Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty keen on starting a challange on Emerald, if anyone's interested in giving me one.

- no trades
- can't hack Pokemon, so everything must be able to be found in Emerald.
- first challange, so don't go insane with it. But by no means go easy, either.

Galladiator said:
Reserved for Nick Hewitt.

EDIT: For my starter challenge, roll a six-sided die.

If you roll a 1: A one-evolution starter of your choice that must solo Wattson.
2: A Torchic that cannot know Fire-type moves, must solo Team Magma on all appearances.
3: A Treecko that can never learn Leaf Blade. No other restrictions, as that sucks enough already.
4: A Mudkip that must solo Brawly to become Marshtomp, and solo Winona to become Swampert.
5: A starter of your choice that must always hold a status berry (Cheri, Lum, Pecha, etc.) to fight, must solo one leader of your choice to evolve once and evolve again only after clearing Victory Road
6: A starter of your choice, the only restriction being that it must always be five levels greater than your next-highest 'Mon.

Nickname whatever you get "Vegas". Have fun!
Dark Ray said:
You get a voltorb named "TheRedOrb" This voltorb looks ordinary, but it's actually an esper and member of a secret organization, now since it's an esper you would expect it to be very powerful, but it's not, atleast under normal circumstances, but when it enters what is known to the organization as a "closed space" (we call them caves) it becomes very powerful. Now for the actual challange part.
-Voltorb named "TheRedOrb".
-It's an esper in disguise so teach it a psychic move ASAP (light screen,mirror coat and rest are the only choices).
-Normally the only attack it can use is spark (non-damaging moves are fine).
-In a "closed space" AKA a cave it shows its true power and can use any attacks you want.
chocolate-kipp said:
Take a Barboach. Barboach is unsure about anything it does, so he may never use the same move twice in a row. Name him/her "Insecure".
Athenodoros said:
Nicholas Hewitt, I give you a Wailord. It thinks it is a Kyogre, and so must know Rain Dance, Water Spout and Thunder by the E4. Its final move can be watever you want. It must solo Wallace.
DetroitLolcat said:
Take a Wobbuffet. It may not use both Counter and Mirror Coat in the same battle without switching out first. Name it Oober.
Vratix said:
Bring a female Torkoal, name it Duchess. It must solo Flannery. When you reach the Elite 4 she must know curse and get to +6 attack and defense against any member of the elite 4 and then sweep at least 3/5 of that member's team.
I'm actually feeling pretty confident about this; with the exception of Wobbuffet, they're all Pokemon I've been meaning to raise in-game for a while. Torkoal's gonna be a bitch to raise, though.

@nicholas You get a voltorb named "TheRedOrb" This voltorb looks ordinary, but it's actually an esper and member of a secret organization, now since it's an esper you would expect it to be very powerful, but it's not, atleast under normal circumstances, but when it enters what is known to the organization as a "closed space" (we call them caves) it becomes very powerful. Now for the actual challange part.
-Voltorb named "TheRedOrb".
-It's an esper in disguise so teach it a psychic move ASAP (light screen,mirror coat and rest are the only choices).
-Normally the only attack it can use is spark (non-damaging moves are fine).
-In a "closed space" AKA a cave it shows its true power and can use any attacks you want.
Good luck on your challange (we spell it challange here btw, but you're new so i'll let you off with a warning).

reserved.

EDIT: Take a Barboach. Barboach is unsure about anything it does, so he may never use the same move twice in a row. Name him/her "Insecure".

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Nicholas Hewitt, I give you a Wailord. It thinks it is a Kyogre, and so must know Rain Dance, Water Spout and Thunder by the E4. Its final move can be watever you want. It must solo Wallace.

Reserved for Nick Hewitt.

EDIT: For my starter challenge, roll a six-sided die.

If you roll a 1: A one-evolution starter of your choice that must solo Wattson.
2: A Torchic that cannot know Fire-type moves, must solo Team Magma on all appearances.
3: A Treecko that can never learn Leaf Blade. No other restrictions, as that sucks enough already.
4: A Mudkip that must solo Brawly to become Marshtomp, and solo Winona to become Swampert.
5: A starter of your choice that must always hold a status berry (Cheri, Lum, Pecha, etc.) to fight, must solo one leader of your choice to evolve once and evolve again only after clearing Victory Road
6: A starter of your choice, the only restriction being that it must always be five levels greater than your next-highest 'Mon.

