The Pet Shop Pals

Hi, this is my OU team I've been using for awhile. It's pretty good. It requires a decent amount of prediction, but otherwise is very solid and versatile. Espeon with magic bounce is my MVP. The strategy I find most effective is the combo of Espeon setting up screens then switching in to Scrafty, getting a dragon dance off and destroying everything in his path safely protected from priority moves behind the screen.

I often use shedinja to bait Toxic or WoW or Stealth Rocks out, which I then switch Espeon in to. It is a simple strategy but for some reason works alot of the time even against high rated opponents. However, I think Shedinja is too vulnerable to any Stealth Rocks I accidentally let through, not to mention hail or sandstorm that my team can do nothing about. I'm thinking about switching him with Dugdrio or another ground pokemon that is more powerful, something that can take out Scizor and Heatran which are my biggest enemies. Any advice and tips are recommended! I find that the main strength of my team is it has alot of pokemon that are underestimated.

Here we go:
YOLO BURD (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature

- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Return

This guy is my usual lead, but also I find that effective. People always expect me to lead with Staraptor, so leading with an unexpected pokemon in my team gives me a first turn advantage if I play things right. Usually good for atleast a 2 for 1 if I play smart, and a brilliant revenge killer. Just a violent violent creature, and my hardest hitter besides a boosted scrafty. IMO one of the most underrated pokemon in OU.

DA GAWD (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Wonder Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Toxic

I really like him as a pivot, however Scizor and Heatran, not to mention Stealth Rocks or Hail or Sandstorm stop him in his tracks. I have found he is really useful to bait toxic's out, which I bounce back with a switched in Espeon. Lately I am feeling that he is abit too vulnerable against the current metagame to justify his use and I'm thinking of switching him with Dugdrio, who would be a useful partner with Milotic.

JAKE THE DOG (Arcanine) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Will-O-Wisp

A physical tank, one of my team's MVPs, just an allaround solid pokemon, he is my second most used starter pokemon after YOLO BURD.

SSJ4 VEGETA (Scrafty) (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

He looks pretty stupid but one of the toughest warriors in the game. My sweeper, the gift that keeps on growing. Really like how tough and deceptive this guy is. Best sweeper in the game IMO, has won me many battles that looked hopeless.

FARTSPURT (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail

Another tank along with Jake the Dog, he is able to outstall many walls, and his dragon tail ability has proven particularly useful. Solid all arounder, he is a weak attacker but the high burn percentage coming out of scald makes up for it. Useful to switch in to opposing Thunder Wave's.

KITTY JENKINS (Espeon) @ Light Clay

Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My favorite pokemon, I rarely build a team without him. So useful to bait out stealth rocks/toxics, usually buying my team atleast a turn to set up a wall and switch in scrafty. For some reason alot of dragons especially think they are going to make Espeon switch out. That's why he has Hidden Power (Ice). Also useful against Gliscor and Landorius who also thinks he is going to force an Espeon switch for some reason.

So that's it. I try to keep my strategy somewhat unpredictable. Sometimes I go for Espeon lead-reflect+light screen then switch in to scrafty regardless what my opponent does, sometimes I play slow and reactive to counter my opponent. I really like my team's versatility and unpredictability. However I think shedinja is the odd man out and would like recommendations to replace him.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. So, I'm here to rate your team.

By the looks of it, you must hate to face Tyranitar and Hippowdon teams. They kill Shedinja with Sand, can Pursuit trap Espeon, and makes Arcanine's Morning Sun only heal 25% health. I suggest replacing Milotic with Politoed to fix this problem.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

My next suggestion would be to replace Arcanine with Dugtrio. Dugtrio really helps you out in trapping Tyranitar easily, while also providing Stealth Rocks for your team (which you lack at the moment) Here's the set.

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Other than that, cool team man. Sorry for the rushed rate, but I don't have much time at the moment. Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)