The scariest thing I've read in a while.

I don't know much about the law, but does anyone know if it's possible to repeal this curriculum change before it goes into effect in 2013? I'm really trying to fight for the decision to reverse but I don't know what I can do. Things like this don't go through a public voting process if my guess is right, but perhaps it can somehow be impeached or boycotted through homeschooling or something. :/

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
George Washington, the father of our country, told us not to fall into a bipartisan system.

This is one of many reasons why I've lost faith in my country.

I don't think you're getting my question. What makes Psalms obviously poetic? What do you mean by "poetic;" is it simply facts stated in a lyrical way or metaphorical statements?
Why don't you ask yourself the questions that you or someone else (too lazy to look) to ask me about the verses in the Bible. Most of the facts in lyrics are talk about God and his enemies. it also includes metaphorical statements, considering that Psalms is what you would called poetry, and is included in the part of the Bible commonly referred to as "the books of poetry" (Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon)
What standards or methodical reasoning do you apply to determine whether Psalms is an actual listing of historical meaning or poetic,
The laws of Logic
and what purpose does the poetry serve? Why would a holy book include poetry?
It brings glory to God
Yet Genesis cannot be poetic. God says "let there be light!" but there is no mechanism provided as to how to, such as when God gives specific instructions with measurements to precise cubits on building large structures, yet the mechanisms of the creation of heaven, earth, light, plants, animals, night, day, the sun, the moon, the stars, man, and woman remain, in my view, a poetic mystery.
The Bible states that man was formed out of the dust (or clay) of the earth, and Woman was created out of the rib of Man. There isn't much of a necessity as to knowing how God created the earth, and i'm quite satisfied with God speaking creation into existence, as God is above what he creates.
There aren't cold hard dates in the Bible, and you said yourself that when the words "1,000 years" appears it is a kind of figurative language.
Please specify what 1,000 years you are talking about. If you are referring to Abraham, then you still are arguing from ignorance, and need to go read the Bible again.

It's a historical book with some poetry. I can easily create a way to view the Bible in a much more metaphorical rather than history textbook way.
You always run into problems understanding the Bible when you try to enforce your interpretation on it while pushing the correct interpretation clearly given to us under the bus.

What is your point? If you're trying to show that the Ten Commandments are not a social guide then you basically proved it.
My point is that saying The Law is just a social guide is a scary and gross misunderstanding

I don't know what you're trying to say by this but it seems that it's giving a justification for following God's laws. Where do we follow them? In society. Capital punishment is part of a social guide. A death sentence is pretty convincing for many people to follow certain rules. Do not covet other things, do not bear false witness, do not kill, yeah it seems pretty damn indisputable that these are definitely instructions on how to live, regardless of what their basis is and what the punishment is. I earnestly don't know what your point is but please explain how the Bible does not give instructions on how to live.
I didn't say that the Bible isn't just a social guide, I'm trying to say that viewing the Bible as JUST a social guide is grossly wrong, because that isn't the point of the Bible. i guess i can say bringing in those versus were neither here nor "there".

I'm trying to say that societies which actively endorse killing each other will die off quickly. Societies with members who actively steal from each other rob themselves of materials from those who need it. Societies which are unproductive will not survive. So I deduce that societies with reasons to behave well will survive better than others and thus an ultimate divine God which can actively punish those who commit acts that would not progress the civilization would help to keep people in line. I'm trying to say that it's rather strange that several of the rules imposed by the Judeo-Christian God seem to be those that would help a society progress or "evolve" into a culture which can continue to sustain itself as it has proved to do. In fact the concept of beliefs having such a profound impact on the evolution of societies into those that minimize the natural struggle for survival is rather intriguing to me.
meh, i don't know what i'm supposed to say.

If you're referring to the Grand Canyon and similar features, the Grand Canyon was created by a long, long period of erosion due to relatively stable rivers. A gigantic flood would have weathered down far more rock.
i'll respond to this later...

The half lives are assumed constant because for the most part no known external factors affect the rates of decay (there are a few modes of decay which have slight sensitivity to the chemical environment).
No evidence isn't necessarily evidence against. but since there is no evidence, i'd look like a fool expanding on this. It's probably a more solidified assumption, but the other assumptions are required for Radiometric Dating to be proved.
Isolated systems can be assumed from taking the environment and the sample as a whole,
Potassium-Argon dating says Hi.
and the initial conditions can be known based on certain signals of evidence such as clamshells which can give the relative amount of oxygen present on a day-to-day basis due to oxygen molecules trapped within daily secreted layers.
Evidence can give hint to, but cannot reveal the exact initial conditions, which is absurd to say one can know the exact conditions.

Juneman's quote seems a bit extreme to place the extinction of dinosaurs within a man's lifetime. He is trying to play up the very small (.1% or so) influence the sun can play on certain decays as though they are massive fluctuations. They are not. The presence of the error itself is debated within the community NOT RELATED to paleontology and evolution, but strictly radiation science and a paper was published claiming that the error was probably just small mistake and found no correlation.
so it's not credible. but how big would .1% be on decay rates?

If I said that a verbal snake convinced a woman to eat a fruit of knowledge, would you think I said that snakes can talk?
snakes can't talk, but the Devil can.
To finally answer your question, no, I would not believe you implied that the universe was a square, as it's a figure of speech.
Exactly! That's what the Bible is saying when it uses "four corners".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_electrodynamics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)