Nickname whatever you get "Vegas". Have fun!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's trollin' time.

Take a Wobbuffet. It may not use both Counter and Mirror Coat in the same battle without switching out first. Name it Oober.

@Nick
Bring a female Torkoal, name it Duchess. It must solo Flannery. When you reach the Elite 4 she must know curse and get to +6 attack and defense against any member of the elite 4 and then sweep at least 3/5 of that member's team.

Final Fire Red Update!

Restrictions
-for Fire Red bring a Venonat. Name if Affronted.
Your Venonat is affronted because Koga does not a Venonat-line pokemon in this game. In every other generation (if you count Yellow, which I do) Koga has, at least, had a Venomoth. But not this one, and that's racism. Racism is wrong therefore Affronted must solo Koga to evolve (from Vratix)

-Mankey named Rargo. After leaving Mt. Moon, it cannot use any level up moves, or know more then two physical moves, to prove that it's not just any normal Mankey. It also can't evolve unless its ability activates, and must show its strength by attempting to solo Sabrina. If it succeeds on the first try, you can teach it any moves you want. (From Auramaster)

-Pidgey (nothing like a bit of nostalgia for the old hands). It must learn and keep fly, and must solo Giovanni's last Pokemon as a Pidgeot. (From athenodoros)

-Ekans! Take the first one you see. If it has Shed Skin, name it LiqidSnake. it may evolve after healing from status ten times via Shed Skin and soloing three GL Pokemon, one of which must be a GLMP. If it has Intimidate, name it SolidSnake. It may evolve after Intimidating five GL Pokemon (Voltorb, Pikachu, Raichu, Victreebel, Tangela) and soloing any two (Voltorb, Pikachu)of them. As an Arbok (should you choose to evolve it), it must solo an entire Gym, outside of the Gym Leader. It may not be used in that Gym battle. Ignore every requirement here (except that it must be an Ekans) if you are fortunate enough to get an Adamant Ekans, as this Ekans has no need to imitate Metal Gear. (Dummy007)

-I'll give you a Raticate. It must be caught in a Great Ball, on Route 1. Once it learns Endeavor, it must use it every time it switches in. It must never forget Focus Energy once it has evolved. (yaya0)

-Bulbasaur named Blissey. Knows Toxic, Leech Seed, Stun Spore/Sleep Powder (with sleep clause), any attacking move. Calm nature. Solo a gym leader's main other than B or M to evolve into Ivy (Raichu). Solo Sabrina or an Elite 4 member to evolve into Venus. (Iggdrasil)

E4 Battles!
Lorelei
-Lead with Venusaur. Frenzy Plant OHKO's Dewgong
-She switches in Slowbrow, I switch to Venomoth knowing that Venusaur will have to rest. Sleep powder, Sunny Day and spam SolarBeam. 2HKO
-She brings in Cloyster. I stay in for the one turn SolarBeam KO
-Jynx comes in and I switch to Raticate. Hyper Fang does half, then lovely kiss + ice punch takes out raticate
-I bring in Pidgeot, who cleans up with Steel Wing
-Lapras is up next, so I switch to Venusaur. Frenzy Plant crits and I OHKO.

Kill Count
Venusaur - 2
Venomoth - 2
Pidgeot - 1

Bruno
-Lead with Primeape. I Double Team 4 times as he misses every team. Focus Punch OHKO's
-He brings out hi other Onix. Focus Punch 2HKO's
-Hitmonchan is next. Somehow hits twice, Primeape is taken out.
-I bring out Pidgeot to clean up. Won't use Fly because of Sky Uppercut, Return does the job
-A little bit of a war and Machamp takes out Pidgeot.
-I bring out Venomoth. Psychic cleans up.
-Hitmonlee is next. Sleep Powder first, then 3 Psychics finish the job.

