Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pidgeot + Focus Blast: YES

Pangogo + Contrary: Better than Malamar in the Contrary Superpower aspect, but I still think it's garbage in OU. Its stats are still really bad, with the exception of its Attack stat. The problem with this is that it looses its ability to hit Mega Sableye Super Effectively and OHKO it, which was its biggest niche in OU to be honest. Also, all of its other abilities are fantasitc and benefit it immensly. It doesn't need a better ability, it needs better stats in general. Not a fan at all.

Arcanine + Dragon Dance: RIP cool Idea. Me and Sacrificial Lambtias actually said "What if this goes up against something awesome like Focus Blast Mega Pidgeot?" God damn it Ian you totally jinxed it. Arcanine does have Intimidate, making its bulk really good, even if uninvested. People have stated that Char X is better, but I disagree. Char X has an even worse x4 weakness to SR before Mega Evolving, takes up a Mega slot and is completely walled by Heatran if it doesn't have EQ. Arcanine has awesome coverage in CC and Wild Charge, so there's that. I guess it still gets worn down easily, but it does have E-Speed, so it isn't weak to any forms of priority. Still don't see this winning so w / e.

Reuniclus + Volt Switch: We've honestly had way too much Regenerator crap I this theorymon project, and we don't need another. Annoying and it looses it's use as a Magic Guard Calm Minder, so not a fan tbh.

Last edited:
The problem I have with Arcanine as a bulky Dragon Dancer is that two of it's best attacking options -- including it's STAB -- cause recoil damage, Flare Blitz and Wild Charge, while it's other best attacking option, Close Combat, completely mitigates every bit of bulk Intimidate gave you. You're practically forced to run Morning Sun while wittling yourself down every single time you attack and hence I just think this makes an awful bulky set-up sweeper.
Yes Charizard X uses Flare Blitz, but at least that's just one move and even then it still has the option of running Fire Punch. Arcanine gets... the elemental fangs I guess? Your best option that doesn't wittle you down is Crunch. Not a fan in the slightest; sorry Recreant , but I just cannot see this working at all, especially when all the other options are so much more interesting and just better in general.

Bear in mind that Parting shot lets Pangoro phase mega sableye while also boosting its attack even further, it's certainly not a safe switch in :o

Nope, magic bounce bounces parting shot back at Pangoro, raising its stats due to contrary, and then forces sableye to switch out.

EDIT: oh ninja'd

RIP Dragon Dance Arcanine
Focus Blast Mega Pidgeot and Contrary Pangoro are far better choices.
I'll have to read into some more discussion about these two before I make my decision on which I like more. Pangoro seems terrifying vs intimidate cores and Mega Sableye, while focus blast gives Mega Pidgeot the coverage it sorely needs.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Focus Blast Pidgeot would be cool for getting stuff like Rhyperior and Heatran a bit better so I guess it would make it more viable. Still sucks Stone Edge and Thunder hits you all the time though rofl.

Contrary Pangoro seems legit cause with the right moveset you can threaten various playstyles all at once with a contrary boost while not being that piece of garbage known as Malamar. Sucks you lose Scrappy for beating M-Sableye but like someone mentioned above the mindgames help it out.

Not exactly sure how Arcanine would play out with Dragon Dance might need a replay or something cause it seems like it doesn't add too much to the table outside of being a Fire Type Dragonite of Sorts with Espeed with the intimidate factor similar to Gyarados.

Volt Switch Reuni seems annoying but Magic Guard is what takes the cake for Reuni so I don't think this will help it too much from a practical sense.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Volt Switch Reuni could be interesting on an anti-offense TR set, maybe. Contrary Pangoro seems interesting but easy to play around, especially since it still doesn't outspeed much at +1. I have some other thoughts on the slate, which I'll add in when I've got a bit more time.

This slate seems so good so i wanna comment on it

Focus Blast Pidgeot- Anyone who has used Mega Pinser or Hawlucha knows how good Fighting/Flying coverage is. Top it all off with perfect accuracy makes pidgeot able to get passed its usual checks and counters like Tyranitar and Heatran. It still takes up the mega slot, and 135 unboosted isn't weak, but isn't something to brag about, but the base power of the moves certainly helps.

