The Shortest Distance Between Two Points (gen 5 UU peaked #10)

What's up everyone it's the Demon is back with another sexy and interesting team for you guys. We all grew up learning that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line this team is based entirely on that truth. This team takes most of the guesswork out of battling and it does it in the most efficient manner. If used properly you won't even know what the term walls means. It goes from a wall to something that just didn't die in 1 hit. A tank goes from a monster that can take hits to something with as much durability as a smart car. Remember the straightest distance between you and victory is a straight line and this team is the beacon that lights the way!

Changes will be made in blue.
Changes I'm considering will be made in red.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt/Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Trick
- Tri Attack

This guy is just absolutely amazing in so many ways it's not even funny. It is capable of 2 shotting almost anything if not anything ESPECIALLY after rocks. I decided on timid because I wanted to outrun and kill as man offensive pokemon as possible. I also selected that nature because I feel his spatk stat is well off enough, not to mention with adaptability the primary star attack of this set will punch holes in everything regardless. Dark pulse is mainly for bulky or just annoying ghost that I want out of my way immediately It also helps meoletta learn her place in the hierarchy of UU special attackers. Dark pulse is also nice because it brings a huge flinch chance to the table which if I may restate is huge. Nothing wants to take two shots from specs p-z, but two shots while only being allowed to fire 1 back yourself?! Forget about it! Next, is Thunderbolt another obvious pick up thanks to the many bulky waters, steel types, and flying also since electric is just a good offensive type over all if I remove the ground types and one annoying ass rose that comes to mind I can spam it if I choose to. types that occupy these and lower tiers. Thunderbolt's main targets however are things like empoleon, suicune, bronzong in other words things it hits for SE damage or for neutral coverage. Hidden power grass is the the hidden gem in this set. This allows me to make early game kills on lead perts and lead rhyperiors due to the fact that no one is ready for it. It also helps with mind games vs recurring opponents If I play the opponent again they have it stuck in there head "omg the duck has hp grass better switch to save my rocker!" That's when mind games begin and things like this tri-attack start to really hurt. Now this being an adaptability porygon-z you know his stab moves get boosted even more and we all know what that stab move is... This thing removes absolutely all the god damn guesswork out of a match once ghost types are gone and can't ruin your spam session. Add up the adaptability boost+porygon's 369 spatk stat+ choice specs+ a 20% chance to get either a burn, freeze, or para you have yourself a problem. Just to make you aware of how serious this threat is let me slide you some calcs.

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 119-140 (35.2 - 41.42%) -- 79.32% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD
Cobalion: 176-208 (45.71 - 54.02%) -- 21.48% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD
Umbreon: 162-192 (41.11 - 48.73%) -- 21.48% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 294-348 (91.3 - 108.07%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 270-318 (83.85 - 98.75%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Snorlax: 192-228 (38.63 - 45.87%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Added note: the 2 attack Ivs allow me to keep hp grass 70 without getting molested by foul play.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

As you can notice by looking at my team I have no spinner and therefore I am susceptible to entry hazards and annoying stall if my high damage pokes/stall breakers aren't capable of handling the job (highly unlikely though). This guy is the primary lead/ harasser for my team and god damnit it does it's job and does it well!
Earthquake and stone edge obviously are the Infamous quake edge hitting nearly everything in UU for good damage only 3 pokemon are exceptions to this (claydol, bronzong, and flygon). Stealth rocks is in the third slot simply because I want hazards got damn it! No need to over complicate this! Taunt is simply here to prevent hazards via a lesser offensive means it also can be used to stop set up sweepers, rest talkers, walls, and anything else you can think off.lol this guy also makes a great sweep stopper thanks to the sash (if I keep it in tact) it also forces my opponents to attack immediately because they know if they don't they will be taunted in a heart beat. I love this guy and his moves are basic and obvious but still very effective. It's a great pokemon whooping on Abamasnow, crobat, rotom h, nidos, chandelure, honchkrow, and more. This guy helps keep our straight path to victory nice and clean.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

