Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to bring discussion back to Typhlosion's potential teammates. I think we could see a resurgence of Dugtrio to trap things like Heatran and Tyranitar (even if Focus Miss is a thing) that pose a threat to both Typhlosion AND the sunlight it brings. Additionally, I'd imagine something like Klefki could gain mention on potential Sun teams as a sun-setter and spikes layer. Typhlosion's power is vastly improved by hazard support, so if you start chipping away at the opponent, the Scarf sets could really shine. On the other hand, Klefki could spread paralysis and make Specs more lethal. I really think that it's being undersold here, and I'd love to see it in our metagame.

I don't know why I didn't think of Dugtrio for a teammate. I made an OU sun team to try out the Typh/Noivern core using Ninetales as a substitute for a theoretical Heat Rock set (minus Focus Blast, that would've helped), and I kept running into huge problems with Tyranitar and Dugtrio would've been perfect to remedy that.

I've got a couple replays of the Ninetales/Noivern core in action for anyone interested, along with Mega Zard Y for extra sun and Victreebel for sweeping:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214953176
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214957687
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214959390

I've been finding Noivern in the sun is friggin' awesome.

Last edited:
I want to bring discussion back to Typhlosion's potential teammates. I think we could see a resurgence of Dugtrio to trap things like Heatran and Tyranitar (even if Focus Miss is a thing) that pose a threat to both Typhlosion AND the sunlight it brings. Additionally, I'd imagine something like Klefki could gain mention on potential Sun teams as a sun-setter and spikes layer. Typhlosion's power is vastly improved by hazard support, so if you start chipping away at the opponent, the Scarf sets could really shine. On the other hand, Klefki could spread paralysis and make Specs more lethal. I really think that it's being undersold here, and I'd love to see it in our metagame.
-Tell me a good Drought Typhlosion teammate
-Slowbruh!
-Dude WTF!? slowbro can't be good in the sun.
-Yes it can Duh!

Slowbruh+sun=perfect water type counter been able to wall azuma and keldeo and then set up or hit with psyshock also can OHKO grass types with a sun boosted fireblast like ferro.

-Any other problem?
-Yeah rock and ground.
-Well slowbruh can take on excadrill without blinking.
-But what about t-tars crunch and u-turns or knock offs from lando-t
-I have this (slowbronite) and i can take those crappy attacks and recover until sun is down to then 2HKO with scald MUAJAJAJAJA!

4 SpA Slowbro Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn in Sun: 364-432 (103.4 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Sun: 39-47 (9.8 - 11.9%) -- possible 9HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Sun: 80-95 (20.3 - 24.1%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 126-150 (31.9 - 38%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 78-94 (19.7 - 23.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 74-88 (18.7 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO

Also for the next state i would like to see Prankster Gourgeist. Awesome physical wall and who better than a pumpkin (related to halloween) to have prankster?

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
what why are we talking about slowbro anyway

EDIT: Ok to make it not a one liner I'm gonna complain about Mega Pidgeot comment on pidgeot. Focus Blast essentially frees a moveslot for pidgeot, i would see a set of focus miss blast (no misses yay), hurricane, heat wave, u-turn working really well. Eh this slate is so old.

Although i really luv DD Krook I think this time goes for FB Mega Jisus, its the perfect mid-late game sweeper you only need a good hazard control for example with skarmory been able to defog or put rocks+spikes and also is a counter to scarf t-tar and sand rush excadrill two things that may stop Bird Jisus rampage.
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pidgeot: 404-476 (131.1 - 154.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pidgeot: 291-343 (94.4 - 111.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (with sand damage will OHKO)

Our next problem status and fast electric types well go for cleric chansey.

Yeah with one of the most standar deffensive cores pidgeot gets all what it needs to release its destructive power hitting hard everything else in the OU meta(f*ck u heatran i don't need hp ground anymore). And you have other 3 slots in your team to fullfil them with whatever you want.