Contrary Pangoro- I just wanna say i love Pangoro, it got so many new tools to use in ORAS, but as mentioned above, Pangoros problems are in its stats. I can find reasons and say all of his abilities are viable. Contrary does have the ability to boost his speed or attack and defense, but his typing leaves him vulnerable to common attacking types, like bird spam and fighting spam. even at +1 speed he can get outsped by common choice mons, and just regular mons at that. I would try Superpower Pangoro in trick room to nab some boosts and negate his bad speed. Im not trying to bash Pangoro, i just don't think it thrives in OU, its more of a UU/RU threat.

Dragon Dance Arcanine- It sounds good on paper, but it gets worse when put into play. Intimidate is nice, but its coverage moves leave it to be worn down. FB and Wild Charge both deal recoil to it, so it wears itself down, while CC lowers his defenses not only making the intimidate drop worthless, but leaves you more vulnerable to priority. Unlike Starapter, who is a wall breaker that kills itself, Arcanine is suppose to sweep, so setting up and sweeping is highly unlikely. Yes it has Extreme Speed, but not having stab on it with his average attack stat means most things will live and revenge kill. You can run morning sun for recovery, but that can get PP stalled, and you forgo a coverage move to run it. Not useless, but not looking for a Dragon Dancer that doesn't exactly stand out.

Volt Switch Reuniclus- This guy gives trick room a buff IMO. Regenerator makes it able to not only pivot out to your trick room sweeper, but also gets HP back to come back and set up trick room again later. it also can just act as a bulky pivot while running an assault vest, seeing as its Hp is good, and if Tornadus-T can run an effective AV set, this guy can to, the slow volt switch also helps for getting sweepers in safely.

I honestly don't have a secure vote yet, seeing how all these have a buff in their own respect, so ill love to see what points people bring up for each mon to convince me what to vote for.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, people are missing the point when saying that Reuniclus likes Magic Guard more or that Volt Switch is going to help in TR roles. To give you an idea of how amazing as an Assault Vest pivot Regen Reuniclus would be, with max HP / max SpD, Reuniclus has the same special bulk as fully invested Cresselia, but with Regenerator, a much higher SpA, access to Focus Blast, and Volt Switch. Such a set would be able to turn most special attackers without STAB super effective move into switch-in chances for all kinds of dangerous offensive Pokemon that struggle to switch in otherwise, and would be an huge buff to Volt-turn strategies. Here is another funny calc to show you just how amazing of a pivot Reuniclus would be:
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 182-218 (42.9 - 51.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 161-191 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
So, with that kind of bulk, you know that you are going to have a positive matchup against every single special attacker, as even if you can't immediately threaten them you can just Volt Switch out, regain health, and bring in safely the appropriate answer, as Reuniclus is guaranteed to go last.

Volt Switch/AV Reuniclus might become the best answer to Ninja in the metagame tbh.

216 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 151-182 (35.6 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 278-328 (97.5 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

So it comes in, tanks anything Ninja throws at it, threatens an OHKO with Focus Blast, and is still able to keep momentum and heal off the damage with Regenerator. Reuni is a really fun mon and I'm totally on board with this idea, as it'd immediately make it one of OU's best pivots.

Volt Switch/AV Reuniclus might become the best answer to Ninja in the metagame tbh.

216 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 151-182 (35.6 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 278-328 (97.5 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

So it comes in, tanks anything Ninja throws at it, threatens an OHKO with Focus Blast, and is still able to keep momentum and heal off the damage with Regenerator. Reuni is a really fun mon and I'm totally on board with this idea, as it'd immediately make it one of OU's best pivots.
Minor question, but was Greninja neutral, weak, or resistant to Focus Blast in that calc? Also, How well would such a Reuniclus set hold up to Gunk Shot, which is the other "mandatory" move for Greninja?

Minor question, but was Greninja neutral, weak, or resistant to Focus Blast in that calc? Also, How well would such a Reuniclus set hold up to Gunk Shot, which is the other "mandatory" move for Greninja?
Considering Reuniclus just took a Dark Pulse...

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm on my phone and having trouble pasting the calc, but 40 Atk Gunk Shot does 50-59.1% to 252/0 Reuni.