This guy is the second wall breaker/revenge killer/ sweeper/ god on this team. Man I can't tell you just how many game this guy has just won or saved me. The scarf is there to obviously help it out speed general threats in the metagame that it normally could not and due to the fact that he is one of the fastest scarfers the metagame has to offer he is generally not out paced by much else. I chose reckless over regenerator because I think for a scarfer or at least this one Power > than longevity. Besides if played properly this guy won't get a scratch on his forehead unless it's from hazards which can be somewhat problematic, but if I can keep them down to stealth rocks or a spike layer it won't be an issue. Hi Jump Kick on this guy is a thing of beauty a stab+ reckless boosted hi jump kick firing off an attack stat of 349 is an absurd amount of power. 1 and 2 hitting almost everything after rock even pokemon. Like suicune, Blastoise, bronzong, Hitmontop, and rhyperior feel it in the worst of ways. Once it's checks such as nidoqueen, gligar, golurk, and cofagrigus are removed feel free to spam away. Stone edge is just a good coverage move to have around. It deals with flying, Bugs, fire (these get wrecked by hjk but eh), and gives a good option to hit ghost with most notable chandy. U-turn gives me the momentum and the ability to switch on my opponent's switch without the added guess work of double switching. I mostly use u-turn when I see a ghost on the opponent's team or I know they are packing the protect. Aerial Ace is simply here for heracross or at least in my mind it is.lol This guy has it all speed, power, and a spammable move that makes it easy our journey toward victory that much shorter and easier.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

This little lady right here is the team's miracle worker. Man, she is the team's special wall/cleric/fire resist/elec immunity/water/flying resist and I'll be damned if she isn't effective at her jobs. I chose volt absorb over water absorb because she can eat water hits already thanks to her typing, and due to the fact that my team also isn't particularly water weak so I didn't feel water absorb was needed. I also took volt absorb because it's a great answer to volt turning pokemon as well as pokes like zapdos (who pack hp flying a lot these days ), togekiss even after a nasty plot only does like 21% with Air slash, and sub cm raikou just kinda cries because those lady kills all his fun. Stopping them dead in their tracks while also regaining my life in the process. Now, onto the move set! Heal beal is a beautiful thing it keeps not only my sweet blue fish health but it makes the team's objective a lot easier to accomplish because it allows me to stay in longer vs status inducers with my other pokemon and rack up the damage. Then first shot I get I can bring her out and patch up their status boo boos then go back in and wreck more crap. She also helps out the bulkier pokemon by clearing them of their status and granting them more longevity as well. Her support value can never be under estimated EVERRRR. Scald is just the primary water choice attack move for walls these days and it's definitely easy to comprehend why. Decent base power with the potential to burn which only further increases her support value by not only making her a great spatk sponge. Burn status also helps because it puts residual damage on some bothersome steel types making my team's job just that much easier. Volt switch is secondary stab and preemptive get the hell out of here move. The reason I say preemptive is because 9/10 when you use it you are making a read on the opponent because most of the things they intend on switching into will generally beat it out or attempt to like roserade and if you make the right reads you avoid the situation and get some damage out if it as well. Toxic just there for residual damage on walls mostly. Anything that isn't a steel type, poison moves, or a physical attack can and should be poisoned if plausible. It's just a great way to put added pressure on an opponent to make a move and force them into tough decisions. This girl is great at helping weaken things all while keeping her own team strong.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

This guy is a monster plain and simple! His defenses are absolutely ridiculous and his staying power is unmatched in my eyes. Cofagrigus is my defensive wall but his primary functions that I chose him were 1. Fighting type check 2. Spin blocker and I couldn't possibly be more please with how well this guy handles his jobs. I placed him on the team because aerodactyl doesn't have much staying power. This means that I have a very slim chance to get a second set up if someone decides to spoil my fun and spin them away. This guy makes sure our hazards go where and pisses off the opponent in the process as well. He tanks hits from any and every physical attacker and even some spatkers and then recovers it off using their hp to help him do so. Mummy is the greatest of physical walling abilities in UU and is the trolliest thing ever for example say azumaril hits cofagrigus hits me with a waterfall the initial one will do 41%-48% (assume it has choice band), but afterwords it's attack stat is knocked back down to 218 thanks to the loss of huge power. It can make machamp lose no guard, scrafty lose shed skin, and my favorite make honchkrow lose moxie. While it's ability is great it's move set is even better, so let's jump into it!
First move slot goes to haze why? Because why not god damn it!? It's a great move, prevents me from being set up bait for pokes and always keeps me in the driver seat of the match. It definitely shuts down baton passing teams, physical set up sweeping? Forget about it! Curse lax? More like free health! This thing is one move is reason enough to love it but that's not it by a long shot. Pain split allows this guy to stay around and stay active even when he is weakened. Things with massive hp stats are like candy for this guy he just sucks and syphons health off of them until they are nothing left or are at least in ko range for one of it's partners. Shadow ball= stab move it's really just that simple. Will-o-wisp increased his longevity by burning physical attackers and making them do EVEN LESS to this behemoth of a defensive wall. It also allows his other friends to sponge hits better, while also providing residual damage to my opponent's pokes. This pokemon works incredibly well with my lanturn and it's just absolutely unbelievable how much support they provide for one another in addition to the help they give to the team. Lanturn saves this guy from status and electric bullies, so this guy can save the team from set up sweepers and her from physical attackers. It's a beautifully odd relationship, but they make it work.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm or Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef alternative spread 204 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/ 48 Spd (suggested by Moose V)
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off/Sleep Talk
- Pursuit