Bird is the Word!
I see your point there friend, but timid m-pidgeot outspeed scarf tar after mega evolving, as tar only outspeed base 115s, while Pidgeot reaches that sexy 121 speed tier. I'm all for focus blast pidgeot, I think it would be the move it needs to be pumped up into ou viability, and seriously it's like the only Mon in existence not to learn focus blast gdi GF.

Since everything about all of the other mons I have talked about in the last slate, I will say that FB bird Jesus sounds great against the atypical steels and rock types that resist all of its attacks, so a worthy theorymon it is. So praise bird Jesus and our lord helix. So it is a great addition for it and will probably take my vote.

Also the front page slate has not updated since the Roost Mantine slate so could you fix that

Edit; thanks, it was just bothering me praise bird Jesus.

hmmm, bit of a quiet thread now. Anyways, I'm predicting that dd krook will be popular, as will FB mega bird. Personally, I prefer sunny typlosion cause it seems the most original, but that's just my opinion. Not much to say bout' PH gastordon that hasn't already been said. It'd be a phenomenal special wall with its good typing and sp.d what a cancer it might be against special offense (how do you hide this stuff again?)
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 204-240 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 163-193 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- 55.8% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 105-123 (24.6 - 28.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal (the scarfed tran)
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 181-214 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 342-404 (80.2 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal (ok, so it's not a switch-in, but what do you wanna switch into specs adaptability draco?)

Last edited:
I'ma drop a few insights about Krook because I think it's my favorite of the slate. I might do some others later. Correct me if I got anything toooooo terribly wrong.

Krookodile + Dragon Dance

I've done a few calcs (as requested by Sun King ) about Krook's set-up ability. Krook has base 92 Speed, which is conveniently 1 base point ahead of Landorus-T. So, you'll probably want Max Attack Max Speed Jolly, as that will allow you to outspeed not only non-Scarf Lando-T before Dragon Dancing, but also Scarf Lando-T after Dancing. However, it's pretty hard for Krook to do anything substantial to Landot without dying to Superpower/Earthquake, assuming you DD on a switch to Scarf Lando-T. It's good enough damage for me to suggest max/max/Jolly, which also outspeeds +1 Jolly/184 Spe Volcarona and Scarf Mild/224 Kyurem-B. You could go lower to outspeed everything up to and including Jolly Excadrill (non-Sand, natch), which would give you a spread of 40 HP/252 Att/216 Spe Jolly, but you'd miss out on Lando, which is nice because it doesn't take too much prior damage to K it O with Knock Off. Max/Max Jolly also ties with max/max M-Garchomp before you DD for what it's worth.

So, I've come up with this set as a basis for my calcs:

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVS: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Taunt(?)

I'm going to talk about coverage, as I think most people can agree that the hypothetical "standard" offensive set would have Dragon Dance/Knock Off/Earthquake/Coverage.
One problem that most Dark-Type sweepers face is the onslaught of Fairies. Krook is naturally powerful enough that most of them can't switch in. M-Gardevoir gets pummeled. Diancie obviously cannot switch in.Krook has natural coverage problems vs. Fairies when only using its STAB attacks as D-Dance M-Altaria and Unaware Clef aren't 2HKO'd by its attacks. Fortunately, it also gets Iron Tail, which is great for bopping these guys. You could use Stone Edge as well, but tbf EdgeQuake isn't what it used to be and you'll want to be spamming Knock Off/Earthquake most of the time unless you're a time traveler from the XY Aegislash meta and you're worried about Mandibuzz . Superpower is bleh because of the nasty side-effect, although I suppose Moxie would offset the attack drop IF you get a KO with it. Earthquake/Knock Off hit basically everything that Superpower could either way. Pursuit is an interesting choice for mindgames but really constricts coverage and you'll probably want to Dragon Dance on the switch rather than Pursuit, which doesn't really help you against the best Pursuit targets (Starmie and Latias) because you're outsped and OHKO'd.