Kill Count
Venusaur - 2
Venomoth - 4
Pidgeot - 2
Primeape - 2

Agatha
-Lead with Pidgeot. Hit Gengar twice with Fly but die to Toxic.
-Venomoth cleans up with Psychic.
-Golbat is up next, so Arbok makes his first appearance. Screech + Rock Slide KO's Golbat
-Haunter comes in and I bring in Venusaur. Hypnosis hits me and fearing Dream Eater I run to Primeape
-Primeape comes in on a Curse and manages to 2HKO with Overheat
-Big battle with her last Gengar, wherein Primeape and Venomoth die. Venusaur cleans up with Leech Seed and Frenzy Plant
-I sac Venusaur to revive Primeape who 2HKO's with Earthquake

Kill Count
Venomoth - 5
Venusaur - 3
Primeape - 4
Pidgeot - 2
Arbok - 1

Lance
-Lead with raticate. He dies to Gyarados' Hyper Beam. Venusaur cleans up with Frenzy Plant
-Aerodactyl is up and I switch to Arbok. Rock Slide 3HKO's
-Dragonite is up and I try Raticate again. Miss a Blizzard, KO'd by Outrage. Switch in the nearly dead Arbok to revive Raticate and try again
-Blizzard critical hits, first try.
-Dragonair comes in against Raticate. I blizzard again for 50% and get KO'd by Hyper Beam
-Primeape cleans up with Focus Punch
-Last Dragonair kills Primeape with Outrage
-I bring in my Specially Defensive beast Venusaur, who tanks an Outrage, poisons Dragonair and leech seeds as he gets confused. Stall out for the victory.

Kill Count
Venusaur - 5
Venomoth - 5
Primeape - 5
Arbok - 2
Pidgeot - 2
Raticate - 1

Gary
-Lead Arbok, Rock Slide 2HKO's Pidgeot.
-Long story short, Venusaur takes out Rhydon and Raticate takes out Alakazam
-Exeggutor kills Raticate again after a Blizzard. I bring in Venomoth, put him to sleep and revive my whole team.
-He wakes up, misses, so I put him to sleep and heal my whole team.
-Finally after all the healing, he takes out venomoth
-He takes out Pidgeot after a full restore with Exeggutor
-I put him to sleep with Venusaur and swich to Raticate. Raticate KO's with Blizzard
-Gyarados is up, I sleep him with Venusaur and switch to Raticate again. Thunder 2HKO's.
-Finally, Charizard. The one Pokemon I have no response to. Coincidentally, Raticate just learned Endeavor after beating Gyarados.
-Charizard outspeeds and KO's Raticate with Aerial Ace. I sac Venusaur to revive Raticate.
-Fire Blast misses Raticate and I have to use Endeavor, as per his rules. Brings Charizard down to 2/3's. I have epic Star Wars Music playing at this point.
-Fire Blast misses again and I hit with Thunder. Sitrus berry activates for Zard.
-Fire Blast misses AGAIN and I hit with Thunder. He heals up and I hit with another Thunder.
-Fire Blast finally KO's Raticate. With only one left, I feel confident. Arbok comes in for Intimidate purposes and to revive some team mates
-Long story short, Arbok KO's with Rock Slide.

Kill Count
Venusaur - 6
Venomoth - 5
Primeape - 5
Arbok - 4
Raticate - 4
Pidgeot - 2

Pokemon
Blissey the Venusaur, lvl 50
Overgrow
Calm
-Toxic
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Frenzy Plant

MVP, despite only having one move. Frenzy Plant is ridiculously overpowered when you can just switch out. Toxic saw limited use, but Sleep Powder and Leech Seed were very useful.

Affronted the Venomoth, lvl 51
Shield Dust
Impish
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Psychic
-Sleep Powder

Very useful in the E4, especially reviving my team with a quick sleep powder a couple of times. A shame that I couldn't get Silver Wind or Exeggutor would've been cake. Oh well, 2MVP.

yaya0 the Raticate, lvl 50
Run Away
Modest
-Thunder
-Blizzard
-Endeavor
-Hyper Fang

Did relatively little, until destroying Gary. Why can a rat shoot electricity and spit ice? Who knows, but Gyarados, Alakazam and Exeggutor sure as hell didn't like it. Also, haxing Charizard out of Fire Blast for Arbok was key. Definite MVP of that battle, but not so high for the whole Elite 4.