This pokemon is great i don't know what else to say. It has a typing only shared with 2 other pokemon (one of which sucks) which gives it only one weakness, it's bulky, and it hits hard what the hell else do you want?! I went for a bulkier attack spread and leftover so that I would have staying power as well as the ability to make reads on my opponent and freely change my attacks. My first attack was Iron head very nice stab that isn't resisted by much and even the things that are used in UU that do resist it are generally hurt pretty bad still. It is also very good for dealing with a lot of the things that megahorn is 4x resisted by or just resisted by in general. Megahorn is the second move and of course secondary stab this thing hurts like hell especially when swarm gets activated at that point anything you have that doesn't 4x resist it is getting hurt and bad! Megahorn has the same story as iorn head "it just hurts shit, but only worse.... The end." Knock off is a great move and helps taking down walls and walking our way to victory that much easier. People drastically underestimate how important leftovers or e-lite are to their pokemon well after we knock that stuff off they quickly find out. Pokemon who would avoid being 1-2 shot due to the lefties recovery no longer have that safety net, Gligar is no longer a bulk monster, suicune can take 2 hi jump kicks while sleeping anymore and the list goes on and on. This move isn't only for disabling walls it also messes up an opponent's offense. Slapping lum berries, scarfs, specs, and life orbs away... Item check suckas!!! Pursuit makes this guy even scarier. It makes him simply inescapable while he doesn't get stab on it like a certain bird pimp we all know that doesn't mean it's not useful. Things like weakened ambipom, chandelure locked into shadow ball, flygons after outrage, and defensive roserades without the hp fiya are all victims. Kick an struggle as you might, but escavalier is getting that butt tonight. This guy is an absolute monster and is an amazing asset to the team through typing and it's pure power. Another helper on our straight and narrow path to victory.

Well that's it for everyone guys I truly hope that you all enjoy my team. Please let me know any improvements that you feel I need to make or just let me know what you all think. This team has done very well by me and I know if you will give it a shot it will lead you many victories as well.

The alternative spread was suggested by Moose V. This spread allows for escavalier to hit hard/tank/hits and more importantly outspeed and kill the hell out of slowbro instead of having to take a scald hope I'm not burned an then kill it.

The Replay Section!

The Importable Section

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Tri Attack

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Escavalier (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Last edited:
You included our first replay i see why dint you also include our last replay where you get outplayed in every single turn from getting your taunt bounced back to getting your cofagrigus burned by my sync mew.

overall in the 4-5 games we had i won most of them won by me and bolding up that replay above all else is so fucking wrong, as soon as i realized that porygon was specs things got really easy for me and the fact you are using as a lead is not ideal. add to that that was an really early variant of my team and i was still using that nido and azelf instead of mew.

Last edited:
You included our first replay i see why dint you also include our last replay where you get outplayed in every single turn from getting your taunt bounced back to getting your cofagrigus burned by my sync mew.

overall in the 4-5 games we had i won most of them won by me and bolding up that replay above all else is so fucking wrong, as soon as i realized that porygon was specs things got really easy for me and the fact you are using as a lead is not ideal. add to that that was an really early variant of my team and i was still using that nido and azelf instead of mew.
Gery knight I don't think you've ever beaten me? I believe you have me mistaken for another player because the only taunt I've ever had bounced back at me was by a xatu and then a gligar followed behind that after words.lol So you can complain if you want, but I've still out played you far more times than you have outplayed me.