One REALLY BIG PROBLEM with Krook is that it seems as though it would be pretty difficult to set up. A lot of the passive mons that it could set up on are bulky water-types; although most of these can't switch in to Krook once set up, you can't really switch in to them. To set up, would primarily rely on 1) choiced Psychic or Electric type attacks, which are rare; 2) Chansey/Skarm/Alomomola, which are very passive, 3) weak physical attackers like Gliscor; 4) Things Krook could scare away like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Excadrill, Jirachi, Magne(ton/zone), Klefki. This isn't a huge slice of the meta, but it does include most Steel-types, which is nice. I don't include Heatran because I'm scared of Lava Plume/WoW. The calcs mostly speak for themselves, but suffice it to say that Krook gets a huge and very interesting buff in Dragon Dance, one that creates a new niche (fast Dark-Type Dragon Dancer) and puts pressure on Stall, Balance, and Offense without messing too much with the metagame.

I'm mostly just spitballing here, but I'm pretty sure something could be made of a bulkier DD set with Intimidate, Leftovers, and more HP/Def investment; don't forget that Krook has decent 95/80 physical defensive stats and does get Taunt, which could be very nice against phazers (skarm and Hippo especially) and WoW/Toxic users. You'll run into some coverage issues, but it would work a lot like Taunt DD (M-)Gyara.

Here are some calcs. Cheers!
N.B. Calcs with a single asterisk mean that the defender could avoid NHKO with a feasible greater investment in HP/Def.
Offense: Lando-T and Fairies
252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 204-242 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 270-320 (97.4 - 115.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 231-273 (58.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Iron Tail vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 244-289 (79.4 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Offense: Bulky Waters + Walls (1 Dragon Dance)
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 246-290 (46.5 - 54.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery*
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 208-246 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 195-230 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 207-243 (58.4 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 182-218 (46.1 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Maybe someone already said this before, but one cool thing about Poison Heal Gastrodon is that it can't be statused. With Toxic Orb, it's going to be super hard to wear down. Gastrodon resists Stealth Rock already, while being immune to burn, if Toxic Orb has already been activated. Gastrodon also doesn't even care about Toxic; in fact it likes it, because that'll activate Toxic Orb for it.
Gastrodon also gets one of the best moves in the game, Scald, which is nice to fish for burns against physical attackers. Combine this with reliable recovery in recover + poison heal, a resistance to Stealth Rock, and you have yourself a super annoying slug.

That being said, I'm still convinced that Focus Blast Mega Pidgeot is the best out of this slate, as it solves it's biggest problem, lack of coverage. Mega Pidgeot really doesn't have a wide movepool. All it really has is Hurricane, Heat Wave, Hidden Power, U-Turn (not really coverage, just for momentum), and Hyper Beam(?). Flying + Fire isn't amazing coverage, it's walled by Heatran, Tyranitar and Rotom-W, all of which are quite common in the metagame. Focus Blast solves this problem. Now Pidgeot can effectively run Hurricane | Heat Wave | Focus Blast | U-Turn, which has perfect neutral coverage. No Guard is also quite helpful, it takes away Focus Blast's shaky accuracy, allowing Pidgeot to be a great late game sweeper.
Focus Blast can also 2HKO Rotom-W after SR and some prior damage (like 5%), while Rotom can't even OHKO back with Volt Switch.