Rargo the Primeape, lvl 49
Vital Spirt
Calm
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Overheat
-Double Team

Meh, he was rather mediocre. I figured Overheat would see more use in the E4, but nah. He was kinda limited because of the bad nature and other members doing what he did better.

SolidSnake the Arbok, lvl 51
Intimidate
Lonely
-Dig
-Rock Slide
-Screech
-Bite

Didn't know Sludge Bomb was only after the E4, which sucked. He mostly did leading and revenge killing, but finished off that bitch of a Charizard for me. Good work Arbok.

Atheno the Pidgeot, lvl 47
Keen Eye
Rash
-Fly
-Featherdance
-Steel Wing
-Return

LVP. Early game beast turned into late game flop. No real surprise here, I'm sure most people saw this coming.
MAN my Venomoth just BARELY missed the MVP slot. Venusaur only won because it's UU and not NU. RACISM, that's right, I went there.

Pidgeot was a shame. I remember it being better. Anyway, well done completing with 5 NU's and an UU, especially now when so many people do not finish.
Don't fucking Jimmy me Jules. I ALWAYS finish my Scrambles. I don't even ask for new ones until I'm at the E4 of the last one I started.

Lastly,
Hint for above. Phoebe.
Make sure that If you do go with Phoebe, whatever you start to set up on does not know Curse.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
*Sigh* reserves are stupid.

I am almost finished my Platinum Scramble. Azelf has been caught and it had a Mild nature so I get a Kirlia that must keep Imprison and Magical Leaf. After it gets caught up to speed the final assault will begin beginning with Volkner.

Final update for this Scramble will come after the E4.

Also more advertising for my *hard* Emerald Scramble. I will likely begin taking challenges in the week before Christmas. View my sig for my FR run. If anyone gives me that Machop I will kill you :)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thats essentially what happened to me except without the specs. Flamethrower, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Thief. Yeah. That thing couldn`t KO shit.

Small nitpick but, vratix, you actually had 2 uu and a bl in your fr scramble (as it's a 3rd gen game we must go by 3rd gen tiers). Also I might aswell update on my ss scramble.
Didn't have a starter so I chose totodile to give my rival a chikorita, finally was able to catch pokemon and traded over most of my team, trained up bulbasaur to lvl6 and then boxed toto. Finally it could really begin. Switch trained my skorupi till it could actually attack and used him for most of bellsprout tower (or whatever it's called) did a bit of switch training with my tentacool, koffing and zubat, did some grinding to the southern route and challanged the gym. Soloed the entire gym with skorupi, fulfilling that requirement, and went on my way, leveling up zubat as I went. Finally made it to azalea town, took on tr, did some more grinding until zubat learned wing attack, and took on the gym. Quite easy actually, just hit scyther with wing attack until it fainted and the rest was easy (why did they give a gym leader both metapod and kakuna? there's even someone in the gym with a beedrill). Next was goldenrod, but first I went to catch the last member of my team, a nidoran-f. Did a lot of grinding against the trainers above goldenrod and finally decided to take on the gym. Skorupi did most of the work, 2hkoing everything with rock smash until all that was left was whitney, god I hate whitney, finally defeated her after her stupid miltank took out my entire team with hax (how does that thing outspeed a lvl20 zubat anyways?) revived skorupi for 1 last stand against her almost full health miltank, and won. Just made my way to ecruteak, and will try to train my team equally now (koffing,tentacool and nido are all underleveled atm).

I was going to do a leaf green scramble challenge with no restrictions and i can't trade.

1. Poliwag named
2. R
hyhorn named bertha
3. Meowth named "MattTheCat"
4. Drowzee named P.Bear
5. Mankey named Steve
6. Abra named ?

Didn't realize you can't get Abra.

Take an Ekans named Sergeant.

EDIT: You can't get Ekans, nevermind. You can find Abra north of the Nugget Bridge and West of the Nugget Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)