Next, that replay was bolded on accident because I had the bold thing on when because I edited and put the bold function on my rmt after it was types so when I posted that replay it was accidentally bolded as well. The others were posted after the fact because I dug through all my replays then edited it again. So stop crying.

You are upset by the fact that I grabbed a bunch of random replays and posted them? I don't know why you are on here pretending you have bested me more times than I have beaten you but we both know that is a lie... Even you have posted on my page and I quote "that banded mienshao gets the best of me everytime" even though it's scarfed. So, unless you have something to contribute or you are here to be honest and admit what you've already admitted on my wall (I've beaten you more times than you have beaten) you can kick rocks with no socks and flip flops.lol

I've also beaten your team with mew on it. You haven't beaten me you haven't even come close... You always die to either tri attack spam or hjk... But you come no where near defeating me. So, unless you've changed it again you've also lost to me with that team as well.

Also, last I checked getting burned by mew sync was a conscious decision on my part due to the fact that I have a heal beal lanturn and the fact that my mummy is a special attack with pain split meaning it's not effecting me all that much.

Last edited:
You where one step from getting your team destroyed at the WoW part (a recreation will clear things easily), i am also pretty sure that i defeated you 2 times not considering that internet disconnection, and bounced back either your taunt or rocks, the first time you haxed at the end game(critted your way through screens with a ~9% mienshit, and then when i tried to death fodder my mew/azelf to sr hoping that will cause recoil you said "nope it doesnt work that way " like you knew it wouldn't, rings a bell ?)

and at the next i got surprised by unfamiliar damage calculations not to mention that luck was on your side as well if you calculate various parts like double WoW non miss and HJK constant hitting , and thats when i typed that on your profile, we battled another 3 times after that i was on different accounts with a bit different teams such easy victories i dint even bothered to record them.

your team will have hard times in the high ladder, the only thing that gives you a small success is circumstantial reckless mienshao breakthroughs.

Either way just because i liked an old dual screens rmt of yours witch i actually found and helped me a slightly to make my own , and i don't like to seeing such an old player with good amounts of skill but with mediocre team here some advices that might help this set of poks

Trashcan your Laturn this thing is pathetic, i don't understand why you need a cleric there the only thing that needs it is escavalier, you mienshao shouldn't afford getting any kind of scalds and it cant stand against WoW ghosts

Trashcan aerodactyl, i know it might give you avd over low ladder leads where you can gain huge momentum in low ladder battles just by taunting unsuspected opponent leads, but how many times that thing actually helped you in a game in the high ladder ? but i must that you forgot to mention in its description that one of the greatest avd of aerodactyl is that it makes your opponent to play recklessly expecting you to be noobish like i did therefore chose suicune to lead instead of screening with azelf thinking that it would be another easy low ladder win against a set of low tier pok compilation.

Change the set of escavalier, i changed my minds about escavalier and its viability in UU a bit after some matches in the high ladder.
so i highly recommend you to use the standard band set, give it overcoat because in the high ladder hail teams are everywhere, after all reaching the swarm zone is rarer than crossing a hail team, plus you might also noticed by your self that its not that bulky it cant afford being exposed too long to damages because of its low speed,the extra attack will clear things faster,you can also try return over Knock off for some decent natural coverage

in the place of aerodactyl you can try a classic mew/azelf lead instead , in the place of the lanturn you can try offensive or defensive roserante/shaymin, roserante to actually exploit the presence of a spin blocker, Hp ice shaymin to hit raikou and Zapd a bit harder

if you want to keep the gimmick lead you can try flying gem /endeavor archeops with Taunt it beats both spinners in the tier reducing the need of a spin blocker , and opponents will consider your team even more weak.

hope that helps , and more people should rate

Lol it's not gimmicky. This pokemon legitimately beats most of today's leads. But aerodactyl is my normal lead.

Trust me my team is far far from a gimmick sir. I've played against and beaten or damn near beaten every 1900-2000 player that I've come across. In fact the only one I've lost to Pokemonisfun. And that's only because I missed an HJK on his last pokemon darmanitan allowing it to take the game with flare blitz.

You've never beaten me and that is fact. You may have beaten someone mimicking my team to an extent, but you have never beaten me. You say you have but yet have no proof. I save my wins and losses so please inform me of what teams of yours I lost to because it's easy to claim you've beaten me when you actually haven't. While I have proof time and time again I've beaten you.