Considering Reuniclus just took a Dark Pulse...
Alright, should rephrase the question: How hard does Reuniclus hit Greninja on a neutral hit? Because as noted by Hogg, Reuniclus takes over 50% from Gunk Shot, which is by all intents more common right now on Ninja, so Reuniclus still needs to be fully sure it picks the right move for whatever Greninja's type becomes with Protean.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm on my phone and having trouble pasting the calc, but 40 Atk Gunk Shot does 50-59.1% to 252/0 Reuni.
Here you go.

40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Reuniclus: 212-251 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Pidgeot + Focus Blast
Totally unoriginal, but still a good one. My personal flavor justification for this is that Mega Pidgeot resembles a Super Saiyan with its golden hair, so it gains the ability to use the Kamehameha. As others have said, a Focus Blast that doesn't miss is an amazing asset that gives it an edge over Tornadus-T.

Pangoro + Contrary
Interesting combo that sounds pretty cool. Screwing with Lando-T, Mega Manectric, Sticky Web, and getting boosts from Hammer Arm and Superpower would give it a definite niche in OU. Assault Vest sets would become much better since you could spam Superpower and not care about missing Parting Shot.

Arcanine + Dragon Dance
Pretty "meh", but it would probably make Arcanine viable. Close Combat and Extreme Speed give it a reason to be used over other Dragon Dancers, plus Burn immunity is always awesome for Physical Sweepers.

Reuniclus + Volt Switch
Weird choice, but would be an amazing pivot like alexwolf said.

Last edited:
Eek. My mind is stuck in an era in which Psychic resists Poison. Anyways, Reuni's best neutral coverage option would probably be Shadow Ball.

4 SpA Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 93-110 (32.6 - 38.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
suspect pls

...So it should probably just Volt Switch out. However, if you're into playing prediction games, either Psyshock or Focus Blast will OHKO Greninja at any type in the standard mixed set. Still, not exactly a winning strategy.

Gonna admit, I can see potential in Contrary Pangoro, even though I submitted a similar idea for it (tough claws). Contrary is a potentially broken ability, and Super Power's nifty and all.

Even still, I'm not sure it has the durability to pull it off. I feel like Pan needs immediate power, and if anyone remembers the first Theorymon thread with both Honchkrow AND Drapion having Tough Claws, you could have saved EVs for defenses. Not having to risk losing boosts via PS is also good.

That, and there are so many more mons who could actually abuse Contrary effectively such as Virizion or Noivern.

My point is, if another good idea for a semi-meta-shifting Contrarian comes along any time soon, people will have the mindset of "Contrary, AGAIN?!"

I'm really liking Arcanine, however, since I'm thinking Flash Fire for more power rather than Intimidate. A Flash Fire/DD/Life Orb boosted Flare Blitz takes names... and kills them! You don't have time for intimidate. Some powerful calcs against things that can 'take the hit.' And yet, it seems too situational.

Still, I'm leaving my calc-spree in just in case.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 160-187 (38.6 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Doesn't seem like much, but CC definitively finishes it off, doing 66% damage minimum.

That's 105/130 defenses with Eviolite and a resist. Rhyperior takes more damage. Can't switch in safely.

Not many things want to switch in on a Flash Fire, DD Flare Blitz.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 195-230 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 172-203 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I used intimidate to assume that it hasn't Mega'd yet, in which case it's likely taking more damage.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 199-234 (65.4 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 104 HP / 248+ Def Alomomola: 233-274 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 257-303 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't even remember if maxing HP is common on Mega Altaria, since the calculator's way behind the times. That's still a dent.

252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 286-339 (74.8 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Can't switch in, and if it's here to revenge kill, then Arc goes first and still manages to hole punch.

Now I'm sure there's more to it than that and I'm probably forgetting details experienced battlers would understand, but being able to boost for that +1 is big, especially in speed to prevent revenge kills by those without priority, and even with, ESpeed is a great option to cut something's life in half. I'm thinking Wild Charge could go since off the top of my head, the only Normal/Fight/Fire resist is Aerodactyl, and....

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 318-374 (105.6 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Arcanine, at +1, is also faster than a switched in Aero, if my math isn't wrong. (Max speed without nature is 289, increased by 50% is 424, which is faster than Adamant Aero's 399)

Still, look at all those 2KOed water and rock types, or even near 2KOs, and that's ignoring that CC and Wild Charge will kill those things more assuredly! All that holds it back is its over-reliance on recoil and getting the right scenario to get both Flash Fire and DD safely, but people will be less willing to use their fire type if it lets Arcanine come in and get a boost. It reminds me of Staraptor in a way. I feel like there's another disadvantage to all of this that might be eluding me...