252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 127-150 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Pair Mega Pidgeot with pursuit support from a mon like Bisharp or Tyranitar, and it'll be insanely hard to wall.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well this certainly caught me by surprise. It's a delightful surprise, but still a shocker to see three of the four Theorymons from the last slate back in the current slate. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Dragon Dance Krookodile: Dragon Dance Krookodile looked to be a nasty foe to face from the last slate, and that opinion hasn't changed for this slate either. While its abilities Intimidate and Moxie are taking two pages out of Gyarados's book, that's where the similarities end. STAB Earthquake and Knock Off are pretty potent on their own, so sweeping can be pretty easy to pull off without being heavily reliant on a coverage move. 92 Speed is also respectable for a Dragon Dancer, as being able to outrun Landorus-T after a single boost is a luxury on its own, and 117 Attack combined with decent 95 / 80 / 70 defenses makes setting up and sweeping none too challenging. But as any Gyarados user can tell you, Intimidate and Moxie each have their unique uses, with Intimidate weakening physical attackers and potentially providing more setup opportunities, and Moxie creating a snowball effect after it gets a KO, so it shouldn't be a surprise to see Krookodile abusing these tools efficiently. Yeah, seeing this one win wouldn't be surprising.

Poison Heal Gastrodon: Despite the majority of people disliking this, I kind of like Poison Heal Gastrodon. I can see where the comparisons to Gliscor come from though; aside from its Water typing and more specially inclined stats, Gastrodon does seem like another Gliscor. However, while I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a fully defensive set, I'm more interested in seeing how a Curse set would perform. With a passable base 83 Attack, powerful STABs like Waterfall and Earthquake, and a respectable defensive presence by virtue of its defensive typing and stats, a Curse set already sounds possible. But one of the big reasons why Curse sets rarely work is because of the vulnerability to status like Toxic and burns, with the former greatly limiting how long they can stay, and the latter crippling their power. However, Poison Heal provides Gastrodon with status immunity, which is a key trait for setup sweepers, and the healing factor is merely a bonus. Swords Dance Gliscor kind of does this already, but Curse takes a more tankish approach, so I would kind of like to see where this would go if it wins. Just makes me wish we could vote for two things, y'know?

Drought Typhlosion: Basically a better Mega Charizard Y in almost every way, half because it isn't a Mega Evolution, and half because it has a lot of potential on its own. Not costing the team its Mega Evolution and the ability to hold items are traits that some people take for granted, and this is really where Mega Charizad Y is outclassed. While Mega Charizard Y has solidified itself as a powerful wallbreaker, Typhlosion can perform the same feats just as well, if not even more well. Lacking a 4x Stealth Rock weakness is a big plus, so even though using Eruption will be difficult, it still has Overheat and Fire Blast to provide the raw offensive power. Typhlosion also has Solar Beam and Focus Blast just like Mega Charizard Y, so if you like the latter's coverage, you'll like the former's. This, combined with Life Orb Typhlosion's attacks dealing almost the exact same amount of damage as Mega Charizard Y's attacks, means that Typhlosion can match its power if being used as a wallbreaker. But the real fun comes from the ability to hold a Choice Scarf. With a Choice Scarf, Typhlosion acts as an efficient and powerful revenge killer, and while it won't hit as hard, the trade-off is plenty fair, since it can outrun a lot of Choice Scarfers and +1 sweepers, and its STAB sun boosted Overheats are still pretty lethal against offensive Pokemon. I've gone on and on about this one, so I'll cut myself off there, lol. Simply put, my favorite Theorymon on the slate, and will definitely get my vote.

Focus Blast Pidgeot: Oh hey, it's Tornadus-T 0.8 *yawn*... Just kidding! :p While Flying/Fighting coverage is already a thing that Tornadus-T is rocking, it's typically an inconsistent method of dealing damage by virtue of the very shaky 70 accuracy on Hurricane (unless you have a rain team, which means you can't use anything other than a rain team). With No Guard, Mega Pidgeot can land its Hurricanes and Focus Blasts with no worries of missing, making Mega Pidgeot more consistent. Mega Pidgeot may not have Regenerator to stay healthy after switching, the ability to hold an item, or physical moves like Superpower and Knock Off to mess with special walls, but Mega Pidgeot does have one of the biggest draws that a sweeper can have: consistency. While the potential power that Mega Pidgeot has isn't as great as Tornadus-T's, you never have to worry about Hurricane or Focus Blast missing, so you'll always be able to OHKO that Keldeo every time, unlike Tornadus-T when that unfortunate 30% chance to miss kicks in at the wort possible moment. A simple buff, but one that I like. Just like everything else here, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one win.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Dance Krookodile
Salemance and Valmanway like it, which is good enough for me.