A lot of things benefit from clerics for example say I am spamming tri attack and snoralax gets a body slam para. Well I can be rid if that at a convenient time or say a pokemon has gone to sleep that I didn't want sleeping. Well I can wake it up again without banking on sleep to work In my favor.

Also you have no idea of what you're talking about if you say my team LEANS on mienshao no. Mienshao is a great assets but leans on it no. Porygon z breaks down anything that wants to stand in mienshao's way and mienshao cleans up or depending in how my opponent plays it can go the opposite way and porygon can sweep.

Lanturn is a great special wall and checks a lot of shit chandelure, zapdos, Yanmega, raikou, and togikiss to name a few.

You can be upset grey knight that's fine, but don't claim you've ever beaten me knowing damn well you haven't.

Interestingly enough this team has only lost a total of about 4-5 times in the 2 1/2weeks that I was using it on the ladder. Sooooo yeah... And I'm pretty sure none of those were to you.

Banned escavalier isn't needed when it already hits hard and the purpose of it is to help cripple walls especially evolite based ones like gligar. Everything has a purpose and escavalier can't fulfill his with a band.

Last edited:
You where one step from getting your team destroyed at the WoW part (a recreation will clear things easily), i am also pretty sure that i defeated you 2 times not considering that internet disconnection, and bounced back either your taunt or rocks, the first time you haxed at the end game(critted your way through screens with a ~9% mienshit, and then when i tried to death fodder my mew/azelf to sr hoping that will cause recoil you said "nope it doesnt work that way " like you knew it wouldn't, rings a bell ?)

and at the next i got surprised by unfamiliar damage calculations not to mention that luck was on your side as well if you calculate various parts like double WoW non miss and HJK constant hitting , and thats when i typed that on your profile, we battled another 3 times after that i was on different accounts with a bit different teams such easy victories i dint even bothered to record them.

your team will have hard times in the high ladder, the only thing that gives you a small success is circumstantial reckless mienshao breakthroughs.

Either way just because i liked an old dual screens rmt of yours witch i actually found and helped me a slightly to make my own , and i don't like to seeing such an old player with good amounts of skill but with mediocre team here some advices that might help this set of poks

Trashcan your Laturn this thing is pathetic, i don't understand why you need a cleric there the only thing that needs it is escavalier, you mienshao shouldn't afford getting any kind of scalds and it cant stand against WoW ghosts

Trashcan aerodactyl, i know it might give you avd over low ladder leads where you can gain huge momentum in low ladder battles just by taunting unsuspected opponent leads, but how many times that thing actually helped you in a game in the high ladder ? but i must that you forgot to mention in its description that one of the greatest avd of aerodactyl is that it makes your opponent to play recklessly expecting you to be noobish like i did therefore chose suicune to lead instead of screening with azelf thinking that it would be another easy low ladder win against a set of low tier pok compilation.

Change the set of escavalier, i changed my minds about escavalier and its viability in UU a bit after some matches in the high ladder.
so i highly recommend you to use the standard band set, give it overcoat because in the high ladder hail teams are everywhere, after all reaching the swarm zone is rarer than crossing a hail team, plus you might also noticed by your self that its not that bulky it cant afford being exposed too long to damages because of its low speed,the extra attack will clear things faster,you can also try return over Knock off for some decent natural coverage

in the place of aerodactyl you can try a classic mew/azelf lead instead , in the place of the lanturn you can try offensive or defensive roserante/shaymin, roserante to actually exploit the presence of a spin blocker, Hp ice shaymin to hit raikou and Zapd a bit harder

if you want to keep the gimmick lead you can try flying gem /endeavor archeops with Taunt it beats both spinners in the tier reducing the need of a spin blocker , and opponents will consider your team even more weak.

hope that helps , and more people should rate
Stop with your bullshit. Just stop.

I would have thought that after everyone took turns shitting on you the last time you were a complete asshole like this that you would've learned a lesson but I guess not. How can anybody respect you when you go on a competing UU RMT and talk shit? They are his replays, he's allowed to do whatever he wants with them and you have no right to complain about how you got your ass handed to you in one of them.

Sorry for the profanity but you need to get it through your skull that this is not alright.

Azure Demon I have a few suggestions for you:
1) I'd give Escavalier 48 Speed EVs. Outspeeding Snorlax and especially Slowbro/Slowking is pretty huge when you consider how they can potentially get a status off before you go down.