Perhaps it's how one shot a deal it is: you have to get that right switch in, and MUST get that DD safely.

The safest counter is probably Quagsire. Unaware Clefable isn't carrying water coverage any time soon (because Water Pulse sucks) and still takes a ton.

252+ Atk Life Orb Flash Fire Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 148-175 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Earthquake is a clean 2HKO in return... if you discredit all the maiming it does to its own health and Defenses.

Even after I did all of that, I feel it's all irrelevant. I'm starting to see problems that outweigh the good stuff namely how the scenario I presented seems rather hard to pull off. Most enemies aren't gonna likely let you GET both boosts because they want to win.

Ya know, maybe even Arcanine would rock Contrar
... NO! I won't go there, I'll stay on topic!

Poor Arcanine.

I've done a lot of calcs so I think I'm just going to go one 'mon at a time for now...

Mega Pidgeot + Focus Blast - a buff so obvious everyone has wished for it. Obviously this is a nice power boost, but I was surprised after running a ton of calcs to see how few things just in B or above rank this helps Pidgeot against. With Focus No-Miss, Pidgey can now beat Heatran, Kabutops (outside of rain), Mamoswine, Diggersby, Excadrill (assuming no sand or Scarf), and normal Tyranitar, all of whom where hard counters or checks before. Additionally, it can clean OHKO M-Lopunny and Omastar instead of trading blows and losing 50% or more health and makes the fight against M-Gyarados more feasible.

Unfortunately, Pidgeot still can't handle M-Aerodactyl, Magnezone, Greninja, Weavile, Terrakion, M-Diancie, Diancie, Rhyperior, M-Camerupt, Kyurem-B, or M-Tyranitar reliably or at all since they all either outspeed M-Pidgeot and OHKO it, or can potentially live a Focus Blast and fire back with a SE move that murders it. These losses (especially to Greninja), on top of still being quite helpless against several A-rank mons like Lando-T, Latios, Thundurus, and Rotom-W, are major drawbacks and make me question whether this thing is worth a mega slot. A Rocks weakness, inability to do anything to pink blobs, middling bulk, and no priority resistance just compound the issue.

Since Rhyperior and M-tar have been thrown around a lot, some relevant calcs:

252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 308-364 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
vs
252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pidgeot: 470-554 (152.5 - 179.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 325-384 (76.6 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
vs
44+ Atk Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pidgeot: 392-464 (127.2 - 150.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

They're shaky checks, but one-on-one they still kill M-Pidgeot. All this was done with a Timid set, but I checked Modest as well. Modest allows M-Pidgeot to push its chances into the 95%+ range on Specs Magnezone, and M-Tar, but it doesn't net a reliable OHKO against Rhyperior even with Rocks in your favor. Worse, M-Pidgeot ends up being outsped and killed by 'mons it really ought to beat like M-Gallade and Specs Keldeo, plus it turns the fight versus Terrakion from a coin flip (Pidgeot has like a 25% chance to OHKO with Focus Blast) into a loss (standard Terra outspeeds Modest 252 Speed M-Pidgeot). Doesn't seem really worth it to me.

TL;DR: Focus Blast is cool, Flying + Fighting coverage is cool, but M-Pidgeot still faces a major uphill battle to be relevant in OU.

p2

Banned deucer.
Focus Blast Pidgeot would be great as it can patch up the coverage issues it has and would allow it to deal with its counters (TTar+Heatran especially)
252 SpA Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 360-424 (89.3 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 192-226 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Contrary Pangoro sounds really good, it can run an AV set and boost with Hammer Arm and Superpower while having Knock Off as another STAB and Gunk Shot for coverage (Dark/Fight/Poison hits everything but Toxicroak which is really good considering Toxicroak isn't that common anymore)
Max Speed Jolly Pangoro at +1 reaches 354 Speed which puts it just above base 111 which is a really nice speed tier to be above
Max Speed Adamant Pangoro at +1 reaches 322 which leaves it at base 97 which is kinda bad since it's right under 100

Dragon Dance Arcanine sounds fairly good aswell but I could see it being a weaker Mega Charizard X with stronger Electric coverage + Intimidate. It'd probably be worth using especially if you need the mega slot on something else

