier. Next I have Musharna. This set is retardedly good and often just wins games if your opponent doesnt have a mon with toxic or a dark type. I decided to go with this mon because it can take fighting hits with ease which helps out Zweilous. Mushy can also take ice hits that would also hurt Zweilous shoutout hollywood Musharna really is a metagame resist. Next on the list is Mantine. Mantine just helps against special waters like Samurott and it also provides hazard control. T-spikes currently hurt me and rocks hurt Scyther. Regirock is next because it provides not only a normal and flying resist, but it synergizes well with Mantine and Musharna. It also gives me rocks. Earthquake helps with klinklang. Next is spooky plate rotom. This mon is becoming one of my favorite mons to use. Everyone has become used to seeing a choice item on this monster so bluffing a choice item is pretty easy. This allows you to smack your opponent when they least expect it. Lastly, i have scarf Scyther. Scarf Scyther allows me to net surprise KO's on things like Sneasel or other Scyther which would otherwise stop mushy from coming through. Again, this team was built before the drops so take note that it is a bit weak to Stone Edge Pinsir and Kabutops. This team is still solid so i wanted to post it. Enjoy.

HIGH ON LIFE (Exeggutor) @ Coba Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- SolarBeam
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

SHOUTOUT BLARA (Liepard) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off
- Encore
- U-turn

CASED VICTORY (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- SolarBeam
- Weather Ball
- Growth

LEAN BACK (Uxie) @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Psyshock
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

SCARF BUCK (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rain Dance
- Double Edge
- Jump Kick

NO COMPRENDE GG (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Hey guys this is my week 4 team that i used against Blapperl. I got johned week 3 so thats why it looks like i skipped a week. Anyways onto the team. This team follows a basic weather team layout. I have Liepard which provides prankster Sunny Day and momentum. What else can i ask for? Max hp allows me to live a banded icicle crash from Sneasel. My second mon dedicated to setting up sun is Uxie. Uxie is fast and bulky and allows me to not only get sun up but rocks too and obtain momentum thru u-turn. Now onto the sweepers. Exeggutor is amazing under sun. I cannot think of a sun team without this monster. Psychic Grass is fantastic offensively. I am running psyshock to hit things like Hariyama and Mismagius harder. Solarbeam because powerful STAB. Sleep Powder can be exchanged for HP fire to hit Ferroseed if you want. Coba is a bit gimmicky but i wanted to surprise Fletchinder and knock it out. The reason i have sleep powder is because it allows me to get sun back up pretty easily. Next is the monster known as Victreebel. Growth allows me to sweep teams under sun. You force so many switches which is why i believe you have many chances to set up. Its moveset allows for perfect neutral coverage if you are under sun. Next up is the underrated threat known as Sawsbuck. This is the true MVP right here. Again shoutout The Goomy for inspiring the idea. Dual Stab is self explanatory and jump kick hits things like Ferroseed. Rain Dance allows me to support my last mon known as Kabutops. The reason i have Kabutops is not to spin, but to sweep late game and provide a normal and flying resist. You could theoretically put spin over superpower however i wanted a lure for Ferroseed to clear the way for Eggy because i lack hp fire. This team is a hell of a lot of fun however the surprise factor went away once i used the team :[. Nevertheless, i hope you enjoy n_n

NUPL is done for some of the lab members so this is free!

Removed all mentions of seismitoad RIP. let me know if there are any other illegal teams I missed. Also, all the teams post drops will go in the new archive because they don't really fit in the current meta.

also The Goomy is gone and hollywood is in!

Current List is:
  • Mushy CM Pass (tcw)
  • CB Flareon (Metaphysical)
  • Mega Audino + Ferroseed (scald)
  • smash huntail + garb (valetta)
  • Barbaracle (thunderorange)
  • double bull (montsegur)
  • LO Raichu (caihar)
  • Liechi Golem (Blaziken1337)
there are still a bunch of suggestions so i'm only gonna open it for 4 more suggestions D:

Mega-Swampert

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sorry this took so long Mega-Swampert, but at least now you have a team that functions with the new drops @_@. I actually wanted to build this team around magnets + fletch because the drops were really shiny and new and I wanted to use them. I added Stunfisk next because it's a really good defensive rocks setter in this meta and its one of the few magnets checks. Stunfisk + Pelipper is a really nice defensive core and Pelipper supplied me with defog for fletch and a check to stuff like SD samurott. Malamar and Sawk were the last 2 added because they synergized extremely well and provided me with a win condition against defensive teams as well as a great wallbreaker. The team is pretty weak to Kabutops, but Magneton and Sawk can check it and Fletch has speed ev's so that it can outspeed and burn. it also can't OHKO stunfisk so if need be it can check.

Heya,

I was very new to competetive pokemon when I posted my first suggestion and I would like to withdraw that. Those were two pretty generic pokemon to build around. Instead, I would like to submit a request that features the least used of the new drops: Pinsir, more specifically Scarf Moxie Pinsir. I want to pair it with another cool pokemon I have not used yet and that would do a good job taking care of Fire and Rock threats for Pinsir: specially offensive Poliwrath.

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I think these two can work together pretty well. I envision the team to turn out rather balanced, but I think a slight offensive tendency might work out just fine, too. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
I would like to request a balanced hazard stack team utilizing Fletchinder. A common theme with Fletch checks are that they tend to lack a reliable form of recovery and so having hazard stack to support a Fletch sweep. Something like Ferroseed would probably be good Spike user because its typing/bulk allows it to check a lot of the mons that threaten the bird. Thanks in advance. :]

Fletchinder
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: ???
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off / Gyro Ball

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
NUPL is done for some of the lab members so this is free!

Removed all mentions of seismitoad RIP. let me know if there are any other illegal teams I missed. Also, all the teams post drops will go in the new archive because they don't really fit in the current meta.

also The Goomy is gone and hollywood is in!

Current List is:
  • Mushy CM Pass (tcw)
  • CB Flareon (Metaphysical)
  • Mega Audino + Ferroseed (scald)
  • smash huntail + garb (valetta)
  • Barbaracle (thunderorange)
  • double bull (montsegur)
  • LO Raichu (caihar)
  • Liechi Golem (Blaziken1337)
there are still a bunch of suggestions so i'm only gonna open it for 4 more suggestions D:

Mega-Swampert

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sorry this took so long Mega-Swampert, but at least now you have a team that functions with the new drops @_@. I actually wanted to build this team around magnets + fletch because the drops were really shiny and new and I wanted to use them. I added Stunfisk next because it's a really good defensive rocks setter in this meta and its one of the few magnets checks. Stunfisk + Pelipper is a really nice defensive core and Pelipper supplied me with defog for fletch and a check to stuff like SD samurott. Malamar and Sawk were the last 2 added because they synergized extremely well and provided me with a win condition against defensive teams as well as a great wallbreaker. The team is pretty weak to Kabutops, but Magneton and Sawk can check it and Fletch has speed ev's so that it can outspeed and burn. it also can't OHKO stunfisk so if need be it can check.

:'(. it's not my fault this started right before finals and my trip to finland. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)