2) You may want to consider making Cofag the OTR set. Escavalier absolutely loves trick room and the very minimal amount of defense lost is easily compensated by the huge amount of power gained. If you still just like the support moves, I'd go: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe Modest nature with Hidden Power Fighting over haze.

3) I think Trick > Thunderbolt on P-Z since I could see CroCune being annoying.

4) Sleep talk > Knock off on Esc. Knock Off's great if you're running super stall but otherwise I think you should just be going for damage

Also for anyone wondering what I'm talking about with Grey Knight, here's that little gem

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
nitpick unless you really really ned swarm on esca i suggest you change its ability to overcoat because you seem somewhat weak to hail stall while esca can just manhandle it almost by itself seeing as it is almost the perfect walrein counter.

Hopefully I can give a full rate very soon!

Comments:
Porygon-Z:
I don't see HP Grass being useful. Everything it hits hard, will get hit way harder by an adaptability Tri Attack. Instead, replace it with Trick, so that you can shut down walls. This gives your Porygon-Z more than a 1-Dimensional purpose, and can get you out of sticky situations.

Aerodactyl:
The set is fine, but your EV Spread kills you. The 4 HP Ev's means you can switch into stealth rocks 4 Times. If you have 0 HP Ev's, you will be able to pull it off 5 times, if you do not take damage of course. This is a small nitpick, but can come into play in the long run. Overall, pokemon susceptible to Hazards should have Odd Numbers in terms of HP. I suggest investing the 4 Ev's into Special Defense.

Mienshao:
Interesting set. I still am not convinced about Reckless though. The only move it seems to help is Hi Jump Kick, but regenerator can keep you around much longer. The boost is significant, and replaces life orb, so I won't dirt on it. The moveset is fine, but I would definitely play around with the ability.

Lanturn:
Ice Beam over Heal Bell. It makes your Lanturn so much less susceptible to things like Gligar and Roserade. Overall, your team doesn't mind status to a degree that heal bell is worth it. But Ice Beam can actually deliver some offensive presence to your lanturn, and give it another way to finish off it's coverage to defend itself.

Cofagrigus:
This is my favorite set. It is the best cofagrigus set. Defensive Cofagrigus is amazing nuff' said.

Escavalier:
Interesting, but I don't like Pursuit and Knock Off on the same set. Pursuit doesn't seem appropriate, as it isn't exactly a switch forcer. I would put Reversal or Counter, as you can take hits and either dish out more damage as you go, or dish out twice as much as you took. These seem much more appropriate on a bulky offensive set like yours.

Changes:
Porygon-Z: HP Grass to Trick
Aerodactyl: 4 HP Evs to 4 Special Defense Evs
Mienshao: (Not Required) Reckless to Regenerator
Lanturn: Heal Bell to Ice Beam
Cofagrigus: (EPIC)
Escavalier: Pursuit to Reversal or Counter

epikkyogre78

Banned deucer.
I tried out this team, and to be honest, it pretty much covers all the threats it needs to. It doesn't need a whole lot of tweaking, but one thing I would try out is using Durant over Escavalier. Sometimes, I find myself in a situation where I can easily set up on something and sweep, but I get frustrated, because I can't set up, because there's no set-up sweeper. Durant is basically an Escavalier with all of its special bulk dumped into Speed and a slightly better movepool. While this does make you more vulnerable to Sceptile and some other Pokémon, it gives you a set-up sweeper that can sweep whole teams if revenge killers are taken out beforehand.
It's just something to think about.

1) I'd give Escavalier 48 Speed EVs. Outspeeding Snorlax and especially Slowbro/Slowking is pretty huge when you consider how they can potentially get a status off before you go down.

2) You may want to consider making Cofag the OTR set. Escavalier absolutely loves trick room and the very minimal amount of defense lost is easily compensated by the huge amount of power gained. If you still just like the support moves, I'd go: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe Modest nature with Hidden Power Fighting over haze.

3) I think Trick > Thunderbolt on P-Z since I could see CroCune being annoying.