Volt Switch Reuniclus is definitely interesting, especially with Regenerator as it can set TR and give a safe switch to a TR Sweeper or to pivot out of pretty much nearly every special attacker, as mentioned by other posters

Last edited:
I'm really liking Volt Switch on Reuniclus. It's not because of TR, though; a slow VS or U-Turn is one of the only ways to guarantee a safe switch-in for frail offensive pokes, in addition to providing some moveset scouting utility. VS also allows Reuniclus to form a Voltturn core, which is pretty, pretty, pretty good with Regenerator. VS also allows unM-evolved pokes to get in, force a switch, and M-evo relatively safely. I went through the viability rankings thread; these pokes would love a slow VS to get in (ones with type synergy in bold, potential Voltturners in italic. Trappers have an asterisk):

S-Rank: Greninja, Landorus-T

A-Ranks: Altaria, Gallade, Gardevoir, Keldeo, Landorus, M-Lopunny, M-Pinsir, M-Scizor, Talonflame, M-Diancie, M-Manectric, Rotom-W, M-Aerodactyl, Diggersby, Terrakion, Magnezone*,

B-Ranks: Hawlucha, Kyurem-B, Starmie, Tornadus-T, M-Beedrill, Crawdaunt, Lucario, Weaville, M-Houndoom, M-Sharpedo, Staraptor

Selected Lower Ranks: M-Pidgeot, M-Ampharos, Cobalion, M-Absol, Gothitelle*

A few pokes would appreciate a fast Volt Switch (under TR, natch, which Reun can set up) like M-Camerupt, but the big draw for me is Slow VS + Regenerator + actual offensive power.

TL; DR: Almost everyone could use a slow U-Turn or Volt Switch, especially Megas (evolved or no), frail pokes, and other Voltturners.

I'll comment on some of the others later when I'm not on my phone.

So, I'm still leaning toward reuniclus, and I'll explain why.

Pidgeot is probably the most effective of the slate. We all know how good that coverage is, and with its speed and decent power, we know it'll have success. And that right there is my problem with it; we already know how this buff will affect the meta. People are already very familiar with flying/fighting coverage, and how to counter it, and while the added fire coverage makes it reasonably interesting, there aren't that many ways people would treat this as anything other than a slightly better tornadus-t. It is not very interesting and would have little to no unpredictable affects on the meta. It won't make any play style other than bird spam any more viable, and I see little reason to vote for this when there are more interesting, if not more effective options.

Pangoro has a similar, but almost opposite problem. It is definitely interesting, but I think we all know his we would handle this thing if it were elected. It has glaring weaknesses like low speed before a boost and exploitable defenses that mean even if it'd have a major affect on the meta, it be a centralizing affect where people would just start using some of the obvious ways to handle it like bird spam. It'd be one of those processes where the more popular it is, the less viable it is.

Arcanine is just one I just need to use to know. It's great to say intimidate and its other factors will make it good, but until we know how well it works in a 6 on 6 match, it's too much of a risk to vote for because the support it'll likely need is such a deterrent, especially when most other Dragon dancers have more reward to the support you give them than arcanine probably will with its self destructive move set.

Reuniclus has the viability of pidgeot, the uniqueness of pangoro, and the interest of Arcanine. We know volt turn on a bulky regenerator is effective because of Regenerator mega ampharos way back in theorymon 1.0, but we don't know how reuniclus's specific bulk, access to items and recovery, and typing will affect how it plays. Ampharos is, to date, my favorite theorymon (which is a little ironic because it was the only one we didn't elect) because it wasn't flashy, but it got its job done and was severely underrated in the process.

Gotta say I'm loving this discussion. Keep it up y'all!

EDIT: After noticing trends in activity in this thread, I am now going to be taking into consideration the degree of creativeness in the submissions department. People respond best to the most creative submissions, and I'd like to see as much discussion as possible. Good examples would be, regarding this slate, Contrary Pangoro and Volt Switch Reuniclus. I would say, generally, please stay away from Prankster and Regenerator because we see a lot of those. However, if the addition of those abilities--or the addition of something WITH those abilities--allows us to create something unique and special in the metagame, I will consider that.

Looking forward to your submissions!

Sun King

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)