Poison Heal Gastrodon
No.

Drought Typhlosion
Never talked about this one before when it was slated the first time, so here we go. This might, maybe, possibly make Sun viable as a playstyle since Typhlosion has decent offensive presence and Speed to work with so it isn't a worthless shit like Ninetails. A set with Eruption | Fire Blast | Focus Blast/Earthquake (for Heatran if you hate Focus Miss, always 2HKOs even with a -Atk Nature btw) | Solar Beam sounds pretty sweet.

Focus Blast Pidgeot
So what does Focus Blast do for Pidgeot again? HP Ground and Heat Wave already hit everything relevant you want to bar Tyranitar, and you can just U-turn out of that anyway. There just isn't anything that's OU viable that this helps you get past so it wouldn't actually be that helpful, though the thought of it doing the Kamehameha is pretty awesome.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
The point is with Focus Blast you can hit Rotom-W, T-tar, Heatran, all rock types, Empoleon all in one slot, and you don't need to add in HP Ground/grass to do so.

Last slate I felt bad that I didn't vote for DD Krookodile.
Now that I think about it, it would be pretty cool, a unique Dragon Dancer along the lines of Gyarados.
Yeah, Dragon Dance Krook is gonna get my vote this round. :heart:

I'm leaning away from Drought Typhlosion because it's (mono) Fire type, and against Poison Heal Gastrodon because Gliscor happened.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm leaning towards drought typlosion because its wallbreaking Potential among other things stands out. A big thing about Ty is that he is only 2x weak to to rocks as opposed to 4x weak to them. I personally don't see myself using an eruption set due to how low his speed tier is in OU and the fact that switching into the omnipresent stealth rocks already makes eruption as powerful as fire blast. This guy literally only needed to be faster than charizard to make this perfect wtfffff gamefreak. The best sets that I see are a sub + 3 attacks set (he doesn't need more than that with sun), his choice scarf/specs set with eruption as the fourth move used to either outspeed those pesky base 110 speed tier mons or nuke everything, and a life orb attacker set. His sheer power under sun is undeniable, and let me show you guys some calcs to prove how much of a wallbreaker he is on every mon S through A rank in the viability ranking thread + Chansey because chansey calcs are important for a special attacker. (specs set because that is the standard one in his current tier).

252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 274-324 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross in Sun: 720-848 (239.2 - 281.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye in Sun: 348-411 (114.4 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 414-488 (128.1 - 151%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria in Sun: 256-302 (72.3 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 300-354 (74.8 - 88.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 1020-1200 (375 - 441.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (weakest besides beam)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 218-257 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (including rocks with fire flying zard)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable in Sun: 412-486 (104.5 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 298-352 (123.6 - 146%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar in Sun: 498-586 (192.2 - 226.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor in Sun: 490-577 (139.2 - 163.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 304-358 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 276-326 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus in Sun: 526-621 (164.8 - 194.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 466-550 (121.9 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny in Sun: 406-478 (149.8 - 176.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios in Sun: 245-288 (81.9 - 96.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 458-540 (116.2 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame in Sun: 363-427 (111 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 96 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 421-496 (119.6 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Specs Typlosion can literally do 50% to the bulkiest mon that the tier has to offer, so it can be an effective wallbreaker that can melt through unprepared teams like a knife through hot butter.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it's about that time for the voting phase to commence!

+ Dragon Dance

+ Poison Heal

+ Drought

+ Focus Blast

And as always, don't forget to bold your vote like this: Drought Typhlosion. <--- My vote, by the way

Happy Voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)