4) Sleep talk > Knock off on Esc. Knock Off's great if you're running super stall but otherwise I think you should just be going for damage
1)I never really took into consideration putting a few of his hp evs into speed to outspeed slowbro. Snoralax I don't care about outspeeding because I generally still out damage it and if it get para on me I have a lanturn I can bring in when it's convenient an get rid of the status though para does more good than harm in my opinion. It slows me down yes bur prevents me from getting burned or slept which are the two main things I care about.
I'm definitely going to tweak this spread man. Thank you for this great suggestion

2) I have actually tried the trick room set and yes it nets kills and helps escavalier, but that's about where it's usefulness ends. Also the main time escavalier gets to use it is when my cof is dead. With that set I actually become more susceptible to set up sweeps which is what I don't really like. On most of if not all my team I want a way to reset or destroy an opponents win condition.

3) crocunes actually don't give me much trouble. Specs p-z+lanturn keep the old gal in check pretty nicely. What I do is I force it to sleep through a combination of toxic, scalds, and heal belling off burns then I make the read on when it will sleep and volt out. Depending on my opponent's choices vs my lanturn I can go out to 1-4 things. I can go out to my porygon-z and t bolt it killing it before it wakes up. Go out to my mummy to get rid of its CMs. Go out to my aerodactyl and taunt it preventing it from using sleep talk or rest once it wakes up again. Or go to my escavalier and get rid of lefties making my toxics and my hits wear it down even fast

(Here are some cals to let you know I'm not just talking here)
252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 190-224 (47.02 - 55.44%) -- 14.84% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. +2 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 142-168 (35.14 - 41.58%) -- 81.05

4) I will try sleep talk on escavalier it's actually quite interesting to me actually. That gives me a designated sleeper, but on the other hand I also lose a part of what makes this team so good and that is the ability to remove items from physical walls and chandelures.

Thank you for the suggestions I will definitely try some of these out

hilarious I actually have no issues with hail rain gives me more issues that hail ever has. My special wall walls at least 90%- 95% of special attackers you see on hail teams if not more she gets checked by Abamasnow yes, I can easily predict an Abamasnow switch and volt turn to something that keeps the match at my tempo. Stallrein can't toxic stall me at all thanks to lanturn heal bell. There isn't much I know of that likes really seeing p-z and once ghost and nidoqueen are gone nothing stands a shot at dealing with mienshao

Brawlfest
Porygon-z is an alternative hazard check essentially. Porygon wrecks pert, nidos, rhyperior, Uxie, and crustle. Hp grass is almost specifically for pert and rhyperior. The reason I put him in on these pokemon is he is capable of killing them nearly instantly keeping my side hazard or at least rocks free. In crustle and uxie's case preventing the first from going into berry range while still killing in 2 shots and the second from being able to do more than one support function. But I will definitely give it a shot.

Aerodactyl: Thanks I completely neglected that man I appreciate you catching that.

Mienshao: reckless is to mienshao as adaptability is to proygon-z. The whole point of this team is to clear things out so that you can spam 1 or even both of these moves. With reckless my power and speed are both though the roof. Ohkoing all kinds of crazy threats even things that resist it or 2 shotting hitmontops After intimidate factors in.

Lanturn: there is no need to change heal beal. It grants the team longevity vs pokemon who try to stall it out through status or that paralyze, burn, or sleep a pokemon of mine another reason I don't think it's a good idea to change it is simply because there's nothing I don't hit really outside of grass types for neutral or se damage and grass types are things lanturn should get the hell away from anyway.lol

Escavalier: you'd be surprise how well he forces switches. Especially banded flygon locked into outrage if I don't kill him with megahorn first, meloetta, cressilia, bronzong, claydol, defensive roserade since they only carry giga drain and sludge bomb, slowbro (unless they are ballsy and scald), xatu no heat wave, chandelure locked Into shadow balls, and the list continues. Bug/steel is a really good defensive and offensive typing and is quite capable of putting the fear of god into things. Knock off actually just lets me slap stuff around if I don't feel like predicting a switch, but I feel a switch coming or I see my opponent has a dusclops, chandelure, or a gligar (I love slapping this one the most) I can let the current pokemon live (escavalier is a merciful god) and slap the item off whatever comes in.

epikkyogre78: I would, but think I would miss the natural bulk escavailer brings to he table. He has good defenses on both sides as well as a good attack stat to match. Durant is great from an offensive stand point and even his physical defense is good but his spdef is horrible which causes a couple problems for me.
1. he always gives the porygon's an spatk bonus (something you don't want in your life)
2. I run durant on one of my teams that peaked me into the 80's and I there is one the I know it's that any special attacker it can't one shot resisted or not hurts it and horribly!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)